Only If You Want To

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh god, oh god, oh god, I think I'm going to die."


As we both looked out at the sea, I felt a brunette's grip on my arms tighten. We're on our way to Balatero Pier on a RoRo. After that, a van will be there to take us to Aninuan Beach, where we'll spend the next three days.


I chuckled as I looked at her distressed expression. I dragged her here after learning from her best friend that she was terrified of the ocean, and now our bodies are leaning against the ferry's railing. May monster daw kasi deep down there.


Who would have guessed that someone her age still believes in Mosasaurs? She didn't actually tell me that it was a Mosasaur, so it's just me and my dinophiliac self.


"We should have taken the seaplane nalang kasi, less hassle pa," I answered. Originally, we were going to fly from Manila to Puerto Galera by seaplane, but this girl right here suggested that we take the RoRo instead because I'm af---


"And stress you out the whole ride? No na. Mas okay na ako nalang magdusa."


I felt something warm inside as I looked at her. Winter suggested we take a RoRo instead because she knows I'm afraid of flying. When we played the 20 Questions, it was one of the things I mentioned to her. It makes me happy that she really remembers everything I said to her that night. Ning was already complaining because she wanted to ride the seaplane, but Winter was adamant about her decision so we all agreed in the end.


"You're so cheesy, hindi bagay," I and that made her roll her eyes so I giggled. 


"Okay na ba? Nakita mo na yung dagat? Pwede na ba tayo bumalik sa loob? Baka hinahanap na nila tayo," she questioned uncomfortably, taking another look at the body of water before quickly looking away. Baliw.


"No, I want to talk to you muna kasi." I answered. The reason I dragged her here on the deck is not that I really want to (well not most of the part) but I really want to talk to her about something kasi. 


She raised her brows out of curiosity and motioned me to continue by nodding.


"I just wanted to thank you and apologize for being here with us today. I want you to know how much I appreciate you being here. I know you really wanted to go to that convention but you chose to waste your days with us. Don't worry, I'll make your time worthwhile."


Okay, not to be overly dramatic, but it made me happy that she was able to join us today. I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I really, really want to go on this trip with Summer. Also, this is my first vacation since arriving in the Philippines, so I want to spend it with the people who have grown close to me.


I think I'm having baby fever.


"You're so cheesy," she mocked me, making the both of us laugh. "Kunwari ka pa, gusto mo lang naman makasama si Kat eh. Ginamit mo pa ako, hay. Ginagamit niyo lang 'tong katawan k--" she dramatically sighed kaya naman I jokingly pushed her making her scream.


"Karina! What the hell!"


I burst out laughing when I saw her place her hand on her chest as if she were having a heart attack. My eyes are starting to well up with tears from laughing so hard.


She hit my arms playfully while frowning, and I unintentionally hugged her while continuing to laugh to comfort her.


"Sorry, but that was too funny," I said between laughs. We pulled away, but I can see she was still upset. How can someone be this cute? It's unfair.


"Nakakainis ka..." she muttered. Ito na ba yung sinasabi ni Ning na pa-baby si Winter?


"Aww, is the baby sulking already?" I teased, tickling her chin. She swatted my hands away and just rolled her eyes.


"Bahala ka dyan, hindi tayo bati." She walked away from me with arms crossed, leaving me on the deck but I just laughed at her while looking at her amusingly.


If you're wondering why Winter agreed to join us instead, I think it was because of our conversation on the backyard patio a couple of nights ago.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"I might not let you go back to Manila kapag hinatid mo kami sa Batangas. I don't want to miss you that much kaya wag ka na magpakita."


I , curious to see how she would react. I've been enjoying her reaction every time I say something flirtatious to her. She may not realize it, but the way her expression changes when she hears them cracks me up every time.


Parang siya pa yung nag ga-gay panic. Lol.


Don't get me wrong, it's just my way of getting close to her, but I won't lie, I was surprised by some of her text responses. Her, being straight, makes it more interesting.


To be honest, aside from my two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter