⬻Chapter XVII: Elevator⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
You stood outside, looking at the Lee's residence. 
You took a deep breath and took the first step into the property. 
"Hello!" you bowed at the head housekeeper. She scanned you up and down and ordered you to follow her into the mansion. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You entered the kitchen with the head housekeeper. You saw another girl standing in the kitchen.
"Stop right there," she said, turning around to face you. 
You stood a few feet away from her and next to the other girl. 
"Tuck your hair behind your ears. I have to see your ears at all times," she said. 
You quickly tucked them, standing a little taller this time with your arms to the side.
"My name is Ms.Yoo and only address me as that. Make sure you are on time for every shift. All shifts start at 6:00PM until midnight," Ms. Yoo said, pacing back and forth, looking at you and the other girl. 
"Today, you two will be prepping for dinner. All dinners are to be served at 8PM sharp, hot tea at 9:30PM for Mr. Lee and ice water for Mrs. Lee. All lights go off at 10:30PM sharp except for the kitchen lights. You are to leave through the back door by midnight. For any reasons, you stay past midnight, the alarm will go off and you will be escorted off from the property by the security team and your position will be revoked on the spot," Ms. Yoo said with a serious look. You couldn't even look at her face as she explained the rules. 
"There are three other housekeepers in this residence. As you have seen through your interview, this role is not one to play around with. If you are caught anywhere you aren't supposed to, you will be looking at very serious consequences," she warned. 
Aish, what am I doing here?
You thought. You were confused as to such simple, but such strict rules to follow. 
"Ms. Park?" 
You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at Ms. Yoo. 
"Yes?" 
"I said to go peel the garlic," Ms. Yoo said. No smiles, nothing. Just a serious look. 
You bowed and walked behind the counter where a bag of garlic sat. 
The other girl worked on green onions, while the other housekeeper worked on the "real" dinner. 
As you peeled the garlic, you scanned around the room only to notice security cameras at every corner of the kitchen. 
Noted. 
You thought. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Before you knew it, it was already time to leave the premises before the clock twelve.
You realized you didn't see Soohyuk nor his parents at all, though you shook it off. 
"From now on, you will enter and leave from this door instead of the front. The front entrance is strictly for members of the family," Ms. Yoo said, as you and the other fellow housekeepers followed Ms. Yoo. 
"See you guys tomorrow night," Ms Yoo said, before closing the door. You smiled at the other housekeepers and soon you all departed your own way. 
You swung your tote bag on your shoulder as you walked up the quiet street. 
Your thoughts were blanked. The more you thought about Hajoon, the more confused you got. 
Who taught him to take a knife out like that? 
You questioned. You were still thinking about what had happened that week. 
You sighed. 
I should be doing better things than this. I could just forget about him.
You told yourself. Thinking about Hajoon and his family did you no good. You began wondering why you became so interested in him. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Eunwoo!" You called him as you entered your neighborhood. He was waiting for you, pacing back and forth, worriedly. Eunwoo looked up when he heard you call his name. 
You quickly jogged up to him. 
"Were you waiting for me?" You asked him, giving him a curious look.

“Why are you home so late? Is he keeping you late again?” Eunwoo asked out of frustration.
“No, I’m sorry, I haven’t told you yet. I got another job,” you told him, smiling at him, hoping he’d celebrate it with you.
“Another job?” Eunwoo asked, confused, “what do you mean?”
“Yea, I got another job. Haein introduced me to it”
“What do you do there? Is Haein with you too?”
“No, it’s a housekeeping position on a private property,” you told him. You definitely didn’t want to tell him that it was connected to Hajoon.
“Private property? That’s doesn’t sound safe to me at all, ------. Resign as soon as possible,” Eunwoo ordered.
“Wait, it’s not bad. Don’t worry, it’s in a very safe spot and there’s a lot of security around the premises."
“Really?” He raised one brow.
You nodded along to his question.
Eunwoo thought for a while.
“But you can’t be coming home late like this. Do you have any idea to how dangerous it gets at night?” Eunwoo asked.
You put your head down, avoiding the question, fidgeting with your fingers.
Eunwoo sighed as he saw how you reacted to it. He knew he had no rights to keep you away from a job.
“Let me walk you home."
He always had a soft spot for you.
You looked up and smiled at him.
“Thank you, Eunwoo!”

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Eunwoo walked silently, though he would steal small glances at you.
You caught him with the last one he stole.
“Did you want to say something?” you asked him.
“Remember that night?” He asked.
The moment he said that you thought of nothing besides Hajoon taking that knife out of the man’s hand.
You looked away from Eunwoo and continued walking.
“Ah, y-yes. Why?” you stuttered.
“I’m really sorry about that. If I had come earlier, none of it would have happened,” Eunwoo blamed himself. You were puzzled that he blamed himself for something he couldn't control.
“Are you crazy?”
“What?”
“It’s not your fault. Why are you blaming yourself?” You asked him, a little mad that he wanted to take the blame.
“I don’t want to make it seem like an excuse, but I really wanted to get back to you as soon as possible. Aerin just held me back,” he explained.
You stopped and grabbed his arm to get his attention.
Eunwoo looked at you. He had an upsetting look.
“It’s okay, really. I understand. Aerin was hurt, so I think she just needed that support from you,” you told him, wishing it’d make him better.
“No, the doctor said she was fine. Nothing was wrong with her,” Eunwoo revealed.
“Huh?” You were confused.
“Yea, that’s why I wanted to get to you as soon as possible. When I got to the river front, you weren’t there and so I panicked and looked for you,” he told you.
“I’m sorry. I went to go look for you. You and Aerin were out for a while, so I thought something serious happened,” you told him.
“She wanted me to go to the café with her and her friend and she just kept dragging me, that’s why it took me a while to get to you,” he explained.
Eunwoo sighed.
“Let’s get you home. It’s approaching 1,” he chuckled.
Just before he took a step ahead, you stopped him.
“Eunwoo-ah,” you called him.
Eunwoo turned to look at you.
“Yea?”
You weren’t sure if your words would upset Eunwoo, but you thought maybe he should know about it.
You put on a smile and looked at him.
“You know, I’ve been observing Aerin for a while now,” you began.
Eunwoo gave you a confused look.
“What are you trying to say?” he asked.
“I…think she likes you,” you spilled out. Eunwoo furrowed his brows in confusion.
“W-what?”
“It’s not a bad thing, Eunwoo. Maybe you just need to spend more time with her,” you told him, walking right in front of him.
He didn’t say anything.
“I didn’t say it for no reason. Do you not see how she looks at you?” 
Eunwoo was still speechless.
“I’m not saying that you have to be with her. I think you guys can become friends, that’s all. You never know, right?” You smiled at him.
“If she likes me, then I shouldn’t hang out with her. I don’t want her to get the wrong impression,” Eunwoo said. It came out a little rough, but you understood what he meant. You hugged his arm and looked at him, smiling like a little kid.
“Why? Do you have someone else in your heart?” You .
Eunwoo looked at you with a surprised face. His eyes widened as he was in shocked by your question.
“You do, right?” you even more, raising one brow.
“And... if I do?” He questioned.
“You do? Who is it?” You asked him, backing away from him.
“I’m not telling you, or you’ll tell her,” Eunwoo said, avoiding eye contact with you.
“Yah! Tell me!” You begged him, tugging his arm.
Eunwoo laughed as you began begging like a kid.
“Are you going to tell me?” You asked him, as you stopped tugging him.
“No, never,” he smiled.
“Fine! You walk yourself home then,” you told him, before walking ahead.

“YOU!” He yelled out.
You stopped for a second, then you looked over your shoulder to see Eunwoo standing in the same position as before.
“Ha-ha, Eunwoo! Very funny joke!” you sarcastically laughed.
Eunwoo caught up to you.
“It was a funny joke, right?” Eunwoo chuckled.
“Yea, very funny!” You sarcastically replied.
“And, you told me I wasn’t funny,” Eunwoo said.
You furrowed your brows.
“Okay, let’s get you home for real this time,” Eunwoo smiled.
Your smile lit up again as you two continued walking to your house.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Haein sat across from each other, eating lunch. It was that same bench you both sat on before.
“So, how was your first day as a housekeeper?” Haein asked, as she took a bite of her rice.
You thought back.
“It was easy. Aren’t first days always easy?” You chuckled, sipping on your drink.
“Right!,” Haein agreed, “is it a wealthy family you’re housekeeping for?”
You didn’t want to reveal too much of it for Haein, as you knew she would interrogate you every day to get as much details as she could.
“Yea, it’s a wealthy family,” you kept your answer short.
“That’s good then! I hope they pay you good,” she smiled.
“Yea, the pay is good,” you agreed.
“Haein, do you know when they’ll start inviting the employees to the chairman’s father’s welcome party?” You asked her.
“Oh my god, I forgot to tell you that,” she said, removing her spoon out of .
“This morning, I overheard Ms. Kim, saying that they’ll be passing the invites out tonight,” Haein excitedly said. Your eyes widened.
“Really?”
She nodded to your question.
“Do you know how many employees?” You asked her.
“Hmm, I think she said twenty,” Haein said, while a little unsure.
“Twenty only?” You questioned. You started wondering about the chances you had.
“Do you think we’ll both be invited?” You asked her.
Haein shrugged.
“I hope so,” she said.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
As your shift came to an end, you were somewhat waiting for that invitation from Ms. Kim. You slowly cleaned the computers and dusted the countertops. You tucked the papers, folders, and binders away neatly in the printing room.
You sighed.
Am I not invited?
You wondered.
Aish, I told myself to not get involed.
You thought.
You accepted the fact that you weren’t ever going to be invited.
You walked out of the printing room to see Haein running towards you.
Omo! Did I get invited?
You thought.
Haein squealed, smiling from ear to ear.
She flashed the golden envelope.
“YAH! MS. KIM GAVE ME AN INVITATION!” Haein smiled, jumping up and down.
“She did?” You asked.
She handed you the envelope. On the front of the envelope, it had her name written on it.
You handed the invite back to her.
“Do you think I was invited?” you asked her.
“I’m not sure. I saw Ms. Kim holding a few in her hands,” Haein said
“Oh really?” you were lowkey upset about it, but you didn’t know why. The only reason you wanted to go was to do more research on his family.
“I’m sure you’re invited too. I think Ms. Kim will get to you,” Haein tried to cheer you up.
You looked at Haein and smiled.
“N-no, I’m not upset. I-I don’t even want to go,” you chuckled.
“Don’t worry. Who knows? Maybe, Mr. Lee Soo Hyuk will personally invite you,” she winked at you.
“I’ll see you later then. Have a good night, -----,” Haein smiled before taking her leave.
“Thanks! You too!” You replied.
You sighed and closed the printing room, locking it up before you took your leave.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
As the week of the party began approaching, the invitation you were waiting was not coming to you.
You stood behind the counter, as you made your mind up.
I already came this far. 
You were going to make a plan to get into the party.
You began drafting your plan.
You were going to make it happen, since it would be the only way you were going to get into the party.

Damn it, am I really going to do this?
You thought, as you stopped scribbling on the notepad.
You closed your eyes and took a deep breath.
You crumbled the note and threw it away in the bin behind you.
You turned back to see Ms. Kim on the other side of the counter.
You bowed to her.
“Can I help you, Ms. Kim?” You asked her.
“Would you be available on the 8th?” she asked.

The 8th? That’s the party.
You thought.

“Yes, what can I help you with?,” you asked. You didn't want to celebrate too soon. Who knows what Ms. Kim wanted from you?
“We need another person to help serve drinks at the welcoming party for the chairman’s father. Would you be able to take that person’s shift?” Ms. Kim asked.
You held in your excitement.
“Yes, of course,” you replied in your calmest voice.
“Okay, make sure you pick up the uniform before you leave tonight. Go to the fourth floor and someone will help you,” Ms. Kim said.
You bowed and thanked her before she left.
You closed your eyes and took a breath, trying to calm yourself down. Too bad, Haein wasn’t there to help you celebrate your “invitation” to the party.  

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You entered the elevator and began making your way up to the fourth floor. The elevator made a stop on the second floor. You stepped aside and stared at the bottom of the door.
You saw a pair of black dress shoes walk in. You slowly scanned up the person, only to realize it was Hajoon, who had entered the elevator.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon walked down the long corridor before standing in front of the elevator. He pressed on the "up" button then waited for the elevator to arrive. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"I...I was supposed to get the girl. I really don't know you," the man said. 
Hajoon thought for a while before he proceeded his next question. 
"What does she have that you need?"
The man looked at Hajoon. 
"I know you won't believe it me, but I also don't know," the man responded. 
"You don't know?" 
Hajoon was confused. 
The man shook his head. 
"Who ordered you?"
"I don't know anything. All I was hired to do was to get the girl," the man replied. 
This time Hajoon found it hard to believe. 
"So you have nothing about your target and this person's goal?" 
"Please let me go. I'll pretend this never happened," the man begged. 
Hajoon ignored his request as he took his leave.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Ding!
Hajoon snapped out of his thoughts. Hajoon looked at you before entering the elevator. He stood in the middle of the elevator, while you had your head down, standing quietly at the front left corner.
You quickly bowed and moved aside for Hajoon to enter. You swallowed your saliva, staying quiet almost holding your breath.
"What floor, Mr. Hajoon-shi?" You asked him, as you were in front of the panel. 
"Fifth," he replied. 
You pressed on the fifth floor and prayed that you'd get off soon.

Hurry up. Please get to the fourth floor. 
You prayed, closing your eyes.
Just as you two were approaching the fourth floor, the elevator shook, making you lose balance, taking a few wobbling steps back. 
The lights turned off for a quick second.

You opened your eyes the moment you sensed the light. To your surprise, Hajoon had held onto both sides of your arm to keep you steady on your feet. 
Your heart began racing, as you heard the palpitations through your ear. You froze for a few seconds, before Hajoon snapped you out of it.
“Are you okay?”
You slowly looked over your shoulder to see him looking right back at you. 
Damn, it was those eyes. 
You blinked a few times, still in shocked.

He looked at the emergency panel, before removing his hands away from you. 
He clicked on the red button, indicating an emergency.
“Hello?” He called.
No answer.
“Hello, there’s two people stuck on the elevator,” Hajoon called.
“Yes sir, we are sending help right now!” The man on the other line responded.
“Please hurry,” Hajoon said, before turning back to look at you.
You stood there, staring at him as you wondered what had just happened.
"Park -----shi, are you okay?" Hajoon asked again. 
You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at him, shaking your head. 
Hajoon sighed, knowing that you two would be in there for a while. Hajoon looked at his watch, realizing that it would be getting dark soon.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, thank you," you managed to say after making an embarrassment out of yourself. 
Hajoon didn't anything besides giving you a quick look.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You both stayed quiet in there, waiting patiently for help.
You stood on one side of the elevator, while Hajoon stood on the side with his arms crossed, eyes closed. 
Maybe I can get something out from him right now?
You suddenly thought.
No, no, no, what am I thinking?
“Mr. Hajoon-shi,” you called his name.
Hajoon opened his eyes and looked up at you, as he waited for your next comment.
“Are…you okay?” You began. You wanted to warm him up before you began your interrogation.
Hajoon just looked at you with that same cold stare.
“No, you just look a little tired, so I just wanted to make sure,” you partially lied.
His expression remained the same.
Aish, say something!
You thought.
“Park ----- shi, what other jobs have you had?” Hajoon asked, surprising you a bit.
“Huh?” You furrowed your brows in confusion.
You suddenly processed the question.
“I’ve worked at many places,” you answered him.
“Where?” Hajoon asked.
Why does he want to know?
 You found it a little suspicious, but after all he was your boss. 
Does he think I lied on my resume?
“I’ve worked retailed, babysat, watched pets, gardener, a lot of things before this job."
As Hajoon stood across from you, nothing you mentioned sounded risky or suspicious. He began to wonder why that strange man wanted you.
“That’s all?” He questioned.
You thought more.
"There's a lot. A barista. Um, that's all I can think of right now. Why do you ask?"
“Nothing,” Hajoon responded.
But, who sent him?
He thought.
You analyzed his expression; he looked confused and focused.
“What about you, Mr. Hajoon-shi?” You asked. You were glad you took the chance.
Hajoon looked up at you.
His confused look turned into an unexpected expression.
“What have you done before taking this position as our chairman?” You asked him.
Yes! This is my chance!
You celebrated.
Hajoon stayed quiet.


 


"Did you work for the...mafia?"

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡



(08.01) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @
DolphinWorld
♡Much love♡


This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆