(Episode 10) Chapter 44

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- December 06, 2017, 07:00 AM --
-- Lee Mansion, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul --
 
Sunmi woke up in her own bed, with no idea at all on how she got there. She looked at the time on her phone and groaned as she got up. At that moment, Chunghee came into her room.

“Unnie? How did I get home? The last thing I remember was falling asleep in the car.” Sunmi told her.

“Mr. Oh drove you home after dropping the others off. Your parents actually invited him to stay the night as it was already late by the time he dropped you and the car off but he declined so your parents let him borrow the car to use in going home instead.” Chunghee told her.

“Did he say anything?” She asked.

“Yes. He told me last night that the rest of the guys agreed to meet up at 9 AM today and requested if I could wake you up in time for that. He said he would be here at around 8:30 AM” Chunghee informed her and Sunmi nodded, getting up and entering her bathroom to get ready. After 45 minutes, she was finished and just in time as the tablet in her room rang.

“Unnie?” Sunmi called out as she answered while putting on her shoes.

“Mr. Oh is here Miss Sunmi.” Chunghee told her charge.

“Okay, I’ll be right down.” Sunmi told her as she stood up, gathered her things and made sure everything she needed was in her bag. She went downstairs and informed that her parents were with Sehun in the living room.

“Eomma, Appa, good morning.” She greeted her parents as she entered the room and approached them to give them kisses on the cheek before walking over to Sehun, who stood up to greet her, and did the same.

“Sunny, it’s good to see you awake. We were worried when you came home last night in Sehun’s arms. We thought something bad happened to you.” Shinae told her daughter.

“Nothing of the sort, Eomma. I was just tired from yesterday’s adventure. I promise to tell you and Appa all about it during our scheduled dinner tomorrow.” Sunmi told her mom.

“Okay. Sehun, dear, will you be joining us tomorrow night?” Shinae asked the young man.

“If that’s what you would like, Ma’am.” Sehun politely answered and Shinae shook her head at his words.

“I already told you to call me ‘mom’.” She scolded Sehun and Junho shook his head at his wife’s antics.

“Yeobo, we talked about this. Don’t force the kids to do anything they are uncomfortable doing.” He reminded his wife who narrowed her eyes at him. Sensing an argument coming, Sunmi decided to nip it in the bud before it started.

“Okay, guys, Sehun-oppa and I have to go now. Bye! I’ll see you later.” She said as she hurriedly kissed her parents on the cheek before pulling Sehun by the arm out of her house. Sehun couldn’t do anything but turn back a little and try to bow to her parents as he was being dragged away.

“How am I ever gonna get grandkids when he won’t even sleepover.” Shinae said out loud as she stared at Sehun and Sunmi’s retreating figures.

“You’ve gotta stop your obsession over having grandkids.” Junho said as he shook his head.

-- December 06, 2017, 09:30 AM --
-- K’s Safe House, Incheon, South Korea--

The team was now gathered and were discussing the events that took place yesterday.

“I don't understand what happened.” Kwangsoo admitted after they all went through the rundown of what happened yesterday.

“I don't know if Yeonseok was behind everything or what.” Jaesuk added.

“I don’t think Yeonseok-oppa planned any of that out. I mean, he basically got nothing out of it, just killed one of the adversaries’ weapons.” Sunmi commented.

“Maybe he gave us a message.” Minyoung suggested.

“What kind of message?” Jaesuk asked her.

“A message so that we can dig deeper into this. To be honest, he risked his life to play the game.” Minyoung reminded everyone.

“That's true.” Jongmin agreed.

“He did it for Sunmi and for the microchip.” Sehun pointed out.

“What was that thing?” Jaesuk wanted to study the chip closely this time, still not knowing what it’s for.

“Oh, this? The USB flash drive?” Sejeong asked as she pulled it out of her bag.

“The USB.” Kwangsoo added.

“Yes, that thing.” Jaesuk agreed as Sejeong finally pulled it out and opened the case to show it to everyone.

“It looks weird.” Kwangsoo observed.

“I know. A regular USB port may not work.” Jaesuk agreed with him.

“How do we open it?” Sehun asked.

“We don't know.” Jaesuk answered him.

“Wouldn't K know how to use it?” Kwangsoo wondered.

“Where's K now? He should be helping us.” Jaesuk stated.

“By the way, those who are against K are gaining more power, you know. Doesn't that mean we could also be in danger?” Sejeong asked everyone.

“That's right.” Jaesuk told her.

“Oh, I almost forgot, when I met with K, I remember telling him about--” Sunmi was about to tell the others about the fact that C might be alive but was cut off by everyone’s phones ringing.

“We got a message. It's from K.” Jaewook informed them.

“‘Detectives, I'm excited to meet you all in person. I’m typing this message after telling M to plan a party where all of you can gather.’” Jaesuk read the first part of the message out loud.

“M?” Kwangsoo asked, confused.

“Who's M?” Jaesuk asked as well.

“M! The one who gathered all of us to play the Murder Game.” Sunmi reminded them.

“He got shot by Yeonseok and died.” Jaewook added.

“This message was scheduled in advance.” Sehun shared and Jaesuk made a noise of realization.

“It was written on September 27. From K, September 27.” He said as he read the bottom of the text.

“‘I hope you’ve all become true detectives. Now, only the final test awaits you. Come to this address.’ The address is 1576 Oryu-dong, Seo-gu, Incheon.” Jaesuk read the rest of the message as well as the address given.

“Oh, M was still alive back then. This was written on September 27.” Sejeong stated. She finally got it as well.

“So, he wrote it when the party was held.” Jaesuk half stated and the detectives agreed except for one person.

“Guys, this says, ‘From K, September 27, 2017.’” Jaewook started saying.

“Yes.” Sejeong answered.

“Is it really possible to schedule a text message to be sent out on a later date? How do you do it? Can it be done?” Jaewook asked as he was confused on how it could be done.

“Yes, he must have scheduled it.” Kwangsoo answered him.

“Yes, it can be done.” Minyoung agreed.

“Oh, really?” Jaewook asked one more time.

“Yes. People do it these days.” Jongmin was the one who explained this time.

“Is that right? I must say, K is pretty impressive. This is actually possible.” Jaewook muttered to himself.

“It's fascinating.” Jaesuk commented as well.

“Shouldn't we go to this address first?” Sejeong asked them.

“Yes, we should.” Jaesuk agreed. All of a sudden, the team logo was projected on the wall in front of them. 

“Gosh!”

“What's going on?” Some of the detectives muttered as they waited to see what would happen next.

“Detectives. Do you remember my voice?” A voice asked them.

“Who is he?” Some of the detectives asked but Sunmi was feeling dread creep into her as she recognized the voice right away.

“Thank you for buying me time.” The voice continued.

“Kim Jeongtae.” She whispered and Sehun heard her.

“It's C.” He told the others and everyone was shocked to know that he was still alive.

“But that man is dead.” Jaesuk stated.

“He's dead.” Jongmin agreed.

“Everything is going according to my plan. Because you brought me time, I was able to kidnap K at his office.” C revealed.

“What?” Jaewook asked.

“Did he kidnap K?” Kwangsoo wondered as well.

“Now, I will accomplish what I want.” C said before ending the call.

“What is happening now?” Jaesuk cried out.

“What is going on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter