⬻Chapter XIV: Baby⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
Hajoon entered the car, one of the men closed the door and entered the passenger's side. 
Hajoon looked out the window, scanning your neighborhood.
“Boss, we have a bit of information on why Park -----shi was at the hospital earlier,” the man who sat in the passenger's side said.
Hajoon broke away from the view.
“What did you guys find?” Hajoon asked.
“She was at the hospital to assist a patient,” he said, turning to look at Hajoon.
“A patient? Do you know who the patient was?”
“Cha Eunwoo.”

Cha Eunwoo?
Hajoon thought.
The guy from earlier.

“Do you know why?”
“We are still looking more into it,” the man responded.
Hajoon nodded his head.
“Keep me updated.”
"Yes, Boss.I've placed the files next to you in the back."
Hajoon took the files into his hand and flipped through the papers in the folder, then he looked back at the man.
“That was all Park ----- was there for?” Hajoon asked, making sure he knew its entirety.
“As of now, yes,” the man replied.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon sat in his secret office, clicking the glossy look, black-inked pen. He took a sigh and walked over to his board. He scanned each picture before getting to your picture. He crossed his arms with his legs slightly apart from each other.
“Are you looking for what I’m looking for?” Hajoon whispered under his breath.
Hajoon became more suspicious of you.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Oh, Lee Soo Hyuk.”
You furrowed your brows, as confusion wrote on your face. On the other hand, Soohyuk was just as confused to see you. He slightly tilted his head to the left.
“What are you doing here?” He asked.
“Interview. What about you? What are you doing here? Are you here for the interview too?” you asked him.
Why is he here? Is he getting a side job? Did Hajoon kick him out of the company?
All different questions ran through your mind as you waited for Soohyuk to answer you.
“Ah, interview,” Soohyuk chuckled.
“No, I’m not here for the interview."
You scratched the back of your head.
“Oh, what are you doing here then?” you asked him.
Is he stalking me? 
The thought of that scared you a bit. You held tightly onto the folder you had in your hand. 
“You’re funny!” he chuckled. 
“I’m here to visit my mom,” he replied.
Your eyes widened. You pointed at him and then at the mansion behind you.
“W-what?” You were in complete shock.
Soohyuk smiled at your reaction.
“My parents live here."
“D-do they?” You stuttered.
“Yea, they live here,” he laughed.
You stood there, dismayed.
Wait, if Soohyuk’s parents live here…that’d be great for my investigation, right?
You thought.
“Are you okay?” Soohyuk asked as he noticed you froze there.
You snapped out of your thoughts and looked back at him, who wore a concerned look.
“Ah, yes! I must get going, Soohyuk. I’ll see you around,” you told him. You bowed, then you took your leave.
 Soohyuk smiled giving you one last look before he made his way into the property.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Should I tell Haein? Maybe not. Should I get closer to Hajoon? Soohyuk?
You shook your head. None of those ideas sounded good or realistic.

You walked up the steep streets of your neighborhood, greeting each vendor and sending them a smile.
“-------,”
You looked over, and it was the ahjumma.
You smiled and waved to her, running over to her market.
You gave her a hug as you reached her.
“Hi! How are you? Do you need help?” You asked, inspecting the area around her.
She smiled at you.
“No, I don’t! How was your interview?”
“It went well. We’ll see if I get the job,” you laughed.
“Oh, -----,” she began, catching your attention.
“There was a gentleman looking for you just a while ago,” the ahjumma said.
“Huh?”
She nodded her head.
“ I told him you were out and won’t be home soon,” she said.
You looked around the area, searching for this man the ahjumma was speaking of.
“Ahjumma, did he go back already?” You asked her.
“No, he said he’ll wait for you at your house,” she said, leaving you goggle-eyed.
“Ahjumma, I’ll see you later!” You said, sprinting off to your house. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Is it the FBI? Private investigators? Shark loans?
Your heart began racing, and the nervousness tingled throughout your body as you approached the black car parked in front of your house.

You noticed that no one was inside the car.
Are they inside?
You quickly ran up the two step stairs and attempted to open your door, but it was lock just as you had left it
They're not inside?
You thought.

“Park -----shi.”
You quickly turned around to be greeted by no other than...

“Mr. Ha-Joon-shi,” you called him.
You  walked down the steps.
“Um, what are you doing here?” You asked. 
“I think I forgot something in your house the other night,” Hajoon said.
You thought a bit.
“What was it?” 
“…a pen,” he answered.
“A pen?”
“It’s a … special pen,” he answered.
“Ohhh! Let me just unlock the door first,” you awkwardly replied.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You opened the door and looked back at him.
“Please come inside,” you invited him.
“Thank…you,” he said before entering your house.
You followed him inside.
“Do you remember where you placed it?” You asked him.
Just as Hajoon was about to reply back, you were called out.

“--------!”
You turned around to see one of the neighbor's kid standing at your door.
“Ah, Hyungsik! What are you doing here?” You asked him as you approached him.
“My mom is going to have my sister."
“WHAT?!”
“My dad’s not home and we need help getting to the hospital!” Hyungsik cried.
“Don’t cry! Where is your mom?” You asked him.
"She's still at home. There was water coming out," Hyungsik explained.
You turned back and looked at Hajoon.
“Mr. Hajoon-shi!”
You ran over to him and grabbed his arm, catching him by surprised.
He looked at your hands that tightly gripped on his arm and then your puppy eyes.
“Please help us!” You begged him.
“W-what?” 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You dragged him out of the house, as Hyungsik grabbed onto his other hand, pulling him out with his small strength. Hajoon turned back to look inside your home, before looking at you and Hyungsik.
“Where are you taking me?” He asked.
You completely ignored him.
What am I doing? Why am I going with them?
He thought.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Hyungsik entered the house to see his mom sitting on the floor, back leaned against the couch as she controlled her breathing.
“------,” his mom managed to say your name.
“Omo, Mrs. Lee!” You ran quicky to her side.
“Help me please,” she begged.
You nodded your head.
“Don’t worry!”
You looked behind you and didn’t see Hajoon.
Aish, where did he go?

You thought.
“Wait here!”
You peeked your head out of the door and saw Hajoon standing there, with his hand in his pocket.
You grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. Hajoon was shocked by your action.
“Please take us to the hospital,” you asked him. 
Hajoon looked at the pregnant lady and back at you.
“Can we borrow your car?” 
“And, can you carry her?” 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
By the time Hajoon knew, he was carrying the pregnant lady inside his car, putting her in the backseat. You and Hyungsik tagged along in the back. While Hajoon drove as quickly as he could to the hospital, you and Hyungsik tried to calm Mrs. Lee. 
The nurses and doctors placed Ms. Lee on a bed, rolling her inside the hospital. Mr. Lee came in quickly after they rolled his wife way.
"Omo, -------! Where is she?" 
"Mr. Lee, they just rolled her in! Let's go together!" 
Mr. Lee looked at you and Hajoon, smiling although feeling nervous at the same time. He grabbed Hyungsik's hand as they both ran into the building. You ran inside with them, leaving Hajoon outside alone.
Hajoon became curious with your relationship with the family. 
He snapped out of his thoughts as he looked at his sleeves drenched with amniotic fluid. He sighed as he had never experienced anything like that before. He took off his blazer and walked to the bathroom to clean himself off. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
He walked out of the bathroom. At the same time, the cleaning lady rolled past him. 
"Excuse me," he said, stopping the cleaning lady. He handed her his dirty blazer.
"Please throw this out for me."
The lady bowed and took the blazer, draping it over the rim of the the trash can.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon sat in the lobby, waiting. 
Aish, what am I doing here?
He had his arms crossed. He pulled out his phone to check the time. It was past 6PM. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You, Mr. Lee, and Hyungsik stood in front of the opened-glass nursery room, waiting to see the new baby.
Within a few minutes, the midwife nurse showed you guys the baby. It was a baby girl. 
"Congratulations, Mr. Lee and Hyungsik!" You celebrated.
"Thank you, ------!" Mr. Lee thanked. 
"Thank you, Noona!" Hyungsik said. 
You smiled at Hyungsik.
Hyungsik looked around, but he saw no signs of Hajoon. Hyungsik tugged your arm, getting your attention away from the baby. 
"Yea?" 
"Where's the hyung?" he asked. 
"What?" 
You thought. 
Omo! Mr. Hajoon! 
You suddenly remembered about Hajoon. You quickly scanned the area for him. 
"Mr. Lee, I will be back!" you told him. Mr. Lee nodded his head. 
"Hyungsik-ah, let me go look for him," you told him.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
 You ran down the long corridor and to the lobby on the 3rd floor, scanning the room but saw no signs of him. 
You took the elevator down to the main lobby and saw no signs of him either.
Did he leave?
You thought. You felt bad that you never got to say anything to him, especially a "thank you." A part of you also had some guilty for not showing him the respects you knew you should have given him. 

"Is mom and baby okay?" 
You jumped, startled by the question. You looked over your shoulder.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi!" You called him, fully turning around to face him.  
"Is it a boy or girl?" He asked. 
Truth was he didn't know what to ask or how to react about the news of a baby. 
"I...I thought you... left already," you said, awkwardly and surprisedly, the fact that he never left.

Hajoon found himself in an awkward position. 
He cleared his throat. 
"Actually, I was going to leave, but my pen," he said. 
"Oh, I forgot! I'm so sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have dragged you out. You just happened to had a car," you said, scratching your head. 
"It's okay," he responded in his boss voice.

"Did...you want to go see the baby?" You asked him, which threw him off. 
"Excuse me?" 
"You should go see the baby. You helped both of them," you smiled. 
"No, it's okay," he declined the offer. 
"Come on, it'll be quick," you said, leading the way.  

Hajoon sighed and wondered what he was still doing at the hospital.
You waited for him to enter the elevator first before you got in. You fidgeted with your fingers and held your breath, looking at the red light that blinked each time it passed the next floor. 
Ding!
You released your breath and walked out. 
You led the way to the nursery room. You noticed Hyungsik and Mr. Lee wasn't standing there anymore. Hajoon trailed behind you, scanning the area. 
You walked up to the window and looked for the newborn baby girl. Hajoon stood behind you, looking at the many babies inside the room. A nurse from the inside saw you scanning the room. She walked up to the glass and smiled at you, as you can tell by her eyes. 

"Is mom and dad looking for their pumpkin?" 

You gave her a surprised look, then you quickly looked at Hajoon who was also surprised by the nurse's question. 
"N-no, we're looking for my friend's baby girl," you awkwardly laughed it off.
"Oh, I'm sorry! Is it Mr. and Mrs. Lee?" She asked. 
"Ah yes!" 
"Oh, we just moved the baby girl into Mrs. Lee's room," she told you. 
You bowed and thanked her. 
You couldn't even look at Hajoon after the nurse's question. 
You slowly looked over your shoulder to Hajoon. 
You embarrassingly smiled. 
"It's this way," you managed to even say it to him. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You guys entered the room. You smiled the moment you saw Mrs. Lee and Hyungsik. You walked over to them and held Mrs. Lee's free hand. 
"Congratulations!" You smiled at her. 
"Thank you so much!" She said. She looked at her baby girl, and then looked up at Hajoon, who was standing a few feet away from the bed. 
"Thank you to you too!" Mrs. Lee said to Hajoon, bowing her head down to him. 

Hajoon had never been in a situation like this before. What was a smile? 
Hajoon gave her his best smile. Though, "smile" never was part of his gestures.
"-------, what's your boyfriend's name?" Mrs. Lee asked, as she looked over to you.
"No, no, no Mrs. Lee! That's my boss," you quickly denied, waving your hands in front making sure you were very clear .
Mrs. Lee looked at Hajoon and then back at you. 
"Are you sure you guys aren't dating?" She asked you, giving you the side eye. 
"Oh no, he's just my boss," you explained. 
You gave Hajoon an apologetic look. 
You walked over to Hajoon to get him to come closer to the end of bed. 
"Mrs. Lee, this is our new chairman, Mr. Wi Ha Joon-shi," you introduced her to Hajoon. 
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, this is Mrs. Lee, she's one of the residents in the neighborhood."

"Hello," Hajoon greeted. 
Mrs. Lee smiled. 
"Oh, do you want to see the baby?" She asked him. 
"It's ----" 
You interrupted him by pulling his arm and walking him next to the bed. 
You gestured him to look at the baby with your eyes and a smile to make him feel comfortable. 
Mrs. Lee smiled and showed the baby girl to Hajoon. 
Hajoon looked at the baby girl. He's never seen such innocent face before. 

 

After a few seconds, he congratulated Mrs. Lee. 
"Again, thank you, Mr. Hajoon-shi! Yuri and I wouldn't be here without you. Thank you so much! Please stop by next time and let me treat you lunch as our appreciation!" Mrs. Lee said to Hajoon. 
"Oh, it's no problem," he replied. 
Mr. Lee got up from his seat. 
"Don't say that. We thank you very much! Please stop by some day for lunch," Mr. Lee said to him. 
This wasn't usual for Hajoon. All he did was nod as a response. 
Hyungsik ran over to Hajoon's side and hugged his waist. 
"Thank you Hyung for helping my mom and my little sister!" 
Hajoon was surprised by such delicate gratitude from a 6 years old boy. 
"You're welcome," Hajoon replied, as he kept his same serious face on. 

Hyungsik ran over to his father's side. 
"We'll come and visit you guys another time. I should get my boss back," you told them. 
"Yes! Sorry, we took much of your time, Mr. Hajoon-shi," Mrs. Lee apologized. 
"Don't worry," Hajoon replied. 
"Thank you again! We hope to see you soon," Mr. Lee said, extending his hand out for a handshake. 
Hajoon took the handshake and excused himself first out of the room. 
You smiled and excused yourself next.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"I'll see you back in the neighborhood," you told Hajoon as you two stood outside. 
He gave you a nod, before heading out. 

You watched him leave first, before heading to the bathroom. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

As you walked down the hallway, you greeted the cleaning lady. You looked at the trash can and realized a blazer draped over on its rim.
"Excuse me," you said, turning back. 
The cleaning lady stopped and turned to look at you. 
You walked to her and pointed at the blazer. 
"By any chance, did a tall, about 6 foot, dark hair man give you this?" You asked her. 
She looked at the blazer and nodded her head. 
"Can I take it?" You asked her. 
She looked at you a little weird before passing the blazer to you. 
You smiled and thanked her. 
You examined the blazer and realized there was nothing wrong with it. 
You looked at the sleeves and noticed it was damp. 
Oh, maybe it was dirty? 
You thought. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You the lights in the house as Hajoon followed behind. 
"Do you remember where you placed your pen?" you asked him, as you two entered the home.
"It should just be in the living room," he said. 
You nodded. 
"I'm just going to go change really quick. Please feel at ease," you said, excusing yourself to your room. 
Hajoon gave you a nod. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked out of your room in a new and more comfortable outfit. 
"Did you find it?" you asked him. 
Hajoon turned around and showed you his pen. 
"I found it," he said. 
"That's good then." 
"I'll get going now," he responded. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Just as Hajoon was about to enter his car, you stopped him. 
"Mr. Hajoon-shi," you called him, standing on the last step of the stair. 
Hajoon looked at you over his car. 
"Thank you for your help today!" you thanked him.
Hajoon gave you a nod and then he entered his car. 

You watched his car disappear before entering your home. 
You slouched on the couch and the cd player that rested on the table next to the couch.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon entered his private office, walking down its corridor before sitting behind his desk. 
He opened his laptop, then he double clicked on an app, entering a password to gain access of the confidental files it stored.
He adjusted the volume on his laptop.


♪Taeyangbicceul ttara badaro gaji anheullae? Animyeon pureun jandireul chimdaesama hamkke nuullae? Paran haneul arae cheoncheonhi neoege dagagalkke♪

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
♪Neoui soneul jabeumyeo geureohge urineun sijakhae. For summer is for falling in love♪
You closed your eyes and listened.

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

♡Much love♡

Song reference: Summer is for Falling in Love- Sarah Kang 
Romanized Lyrics: 
Summer is for Falling in Love Lyrics

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆