⬻Chapter VII: Promotion⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
“Park -----shi.”



You stopped.

Omo, does he remember me?

You felt a wave of nervousness over your body.

You turned around and bowed down. You knew you didn’t have the guts to look at him after what happened earlier.
“Ah yes, Mr. Chairman.” You replied.
“What do you think of the new designs?” He asked, looking over the designs.
“I respect whichever you decide on.”
Hajoon looked up from the papers and at you. He saw that your head was still down, arms parallel to the ground.
“You can leave.” He said.
“Thank you.” You replied.

You swiftly turned around and walked out as fast as you could. You closed the door gently and made your way to the elevator with your hand on your chest, in hopes that your heart rate would decrease.
You entered the elevator and pressed on the 1st floor, then you looked down at your shoes. You wondered if it would be a good idea to go back to the junkyard to go look for your lost heels.

As the elevator doors slid close, Hajoon stopped it by placing his hand into between the two doors.

 You quickly realized the door slid open, making you lift your head up.
You made eye contact with him, Hajoon.
His mysterious look and piercing stares paralyzed you for a quick second.
You bowed down and moved over for him to enter.
Hajoon had his right hand tucked in his pocket. He looked at you and then entered the elevator when you moved aside.
“Which floor are you going to, Mr. Chairman?” You asked him.
“12th, please.”
His voice was really something else, just as Haein had mentioned earlier.
Your hands were shook as you pressed the 12th floor, and Ha Joon noticed that.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“What’s your job here?” He asked, standing behind you in the center of the elevator.
Wait, should I turn around and talk to him?
You thought.
“Um I work in the front. Occasionally, I make copies of important documents. I guess you can say I’m a floater,” you replied, with your back still facing him.
Hajoon nodded his head as a gesture he understood what you meant.

The ride in the elevator was quiet. You looked at the number increase as it passed its floor. The ride felt forever. His presence behind you felt scary in a way. He had this dangerous aura around him. 

Hajoon looked at you from behind.
He noticed that you were fidgeting.
He ignored it and waited quietly for his floor to exit.

The silent atmosphere was interrupted when Hajoon’s phone rang.
He reached for his phone in his pocket. He slid across the phone to answer the call.

“Did you find anything on him?” Hajoon asked.

You listened in on the conversation.
Who?
You thought.

“I’ll be there shortly. Keep him there.”
Hajoon ended the call and inserted his phone in his pocket.

Who is he keeping?
You thought.

 

The elevator door slid open and Hajoon quickly walked out of the elevator. You bowed down as protocol. You straightened yourself, after Hajoon left the elevator. You looked at his silhouette that walked further into the long corridor. You also saw two men at the end of corridor, guarding his office.
He looks so cool, just as Haein said.
You thought to yourself. As the elevator doors closed, you caught the last glimpse of his figure. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You walked to the front desk and did a last-minute tidy on the desk.
You put your jacket on and slung your purse over your shoulder, before heading out.
“Good night, Mr. Yang.” You called out to the security guard. He smiled and waved at you.
You pushed the main doors and breathed in the fresh Seoul air. You felt relieved. You walked down the long stairs to get to the sidewalk. Again, one of the few things you hated about the city.
 
Just as you were zoning out, Hajoon swiftly walked down the stairs past you, with five bodyguards around him. You saw that it was him, so you slightly bowed your head down, as protocol. You stood on the middle stairs and looked at him enter his car. One of his bodyguards closed the doors, and the rest entered the car behind it. 
Something is definitely going on.
You thought it was shady, but ignored it anyway. You took out a pen from your bag and wrote down a note on the palm of your hand.

Wi Ha Joon: important call

You knew Haein would love this information on him.
You saw his car drove off, then you continued walking down the long stairs.

You tiredly made your way to the bus station. The bench was empty tonight. You sat down and looked out for the bus.
Aish. Should I go back and look for my phone, too?
You contemplated.
What if I see those gangsters again?
You quickly looked around, feeling a little paranoid.
You interrupted your thinking when you looked down at your shoes.
I need new heels.
You thought. You tapped the tip of your foot, listening to the sound.

Just then, a black pair of shoes stood in front of you.
Your heart dropped.
Omo, someone help me.
You prayed in your head.
You thought of all the possible way you were going to fight this stranger.
You slowly grabbed onto your purse, then you quickly stood up and held your purse up high, ready to swing your bag. You closed your eyes and swung your bag, only to be stopped by the person holding onto your wrist.

 


“Helppppp!” You screamed.
“--------.”
You opened your eyes.
“Eunwoo-ah!” You were surprised to see him.
“You scared me!” You exclaimed, holding on your chest with your other hand.
“Did something happen?” He asked you, releasing your wrist.
“Huh?”
“You’ve never acted like this before.” 
You thought for a while.
“Ahh, the crime rate has been rising, so I just wanted to be cautious, that’s all,” You lied. To be honest, you weren’t actually sure on the statistics.
Eunwoo nodded along.
“Oh, Eunwoo-ah, what are you doing here?” You looked at him, curiously.
Eunwoo smiled at you.
“I came to pick you up.”
“Huh?”
“You looked a little uneasy this morning. Haein called me that you would be taking the bus, so I wanted to make sure you got on safely,” Eunwoo replied.
“Eunwoo-ah, you didn’t have to come all the way here,” You said, feeling a little guilty.
“It’s okay, I wanted to,” He smiled.
The bus stopped in front of you two.

“Let’s go,” Eunwoo said.
You smiled at him, and you both walked into the bus. You sat next to the window and Eunwoo sat by the aisle.
You looked at him.
“Eunwoo-ah.”
Eunwoo looked at you.
“Thank you.”
He smiled in response.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Eunwoo hopped off the bus and began making your guys’ way back to neighborhood.
“Are you going to work in the city forever?” Eunwoo asked.
You looked at him confused.
“What do you mean?”
“Well, have you ever thought about working here, in the neighborhood?” Eunwoo asked.
“Once I’m financially stable, I would love to work here at home. Why did you ask?”
“Nothing. I was just curious,” Eunwoo replied.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Eunwoo dropped you off on the front porch of your house. You turned around and looked at Eunwoo.
“Thank you, Eunwoo!” You smiled at him.
“I’ll wait here until you lock your door.” Eunwoo smiled.

You opened your door and turned back.
“Good night, Eunwoo!” You smiled.
Eunwoo waved back at you.
Eunwoo left when he heard the locks of the door.
He smiled, knowing that you felt safe with him.

You sighed and dropped your bag on the ground.
I wonder what tomorrow’s like.
You thought.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Bye, Ahjumma! I'll see you later." You waved to the ahjumma.
"Be careful!" She smiled at you, organizing her shop for the day. You ran up the steep hill and to the bus station. Thankfully, you made it to the bus safely and on time. You sat by the window and looked out. 
Today's going to be a good day.
You motivated yourself. 

You got off the bus and began walking to the company building. You loved the sunlight. It warmed you up from the morning breeze. Just as you were enjoying the radiant sunlight, from your peripheral view, you saw a familiar car drove past you.
"That's the boss' car!" You exclaimed. 
You sprinted to the building as fast and safe as you could. You couldn't afford to rip your stocking today.

You saw Hajoon's car pulled up, the moment you reached the gate of the building. 
I have to make it before he does. 
You thought. 
You continued running as fast as you could. You ran up the stairs without stopping. You pushed past the main doors and ran behind the front desk. You quickly took off your coat and threw your purse under the table. 

You quickly lined up with the rest of the staff. You looked around to find Haein, but she was no where to be found. The front doors opened, and everyone including you, bowed down the moment Hajoon entered. 

You listened to the sound of steps again. 
There was something special about the sound of his footstep.
You kept your head down, closing your eyes, in hopes that you wouldn't repeat the same mistake from yesterday. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You were stuck making copies again. 
"Don't forget you need to make 100 copies of this file. You also need to fax these papers too. Make sure you pass those binders you organized yesterday to the right department." 
You nodded along with the instruction Ms. Kim told you. You felt a little overwhelmed with all the work, but you knew you had to get them done before the night ends.

You were pretty good at multitasking, so that's what you did. You faxed the files that Ms. Kim requested, while you waitied for those copies to be printed. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon took the elevator down to the 1st floor. He thought about last night. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
“Did you find anything on him?” Hajoon asked.
"Boss, we did. His name is Yoo Nam-gil. He's with us at the warehouse, but he's not saying much," one of his henchmen called.
“I’ll be there shortly. Keep him there.” 
Hajoon ended the call and inserted his phone in his pocket.

He took his exit the moment the elevator doors slid open. From his peripheral view, he saw you bowed down, but still he was too focus to grab his stuff and go to the warehouse as soon as possible. 

Hajoon quickly grabbed his coat and made his way to the door.

His phone rang again, the moment he walked out of his office. 
Hajoon sighed. It was a call from his father. 
The two bodyguards that guarded his office trailed behind him, as he made his way back to the elevator. 

Hajoon picked up the call and placed the phone by his ear. 
"Hajoon-ah, stop what you're doing." His father begged through the phone. 
Hajoon showed no expression. 
"I'm not going to do anything. I just need to sort some things out." Hajoon answered. 
"I just want you to be conscious." 
"You taught me this way," Hajoon said, then he ended the call. 

The elevator opened, and Hajoon took his leave. 
The first step he took down the stairs, he noticed that you were just leaving. He ignored your presence and swiftly walked down to his car, with his bodyguards at every angle. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"Yoo Nam-gil," Hajoon said, facing the man. 
"I'm not going to say anything," Nam-gil resisted. 

Hajoon sat on a leather chair with a light bulb dangling above him.
Hajoon leaned forward, his legs slightly separated, with his hands interlaced in front of him. Hajoon looked at the man in the most dangerous way possible.
"You could tell me what I need to know, or I could bury you here." 
"Go ahead! Kill me! You won't get a word from me," Nam-gil boldly said. His hands were tied behind him. Blood dripped down from his lip. The purple bruised started taking its shape under his left eye. 
Hajoon pulled out his gun and placed it beside him on a wooden table. 
"I don't give out second chances to many people." 
Nam-gil's heart was beating quickly, he felt the pulse through his ear. Sweats formed and flowed down from his head. 
"I see that Mr. Ricci have many minions after me. I thought I made it clear to him the first time. Haven't I?" Hajoon asked, taking the gun in his possession again. 
"Which part did I not make it clear?" 
Hajoon cocked the gun and pointed at the guy.
Nam-gil shaken from the gun, started breathing heavily. 
"Speak." Hajoon threatened. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Ding!
Hajoon snapped out of his thoughts and walked out of the elevator, with two bodyguards behind him. Whenever an employee saw him, they bowed, according to protocol. Hajoon walked past the copier room and looked inside the room. 
Park ------. 
He thought. 
He observed and saw how focused you were, and at the same time, the way you were multitasking. 

He saw Ms. Kim ahead of him. At the same time, Ms. Kim saw Hajoon. She stopped and bowed to Hajoon, as he approached her. 
"Good morning, Mr. Ha Joon." Ms. Kim greeted. 
"I need a background copy of Park ------ on my desk in 10 minutes," Ha Joon instructed, before taking his leave.
Ms. Kim was taken back. 
"W-what?" 

Ms. Kim was still in shock. She walked past the copier room and saw you faxing the files she had asked you. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"------." 
You turned around. You slightly bowed when you saw that it was Ms. Kim. 
"I'm almost finish making copies. Did you need something, Ms. Kim?" You asked her, holding the binders in your hands.
"Head to level five, room one," Ms. Kim said, then she left the room. 
You were confused. 
You remembered that was the meeting room. 
Am I getting fired? 
You thought. You've never felt so scared in your life. For once, you felt like this place would be your forever. You organized the binders back to its place and proceeded to go to the fifth level. 

You held your hands together in front of you and took the first step out of the elevator. You took a deep breath and knew you'd accept anything following your way. 
You saw two of the bodyguards standing in front of the room. 
Did I say something wrong? Is it because I bumped into the boss? What did I say last night? 
You deeply thought, trying to find an answer to those questions. You tried recalling whatever happened last night. 
"Park -----. I was instructed to enter this room." You said to the bodyguards. 
They opened the room for you, and you walked in. 
The room was dark like last night. The only lit part was at the other end of the table. 

You saw him again, sitting alone at the end of the table with one light shined above him. 
You grew nervous. 
I'm okay.
You tried calming yourself. 

You stood next to him and bowed, then you lifted your head up.
You took a glimpse and realized it was your resume. 
Is he going to fire me? Should I start apologizing? 
You thought. Your heart was beating so fast, you knew he heard it too. Your breathing became unsteady, and you felt your stomach turning. 
Hajoon looked up from the paper he was looking at. 


"Park -----shi," Hajoon called, interrupting your thoughts.
You looked at him. 
This was your official, first time, facing him. 
He looked so mesmerizing, just like Haein said. 
"Huh?" You informally said, still lost in his eyes. 





"Secretary Park?" 

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡



(01.24) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @DolphinWorld and a few new subscribers @bellenation and @hakimmj
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆