⬻Chapter XVIII: Entrance⤖

My Mysterious Boss

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
"Did you work for the...mafia?"

You asked. 
You still remembered that night, that moment, that second. The way his eyes looked at the man that night. 
Hajoon remained the same. He didn't react to anything. He seemed deep in his own thoughts. 
Aish, I'm such an embarrassment. What the heck am I thinking? He wouldn't even hurt a fly.
“You don’t have to tell me. I mean, you’re the chairman’s grandson, so…,” You noticed that it didn’t seem like he wanted to answer the question.
Aish, how am I going to get answers from him?
You thought.
“Why are you interested?” He asked, standing tall this time.
“I was just curious,” you responded.
Hajoon didn’t say anything more.
“I heard that there would be a welcoming party for your father,” you brought up.
Hajoon remained quiet again, as his usual self.
“What about your mom? Is she coming? I just realized I've never seen her before." 
You scratched the back of your head.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
"What about your mom? Is she coming?"
Your words replayed in Hajoon's head. He tuned you out, thinking about his mother. But, there was no time to think about it, he had to accept that. He furrowed his eyebrows, the more he thought about her, the angrier he got. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Hajoon’s expression changed. He looked a little…sad and maybe even angry.
You read his changed expression; before he looked annoyed with you, but now he looked a little...sad and some may even say angry. Maybe it was a bad sign to ask him that.
“It’s okay you don’t have to say anything. I’m sorry,” you said empathically.
Hajoon took another sigh, before pressing on the red button again.
“Is anyone out there?” He asked.
“The firefighters are on their way. We are sorry for the delay!”
Hajoon removed his finger from the button.
You stood there quietly with him.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Soon, you found yourself on the floor of the elevator, while Hajoon returned to his same position, arms crossed and eyes closed.
Let me close my eyes for a second. 
You thought.
You wrapped your arms around your knee and buried your face. 
Just a few minutes. 
You reminded yourself before closing your eyes.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Hajoon opened his eyes to see you on the floor with your face buried, arms wrapped around your knee. 
"Park ------shi?" 
He called you, but you replied with nothing. 
He thought of every possible situation, but he just couldn't connect you to anything that would make you useful. 
Hajoon took a couple of steps toward you, then he knelt down in front of you.
You don't look useful at all. Why would he want you? 
Hajoon thought. 
The more he thought about it, the more curious he got. He took a deep sigh and stood up to walk back to his spot. 
He stopped and looked over his shoulder to look at you once more. 
He thought twice before kneeling down in front of you again. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You popped your head up to see Hajoon midway covering you with his blazer.
You and Hajoon made eye contact. 
Time seemed to stop at that moment. 
His scent lingered around you.
His dark eyes weren't so dark after all. 
You had all of a sudden forgotten how to breathe.

For the first time, he felt a little embarrassed. 
Hajoon quickly stood up. 
You stood up after him. 
Just as you were about to remove his blazer, Hajoon stopped you. 
"Keep it on," he said as he noticed you were only wearing a short-sleeve. 

Just then, the elevator doors opened midway. 
You and Hajoon both looked at the opening, seeing a few firefighters standing outside. Half of the elevator was blocked, while the small opening was enough for you and Hajoon to squeeze through.

"The chairman needs to come out first," his man demanded to the firefighter.
You looked at Hajoon. 
"You should head up first. You are the chairman, and your safety is our priority."

"You first," Hajoon said. 
"Oh, M-Mr. Hajoon-shi, you need to go first," you stuttered. 
"Go up," Hajoon said. 

"But, Mr. Chairman---," 
Before one of his men could add on anything, Hajoon stopped him. 
"My order," Hajoon strictly said. 
You knew you couldn't say otherwise. 
Maybe he's not a bad guy, after all. 
Hajoon gestured you to move near to the opening. 

"Can you lift yourself up?" the firefighter asked. 
"Yea," you replied. 
Though you were just a few inches away from the firefighter's hand. 
"Can you jump?" the firefighter asked, reaching his arm as far as he could for you to grab. 
You were a little embarrassed and stressed.
"Yea, I can," you replied, not looking at Hajoon at all, who stood quietly behind you. 
Just as you were about to jump, Hajoon stopped you. 
"Get on," he said. 
"Huh?" You were flabbergasted, turning to look at him. 
Hajoon took a step next to you. He knelt down on one knee and had his hands in place ready for you to step on. 
"M-Mr. Hajoon-shi, I-I can't----" 
"Get on," Hajoon interrupted.
"Are you sure?" You asked him. 
It wasn't because he was Hajoon, but because he was the chairman you were going on step on. 
Hajoon gestured you to put your foot on his hand. 

All you felt was embarrassment and stress. 
You had to do what he said. After all, it was an order from the chairman. 
His black blazer still covered you as you lifted your foot onto his hand. 
With one boost, you rose three inches, reaching the firefighter's hand.
You grabbed the firefighter's hand as Hajoon supported your footing. 

With a few wiggles, the firefighter managed to pull you out of the elevator. You turned back and looked at the opening to see Hajoon in the elevator. A small part of you felt worried about his safety. It wasn't because he was the chairman, but maybe he was something else to you. 
"Please get the chairman out safely," you asked the firefighter. 
He gave you a nod and smile. 

You stood anxiously behind the firefighter, peeking the whole time to see if Hajoon was out. 
Before you knew it, Hajoon was standing tall in front of the firefighter. 
You bowed and thanked the men who came to the rescue. 
"Are you okay, Mr. Chairman?" one of his men asked. 
You stood there a few inches away from him. 

"I'm fine," Hajoon replied. 
"Please put some caution tape around the area. It's late, so please return tomorrow to examine the cause of the malfunction," Hajoon said to one of the firefighter. 
They bowed before collecting their tools.
He then looked over to you. You couldn't quite find another subject to look at, so you continued to look at him with a worried face on. 
"Are you okay, Mr. Hajoon-shi?" You asked him, scanning him up and down. You noticed that his white sleeves had a few dusty spots left by the elevator.  
"Are you okay?" He asked back. 
"I'm okay, thanks! Thank you for the boost," you thanked him, bowing to show your gratitude. 
Hajoon didn't say anything besides giving you one last look before he took his leave. 

You suddenly remembered his blazer that covered your shoulders. 
"Mr.Hajoon-shi," you half yelled turning it into a whisper. He had already gone too far. 
"Another blazer," you whispered. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You set the uniform on your bed. Then, you removed his blazer. You hung it next to the previous blazer you had. Just as you were going to head to the shower, you turned back to look at the blazer. You searched for the brand. To your surprise, it was the same brand as the one you had. 
So, he wears this brand only? I need to do more research. 
You hung the blazer back in your closet. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Today was the day you've been waiting for. You gave yourself one final look in your uniform, tucking your hair behind your ear, pressing down the hair in the front. You took a deep breath and practiced a smile before leaving. 

"Where are you going?" 
You turned back and saw Eunwoo, who was holding a trash bag. 
"Eunwoo!" 
Eunwoo threw the bag inside the trash bin, then he walked out of the gate and towards you. 
"Where?" He asked. 
"There's a welcome party for the chairman's father tonight. I was assigned for tonight's party," you explained to Eunwoo. 
Eunwoo thought for a second and nodded in a statement of he understood. 
"What time will you be home?" He asked. 
"I'm not sure. I'll call you when I'm finished," you smiled. 
Eunwoo had his thinking look on. 
"You'll be at the bus stop, right?" You asked him. 
"...I'll see," Eunwoo joked. 
"Please," you gave him your puppy eyes. 
Eunwoo gave in. 
"I will," he smiled. 
"Be careful, okay?" he asked. 
"I will." 
You waved to him and then made your way to the bus stop.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You looked out the window. You once again felt like you  had nothing to worry about nor did you have to think about anything else in the world. 
The bus stop came to stop, and you made your way out. You walked on foot for another ten minutes before you arrived at the reception. 
Your eyes sparkled as you've never seen such place before. You stood there for a few seconds taking in the beauty of the place and flowers that bloomed in front of the building. Each green bush were trimmed so carefully that not even an inch of branch or leaves stuck out. A massive flower arch was placed at the front entrance with a red carpet paving the way inside. 
I shouldn't go through there. 
You thought to yourself. You held no importance for such elegance and honor. 
After a few minutes of admiring the decoration and floral works of the outside, you searched for another entrance into the building as you wanted to be respectful to the front for the family. 
"Aish, where are the other entrance?" You frustratedly whispered to yourself. 
The fact that the building was so wide and big, you had to take more time to find another entrance. 
"------?" 
You stopped and looked over your shoulder. 
He smiled the moment he saw you. 
His tallness really stood out to you this time. His body was wrapped in a navy blue suit, his hair was gelled to one side and his skin was as white as the snow. His eye smile shined a bit different this time for some reasons. 
You stopped yourself from thinking any further as he made his way to you. 
"Soohyuk!" You called out to him. 
Soohyuk looked around you, and then he had his eyes back on you.
"Are you here for the party?" He asked. 
"Ah yes." 
"Why didn't you take the front entrance?" 
You gave him an awkward laugh. 
"I didn't want to walk through there. It's for the families and guests of the chairman's only," you told him. 
Soohyuk gave you a confused look followed by a smile. 
"Okay?" 
You gave him a chuckle. 
"Well, then, you can be my plus one," Soohyuk said. 
Your eyes widened by surprise. 
"W-what?" 
"My plus one."
"I-it's okay. I think there's a door right there, so I'll just use that," you declined. 
There was just no way that was going to happen. You had found yourself in too many situation near termination with Ms. Kim. 
"Come on," Soohyuk said. 
Without any second thoughts, Soohyuk grabbed your hand and wrapped it around his arm. 
"S-soohyuk, are you sure this is okay?" 
You became nervous for what you were going to face. For every action, you knew there would be consequences from Ms. Kim. 
Soohyuk had his other hand right on top of your hand that wrapped around his arm. 
"Of course, why not?" 
His deep voice was so comforting for some reasons.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You and Soohyuk approached the red carpet. 
"Wait," you stopped him. 
Soohyuk gave you a puzzled look. 
"Are you sure this is okay? I can walk on the side," you told him. 
"You're my plus one," he smiled. 
"Well---"
You broke away from his gaze. It was almost too distracting for you to organize your thoughts. 
You looked ahead to only see the man you've been wondering about standing a few feet away from you and Soohyuk. 
There was nothing new about his cold and mysterious eyes. 
You felt like you had to hide yourself for some reasons. 
"Hajoon," Soohyuk greeted.
Hajoon didn't say anything. 
He gave you one last look before he walked on the red carpet that led into the building. 
You didn't know why, but your eyes had follow him. Soohyuk also noticed it. 
"Is he intimidating to you?" Soohyuk asked, making you look back at him. 
"H-huh?" 
You really didn't hear his question. 
"He's not as scary as you think," Soohyuk smiled. 
You didn't say anything to Soohyuk, since you were too busy mapping Hajoon out in your mind. 
"Shall we?" Soohyuk said. 
You smiled and nodded. 

It was only a carpet, but you were scared to take your first step on it. 
Before you knew it, Soohyuk had let you go. 
"See, it wasn't so hard, right?" he chuckled. 
"Thank you, Soohyuk!" You returned him a smile. 
"I'll see you later?" He asked. 
"Yes! I'll be out on the floor, so we'll see each other." 
"Don't run anywhere until I get a dance with you," Soohyuk winked. 
Before you could add anything, Soohyuk had walked away already.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Once you located Ms. Kim, you followed her into the kitchen. The space in there was much bigger than your own home. Shiny silver pots were neatly hung on the rack above the many islands in the kitchen. You saw so many chefs in their white jackets. There was a good handful team of people who dressed like you. You quickly walked over and stood with them. You scanned the room to see if you'd recognized anyone, but sadly it was only you, who knew yourself. 

Ms. Kim divided the team into small groups, a few serving drinks, the other refilling the dessert table, some were the tidy-up team, a few were selected to collect coats in the front.
Ms. Kim had assigned you to collect coats in the front. 
You and seven other people walked towards the front. It seemed that they knew each other, while you walked behind them alone.
Four people stood on one side and the other three along with you stood on the other end. 
You greeted each guest as you took their coats, putting them in their own coat bags, tagging it with their name. 
"Please enjoy the party," you smiled, taking the last guest's jacket. 

"-------." 
You turned around and saw Ms. Kim walking towards you. 
"Yes, Ms. Kim?" 
"Follow me," she ordered. 
You hung the coat bag on the rack and proceeded to follow Ms. Kim. 
You both entered the kitchen and Ms. Kim had moved you to another station, the clean-up crew. 
Ms. Kim handed you a new pair of black gloves and then stationed you in the back area of the ballroom. 
The moment you entered the room, the decoration was even more elegant than the former chairman's party. 
The ceilings hung so high with white and sage green cloth neatly pleated and hanging above. 
The fairy lights made the event even more intimate. 
The tables and chairs were covered in black cloth. 
A variety of bouquet of white flowers neatly placed in the center of the table and on the sides of the room. 
The main long table which was on the front of the room had white roses on the edge, with a white cloth draping over the table.
The main lights were focused at the front where the chairman and his father along with the family sat. 
You stood in the back, waiting for work. 
You scanned around and saw Haein with Jeongmin. 
Before you could even wave to them, Ms. Kim had walked inside the room. 
You quickly returned to your standing position. 

"------!" 
Haein ran towards you and squealed seeing you.
"Yah! How are you here?" 
"You missed it! Ms. Kim had me replace one of the workers," you told her. 
"Aye, so you're here to just work?" Haein asked, upsettingly. 
You nodded. 
"It's okay! There's bonuses too!" You smiled. 
"Alright! I'll see you later, okay? I sit on the other side, so you know where to find me," Haein winked. 
With that, Haein and Jeongmin left, leaving you there alone. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
As you stood there, you tidy a few tables here and there, like, trashing the cups and napkins left by the guests.
You returned back to your position and looked at each guest dressed up. You knew you couldn't afford that luxury. 
"We thank all of our families, friends, and guests for taking their time to join us on welcoming our chairman's father!" 
The MC spoke through the microphone, gaining all attention to the front. Even your daydreaming was interrupted by his announcement. You stood tall in the back, making sure your eyes captured every moment and mentally taking notes. 
You saw Hajoon walked to the microphone. 
He wore a black suit with a white dress shirt underneath pairing it with a Michael Kors black tie. His hair was slightly spiked.
"Good evening! I am the currrent chairman, Wi Ha Joon. Today, I would like to welcome my father to Seoul," Hajoon began. He turned around and gave his father a bow in respect. His dad gave him a nod. 
"It's my great honor to announce that my father will be joining me to help grow what my grandfather has built. I hope that everyone continues to support our business as we all work together now and the future! Thank you," With that note, Hajoon walked back to his seat. His father took the stand next giving out a few words of encouragement to the staff and welcoming and introduction notes. 
Is his mom not here? 
You thought. 
You scanned down each person that sat at the long table in the front, but you knew all of them. 
Maybe she couldn't make it.
You concluded. 

"-------, come here," Ms. Kim said. 
You quickly walked over to her and listened to her next job.
"Yes?" 
"Go back to the front and roll out the last name Yoo's rack. There's a guest that's going out and they need their jacket," Ms. Kim said. 
You gave her a small bow and exited the ballroom. 
You walked down the long corridor that had floral works along the aisle, big framed pictures hung on the walls. 
You were quite distracted by the artworks and decoration as always. 
You walked into the coat room and searched for the Yoo rack. Once you located the rack, you pulled it out and rolled it outside, waiting for the guest. 
You recognized a few of Hajoon's men standing outside of the building by the main entrance and some in the lobby you were in.

"Yoo Yoomi," the woman said. 
"Just a second," you smiled. 
You opened up the coat bag and then you handed her, her white fur jacket. 
She grabbed her jacket out of your hand and then headed out. 
You looked at her white fur coat. 
What a beautiful jacket. Only in my dreams. 
You thought. 
You hung the coat bag back on the rack and then rolled the rack back into the room. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
You stood back in your spot in the ballroom, wearing a new pair of black gloves. 
After dinner and dessert was served, the dance floor was open to anyone. 
As you enjoyed your dinner in the kitchen, you could hear the music being played. 
Haein's probably having fun right now. 
You thought. 
You stopped eating and thought for a while. 
There's nothing suspicious at all. Maybe there's really nothing on him.
You were a little bit frustrated that you came this far, but nothing suspicious or strange has happened. 
Maybe later something will happen. 
You had a small piece of hope left. 

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
After dinner, you walked back out and stood in your same spot, waiting to collect small trash on the table. 
You spotted Haein and Jeongmin on the floor dancing. You smiled seeing how happy they both looked. 
Just when you admired your friends from afar, Soohyuk walked towards you with a smile.
Wait? He was serious about that dance? 
You questioned. 
There's no where to hide. 
You quietly sobbed inside. 
"Soohyuk!" You called him, giving him a smile. 
"Our dance?" he smiled.
"Um..." you didn't know how to quite tell him. 
"Ms. Kim can't say anything if you're with me," he chuckled. 
You chuckled.
"So, can I have the next dance with you?" Soohyuk asked. 
Before you could even say anything, Soohyuk interrupted. 
"I'm taking that as a yes. I'll be back for our dance," Soohyuk gave you a wink before he walked away from you. 
Aish! Should I go hide? 
You thought. 

"------, come here," Ms. Kim said, waving her finger at you. 
"Outside," she said. 
You followed her, and you both headed to the front lobby. You noticed the woman from earlier was standing there was her coat in her hands. 
You stood next to Ms. Kim. 
"Ms. Yoo, was this the girl who gave you your jacket?" Ms. Kim asked. 
"Yes, it's her," Ms. Yoo said. She gave you a side eye. 
"Did you ruin her jacket?" Ms. Kim asked, looking at you. 
"Excuse me?" 
"It's got to be her because she was the only one here when she gave me my jacket." 
"I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused with the situation," you said. 
Ms. Yoo showed you her white fur jacket. 
"Do you see what you did?" She asked, pointing at a spot that was slightly covered in black stain.
You examined the area and turned back to look at Ms. Kim. 
"I didn't do it," you told Ms. Kim. 
You turned to look at Ms. Yoo. 
"You saw that I opened the bag and handed it to you. There's no possible way I could have caused that," you explained to her. 
"Is this how you guys train your staff?" Ms. Yoo turned to look at Ms. Kim. 
"My apologies," Ms. Kim said.
"You should learn how to take responsibilities from your mistakes," Ms. Yoo said, looking at you. 

Ms. Kim really didn't know how to further handle the situation. 
"------, apologize," Ms. Kim said to you. 
"E-excuse me?" You asked. 
"Apologize," she said. 
"But, I didn't cause that," you told her. 
Just then, a few guests had stepped out to take a breather from the ballroom.
The last thing you wanted was cause a scene.
"Poor people like you should learn to accept your mistakes," Ms. Yoo said. 
You gave her a disappointed look. 
Ms. Yoo gave you a smirk. 
"I'm sorry," you managed to say. 
Ms. Yoo threw her coat on the floor, intentionally. 
"Pick it up and kneel to my feet if you really mean your apology," Ms. Yoo said, crossing her arms. 
Ms. Kim was even shocked by her request. 
"I'm sorry, but that's a bit much for my employee," Ms. Kim backed you up. 
This would be the first time she did that. 
"I see how this work. Just wait for tomorrow morning. You guys will be on the news," Ms. Yoo scoffed. Before she could turn away and you stopped her. 
"Wait," you stopped her. 
She turned back to look at you. 
You hated that some people stopped and stared at the scene.
You took a deep breath. You couldn't believe that you were going to kneel before someone as an apology. You hestitated.
Aish, am I really going to do this? 
You thought. 
For once, Ms. Kim felt really bad. The fact that she couldn't do anything else to support you. 
Ms. Yoo continued to stand there, waiting for you to kneel before her as she crossed her arms.
You took a step forward and took another deep breath with your head down. 
You slightly bent your knees and lowered yourself down, ready to kneel. 

Before you could fully have your knees planted on the floor, someone had grabbed your upper arm, pulling you back to your feet. 
You looked over your shoulder, eyes widened. Your thoughts ran wild. The beat of your heartbeat could be heard through your ear. You almost forgot to breathe seeing him. His scent once again lingered around you.



"Hajoon."

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

♡Send love and support to our Wi Ha Joon♡

(08.11) Shoutout to a lovely commenter @DolphinWorld
♡Much love♡


This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "My Mysterious Boss", or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to leave me a message, subscribe, and upvote!

☆.。.:*Inspirit_o7.。.:*☆