(Episode 9) Chapter 39

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- December 05, 2017, 07:30 AM --
-- Lee Mansion, Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul --

Sunmi was just about done getting ready for the day when the PA Tablet in her room rang. She hurriedly pressed the answer button.

“Yes, Chunghee-unnie?” She asked the person on the other line.

“Miss Sunmi, Mr. Oh is here. The car you will be taking, as well as the driver, is ready as well.” Chunghee reported.

“Thanks, unnie. Please tell him I’ll be right down.” Sunmi answered as she hurriedly put on the rest of her accessories, as well as her shoes, before leaving the room. She carefully went downstairs to meet her boyfriend and saw her mom and dad in the living room talking to him.

“Appa, Eomma, don’t scare him away now.” She parents and boyfriend who looked at her as she entered the room and sat beside Sehun.

“Nonsense, Sunny. We were just talking about what you guys are doing today. I hear that you’re doing criminal transport?” Her dad asked her and Sunmi nodded her head.

“Well, it’s Yeonseok-oppa, that guy Kwangsoo-oppa and I worked with the first time I met the Mystery Club.” Sunmi told both her parents. Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed at her words but said nothing.

“Well, we’re not gonna hold you long. You still have to meet the rest of your team. Be safe you guys.” Her mom said as both teens stood up. Shin Ae gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek and a hug while she just hugged Sehun. Jun Ho gave Sunmi a hug and shook Sehun’s hand. The pair then walked towards the direction of the front door to leave.

“Those two look good together. I can’t wait to see what my grandchildren look like.” Shin Ae told her husband who rolled his eyes at her words.

“Yeobo, you’re still too young to be a Grandma. It’s still early, why don’t we make Sunmi a sibling instead?” He asked her and she laughed.

--- With Sehun & Sunmi ---

The two were already in the car and after telling the driver where to go, Sunmi cuddled up against Sehun as she wanted to doze off again. Sehun noticed this and spoke up.

“What time did you sleep last night?” He asked her.

“Not that late. I still feel tired, though. So I’m going to take this opportunity to nap. Wake me up when we get to where the others are.” Sunmi told him as she started dozing off, Sehun watching as she slept.

After a 10-minute ride, they arrived at the Cafe they agreed to meet up in yesterday. Sehun woke Sunmi up.

“Aein, wake up, we’re here. Let’s get something to eat so we can be back on the road and arrive in Pyeongtaek on time.” He told her and Sunmi slowly stirred. He got out of the car and assisted her and they both made their way to the cafe where everyone except Jaewook was already eating.

“Goodmorning, everyone. Where’s Jaewook-oppa?” Sunmi asked as she approached the table and Sehun went to the counter to order.

“You already know how he is, Sunmi-ah.” Jaesuk told her with an eye roll at the older man’s habits. Sunmi giggled as she took a seat at a table for two beside the table the group was in. After a few moments, Sehun arrived and set down a tray of food and coffees. Sunmi helped him unload everything before he took the tray to the counter. Sehun ordered two different breakfast meals and they halved it so they could each eat what the other was eating. It wasn’t long after they started eating that Jaewook arrived. He had decided to only order a sandwich and a coffee to go. The others were almost done eating so Sunmi and Sehun sped up as well.

“Are you guys ready to go?” Jaesuk asked everyone once he saw that they were all done eating. They nodded at him and they all stepped out of the cafe and got into the car, heading off to Pyeongtaek.

-- December 05, 2017, 09:10 AM --
-- Near Pyeongtaek Station, Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do --

The team now stood in a line near Pyeongtaek station, all of them awake and waiting for the police and Yeonseok to arrive.

“Why would Yoo Yeonseok turn himself in? I don't understand.” Jaesuk said out of the blue, the more he thought about it, the more none of it made sense to him.

“Neither do I.”

“Why would he?” 

“Why?” Came the responses from the rest of the team.

“After running away like that, why…” Kwangsoo tried to make sense of it as well.

“Exactly.” Jongmin agreed.

“Why do they want us to transport him?” Jaesuk asked the rest.

“I don't know.” Jongmin answered as everyone recalled the time that the police called them last night.

“I have no idea what is going on.” Jaesuk admitted.

“Why did he turn himself in?” Jongmin asked again.

“Why?” Jaewook added.

“It's a good thing anyway.” Sejeong, who was the only one in the group who did not meet him, spoke up, trying to hide a smile. Sunmi started to silently laugh at her friend’s face.

“You haven't seen him, right?” Jaesuk asked her.

“I will finally get to see him.” Sejeong answered with an excited tone.

“Why do you look so excited?” Kwangsoo asked her angrily.

“You know he is a criminal.” Jaesuk reminded her.

“I'm just happy about the jerk being arrested.” Sejeong came up with an excuse.

“Are you sure?” Jaesuk asked her.

“You don't usually wear pink.” Kwangsoo pointed out her jacket.

“You're dressed up today.” Jongmin added.

“Hyung,  you're not the one to say that.” Sejeong said as she shook Jongmin’s hand.

“What do you mean?” Jongmin asked her.

“You know.” Sejeong answered in a cute and teasing tone.

“What is wrong with her?” Kwangsoo asked as he pointed at Sejeong.

“Sejeong is being ridiculous. We're about to meet a criminal. Why would she be so excited?” Jaesuk asked.

“Well, even I can’t deny that Yeonseok-oppa is good looking. Just not my type.” Sunmi answered with a laugh which earned a look from Sehun as he pulled her closer to him teasingly. Everyone else laughed at the pair.

“By the way hyung, I brought the diary we found at the school.” Jongmin suddenly remembered, taking out the diary.

“Yoonha's diary.” Kwangsoo narrated. 

“We were looking at… Oh, I haven't seen this before.” Jongmin stated as he stared at one of the diary entries.

“What?” Jaesuk asked him.

“‘I passed by Dad's laboratory. It reminded me of him.’” Minyoung read the page. Sejeong vaguely remembered reading about an entry mentioning a laboratory when they were searching the school but they didn’t think much of it then. Jongmin flipped to the next page which was another one they did not remember. 

“There's another page.” Minyoung pointed out as she was beside Jongmin.

“What is it?” Jaewook asked as they all huddled closer together to hear better.

“‘I miss many people these days. My kindergarten friends, middle school teacher, and Seokie-oppa.’” Jaesuk read the diary entry before looking up at everyone in confusion.

“Seokie-oppa?” Sejeong pointed at him.

“Must be Yoonseok-oppa.” Sunmi murmured which Sehun heard.

“Jaesukie-oppa?” Jongmin asked.

“Yoo Yeonseok?” Sehun brought up the other ‘Seok’ that they knew.

“Yoo Yeonseok?” Jaesuk realized as well after hearing Sehun and everyone started agreeing.

“It could be him too.” Minyoung stated.

“That's right.” Sejeong agreed.

“The two feel so different.” Kwangsoo commented.

“Suddenly…” Jongmin said w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter