⬻Chapter XXV: Information⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
".....my boyfriend." 

Eunwoo's eyes widened in confusion, looking down at you, while you maintained eye contact with Soohyuk.
Soohyuk's expression changed. He felt a wave of confusion, shock, and sadness from the sudden news you presented.
You held onto Eunwoo's arm close to you.
Eunwoo looked at Soohyuk to see him puzzled with the situation.
"O-oh, boyfriend?" Soohyuk questioned, glancing at Eunwoo. 
"Yes," you replied, keeping it short. 
Soohyuk didn't know what to question next or what to feel.
There was a small moment of silence as Soohyuk and Eunwoo processed the unexpected news.
"Well, I'll let you two go. Have a good night," Soohyuk said, giving you a small smile.
"Thank you, Soohyuk-ssi. You too," you responded, returning him a smile.
Soohyuk slowly turned around, walked to his car, started his engine, and then he drove off. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You let out a loud sigh of relief, letting Eunwoo's arm go. 
"W-what was that?" Eunwoo asked. 
He was still processing what you had said about him being your boyfriend. 
You looked up at him and gave him an apologetic look. 
"I'm sorry, Eunwoo!"
Eunwoo remained quiet. 
"I'm really sorry, Eunwoo! Please don't get mad at me, okay?" You grabbed his arm, getting his attention. 
Eunwoo looked at you. 
"No...No, I'm not mad at you," he replied, as his brain was still not "braining." 
"The situation is kind of hard to explain. In short, I-I shouldn't be around him," you explained, sadly. 
You let out another sigh. 
"I'm really sorry, Eunwoo! I must have put you in a hard situation. I just needed help and you came. It was the only idea I could think of that would make him stay away from me," you reasoned.
"Is he bothering you?" Eunwoo asked with concern. 
"No, he's not. It's just some unfortunate things, you know?" 
Eunwoo remained quiet, not knowing what to ask or say next. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You looked around and noticed that Eunwoo was in the area by himself.
"What are you doing here?" You asked him. 
"I totally forgot to tell you that Haein and we were supposed to hang out tonight," Eunwoo said. 
"Oh, Haein told me about that earlier. Well, I am home early, so where's the party at?" You asked, smiling, ready to celebrate with food and drinks.
"Over there," Eunwoo said, pointing at the direction of the restaurant.
"Let's go before they wait for us too long!" You told Eunwoo. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"-------!!!" 
You heard Haein called out your name. 
You smiled and ran over to her, giving her a back hug. You could smell the reeking scent of alcohol on Haein. 
"Yah! How much did you drink?" You asked her as you pulled away from the hug. 
Haein held up one finger. 
"You liar!" You laughed, sitting next to Eunwoo, across from Haein and Jeongmin. 
"I thought you wouldn't make it," Haein said. 
"Well I did, " you smiled. 
"Hi Jeongmin!" You waved at him, as he gave you a smile in return. 
Haein poured another shot of soju for herself. 
"Yah!" 
You tried to take the shot away from Haein, but she was too quick for you. 
You took the cup away from Haein after she took the shot. 
"That's enough for you," you told her. 
"Yes, Mom!" She chuckled, putting her head down afterwards. 
You looked at Eunwoo and Jeongmin. 
"I can't believe you guys would let her drink this much," you said, shaking your head in disappointment. 
"She'll suffer the consequences," Jeongmin joked, laughing at his own remarks.
"I'll take her home, so we'll both leave first," Jeongmin said. 
You and Eunwoo nodded both of your heads in agreement. 
"Please get her home safely!" You told Jeongmin. 
"Don't worry," he smiled. 
"You guys enjoy the rest of the night. Eunwoo, take another shot for me," Jeongmin smiled before he gently carried Haein away. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Eunwoo looked over at you. 
"So, it's just you and me now," Eunwoo commented. 
"Yes!" You chuckled. 
"Thank you, Ahjumma!" You thanked the lady who brought you two more food. 
You took a bite of the tteok-bokki. 
Eunwoo looked at you as you ate quietly. 
You slowly looked over to him. 
"Is there something on my face?" You asked him, reaching for a napkin. 
"No, there's nothing," Eunwoo replied. 
To be quite honest, he wasn't quite over the situation from earlier.
"Am I that pretty that you have to keep staring at me?" You joked, taking another bite of the tteok-bokki. 
"....h-huh?" Eunwoo was taken back from your unexpected question, looking away from you.
"It's okay. I know you're shy to admit that you have a friend as beautiful as me," you joked, looking over at him, letting out a playful laugh.

"How's work?" Eunwoo asked, hoping that the question would break him out of the awkward situation.
"It's okay. What about you? I've noticed that you've been quite busy with your own life."
Eunwoo thought for a while. 
Yes, it was true that he had been busy doing other things in his life. 
"It's...okay. I...thought you wouldn't noticed," Eunwoo hesitated saying. 
"Of course, I noticed. You don't walk me to the bus stop anymore in the morning."
"What are you up to these days?" You asked him, pouring you two a shot of soju. 
You slid his shot to him then waited for him to answer your question.
"I've been doing some research, but that's pretty much all," he replied. 
You gave him a confused look. 
"Research?" You furrowed your brows in confusion. 
"What are you researching on?" You asked. 
"Just basic research, you know? About the area here," Eunwoo replied. 
You thought about his answer and nodded. 
"Oh, that's interesting! Anything I should know about?" you asked. 
"No. If I find anything worth knowing, I'll let you know," Eunwoo smiled, though he was thinking of other things. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Eunwoo walked down the quiet streets of the neighborhood. 
Eunwoo's mind was still wrapped on that word you said earlier.
Before you two knew it, you guys were standing at the front of your house. 
You turned around and faced Eunwoo. 
"Thank you for walking me home, Eunwoo. I really don't know what I would do without you," you smiled. 
"No problem," Eunwoo replied. 
"I'm really sorry about earlier, again," you apologized. 
You truly did feel bad about it. 
"I promise I'll make it up to you,"you told him.
"I'm not going to lie, but the news did surprised me," Eunwoo said. 
"Yea, I should have told you in a better way, but I was selfish and desperate during that moment," you said, apologetically. 
"No, I understand. I would have done the same thing, but don't worry about it," Eunwoo smiled. 
"Ice cream, next week, on me!" You promised. 
"Deal!" Eunwoo chuckled. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Though it has been only a few days, it had felt forever since Hajoon disappeared again. 
You and Haein sat across from each other, as you munched on your lunch, sitting outside at the picnic table.
"You okay?" Haein asked, setting her water bottle down on the table.
You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at her, putting down your chopsticks. 
"Yea, why?" you asked her. 
"I don't know. You look off today."
"Do I?" 
Haein nodded her head. 
"Is something bothering you? You can tell me about it," Haein said, hoping she could support you.
"It's nothing. It's just childish stuff," you laughed. 
"If you need anything, let me know," Haein smiled. 
You nodded to her help.

You looked past Haein's shoulder and saw him, the guy you were just thinking about. It looked like he was on a call or something. 
Oh my god! He's here! Why didn't I notice him today?
You excitedly thought. 
It was equivalent to a child celebrating their new toy.

Th-Thump.Th-Thump.Th-Thump. 
It's happening again. 
You thought. 

You felt your pulse under the table and listened carefully. 
"What's wrong?" Haein asked, as she noticed you were acting a little weird. 
You quickly removed your two fingers away from your wrist, looking up at Haein. 
"I'm good," you replied, looking past her shoulders again. 
Haein followed your eyes, looking over her shoulders. 
She smiled and looked at you. 
"Do you like the chairman?" She asked, teasing you as a friend would. 
You diverted your attention at her.
"No! Why would you say something so crazy like that?" your eyes widened by her teasing question.
"I'll take it as a yes because that's exactly how a person would react if they liked someone!" Haein teased, giving you a playful smile.
You glanced behind her and saw Hajoon walking back.
"Haein, I'm finished," you said, as you scrambled to put all your food back into your lunch bag, "I'll see you inside." 
You weren't ready to see him, even though you longed to see him.
You quickly got up and walked away from the table before Haein could say anything to you. 
You sped-walk up the path up leading back to the building. 

What's going on with me? This isn't normal. 
You thought as you quickly walked up the stairs. 

"-------." 
You stopped and looked up to see Soohyuk standing in front of you. 
"Soohyuk." 
"Are you on lunch break?" Soohyuk asked. 
"Ah, yes," you replied. 
Your mind was still wrapped on Hajoon.
"Did you have a few minutes to spare? I just wanted to talk," Soohyuk asked.
"Actually, I had to go do something for...." 
You were going to lie.

"For me."
You slowly looked over you shoulder to see Hajoon standing a step below yours.
Nothing came out from your mouth. The only thing that you heard was the sound of your heart beat.
You gripped onto your lunch bag and turned back to face Soohyuk.
"Oh, I see," Soohyuk replied to Hajoon. 
Soohyuk looked back at you, while you were zoned out in your own thoughts.
"I'll see you later then," Soohyuk smiled before taking his leave, hiding the fact that he felt very bummed out.
He left you with Hajoon, walking back into the building. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You slowly turned back to face Hajoon.  
You bowed. 
"Thank you, Mr. Hajoon-shi," you awkwardly smiled to him, gripping the handle of the bag as tightly as you could. 
"That's how many times I've helped you?" Hajoon questioned.
"Technically, I didn't ask for help, so..." you replied, smartly. 
Hajoon was left speechless by your smart answer.
You chuckled to lighten the mood. Truthfully, you were really glad Hajoon stepped in. The more you lied to Soohyuk, the guiltier you felt. 
"I'm just kidding, Mr. Hajoon-shi," you chuckled, "thank you very much!"
"Anyway, you're in my way," Hajoon said, sighing. 
You looked where you stood. 
"My apologies," you apologized, moving over to the side. 
Hajoon gave you one last look before walking past you. 

"Mr. Hajoon-shi."
Hajoon stopped and turned around to face you.
"Where have you been?" you asked him, still gripping onto your lunch bag. You couldn't even look at him.
Hajoon gave you a confused look, and you caught onto that. 
"I mean, I had something to tell you, but you haven't been here at the company, so I was..." 
What is it? What's the word? 
You thought.
Hajoon stood there, waiting for you to finish your statement. 
You looked at him. 
"...worried," you finished. 
"Why?" He asked. 
Hajoon had never had this kind of emotion expressed to him before. He felt puzzled at the moment.
"Well, did you forget we're...partners now?" you awkwardly chuckled, hoping he wouldn't see how nervous you were. 
"I'm fine," he replied. 
"Will you be available later? After work?" you asked him. 
"I need to tell you something. Cafe at 5PM/17:00 by the river?" You suggested. 
Hajoon gave you a slight nod before heading back into the company. 
You looked at his tall figure disappear into the distance. 
Thump. Thump. Thump. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"YAH!" 
You snapped out of your thoughts, turning back to face Haein, who was holding onto your shoulder. 
"Omo, Haein. You scared me."
"What was that?" She asked. 
"What was what?" You asked, playing dumb. 
"Yah! I heard you!" She said, slapping your arm. 
You rubbed the part she slapped you. 
"It's nothing," you smiled, not knowing that you were smiling. 
"Yah! Are you guys...a thing?!" Haein exclaimed, resulting you to quickly deny that option. 
"NO, NO, NO!" you said, waving your hands. 
Haein raised one of her brows. 
"Oh really?" She said, crossing her arms, not buying into your story. 
"No! Yah, Mr. Hajoon-shi is our boss," you explained.
"So? Don't you see those Korean dramas where the main guy is a CEO and he falls in love with the girl who works for him?" Haein asked. 
"That's a drama. This is real life, Haein," you reasoned.
"I will tell you when I'm ready," you told her. 
"You've been saying that a lot lately. Is something going on?" Haein asked curiously. 
You thought for a while, then you shook your head. 
"No, nothing important. I just want to make sure I have everything first before I tell you. You wouldn't want cliffhangers, right?" You smiled, then walked ahead first leaving Haein clueless.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Your legs shook as you sat in the cafe waiting for him. 
Oh my god, what's going on? 
You thought, as you couldn't figure out what was going on with your body lately. 
You fidgeted with your fingers, hoping it would ease the tenseness down.
You looked up when you saw the chair across of you being pulled away.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, you're here," you greeted. 
"You had something to tell me?" Hajoon asked. 
"One second," you said, holding your finger up. 
You quickly walked to the counter and picked up a drink. 
You walked back and placed the drink in front of him. 

Hajoon looked up at you. 
"...thank you," he said. It would the first time he said that in a long time. 
"You're welcome! An iced Americano, right?" you said, recalling the first time you took Hajoon to a cafe shop and running out after. 
"So, what's the thing you had to tell me?" Hajoon asked again. 
"About that. It happened a while ago. I wanted to tell you sooner, but you disappeared," you began. 
Hajoon looked at the drink before taking a sip of it. 
"Anyway, the other day when I was cleaning for the Lee's residence, Mrs. Lee dismissed all of the employees earlier than usual." 
Hajoon furrowed his brows in confusion, waiting for more information from you. 
"I sneaked to the front, and all of the family members were there, except you, your father, and former chairman," you told Hajoon. 
"Do you know what they were there for?" Hajoon asked.
"About that, they closed to premises as soon as all the employees left, so I don't know what happened," you upsettingly replied. 

"Soohyuk's mom," Hajoon began, as he thought what she could have planned.
"What about her?" you asked. 
"Have she given you any reason to be suspicious?" 
You thought for a while. 
"Besides the conversation I told you about from what I heard from Mrs. Lee, that's all," you said. 
Hajoon sat there, thinking of what the meeting could have been about to have all the family members show up. 

"Mr. Hajoon-shi," you called him. 
Hajoon looked up at you. 
"Do you know anyone who could perhaps help us with this?" You asked him. 
"No, why?" 
"I'm starting to catch on with their security system. If we can get someone to help disable them or something, I can probably try to put a camera in the kitchen or in Mrs. Lee's study room," you suggested. 

Hajoon was taken back with your suggestion. 
Never in a million years would he think you'd suggest something like that. 
Who are you, really, Park ------? 
Hajoon curiously questioned. 
You noticed that Hajoon stared at you longer than he usually does. 
You felt butterflies this time. 
"U-um, that's just a dumb idea," you awkwardly laughed, in hopes he would stop staring at you. 
"No, that idea is great." 
Your eyes slightly widened from the unforeseen response. 
"What?" you questioned. 
"I like your idea. It's just that I don't have the resource to find those help," Hajoon lied. 
"It's okay. Maybe we can figure out something else," you replied, "for the time being, I'll continue to keep watch at the residence."
"Have you told anyone else about this?"
"Actually, I met Soohyuk that night. He wasn't at the meeting."
"Was Hyojoo there?" 
You thought for a second. 
"No, she wasn't," you shook your head. 
"For now, don't tell anyone about this," Hajoon suggested. 
"Don't worry, we're partners, remember? It stays between us," you smiled.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"I'll see you tomorrow?" you said, as you two stood outside of the coffee shop. 
"I'll see," he replied. 
"What? Are you leaving again?" you asked him.
"I'm...." Hajoon didn't know what to say to you. He's never had someone question his whereabouts. 
"I mean, I understand that you're busy, so be careful. I need my partner alive," you joked, smiling at him. 
Hajoon gave you a nod. 
"See you, Mr. Hajoon-shi!" You waved to him before leaving. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Hajoon sat in his car, looking at you who was waiting at the bus stop.
Can I really rely on you? 
Hajoon thought. 
His phone rang, making him break away from you. 
"Hello." 
"Boss, we found something suspicious." 
Hajoon listened.
"A third party has informed us that someone is also looking into Park ------." 
Hajoon shifted his eyes to you again. You sat on the bench, fidgeting with your fingers. 
"Did the third party say who?"

 

 



"Cha Eun Woo."

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

[Notes]: The Worst of Evil is now streaming on Disney Plus.♡ Spoilers: He's smoking hot!

(10.03) Shoutout to a new subscriber @JJ1006 & lovely commenter @DolphinWorld & my @silent readers!

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆