Can we be a family again, umma?

Thousand Love Stories

Yuri sat on her car, waiting the bells, sign that school is over rings. Finally, she braced herself to see her son.

 

"Annyeonggaseyo Miss Im", bunch of kids were running to their parents, after said it to Yoona, their teacher.

 

"Don't running kids. Be careful", Said Yoona, waving her hands to her students.

 

Then Mason appeared behind Yoona, "Ugh, no change. Appa never on time pick me up", Mason groaned.

 

Yoona laughed, "Your father must be busy, Mason-goon. These day, many people caught by flu. He must really busy", Yoona was comforting him.

 

"Noooo, maybe it's because appa new girlfriend", Mason pouted, "She always come to our house. Like she does today."

 

Yuri could heard they conversation clearly, she wanted to cry, but she hold it, "Khun oppa?"

 

"It sounds like you didn't like her?", asked Yoona carefully.

 

Mason nodded, "I don't like her. She talk sweet in front of appa and shout at me when appa didn’t around me and her. Really, I wish appa didn't have plan to married her. I really doesn't like her, but I must make sure that appa saw that I’m happy"

 

"This isn't the right way to comforting your appa, Mason-goon. You can give your own opinion. Say you like when you like it, and say that you didn't like if you didn't like it. Don't force yourself", Yoona gave him an advice.

 

"Isn't it, too selfish, Miss Im?", asked Mason, "Appa happy with Victoria-shi. If I say that I didn't like her, appa won't happy again. If I can say honestly, I'll choose Yuri umma as my new umma. Eventhough she never wants to meet me, I really like her"

 

Yuri already cried in her car, heard that her son still loving her even she was mean to him.

 

Yoona sighed, "Sometimes, you can be selfish. You're too young. Don't think that hard, Mason-goon.", she patted her student's head, "Should I call your ahjusshi?"

 

That time, Yuri was appearing in front of them, "Annyeonghaseyo Miss Im", Yuri bowed to Yoona. Yoona and Mason looked very surprised saw Yuri in front of them, but the younger girl bowed back, "Mason-ah, it's umma", Yuri walked closer.

 

"Don't come", Mason didn't dare to saw Yuri’s eyes, "I promised to appa that I won't meet you again"

 

Hearing that Mason call her, 'you' rather than 'umma', made her heart hurt, "Why you promised like that? You didn't miss umma?"

 

Mason already cried, "No. Don't come closer. As a boy, I have to keep my promise"

 

Yuri smiled in her tears, "But I'm the first who meet you. You didn't broke your promise", Yuri hugged Mason immediatelly. Mason surprised, eventhough he is unsure at first but he hugged her back,  really tight.

 

Yoona was watching it with holding her tears, "umma.. Umma..", Mason was crying hard.

 

"Yes my son, umma is here", Yuri answeedr her son while patted his head.

 

"Umma..", Mason called her again, "Miss Im said I can selfish sometimes, can you.. Can you..", Mason glanced at his teacher, he was afraid that Yuri won't accept his request, "Can you stay with us again?", Mason braced himself to said that. Yuri broke the hugs with surprised look, "I know that you can't", Mason was very upset after Yuri exchanged glance with Yoona, asked for help .

"Umma also want that", said Yuri, she tried to calming down her son, "but umma think that it's impossible that Mason's appa can accept umma again"

 

Mason sighed, he realized that Yuri's words are true. For him, having a complete and normal family is impossible, "but we can ask him first umma. We can try"

 

Yuri patted her son's head, "Mason-ah, Mason appa is happy now, umma can't bother his happiness"

 

"But I really want to have complete family", Mason was crying again, "I won't ask anything on christmas and my birthday. I really want a complete family"

 

Yuri cried, she felt useless because she can't grant Mason's wish, "Mason-ah, umma is really sorry"

 

Mason stopped crying, but he still sobbed, he broke their hug, "Umma, don't you know the feeling waiting my parents will pick me up like my other friends? I'm tired of that. Saw my friends smile when they saw their parent pick them up, I never feel that", Yuri cried harder, "My other friends told about their holiday with their family, they looks so happy. I want happy too umma. I want like my other friends. I want have a family too"

 

"Mason-ah, umma is very sorry", Yuri sobbed.

 

"I know", Mason sighed, "I'll never have complete family"

 

Yoona was already crying, "Mason-ah..", she tried to comforting her student.

 

"Umma, can pick you up everyday", said Yuri, "I'll come on time. I'll do anything to make you happy Mason-ah, but if unite again with Mason's appa, I think... It's impossible"

 

Mason sighed, he regretted that he made his umma crying because of him, "Umma, don't cry. I'll try to be happy. To be really happy, if my parents happy too", Mason hugged Yuri again, "I'm sorry that I made you cried umma"

 

"I'm the one who should apologizes. I'm sorry about my faults. I'm not a good umma for you, Mason-ah. But I'll try to change. Give me one change", Yuri beg to Mason.

 

Mason nodded, "You always a good umma for me, umma"

 

After that, Mason felt tired about crying and he already slept in Yuri's car. While Yuri chated a little with Yoona, "I'm really thankful that you're always taking care my son"

 

"It's my job", Yoona smiled, "I really hope that Mason's wish can grant. He was suffering for a long time"

 

Yuri nodded, try to understands, "But you already know the whole story of Mason's family. I think, his appa doesn't want to saw me again, like he did when in pizza restaurant, Miss Im. I realized that I still love him, but now, I want focus on Mason first rather than fix my family", said Yuri.

 

Yoona nodded, "You can call me if you need listener", Yoona smiled and patted Yuri's shoulders.

 

"Thank you, Yoona-shi. Can I call you just by name?", Yuri asked, and Yoona just nodded. Both of them smiled, "You can call me Yuri. I'll go first then. Mason said that he want to sleep in my house, so I'll come to his appa's house to take his clothes", Yoona accompanied Yuri until she on her car.

 

Yoona nodded, "Drive safely, Yuri-shi", said Yoona calmly. They really looked like old friends.

 

"Thank you for everything Yoona-shi", Yuri smiled.

--

Yuri's car stopped on Khun's home. It's another house parked in front of that big house, it's Victoria's. Yuri being hesitated at first, she didnn't want to disturb them but she needs Mason's clothes.

 

Dingdong~

 

She pushed the bell. Not too long, Khun open it and lookked very surprise that Yuri in front of him. Yuri looked surprised too because saw Khun wearing apron and before they meet, he looks very happy, "Yul?"

 

Yuri who was carrying Mason just raised her shoulder, didn't know what words to respond, "Mason said that he wants to stay in my house. I need to pick up his clothes"

 

Khun looked at their son, "he won't", he tried to pick up Mason from Yuri, but he can't, "I can't allow him to stay at your house"

 

Just then Victoria's sound heard by them, "Yeobo, who is it?"

 

Khun glanced to Yuri, he worried that Yuri could heard it, "Why he can't stay in my house? I'm his mother", said Yuri coldly while hugged Mason tight and walked fast inside Khun's house.

 

"You can't !", Khun tried to chased her, but Victoria came.

 

"Yeobo, who is it?", asked Victoria confused.

 

"Yeobo?", Yuri make funny with Victoria's word, "You didn't pick him up because you're 'busy' with your new girlfriend?", Yuri climbed up stairs and went to Mason's room.

 

Then one of the servant came after heard some noisy voice, "Mrs..", the 50 old man smiled and bowed nervously.

 

"Mr. Choi, help me to collect my son's clothes. He will stay with me in a few days", Yuri said without saw Khun. Khun told Mr.Choi to not obeyed Yuri’s words, "I'm his mother, Mr.Choi. I won't do anything bad to my son", after Yuri explained that, Mr.Choi helped Yuri. The old man could see the way Yuri looked at Mason, very caring and loving. He believed that Yuri had already changed, "Thank you Mr.Choi", Yuri smiled.

 

Victoria still stood beside Khun, "Take care of Mason-goon", she said.

 

Yuri turned around and with annoyed expression she glared at her, "don't you ever shout or yell to my son", then Yuri's eyes on Khun, "If you really wants have new wife, hurry and go get married. But if you can't take Mason, I'll take him from you"

 

Khun's face became pale, he really forgot to pick up Mason because he's busy chated and cooked together with Victoria. Victoria hugged him from back try to comfort Khun after Yuri leaves, "She's too rude. I never yell to Mason-goon. You deserve a better woman rather than her", Victoria acted cute, "Like me, for examples"

 

Being polite, Khun just smiled a little, but inside in his heart, he scared that Yuri will really take Mason from him, "Yeah", Khun sighed.

 

Victoria came to dining table again, "Yeobo, let's we eat together", Victoria called Khun who still stares Yuri's car.

 

Khun turned around, "Victoria, don't call me 'yeobo' again"

 

"Wae. Wae I can't?", Victoria moaned, "You didn't move to her again right? You're mine now. We will married, we already made wedding photoshots", Victoria kept complaining.

 

Khun stared again to the roads, "I know", he turned and sat on the chair beside Victoria, "I know that we'll married". Victoria smile widely.

--

Hi, It’s been a looooooooooong time since my last update.

This chapter dedicated for KhunRi ^^

Please bear with me guys. Love yaaaaaaaaa all :’)