(Episode 8) Chapter 36

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- December 02, 2017, 10:00 AM --
-- Lee Mansion, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul --

Sunmi was working on the last batch of modules she had before the Christmas Holidays. Ever since she joined the Mystery Club, she rarely had sessions with the professor anymore but it was fine with her parents as long as she stayed on top of her modules and the professor gave good feedback regarding her work. She decided to take a quick snack break to relax herself. She minimized her modules tab and was about to start watching YouTube videos when her phone started ringing. She took a look at it and saw that it was from K.

“Hello? Mr. K?” She answered the call.

“Hello, Sunmi-ah. How are you?” K asked her.

“I’m okay. Just finishing up my modules. What about you? This is a sudden call. Is everything alright, sir?” She asked, worried that something bad had happened.

“Everything is okay for now. I actually have a favor to ask you. Are you, by any chance, busy this Monday?” He asked her and she immediately ran through her schedule in her mind.

“No, I don’t have anything planned on that day. Why? Is there anything I can do for you?” She asked him.

“Actually, there is something you can do for me.” K started saying before he explained the favor he wanted from her.

-- December 03, 2017, 08:00 PM --
-- Lee Mansion, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul --

Sunmi was helping her mom out with the financial reports of her company. Since it was almost the end of the year, she decided to help her mom get everything in order so that her mom and the accountant would not have a hard time arranging everything once it was time to submit the Annual Reports of the company. In the midst of that, she received a phone call. When she looked at it, it was an unknown number. She picked it up anyway.

“Hello?” She greeted the caller.

“Hello. Is this Lee Sunmi by any chance?” The caller, who sounded like a young female, asked.

“Yes, this is she. May I know who I am speaking to?” Sunmi asked the caller.

“I am Kriesha, Mr. Jang Gwang’s secretary. I am calling to inform you about a case he wants to hire you for. He would like to meet with you.” The woman answered.

“Ah, may I know when this meeting would be and where it would take place?” She asked again.

“It’ll be tomorrow at 2:00 PM in Sinsu-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul. Are you available?” 

“Oh, sorry. I would like to respectfully decline. I actually have personal plans scheduled tomorrow.” Sunmi answered the woman.

“That’s a shame but I understand. Thank you for picking up my call, Ms. Lee.” Kriesha said and Sunmi bid her goodbye before she ended the call. Sunmi shook her head before going back to finishing her task at hand.

-- December 04, 2017, 02:00 PM --
-- A columbarium in Ilsandong-gu, Gyeonggi-do --

Sunmi entered the lavish building that contained the remains of precious people who have left the earth. She was here to visit M for the first time since he died a few months ago.  K told her that he had also asked Sejeong to drop by at an earlier time so Sunmi expected to see flowers when she got there. What she did not expect to see, however, was a tattered Cookie Monster doll that contained a band-air on one of its cheeks as well as another batch of fresh flowers. She thought the doll was familiar but didn’t dwell on it. She paid her respects and thanked the man for his loyalty to K. She then left the building and went into another location to meet with K.

-- December 04, 2017, 02:00 PM --
-- Sinsu-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul --

Sehun arrived at the address that someone told him to come to last night. He could hear people talking inside the gate. He pushed it open and saw his hyungs.

“We're not exclusively employed by K.” He heard Kwangsoo say.

“That's not what I meant. This place is…” Jaesuk started saying but stopped when he saw Sehun.

“What?” He asked instead.

“What are you guys doing here?” Sehun asked them.

“Sehun is here too.” Jongmin pointed out. The other guys seemed very confused about the turn of events, they all thought this was a personal request, now it seemed to be a request for the whole team. Soon, Sejeong arrived.

“Sejeong! Sejeong is here too.” Kwangsoo called out which made everyone turn to the girl.

“Sejeong-ah! You came here without even telling us?” Jaesuk asked her.

“I thought I had moved up to a different league.” Sejeong honestly said.

“I can understand some of us getting contacted for cases, but Kwang-soo and you are really--” Jaesuk started saying, looking at Jongmin and Kwangsoo but Jongmin cut him off.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“I don't get it either.” Sejeong teased Kwangsoo.

“Why are you staring at me? I'm not that bad. I'm not like him.” Kwangsoo told her, pointing at Jongmin.

“Minyoung is here too. Oh, my.” Kwangsoo was shocked when he noticed Minyoung’s outfit.

“I feel so unmotivated.” Jaewook told everyone.

“Do you have a date today?” Jongmin asked her.

“Why is everyone here?” Minyoung asked them.

“My gosh, why are you so dressed up today?” Jongmin asked her again.

“Why is everyone here?” Minyoung asked.

“Gosh.” Jaesuk said out loud as he loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter