(Episode 3) Chapter 12

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 25, 2017, 10:00 AM --
-- Somewhere along the Coast of Jeju --

The team had gathered again to travel to Seoul back together. Everyone except Kwangsoo was already seated at a table that was prepared for them by K.

“This is nice.” Jaesuk said as he looked around and took in the view behind him.

“Look at the color of the sea.” Jongmin pointed out.

“I know. Although it has been a bit short, this trip has made me like Jeju Island even more.” Jaesuk shared.

“I have fallen in love with Jeju.” He said in English as he looked at Sunmi who was beside him. She was talking to Minyoung and Sejeong about Minyoung’s date yesterday and turned when she felt Jaesuk staring at her.

“You said it correctly, oppa.” Sunmi said as she showed him two thumbs-ups while Minyoung and Sejeong laughed.

“He wants your confirmation.” Sejeong told her.

“Why did you look at her?” Minyoung asked Jaesuk.

“Sunmi has confirmed. It’s the correct expression. I have fallen in love.” Jaesuk mentioned with a laugh.

“So you both agreed to just remain friends?” Sejeong asked Minyoung as she nodded.

“We tried but there just wasn’t enough spark.” Minyoun told both girls.

“That’s coming from someone who went to a -themed park as part of the date.” Sunmi recalled.

“By the way, where is Kwangsoo-hyung?” Sehun asked as he glanced at the vacant seat on the opposite side of the table.

“Right.” Minyoung agreed.

“Right. He’s not here yet.” Jaesuk stated.

“Could something have happened to him last night?” Sejeong asked.

“I doubt that.” Jaesuk started saying when his phone suddenly rang.

“Wait. A video message from K?” He said as he clicked on it to play. Everyone gathered around him to watch.

“I heard some very shocking news. Someone has been murdered at a guest house in Jeju Island.” K said which earned sounds of disbelief from the others.

“Unfortunately, the prime suspect is Detective Lee Kwangsoo.” K informed and everyone was shocked at the piece of information.

“Kwangsoo-oppa wouldn’t do that. There has to be some sort of explanation.” Sunmi defended.

“The murder took place in the room he was staying in. According to my secretary, the police are on their way. As they can’t reach Kwangsoo, they are assuming that he is on the run. Before the police get there, I want you to go to the crime scene first and investigate it. If Kwangsoo turns out to be the murderer, you must arrest him.” K said before the video message ended.

“What’s going on?” Jaesuk was confused.

“It’s impossible.” Jongmin defended Kwangsoo.

“There was a murder at a guest house and the prime suspect is Kwangsoo.” Jaesuk recounted.

“We’re supposed to arrest him if he turns out to be the culprit.” Sejeong finished.

“Someone sent us an address. Hallim-eup, Myeongwol-ri.” Jaesuk read and everyone started moving towards the car.

“We have to get there before the police and examine the scene. Try calling Kwangsoo.” Jaesuk said as he drove towards the destination. Sunmi on the front seat, Jongmin, Sehun and Jaewook in the middle row and Minyoung and Sejeong at the back.

“Should I call him?” Jongmin asked.

“Yes. Call him.” Jaesuk answered.

“I didn’t know he would do this.” Jongmin said as he took out his phone and started calling Kwangsoo’s number.

“Kwangsoo.” Jongmin said while the phone was still ringing which made Sunmi start giggling.

“It’s still ringing. Why are you talking to yourself?” Jaesuk told him which made everyone laugh despite the situation. Soon, they arrived at the guesthouse Kwangsoo was staying in.

“We are here.” Jaesuk declared as he saw the guest house just ahead.

“Did you all bring gloves?” Jaesuk asked them as he moved to park the car.

“Yes.” Jongmin answered for everyone.

“We shouldn’t leave any traces. Let’s hurry” Jaesuk reminded them. Everyone disembarked and put on their gloves. 

“We shouldn’t make the police suspect us. We shouldn’t touch anything with our bare hands.” Jaewook advised.

“Let’s be careful. We don’t have much time. Let’s hurry.” Jaesuk told the team as they headed inside the guest house.

“Cover your shoes with plastic bags. Let’s not leave any footprints.” Jaesuk said as he handed out the plastic bag he brought.

“I’ll take off my shoes.” Jongmin declared.

“Me too.” Sunmi seconded. Once they got inside, they saw a breakfast sign-up board with Kwangsoo’s name on it.

“What’s this? Lee Kwangsoo? Is that Kwangsoo’s handwriting?” Jaesuk asked as he pointed to the name on the board.

“I don’t think so.” Jongmin answered. Jaesuk looked around and spotted a hallway. At the end of the hall he spotted an open door and hurriedly approached it.

“Oh. What is this?” Jaesuk asked as he spotted a dead body lying on the bed inside the room.

“What’s that? Who is she?” Jaesuk had a lot of questions no one knew the answer to.

“Is she dead?” Sejeong asked.

“She’s dead.” Jaesuk said as he took a peek at the woman.

“Did Kwangsoo-hyung sleep here?” Sehun asked.

“He must have stayed here.” Jaewook deduced.

“He signed up for breakfast. Kwangsoo must have stayed here yesterday.” Sehun was explaining when Jaesuk screamed.

“Gosh, you startled me.” Jaewook scolded him.

“There’s a knife.” Jaesuk pointed.

“Take pictures. It will come in handy” Jaewook told everyone.

“Let’s look around the place before the police come. Try not to touch anything.” Jaesuk instructed. The women started taking pictures.

“There are two soju glasses. There are many different kinds of alcohol.” Jaewook observed.

“There is evidence of washing blood off.” Jaesuk mentioned.

“There are bloodstains on the sink.” Minyoung reported.

“So he washed his hands after committing the murder.” Jaewook declared.

“Why are they saying that like they’re sure Kwangsoo-oppa did it?” Sunmi whispered to herself, worried about her friend’s whereabouts.

“Something is written.” Sejeong pointed to the markings on the bed sheet.

“Hold on.” Jaewook said as he looked at the characters.

“LKS. It must mean Lee Kwangsoo.” Jaewook said.

“It must be a dying message.” Jaesuk added

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter