(Episode 6) Chapter 25

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- November 07, 2017, 02:00 PM --
-- A Cafe in Seoul, South Korea --

The team of detectives was still talking amongst themselves about yesterday’s case when Sunmi’s watch beeped. She then stood up.

“Well, I have to get going. I have to meet my Eomma in 20 minutes to get some bloodwork done. She and Appa just wanna make sure whatever Dr. Park injected in me has no side effects or something.” Sunmi told everyone.

“That’s okay. We don’t have further plans for today. We’ll text you when something comes up.” Jaesuk told her and she nodded before turning to leave.

“I’ll walk her out.” Sehun told everyone as he hurriedly followed behind her.

“Those two think they’re so slick.” Kwangsoo said out loud and everyone nodded.

-- With Sunmi & Sehun --

“Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you?” Sehun asked her again.

“Yes, I’m sure. My mom will be there and it won’t be long since it’s a private doctor. I can meet you after if you want.” Sunmi told him and he nodded. Soon, the car arrived in front of the cafe.

“Text me, okay?” Sehun asked her and she nodded, kissing his cheek.

“I’ll see you later, Oppa.” She said as Sehun opened the door for her and she got in. He closed the door and watched as the car went off.

-- November 07, 2017, 04:00 PM --
-- A Private Clinic in Seoul, South Korea--

Sunmi just finished her check-up with the doctor. Overall, it was a quick process. 

“Are you sure there are no long-term side effects, Doctor Kim?” Shinae asked the doctor as Sunmi watched the nurse take the vial of her blood somewhere where her phone pinged, signaling a message.

We’re on our way to Seoul Museum for a short-notice case. Can you come?

Sehun was the one who texted her and let her know. She typed a quick reply.

Yes. I’m almost done here and the clinic is just 10 minutes away by car. I’ll meet you guys there.

“I won’t know everything until I get the results of her bloodwork, Mrs. Lee, but based on her Physical Exam, there seem to be no side effects to what she was given.” Dr. Kim explained. Shinae just nodded as she and her daughter got ready to leave.

“I’ll give you a call and email you the results once they are. For now, Sunmi can go ahead with her usual activities.” Dr. Kim suggested with a kind smile. The mother and daughter started making their way out of the doctor’s office with Dr. Kim behind them to see them out.

“Thank you, Dr. Kim.” Sunmi said with a bow. Dr. Kim smiled at her.

“You’re welcome, Sunmi. Take care of yourself, okay?” She advised and Sunmi nodded. She followed her mother and they both walked with security towards the building’s parking lot.

“Are you going to go home now, Sunny? You told me earlier you guys didn’t have anything scheduled today. Why don’t you take a rest?” Her mom asked her.

“We had a short-notice case, Eomma. The others are on their way to Seoul Museum. I’m meeting them there.” Sunmi answered and Shin Ae nodded.

“Well, just promise me you’ll take it easy for today, okay? Nothing life-threatening.” Shinae advised her daughter.

“I’ll save that for tomorrow, then.” Sunmi joked with her mom. Finally, they reached the parking area where two cars were waiting. Shinae turned to her daughter.

“I still need to go back to the office and finish a few designs. I’ll call your Appa to let him know how the Doctor’s visit went. You take care, okay? I’ll see you at home later.” She said and Sunmi nodded before hugging her.

“Bye, Eomma. See you later.” She said as she stepped away from her mom, watched her get into the car, and watched the car drive away. Sunmi then turned to the driver who was holding the car door open behind her.

“Oppa, can you please drop me off at Seoul Museum?”

-- November 07, 2017, 04:35 PM --
-- Seoul Museum, Jongno, Seoul, South Korea --

Sunmi arrived at Seoul Museum and made her way to the Matrix Hall where Sehun said they were led to earlier. Once she entered the hall, she saw a man standing there.

“Hello, sir. My name is Lee Sunmi. I work with the detectives hired for a case?” She told him.

“Hello, miss. Yes, my curators hired detectives to work on this case but their rivalry seemed to push them to hire two different detective groups. Which one do you belong to? Can you describe them for me?” He asked her.

“Well, I think the person who stands out the most would be a tall person carrying a bag with cameras?” Sunmi described Kwangsoo.

“Ahh, Jiyoung-si’s team. Well, I’ll tell you what they’re doing so you can catch up. I'm Kim Beomsu, the director of this exhibit. The auction will take place on Sydney Sailboat. The auction will begin at 9 PM. tonight, so your team must find the painting and bring it here before that.” The director explained.

“Cesar Elle Kim was like a modern-day Leonardo da Vinci. On top of being a painter, she was also a mathematician and an architect. She was a genius in many areas.” He continued before gesturing to the set of paintings displayed on her right.

“Please take a look at these paintings. There are secrets hidden in the paintings. You will have to find the secrets. Then, put the correct painting on the empty easel. Good luck!” Beomsu told her and Sunmi stared at the paintings. 

The first thing she observed was that blue was one of the main colors in each painting and they more or less had the same color scheme. Another thing she noticed was the Fibonacci sequence in the number of people per painting.

“1 + 1 = 2. 2 + 3 = 5. So it needs to have five people with something like a body of water and pretty much the same color scheme as these other paintings.” Sunmi muttered to herself. She turned around to start looking for the painting when she bumped into someone’s chest.

“Ouch.” She whispered a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter