⬻Chapter XI: Eunwoo⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
You laid parallel to the ceiling, staring at the glow-in-the-dark stars you glued above you.
“Should I call off today?”
You asked yourself.
You rolled over to the right, reaching for your phone.
You pressed the down arrow, highlighting each contact as you passed them. You clicked on the company's name then pressed the call button on the lower left of the phone.

Ring. Ring. Ring.
You waited patiently for someone to pick up on the other side.
“Hello, this is Hyunwoo speaking, how can I help you?”
“Hello, Hyunwoo-shi. This is ------.”
“Good morning ------! Why are you calling so early?” He asked, looking at the clock on the screen, 5AM.
“I won’t be coming in today, so please let Ms. Kim know."
“I will. Please enjoy your day off,” Hyunwoo wished.
“Hyunwoo-shi,”
You thought carefully how to phrase your request.
“Yes?”
“If…anything happens at all today at work pertaining to me, please let me know,” you chuckled, hoping it would hide your curiosity.
“Um okay,” Hyunwoo replied.

You placed your phone on the nightstand right of your bed then proceeded to roll of the bed. You sat up on the floor and opened your curtain to see the outside. It was still dark, no birds chirping and no neighbors roaming around.
“I need to start investigating,” you told yourself, before closing the curtain.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You tied your hair up, wearing a black legging, pairing it with a black crewneck and a black cap, with a pair of black tennis shoes.
You clipped on a black fanny pack around your waist, carrying your phone, a piece of paper, and a pen.
“Don’t be scared. You got this!”
You encouraged yourself looking at your reflection.
You gained the confidence to go back to the junkyard. It was your mission to retrieve your belongings and take any evidence you found there.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You snuck out of your house and began walking up the road, back to the junkyard where everything began.
A few streetlights lit the way for you. You looked behind you, scoping the area, just in case anyone was following you.
You looked back in front, turning your flashlight on, brightening the area more.

You entered the junkyard. It was just as you remembered that night; the big, rusty cargo containers and broken-down cars.
The sound of the water currents smashing against each other was the only music that played in the yard. You looked around carefully. You felt the same chills as that night.
“I’ll be fine. They are not here anymore,” you tried calming yourself. You took a deep breath before proceeding further into the yard.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You tightly gripped onto the flashlight, flashing through the space between those two cargo containers you once stood behind.
You took one look behind you, making sure you were there alone. You took another deep breath, taking your first step in between the rusty containers.
As you walked further between the space, you saw the lake that laid behind the yard. You looked around and saw nothing, but the lake, broken cars, more cargo containers and a shed.
There’s got to be something in the shed.
You thought.
You proceeded to walk over to the white, metal shed. As you approached the doors, you noticed that the door was slightly opened. You peeked your head inside, scoping the inside with your flashlight.
All you saw was dirt, a chair in the center, a rope, and trash along the side.
You retreated.
“There’s nothing?” you whispered, questioning if the man really left no evidence behind. 
Your flashlight flickered.
“Aish,” you said out of frustration.
You smacked the flashlight with your hand, in hopes that it would stop the flickering. The more you hit it on the palm of your hand, the worse the flickering got.
Your flashlight went black.
You sharply sighed and dropped the flashlight to your side.
“Great!” you celebrated your failed mission.
You ped your fanny pack to place your flashlight back inside.

It was that sound again; the sound of the rocks rolling as someone walked on them. You stopped ping your fanny pack, listening to the sound carefully.
Is he here? Are they here for me?
 A part of you was filled with fear, feeling the tiny goosebumps formed along your arms. The other part wanted to stay strong and find out who the person was; the person that had caused the nightmares in your dreams.
The steps of the figure stopped.
You gained the courage to speak out.

“Stop right where you are!” you yelled out.
“If you come any closer, I will hurt you,” your voice wavered.
“Who are you?” you asked with your back still facing the figure.
The footsteps became louder to your ears.
“I warned you. Stop right where you are,” you commanded.
The steps stopped. You stuck your hand inside your bag, holding onto the flashlight.
“I have a ….weapon right here, and I don’t want to use it, BUT, I will if I have to,” you threatened.
“Tell me who you are first,” you asked again.
Your heart rate increased, sweats ran down the back, and your hands shook.
Why isn’t he saying anything? Should I run?
You thought.
You knew you did not want to die in a junkyard. With all the courage and strength inside you, you ran through the shed, not looking back once. You heard the figure run after you. You panted, pushing past the door on the other side. Looking back inside the shed, you only saw a black silhouette running closer to you.
You ran up a steep hill, as you grabbed the flashlight out of your bag, only to throw it back. Fortunately, your strike was a hit.

“Ouch!”
You heard the figure groaned in pain. You stopped, panting.
You looked behind you and noticed that it was no nightmare chasing after you.
“EUNWOO!” you exclaimed.
You hastily ran back down the steep hill, sliding down the last few steps.
“YAH! ARE YOU OKAY?” You panicked.
“WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY ANYTHING, YOU FOOL?” You asked. examining his head which his hand held on.
Eunwoo looked up at you, holding his forehead.
“Are you okay?” You asked him again.
“Did I throw it too hard?”
Eunwoo winced in pain, removing his hand.
‘OMO! EUNWOO, YOU’RE BLEEDING!” You panicked, looking for something on you to help Eunwoo stop the bleeding.
Eunwoo grabbed your wrist with his other hand.
“Calm down. I’m okay,” he said calmly, hoping that it would calm you down.
“Let me see your head,” you examined Eunwoo’s wound.
You looked at him, apologetically.
“We need to get you to the hospital," you suggested.
Eunwoo wrapped one arm around your shoulder while you wrapped your arm around his waist, pulling him up from the grass.
You both walked around the shed in silence.
“Are you okay?” You asked Eunwoo again, looking over to him.
“I’m fine,” he responded.
“Do you really have a weapon on you?” Eunwoo asked while you two continued to walk out of the junkyard.
“The flashlight,” you responded.
Eunwoo chuckled.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Eunwoo walked to a small clinic in the neighborhood.
“Eunwoo, what happened?!” Aerin asked, dropping her papers on the counter, rushing over to you and Eunwoo, who had entered the clinic.
“I---”
Eunwoo interrupted you.
“It’s nothing. A pile of books fell on me,” Eunwoo responded.
You looked at him, shocked by his answer.
Aerin looked at you and then back at Eunwoo.
“You can step out. I will treat him,” Aerin told you.
You bowed to Aerin.
“I’ll be back,” you looked at Eunwoo, feeling guilty.

“I want ------ in here with me,” Eunwoo requested, looking at Aerin; you stopped and looked back at Eunwoo.
Aerin looked back at you; her face showed a hint of anger.
“That’s fine,” she replied, before leaving to go grab the first aid kit to treat Eunwoo’s wound.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You sat on the seat across from Eunwoo.
“Are you really okay?” You asked Eunwoo again, giving him the apologetic eyes.
Eunwoo smiled.
“I’m fine,” he chuckled, hoping it would assure you.
“You’re strong,” he commented.
“Yah, you almost died because of me,” you responded to him, furrowing your brows, frowning a bit.

Within a few minutes, Aerin came back in, holding the kit in one hand. She looked at you two.
Aerin stood in between you and Eunwoo, making you look away.
As Aerin treated Eunwoo's wound, she slightly looked over her shoulder at you.
“Are you sure it was a pile of books that caused this injury?” Aerin asked Eunwoo, as she gently dabbed a swab of alcohol around Eunwoo’s wound.
Eunwoo looked down, avoiding eye contact with Aerin.
“Yes,” Eunwoo responded.
“Are you sure ------- didn’t cause this? You could file a case on this.”
She continued swabbing the area.
“She didn’t,” Eunwoo responded.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Come back later, so I can dress it again,” Aerin said to Eunwoo, putting away the supplies in the box.
Eunwoo didn’t say anything besides a quick nod.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Eunwoo stopped you, as you both exited the clinic.
“What were you doing at that junkyard?” He asked.
You had to come up with a lie. As you had promised the man that night, you wouldn’t speak one word of it.
“I was walking to the bus stop, and I thought I heard a stray dog. I was going to go rescue it,” you lied.
You knew how dumb your excuse was, but that was the only one you could think of given the pressure from Eunwoo.
“You’re allergic to dogs.”
You gave Eunwoo a face of realization.
“Yea, I am, but I couldn’t leave it in the junkyard,” you responded.
That was close.
You thought, taking a sigh of relief mentally.
“You know, you’ve been acting really weird lately,” Eunwoo said, raising one of his brows.
You were shocked by his comment.
“What? How?”
“Earlier, you seemed terrified, as if you’ve been through something like that before,” Eunwoo inspected.
“What are you talking about? Yah! I was in that junkyard alone, of course who wouldn’t be scared,” you stated the obvious.
Eunwoo thought for a while, before nodding along to your response.
“And, you’ve been coming home late. Is the new chairman not treating you guys well?” Eunwoo asked.
“No, it’s not that at all. I’ve been picking up overtime shifts, that’s all,” you partially lied.
Eunwoo wasn’t convinced at all, his lips pressed together and his eyes slightly squinted, giving you that look of “are you sure?”
“Yes, Eunwoo. Don’t worry about me. I’ll always be careful,” you smiled hoping it would reassure him.
“I’ll wait for you by bus stop every day then,” Eunwoo said, as he walked away.
You stood there a little confused.
Once you realized what Eunwoo had said, you ran after him.
You grabbed onto his arm, making him stop. He looked over his shoulder, giving you a smile.
You caught your breath, one hand placed on your knee.
You looked at him.
“You don’t have to,” you declined his offer, as you took your time to breath.
“I wasn’t asking for your permission,” Eunwoo replied, as he continued to walk away.
“Aish, yah! Eunwoo, why are you so stubborn?!”
You placed both of your hands your waist, looking at him.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon walked out of the elevator, headed to the front desk with some documents in his hand.
Haein stood up from the back.
“Good morning, Mr. Hajoon-shi,” Haein greeted him, bowing as he stood behind the desk.
Hajoon looked around, as Haein noticed.
“How can I help you?” Haein asked, deep inside she was nervous as heck. Her legs were shaking behind the desk, as she gripped onto a pen she was holding.
“Have these files faxed by tomorrow,” Hajoon commanded, sliding the document across the desk to Haein.
“Yes, I will do that, Mr. Hajoon-shi,” Haein responded, nervously keeping her composure, “is there anything else?”
“Have ------- come to my office,” Hajoon ordered.
Just as Hajoon was about to leave, Haein had to tell him.
“Mr. Hajoon-shi, --------- took the day off. I’m afraid she won’t be here until tomorrow,” Haein informed, as she slightly had her head down.
Hajoon wondered.
Hajoon entered the elevator. 
He placed his phone over his ear.


“Track -------.”

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆