(Episode 7) Chapter 32

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This neighborhood is nice." Jaewook observed. Sunmi drove to the specific block the address said. She stopped and parked the car at the side of the road.

"It's this one." Jaewook pointed to the modern looking house.

"Yes. Let's go in." Sehun answered.

"It's a nice place." Kwangsoo commented.

"The gate is open." Jaewook observed.

"It's open." Sehun repeated.

"Ring the doorbell." Jaewook told Sehun who bent down and started to fiddle with the doorbell. Sunmi looked at him weirdly as she came in through the open gate.

"It's broken." Sehun stated.

"What?" Jaewook asked. Kwangsoo followed Sunmi who was already by the front door.

"Charming-oppa, are you home?" Sunmi called out as she knocked at the door.

"It's open." Kwangsoo pointed out the gate to the other 2 guys.

"Oh, I see." Sehun realized and everyone laughed.

"Stay away from Kwangsoo, Sehun." Jaewook told him.

"It's not my fault. Sehun has always been like this." Kwangsoo defended himself.

"No one is home." Sunmi told the guys as she stepped back from the door and let Kwangsoo take over.

"Try calling him." Jaewook told Kwangsoo.

"Mr. Charming!"

"He's not home?" Jaewook confirmed.

"No."

"Oppa, shall we look inside there?" Sunmi pointed to the low window at the side of the house. Sehun approached it to see if it would open. The left panel easily slid to the side.

"There's a window here." Sehun pointed out to the other two men.

"Can you see anything?" Jaewook asked the two teens.

"Excuse me." Sehun called out as Sunmi bent down beside him to look inside. She slid the right panel to the side and it revealed a fake hand. Apparently, it didn't look that fake as it made the other freak out.

"Holy crap!" Sehun immediately stepped back and ran.

"Jesus!" Jaewook ran away as well.

"Goodness! !" Kwangsoo exclaimed as he followed the other guys.

"Thanks a lot for leaving me, oppas! It's just a fake hand." Sunmi said as she picked it up and showed it to them. They slowly came back to check if what she said was true.

"Why would he do that to his house?" Kwangsoo asked out loud as they looked at the prop.

"It's just how his mind works, I guess." Sunmi answered.

"Why would he put something like this?" Kwangsoo still couldn't believe it.

"I can't believe him." Jaewook stated as Sunmi placed the hand back. Jaewook bent down beside her and Sunmi took that as he cue to stand up and let Jaewook handle it.

"Excuse me. Is anyone home?" Jaewook checked but received no response.

"Should we go in?" Sehun asked.

"I think we should." Kwangsoo answered him.

"No one is home." Jaewook declared as he started untying his shoelaces.

"Detective Ahn, since you untied your shoelaces, please go in and open the door for us." Kwangsoo requested which made Jaewook stop as he thought they would all be going through the window.

"What I mean is the window is small and you've untied your shoelaces. We don't all have to go in through the window." Kwangsoo rephrased it.

"We don't." Sehun agreed as Jaewook made his way inside.

"Let me take your shoes." Kwangsoo assisted him.

"Will it be all right?" Jaewook asked once he was inside the house.

"Let me make sure no one is home." He told the others as he slowly approached the sliding door.

"Please open the door for us." Sehun told him.

"Oppa, be careful." Sunmi told him. He was having a hard time opening the door.

"Is it locked?" Kwangsoo asked. He then figured out that only the rightmost panel would slide.

"Wait. It was the wrong way." He said as he slid the door open while the others laughed.

"You can't even open a door?" Kwangsoo teased. All of a sudden, an alarm started blaring.

"What's happening?" Jaewook asked in a panic as he closed the door to see if it would stop the alarm.

"What?" Sehun asked in alarm as well.

"What should we do?" Jaewook asked the others. Suddenly, Charming's voice rang throughout the house. Sunmi walked towards the front of the house to see if any of the neighbors noticed the alarm.

"You've come all the way here to steal the secret to my magic tricks. Security guards will be here in ten minutes. Why don't you run away before that? Alright. Here we go." The recording ended.

"What?" They were all confused by the warning but they now knew that they only had 10 minutes before security arrived.

"Open the door." Kwangsoo rushed Jaewook.

"I'll open the door." Jaewook said as he disappeared into the house. The other 3 detectives hurriedly walked towards the front door. Jaewook opened it and they all went in, taking off their shoes at the entrance.

"They'll be here in ten minutes. We have to find something within ten minutes. Hurry." Jaewook instructed the group as he walked through a hallway. He stopped at the end of it and everyone caught up to him.

"Hold on. This is strange. There are magic props all over the place." He stated as everyone started looking around to see if they could find any clues. Sehun and Kwangsoo passed by a toy that started making sounds which startled them.

"What?" They both said at the same time.

"What's with that man? Gosh." Kwangsoo complained as Sunmi laughed.

"There are cards too." Sehun said as he picked up one of the cards laid out on the table, only to see that the whole deck was con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter