⬻Chapter I: The Chairman's Message⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

  “Ahjumma, I got it!” You yelled out, as you ran up the steep sidewalk. The grandma stopped and turned around. She smiled when she saw you.
               “Aigoo, my child. You don’t have to always help me. I got it. Don’t you have work today?” The ahjumma asked. You finally caught up to her and rolled her cart. You guys walked along the sidewalk and chatted right away.
       “You’re not going to work?”
You looked at her.
“Ahh, I am. I’m going this way too.” You lied. Your stop was actually a few blocks back.
“Thanks for always helping me.” The ahjumma said, giving you a warm smile.
“No, it’s nothing. This is the littlest I can do.” You told her, returning the same smile.
“Did you eat yet?” The ahjumma asked, as you both arrived at her small shop.
“I did.” You lied.
“Ahjumma, I won't be back tonight. I might have to go somewhere. I'll call EunWoo to help you.” You told her, smiling from eye to eye.
EunWoo was the neighbor's son. He helped out here and there when you weren't there. What you loved most about your neighborhood was that everyone was helpful and kind to each other. Everyone knew each other, and you loved that connectedness. In other words, they were the other part of you.
Just as you were about to leave, the ahjumma stopped you.
“Wait.”
You turned around and looked at her.
“Yea?”
The ahjumma carried out a small lunch box.
“Take this for later. I know you will be hungry.” She placed the handle right in the palm of your hands.
“No, it’s okay, ahjumma!” You declined it, trying to push it back to her.
“No, take it!” She ordered you, pushing the bag back to you. 
You smiled and bowed to her.
“Thank you, ahjumma!” You said, before running off to work.
You turned around and gave her another wave. She returned the same wave back to you then walked inside her small shop. 
You ran back down the steep sidewalk, trying to control your speed.
You ran as fast as you could to catch the bus. Just as you reached the station, the bus drove off.
“Wait!!” You yelled out. You panted, trying to catch your breath.
You looked at the time that was displayed on your watch. It read 8:30. You had to be at work by 9.
“I can do this!” You encouraged yourself.
From then, you ran as fast as you could to your workplace.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Aish, not right now.” You said in disbelief. Your stocking caught onto a twig, ripping the right side. It was always that same twig you had troubles with. This wasn't the first time. To be exact, the fifteenth time since you got your new job, where you worked for about two months. 
"Aish, I'm going to have the city come and cut you off." You said out of frustration to the twig. You tried to "stitch" it back up by pulling the two sides of the stocking together, hoping it wouldn't be noticeable. Of course, stockings are no jokes the moment it tears apart. You looked at your watch again. 
"I'm going to be late!" You exclaimed, forgetting about the stocking and continuing your run to work.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You reached the front building right at 8:55AM.
“Five minutes, I can do this!” You said. You caught your breath then ran up the long stairs that led to the front entrance.
“Omo, -----!! Over here!”
You looked and saw your friend there behind the reception desk. 
Your only friend, Haein, was your number supporter. She's been through thick and thin with you. She knew everything about you. You were glad you got to meet her in the neighborhood. 
You ran straight to her, who was standing behind the reception.
“Omo, what happened to your stocking? Was it the same twig?” Haein asked, as she noticed the long and noticeable tear on your stocking.
“Aish, I hate that twig. Do you have extras?” You asked her, as you threw your bags under the counter.
“No, I wore my extra.” Haein said, giving you an apologetic look.
“It’s okay. I'll go grab one in the closet.” You said, trying to fix your hair.
“No, you can't do that right now. Remember, the chairman is supposed to be here at 9:10.” Haein said.
“Ah yes! I forgot.”
You looked at the mirror and practiced a smile before all the staffs lined up along the entrance of the huge, glass, main door.

The manager looked at you, scanning you from top to bottom.
“I don’t remember having ripped stockings as a uniform.” She said in a monotone, but strict voice.
Everyone feared her, especially you.
You gave her a low bowed and looked at her.
“I’m sorry, Ms. Kim. I wasn’t careful this morning and ----”
“I don’t need to hear excuses right now. Go stand on the other side.” She commanded.
You bowed your head and did as she instructed.
The fact that she was nice this time surprised you. Standing on the other side hid the ripped part of your stocking.
“Everyone listen up! The chairman will be arriving anytime now. Be on your best behavior as always.Don’t talk unless you’re instructed. Do you guys understand?” She said in a clear and concise voice, walking up and down the aisle.
“Yes.” Everyone said in unison.
Ms. Kim stopped in front of you.
“------shi, do you understand?”
You lowered your head.
“Yes.” You replied.
Your heart was beating so fast, not because of the chairman, but because of Ms. Kim.

You lifted your head up and saw Haein signaling you a “hwaiting” sign with her fist. You gave her a small smile.
The chairman followed by his family entered the building, and all the staffs bowed their head low, showing it as a sign of respect. His footsteps were so crispy and heavy; you felt the chills run down your whole body. It was protocol to keep your head down until the chairman and his family entered the elevator.
Once he entered, everyone lifted their head up and walked back to their station, as instructed by Ms. Kim. You stood there and looked at the elevator door slide close, catching a glimpse of the chairman's blazer. Haein walked over to you.
“Yah, what are you looking at?” She asked you, looking at the direction you were looking so intently.
“He’s so powerful.” You commented.
“Of course, he’s the chairman.”
“Yea, I know, but wow.”

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
It surprised you that a person could hold that much power.
Growing up at an orphanage, you didn't see that. Instead, you connected and met with the people who made a living selling food on the street, opened small restaurants, or lived on the island. Your work and city was a whole other world. 
“Let’s go find you another pair of stocking before Ms. Kim come over and yell at you.” Haein said, pulling your arm.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Haein walked into the dress closets that had extra uniforms. Haein grabbed one of the stockings and handed it over to you.
“Thanks Haein. I don’t know what I would do without you.” You said as you took the stocking from her hand.
“I wouldn’t know what I would do without you too.” Haein said as her lips formed a smile.
“Yah, are you going to the party tonight?” Haein asked you, giving you a gentle slap on the arm.
“I don’t think so. I don’t have a dress. Rent is due next week, so I have to save up.” You told her.
“Hey, don’t worry. It’s just a dress. It’ll be my treat.” Haein said.
“No, Haein, I can’t do that.”
“Yah, I don’t have a date. Plus, it’ll be weird if you don’t come.” Haein asked.
“Haein, I can’t. I know you’re lying. You have a date.” You chuckled at her.
“I don’t.” She lied.
“Haein, it’s okay. You can go and have fun on behalf.” You declined her offer.
“Yah! You’re going whether you like it or not.” Haein said and then walked out of the closet, leaving you there. You let out a soft sigh. One thing, for sure, Haein was a very stubborn person.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked into the bathroom and changed into the new stocking. You fixed your skirt and blazer. You tucked the few strands of hair that escaped from the bun behind your ears.Ms. Kim was strict when it came to hairstyles and uniform. The male staffs always had to have their hair gelled or brushed to the left side. The female staffs always had to their hair in a low-bun.
Once you felt confident with your looks, you walked out of the bathroom.
“Ms. Park, why aren’t you in the meeting room?”
Ms. Kim said in her stern voice. Her presence scared you so much; you forgot why you were in the bathroom.
You quickly bowed and apologized.
“I’m so sorry, Ms. Kim.”
“Head to the meeting room. There is an important announcement.” She said, before entering the bathroom.
Once the bathroom door closed, you ran to the meeting room.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You opened the door and saw that everyone was already seated. There were reporters and cameras everywhere in the room.
“-----!” You heard a harsh whispered coming from Haein. She waved to you to go sit next to her. You fast walked and took the seat next to her.
“Where did you go? I thought you came out when I walked out of the closet.” Haein asked.
“The bathroom. I had to change.” You told her.
“Oh, I forgot.” She chuckled.
“Why are there reporters here?” You asked Haein, looking around.
“I don’t know. I heard some people saying that the chairman is making a huge announcement.”
“Oh really?”

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The room became silent and everyone stood up, making you and Haein pop up from your seats.
It was the chairman and his family. Everyone bowed their heads, including you and Haein.
“You guys can have a seat.”
It was the chairman’s deep voice. It sounded so sinister and powerful.
Once he sat, everyone took their seat.

“I’d like to announce that I will be passing the title down.”
All the family members looked at the chairman in surprised. Everyone in the room had their eyes wide opened, in surprised; some had their mouth slightly opened; others had their hands on their chest, from the unexpected announcement. Cameras flashed everywhere and reporters tried to get their questions to the chairman.
 You looked at Haein, and Haein gave you the same confused and surprised look you gave her.

“Appa, what are you talking about?” His middle daughter asked, getting up from her seat. 
His youngest daughter looked at the chairman and then at her husband, both who were confused.
“Father-in-law, what’s this about?”
“Mr. Chairman, we didn’t discuss anything about this.” His younger brother asked.
"Appa, what's this announcement?" His oldest son asked. 
The chairman's youngest son stood up from his seat and looked at his father, baffled.

You knew that that was the drama that would be going around soon.
The chairman looked at her and the rest of his family, and then he looked back at the reporters. The chairman wasn't bothered by the reaction from his family. In fact, he wasn't bothered by it one bit.

“Within 24 hours, I will be stepping down as the chairman.”

“Mr. Chairman, is your daughter taking the title?”
“Mr. Chairman, will your grandson be the next CEO?”
“Mr. Chairman, are you passing it down to your son-in-law?”
“What about your brother? Your sons?”

Questions were thrown on top of each other. No one knew who was asking the questions, but flashes projected throughout the whole room. The room was in chaos.

“My grandson will be taking the title.”

Lee Soo Hyuk stood up from his chair, surprised.
“Grandpa.” Soohyuk said. His dream was finally coming true. He had been waiting for this moment. The chairman’s middle daughter, with a different but positive reaction, smiled at her father.
The chairman looked at Soohyuk and then back at the reporters.

“My grandson, Wi Ha Joon, will be taking the title.”
Soohyuk was surprised and confused. His mom, the chairman’s daughter, looked at her dad in shocked. Her eyes widened and mouth opened slightly. 
You looked at the daughter and you could see the anger in her eyes.

You thought.

Wi Ha Joon?


┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

I am so excited to bring you guys this new story, starring Wi Ha Joon and You. 
I hope you guys are as thrilled as I am to be writing this story. 
♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡


This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.


As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆