(Episode 4) Chapter 17

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let's check all the places that have any connection to the victim.” Jaesuk instructed. Everyone decided to break out into small groups.

Group 1: Jaesuk & Minyoung - School Grounds
Group 2: Kwangsoo & Sunmi - School Grounds
Group 3: Jaewook & Jongmin - Yoonha’s Classroom
Group 4: Sehun & Sejeong - Yoonha’s Dance Club

“Everything feels so spooky today, including the weather.” Jaesuk started saying. He was talking to Minyoung, Kwangsoo, and Sunmi who were walking with him.

“I'm certain that those boys know something. I bet they gathered after getting those messages because they have something to discuss. I think they had something to discuss regarding the case.” Jaesuk shared his thoughts.

“You know what I found weird, Oppa? The fact that Gongmyung arrived here 3 days after she died and still got the text messages.” Sunmi shared back.

“That’s right! Why didn’t I realize that. Why didn’t you ask about it earlier?” Jaesuk asked her.

“He looked like he was hiding something and I didn’t want him to know I was suspicious of him.” Sunmi informed and Jaesuk understood her reasoning. Soon they reached a floor with students around.

“Hello. By any chance, do you know Yoonha?” Jaesuk asked two girls.

“We weren't close, but I do know her.” One of the girls answered and Jaesuk and Minyoung walked towards them to get more information. Kwangsoo and Sunmi decided to stay by the ramp.

“Guys, do you know Yoonha by any chance?” Kwangsoo asked a group of guys passing by.

“Ji Yoonha.” One of the guys answered with starstruck eyes.

“Yes.” Sunmi said with a kind smile.

“She's very pretty.” Another boy said.

“I used to go to the Sweetness Storage every day to see her.” The first boy admitted.

“Me too.” The other two boys agreed.

“Where did you go?” Kwangsoo asked them.

“Sweetness Storage.” The first boy said.

“Sweetness Storage?” Kwangsoo clarified.

“It's a snack place. All the rumors that go around our school start there.” The first boy explained.

“At Sweetness Storage?” Kwangsoo asked.

“You can find out what you're looking for there.” The boys informed the two detectives.

“I can find out what I'm looking for at Sweetness Storage.” Kwangsoo repeated.

“Then, that too?” The third student spoke up.

“What?” Sunmi and Kwangsoo asked them.

“About Seo Kangjoon?” The second student said.

“A rumor about Seo Kangjoon?” Sunmi asked.

“Oh, it's nothing.” The first boy denied.

“What is it? What about him?” Kwangsoo tried to convince them to give up the information.

“We have to go to cram school.” The third boy let his friends know.

“We have to go.” The three students stated.

“What about Seo Kangjoon?” Kwangsoo asked them.

“We don't know anything either.” The three boys said.

“Wait… Hey, how old are you guys?” Kwangsoo tried to question them as they went off.

“Goodbye. We should go to cram school now.” The three boys ran off as Kwangsoo tried to follow after them.

“I'm an adult. Wait.” Kwangsoo called out but they were already on their way.

“What is the rumor about Seo Kangjoon?” Kwangsoo asked Sunmi as he made his way back up the ramp.

“I don’t know but those boys seemed pretty hesitant to share that information. Maybe they’re scared of Seo Kangjoon?” Sunmi hypothesized. The two of them waited for Minyoung & Jaesuk near the ramp area.

“And it was until recently. Until recently, they were preparing for the competition together.” They heard Minyoung saying.

“I know.” Jaesuk agreed.

“They lied to us.” Minyoung concluded.

“We just found--” Kwangsoo started but Jaesuk ignored him.

“Shall we go?” He asked them.

“It's very important…” Kwangsoo stopped to laugh a little bit.

“What?” Jaesuk prodded.

“We got some very important information.” Sunmi said it for him.

“What is it?” Jaesuk and Minyoung asked.

“We just found out from the students passing by, that you can find out about all the rumors at the Sweetness Storage.” Kwangsoo informed Minyoung and Jaesuk.

“And according to the students, they found out about Seo Kangjoon's rumor at the Sweetness Storage.” Kwangsoo continued.

“What rumor?” Jaesuk asked.

“That, we don't know. The students said they were busy and left. They were late for cram school.” Kwangsoo answered.

“You should have found out what the rumor is.” Jaesuk nagged.

“But oppa, unnie, they seemed very hesitant to talk about the rumor. Maybe they’re scared of Seo Kangjoon?” Sunmi supplied.

“That may be.” Minyoung told her.

“I just heard a huge rumor.” Jaesuk informed the other team this time.

“What is it?” Kwangsoo asked.

“Seo Kangjoon and Yoonha spent most of their time together in the music room at this school.” Jaesuk said which made Minyoung laugh while Sunmi’s face turned red.

“His ears did seem to turn red.” Kwangsoo guessed which made Sunmi’s eyes widen.

“Did I say it wrong?” Jaesuk asked Minyoung and she nodded.

“Almost every day, until recently, they prepared for the competition in the music room almost every day together.” Minyoung rephrased for Kwangsoo and Sunmi.

“Oh, that's right. I said it wrong.” Jaesuk realized.

“Stop watching those videos.” Kwangsoo told Jaesuk.

“Oppa!” Sunmi hit Kwangsoo lightly before she covered her ears.

“That's not it. I guess how I said it was the problem.” Jaesuk stated.

“I see that we have to go to the Sweetness Storage and all the other places. Don't you think? We have to go to the music room too.” Jaesuk thought about who should go where.

“They said that that place is the source of all rumors, so we can find out everything there.” Minyoung recalled.

“Then, Kwangsoo, go to the Sweetness Storage.” Jaesuk told him.

“By myself?” Kwangsoo asked,

“Wait. There are four of us. Aren't you just kicking me out?” Kwangsoo said.

“That's not it. Think about it. Who heard that rumor?” Jaesuk asked him.

“Sunmi and I did.” Kwangsoo answered.

“Sunmi’s shoulder is still injured. That's why you should go there.” Jaesuk told him. Sunmi felt bad for him and shook her head.

“I’m okay, oppa. I’ll go with Kwangsoo-oppa to Sweetness Storage.” She volunteered.

“Are you sure? Your shoulder doesn’t hurt?” Jaesuk asked her and she shook her head now.

“Then Minyoung and I will go to the music room.” Jaesuk informed the other two.

“Yes.” Minyoung agreed.

“Okay.” Jaesuk said and just as they were about to separate, they heard the piano playing.

“I hear the piano.” Minyoung said.

“Whoever that is, plays beautifully.” Sunmi mentioned.

“You guys go to the ‘Sweetness Storage’. Go and get some information. Watch over Sunmi!” Jaesuk told Kwangsoo as he and Minyoung walked away.

“Come on, oppa. Let’s go. I’ll buy you snacks.” Sunmi offered so he wouldn’t feel bad anymore. They walked to where Sweetness Storage was. As they went inside, the female owner welcomed them.

“Hello, come in. Take a seat.” She ushered them to a vacant table.

“Hello, Ma’am. Can we get 2 plates of tteokbokki and 5 kimbap rolls to go, please?” Sunmi asked with a sweet smile.

“Of course, of course. Honey, 2 plates of tteokbokki and 5 kimbap rolls to-go for this table.” The woman spoke to her husband who was in the kitchen before she turned back to the detectives.

“You are such a beautiful looking girl. Is this man your Un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter