(Episode 7) Chapter 33

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think it's over there." Jaewook pointed to a nearby open space where they could see people gathered. Sunmi quickly found a parking spot and they all got off.

"I see wires." Kwangsoo stated as they got nearer to the filming set.

"It must be one heck of a show." Jaewook added.

"Isn't that Jung Hyesung? Over there." Kwangsoo pointed to someone.

"Who?" Jaewook tried to see where he was pointing and saw a woman who was wrapped in a bubble jacket.

"It's Jung Hyesung. It's really her!" Kwangsoo said, obviously awestruck. He pulled Sehun closer to him, he looked like he was awestruck as well. Sunmi just shook her head at their antics.

"They're obviously shooting something right now. Any ideas on how we can get a few minutes to talk to her?" Sunmi asked the guys as they approached closer and saw the director scolding one of the staff.

"Is the director giving him an earful?" Jaewook asked out loud. They watched as the director started kicking the staff, telling him to hurry up. The staff went near the group.

"What's going on?" Kwangsoo asked.

"Excuse me. Could I ask you a favor? We need someone to be suspended in a harness. Could one of you help out?" The staff told the group.

"What?" Jaewook asked in disbelief.

"Please help us out." The staff started begging.

"Why do we need to do that?" Jaewook asked as he looked up at the harness.

"I guess the stunt man was a no-show today." Kwangsoo supplied.

"Bring over anyone!" The director screamed.

"Please help us out." The staff begged.

"Oppas, one of you guys should do it. This might give us the opportunity to speak to Hyesung later." Sunmi whispered.

"Sir..." The staff gestured to Jaewook who slowly started moving forward, looking life he was in a trance.

"Yes, him. The one in the leather jacket will do." The director instructed and it was decided.

"He called you out, hyung." Kwangsoo told him as Jaewook was dragged away by the staff.

"Help us out just this once." The staff told Jaewook and they immediately got to work in strapping him into the harness.

"Over here. Let's get ready. Back to your stations!" The director started giving out instructions. The remaining three were near Hyesung and the two guys couldn't stop fanboying over her, Kwangsoo especially. He took out his phone.

"Sehun-ah, let's take a picture with her." He told Sehun and they both slowly approached the actress.

Sunmi just shook her head fondly at their antics. She had to admit, she was a little insecure that her boyfriend was acting that way over another girl but it was just a picture though, so she let it go and decided to let him have his fun. She watched as the director gave out instructions for the scene and the other two slowly came from behind the actress and quickly snapped a selfie with her.

"I'm sorry!" Kwangsoo said as he and Sehun both ran away after taking the picture. She laughed as Kwangsoo dropped his phone while they were running back to where she was. Kwangsoo then started jumping around happily and Sehun laughed with him.

"Did you get a good shot?" Sunmi asked Kwangsoo as she tried to look at the photo they took with the actress. At that moment, Sehun remembered that his girlfriend was there and cleared his throat before straightening up.

"It looks cute." Sunmi commented as she stared at the photo.

"Post it." Sehun told him with a smile, much calmer than he was earlier.

"I will, on my account." Kwangsoo answered. The three decided to move closer to the actors to listen in to the director's instructions.

"You two are married, but you cheated on your wife. The other woman is your wife's student." The director told Jaesuk.

"Why would I cheat on someone so pretty?" Jaewook asked in disbelief.

"Look at Hyesung. She's already in character. This is what real acting looks like." The director pointed at Hyesung who was already looking like an enraged wife.

"The wife, while outraged, will throw the objects here." He continued, gesturing to the basket full of random items.

"Okay." Hyesung signalled that she understood.

"You will gently catch them." The director instructed Jaewook.

"Am I supposed to catch them in midair?" Jaewook asked him.

"Yes! How easy." The director answered.

"You can do it." Kwangsoo walked towards Jaewook and encouraged him.

"Isn't this a drama series?" Jaewook asked him.

"Yes." Kwangsoo answered.

"Who is he? Who are you?" The director asked Kwangsoo and he angrily hit his assistant for not keeping a perimeter.

"I'll leave you to it." Kwangsoo told Jaewook as he rushed back to the sidelines.

"Standby, everyone. Silence! Ready. Action!" The director called out and the scene started. The other three detectives watched.

"Seriously? Just a week after our wedding, you cheat on me? With my student?" Hyesung told Jaewook.

"Did he cheat on her?" Kwangsoo asked Sehun and Sunmi, getting into the story.

"That's what the director said." Sunmi answered him.

"You!" Hyesung slapped Jaewook and he was launched into the air.

"What the... Goodness." Jaewook couldn't help but exclaim as he was lifted up.

"He was sent flying." Kwangsoo said in disbelief.

"Looking great." The director commented.

"No way. They weren't kidding. No way." Kwangsoo stated.

"I want them high up." The director ordered.

"I'm sorry." Jaewook told Hyesung as she went up as well.

"Hyesung, please be careful." Kwangsoo called out to her.

"Also, you came on to her first!" Hyesung angrily said as she started throwing objects.

"You've got it wrong." Jaewook told her.

"What did I get wrong?" She asked as she continued throwing objects.

"This is all a misunderstanding!" Jaewook cried out.

"What do you like so much about her?" Hyesung asked.

"No." Jaewook cried out as a water balloon almost hit his face. Luckily, he caught it in time.

"Catch them!" The director instructed from below.

"Answer me. Are you laughing?" Hyesung said as she threw what looked like a persimmon.

"Where do I keep these?" They heard Jaewook ask out loud.

"There!"

"Throw them harder!" The director called out to Hyesung

"Are you still laughing?" Hyesung asked Jaewook.

"I caught a persimmon." Jaewook called out.

"Stop laughing! I don't want to see those teeth of yours." Hyesung argued.

"Keep going." The director stated.

"Hide those teeth." Hyesung screamed to Jaewook.

"Harder!" The director ordered as Hyesung threw something else again.

"Don't look me in the eye." Hyesung told Jaewook and he immediately looked away.

"Right." The director was so into it.

"Honey! Honey, please." Jaewook begged for it to end.

"I'll destroy you!" Hyesung exclaimed and the director deemed it was good enough footage.

"Okay, cut. Pull them down. Bring them down. Okay, cut." He said and both Jaewook and Hyesung were lowered back to the ground.

"That's what I'm talking about. Good job, everyone. All right. That was incredible." The director praised both actors.

"Director! My wife and I are trying to have another baby!" Jaewook complained which made Sunmi laugh.

"The acting was great. It was amazing." The director complimented Hyesung this time.

"Thank you." She thanked him.

"You were incredible." The director continued. The other three detectives approached Jaewook.

"Ms. Hyesung, I have a question." Kwangsoo started saying but the director stopped him.

"You stay there. It was great, but we'll go again." He declared.

"Okay." Hyesung nodded.

"We'll go once more. Assistant Director, let's shoot the scene with him. That handsome young man." The director pointed to Sehun this time which made him smile shyly. Sunmi started laughing.

"I see. Could you help us out?" The assistant asked Sehun.

"Okay." He agreed.

"Well, you're not trying to have kids and you get to work with the pretty actress." Sunmi with a laugh, trying to brush off the pang of jealousy she felt when he accepted immediately. She didn't give him any time to reply and moved to stand on Kwangsoo's other side and started helping Jaewook out.

"Get him ready." The director ordered.

"Thank you." The assistant thanked him.

"Get the wires." The director told his assistant.

"I never realized how much hard work actors put into shows." Jaewook said as Sunmi and the assistant helped him out of the backpack and harness. Sunmi nudged Kwangsoo using her elbow and gestured to Hyesung. Kwangsoo got the hint.

"Ms. Hyesung, do you know Charming?" He asked her but all she did was look down and clear .

"Charming." Jaewook repeated when she didn't answer. Instead,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter