⬻Chapter XIX: Dance⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
"Make sure every entrance is secured. Every guest needs to go through metal detectors. You guys have the whole premises covered, right?" Hajoon asked one of his men as they both walked towards the front entrance. 
"Yes, Boss. I have extra men covering the back and the other levels of the building," the man replied. 
Hajoon gave him a nod. 
"Stay safe," Hajoon said before leaving the man behind. 
The man stood behind, bowing down. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon fixed his watch as he approached the carpet. He lifted his head and saw you and Soohyuk standing only a few feet away from him. 
Hajoon noticed that you both acknowledged his presence.
"Hajoon," Soohyuk greeted.
He looked at Soohyuk, giving his expressionless look. 
Then, Hajoon's eyes traveled to you. 
He noticed that you wore a black bodycon dress, the ones that the staff wore. 
He looked away and continued his way inside. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
I don't remember her on the staff list. 
Hajoon thought.
Why is she with Soohyuk? 

"Ms. Kim," Hajoon called, the moment he saw her walk across the room. 
She walked over to Hajoon and bowed. 
"Mr. Chairman, what can I help you with?" Ms. Kim asked politely. 
"Park -------. Why is she here?" Hajoon asked. 
"About that, " Ms. Kim nervously chuckled. She was scared, since it was against protocol. 
As protocol stated, "All staffs must be approved by the chairman, Mr. Wi Ha Joon before employment and entrance to the premises of the event."
"We had a slight problem since the girl we hired couldn't come. I've asked ------ to replace her for tonight. I hope it didn't cause any trouble. I'm sorry, Mr. Chairman," Ms. Kim apologized with her head down. 
"It's fine," Hajoon replied before taking his leave. 
Hajoon still felt that your presence was a little suspicious. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Wonwoo," Hajoon called.
The man quickly ran over to Hajoon. 
He bowed and lifted his head up. 
"Yes, Boss." 
"Keep an eye on Park ------. If she does anything suspicious, report it to me right away," Hajoon ordered. 
"Yes, Boss." 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
As Hajoon ended his speech on the stage, his eyes caught you standing in the back behind all people.
Is she really here to work? 
Hajoon thought as his father took the stage. 

As the guests took their seat for dinner, Hajoon stood in the front, scanning the room. He kept a close eye on you. He observed your every move, but all the things you did had no evidence of danger. 
Aish, why does that man want you? 
Hajoon became frustrated with that question he's been wondering about. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
After dinner, Hajoon sat down at one of the VIP tables in the front. He scanned the room as the music played and people took the dance floor. 

"Your mom would be proud, Hajoon." 
Hajoon broke away from the dance floor and looked over to his side. 
His father stood there, then he joined Hajoon at his table. 
"Don't mention her from now on," Hajoon said, focusing his attention back on the dance floor. 
"I know how hard it has been for you," his father began, but before he could finish, Hajoon stopped him. 
"It's not. Don't worry," Hajoon replied. 
His father thought for a while. 
"Why don't you head back home?" he asked. 
Hajoon looked at him, confused. 
"Go back to the States."
"You sent me here." 
"This place isn't good for you," 
"I know what I'm doing. You don't need to worry about anything," Hajoon assured. 

Before his father could add onto anything, he was quickly interrupted by one of the men. 
"Excuse me," the man bowed and then quickly whispered to Hajoon. 
"Excuse me," Hajoon said, slightly bowing to his father before leaving. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon walked out of the ballroom and into the front lobby. 

Hajoon stood from afar, observing the situation. 
He saw that you were standing in front of one of the guests, exchanging a few words.

"Pick it up and kneel to my feet if you really mean your apology," Ms. Yoo said, crossing her arms.
He saw you taking a step forward and ready to kneel in front of the guest. 
Without thinking twice, Hajoon quickly walked over to you, grabbing your upper arm, pulling you up.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Hajoon." 
His name slipped out of your mouth. 
"M-Mr. Hajoon-shi," you corrected yourself but stuttered in nervousness. 
Hajoon pulled you aside next to him. 
"What's the problem here?" Hajoon asked Ms. Yoo. 
Ms. Yoo quickly picked up her jacket that laid in the space between her and you and Hajoon. 
"Haha, nothing, Mr. Chairman," she nervously chuckled. 
"There seemes to be a problem," Hajoon said to her. 
"Nothing at all," she smiled to Hajoon. 
"Apologize to her," Hajoon ordered. 
You looked at Hajoon in surprised. 
Actually, it was necessary, but you no longer cared about the apology. 
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, it's o--" 
"Apologize to her," Hajoon repeated, wearing his same cold expression.
"I....I'm sorry," Ms. Yoo hesitated. 
"Wonwoo, this woman out. Make sure she doesn't enter the building again," Hajoon ordered. 
Yoomi stood there in shocked. 
"Mr. Chairman, you can't do that to me. I have a right to be here!" She screamed. 
"You've violated that right the moment you asked her to kneel to you. Leave peacefully, or I'll have you escorted out," Hajoon warned. 

You looked at Hajoon the whole time. The only sound you heard was your heartbeat. 
What's going on with me? 
You thought as you were in awed by Hajoon's action. 
Before you noticed, Yoomi had already been escorted out by Hajoon's men. 

What are you doing? 
You questioned him. 

Ms. Kim quickly grabbed you, pulling you next to her. 
You snapped out of your thoughts and bowed quickly to Hajoon, as Ms. Kim did the same thing. 
"I'm sorry, Mr. Chairman," Ms. Kim apologized. 
You didn't say anything besides thought about what he did.
"If something like that ever happen again, your employment will be terminated," Hajoon warned. 
He looked at you, whose head was still down. 
"Park -----shi." 
But why would he do that? Especially to me? Is he really not bad?
"
Park ------shi." 
You snapped out and lifted your head up. 
He stared right at you, that cold stare from earlier. 
"Y-yes?" 
"You can go back," he said. 
"Yes," you bowed and left the scene. 
You looked behind your shoulder and saw Ms. Kim bowing down another time to Hajoon as he stood in front of her. 
You noticed that Hajoon had looked your way, making you turn back and fast walk into the ballroom. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"This won't happen again, Mr. Chairman," Ms.Kim apologized. 
"Don't disappoint me again," Hajoon said before walking away. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You entered the ballroom and stood in the same spot at the back.
You stared at the floor and fidgeted with your fingers. 

Aish, who are you, Hajoon? You're confusing me.
Why am I even referring you as Hajoon? Is your name even Hajoon? 
How am I going to keep investigating you when you have no record? 


"Aish, you're making me go crazy!" You frustratedly said aloud, placing one of your hands on your head. 
"-------?" 
You snapped out and quickly looked up. 
"Oh, Soohyuk. How long have you been standing there?" You asked him. 
"Not long," he replied. 
"You didn't hear what I said, right?" You felt a little bad. The comment was not meant for him. 
"Am I making you uncomfortable?" He asked. 
"No, no, no!" You quickly assured him. 
"Are you sure?" 
"Yes! I was just thinking about something and it bothered me, that's all," you explained.
"You can trust me," he smiled. 
"Thank you."
"Our dance?" he asked. 
You wanted to decline his dance. 
"I'm dirty though," you told him. 
"You're dirty? Where?" 
"Well, I've been working all night, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to be on the floor during my shift," you explained. 
"Well, you're with me. If anyone has a problem, they can bring it up to me," Soohyuk smiled. 
Before you could reply back, he grabbed your hand and pulled you to the middle of the dance floor. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You stood in front of Soohyuk. 
"Do you remember?" He asked. 
You looked up at him. 
"Yes, but it's been a while," you chuckled. 
"I'll guide you if you need assistance," he smiled. 
"Thank you!" you returned the smile. 

Just as you were about to place a hand on Soohyuk's shoulder, Hyojoo stepped in. 
"Oppa."
You and Soohyuk turned to look at her. 
Taking a step back away from Soohyuk, you gave her a bow.
Hyojoo scanned you up and down, and then she looked at Soohyuk.
"I want to dance with you, Oppa," Hyojoo said. 
Soohyuk looked at you and then back at Hyojoo. 
"How about the next dance?" Soohyuk suggested. 
"No, I want to dance with you right now," Hyojoo whined. 
Soohyuk gave you an apologetic look. 
"-------," 
"No, it's no problem! Please enjoy this dance!" You smiled to Soohyuk. 
You stepped away and Hyojoo side eyed you before getting into position with Soohyuk, ready to slow dance. 
Soohyuk gave you an apologetic look and mouthed "sorry." 
You smiled and mouthed back "it's okay!" back away from the center.

You turned back, only to hit his chest.
You looked up at him, and it was that same rhythm of your heartbeat that could be heard through your ears. 

"Excuse me, Mr. Hajoon," you slightly bowed before stepping out of his way. 
Hajoon grabbed your upper arm, turning you back in front of him. 
"Can you dance?" He asked. 
Your eyes widened by surprised. 
Out of all the pretty girls in the room, he asked you. 
"W-what?" 
"Can you dance?" he repeated. 
"I...I can...a little only," you hesitated. 
"Good," he replied.
"Mr. Hajoon-shi, I...I don't----"
Hajoon placed one hand on your waist, pulling you closer to him. 
You held your breath and avoided eye contact with him, looking right at his chest. 
Aish, this is so embarrassing. 
You mentally facepalmed. 
You placed one hand on his shoulder and the other right in the palm of his hand. 
Surprisingly, his hand was warm, not what you thought, cold. 
Am I sick? 
You asked yourself. 
You felt the butterflies kicking in from the bottom of your stomach and that same rhythm of your heartbeat, but louder. 

Meanwhile, Hajoon observed you the entire time. 
What do they need from you? 
Hajoon kept asking. 

"---------." 
You quickly looked up at him. 
"Y-yes?" you stuttered.
"Your real name is Park ------, right?" he asked. 
As you were too distracted by your own thoughts and odd feelings to even question his suspicious questions. 
"Park -------? Yes, it's my real name," you answered him, avoiding eye contact again, wandering the spaces around him. 
"That neighborhood you live in, you've lived there your entire life?" 
"No, I was in the orphanage when I was younger. I just moved into the neighborhood a few years ago." 
"You've never met your biological parents?" 
You shook your head to his question. 
"That friend you have..." 
"Eunwoo?" you looked at him. 
"Yea, him. How long have you guys been friends?" 
"Hmm..." you thought. 
"Not long. We became friends when I moved into the neighborhood." 
"Is Eunwoo associated to...any suspicious groups?" 
"Like a gang? No, he's the nicest guy in the neighborhood," you chuckled. 
You had forgotten about your anxiety. 
"What about you? Are you in any groups of ...some sort?" He asked, examining your facial expression. 
"Me? No!" 
You quickly declined, giving him a "who do you think I am?" look. 

Confused. Surprised. 
He read. 

"My life is work, home, and repeat," you told him. 
Nothing useful at all. 
Hajoon thought. 
As the music gradually came to an end, Hajoon removed his hand from your waist.
He twirled you once, and his other hand once again planted on your waist, pulling you in, closing the space between you two. 
Your eyes widened, staring right at his chest, and those damn butterflies woke up again.

What are you trying to do, Hajoon?
You wondered, as your legs felt weak.  

Meanwhile, Hajoon looked across the room, witnessing Soohyuk looking at you. 

 

Are you two working together?

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

(08.17) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @DolphinWorld & @silent readers!
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆