(Episode 6) Chapter 27

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- November 07, 2017, 05:50 PM --
-- Itaewon-dong, Seoul --

Jaewook’s team had left the workroom and were looking for Cafe See-through.

“Oh! Oppa, I found the address. It was near the workroom.” Sunmi told him and he had to drive to the place. Jaesuk called them.

“Yes, Jaesuk-ah.” Jaewook answered as Sehun picked up the call.

“Detective Ahn.” 

“Yes.”

“Where are you headed right now?” Jaesuk asked.

“We're going to the second location.” Jaewook stated.

“Oh, See-through?” Jaesuk asked.

“We're almost there. It was right next to the workroom.” Jaewook explained that they got a bit lost and had to turn back.

“Okay.” Jaesuk stated.

“What did you find at the first location?” Jaewook asked them.

“A scarf.” Jaesuk explained and proceeded to tell the story of how the other team at acting when they found the clue 20 minutes ago.

“The other team beat us here again.” Jaewook said as he saw the cafe with the genius team already inside.

“They're here. They came here first.” Kwangsoo stated.

“Welcome. Have a seat. Our waiters will serve you.” The man greeted them as they went inside the cafe.

“You guys were here.” Kwangsoo realized.

“We were with our team. We were discussing things.” Jaewook tried to explain why they were late when they left earlier.

“Order some coffee.” Lee Juck offered.

“Can we drink the coffee standing up? I like to just drink the whole thing in one go while standing up.” Lee Juck said as he walked away from the other team’s table, unknowingly heading towards Jaewook.

“Don't drink that. There's a drawing on it.” Jaewook told him.

“You surprised me.” Lee Juck replied, turning away as he drank the drink.

“He drank it.” Jaewook observed.

“Did you drink it all?” Jaepyung asked and Lee Juck nodded.

“Let's go.” 

“We're leaving.” Lee Juck stated.

“We already saw it.” John informed them as they went ahead.

“You already figured it out?” Kwangsoo asked.

“Yes.”

“You drank it too quickly.” Sehun told them.

“I drank it all in one go.”

“Hey.”

“Please wash this so they can't see it.” John said as he took the cup Lee Juck drank from and gave it to the waiter.

Once they left, Sunmi stood up and approached the waiters.

“Can I see your nails, please?” She asked politely and they all showed her their nails.

“Oppas, green grapes. This person's nails are what the painter’s nails looked like in the self-portrait.” Sunmi explained as the men gathered around her to see. Then, she took a seat at the table once again and looked at the menu. The men sat down as well.

“Her diary entry said she drank a painting filled with stars. From this menu, I can see that it’s Vincent Van Gogh. She was referring to his painting, ‘The Starry Night.’” Sunmi deduced. 

“It takes a while to make one, so we only offer one cup per group. I'll start making that right away.” The barista said and Kwangsoo stopped him.

“Hang on. Sorry, wait a second.”

“The director mentioned Leonardo da Vinci. When the director was talking about the painter, Vincent Van Gogh wasn't mentioned. Then isn't it unrelated to the painting?” Jaewook refuted.

“Yes, he did. However, we’re talking about the diary entry she wrote. If you look at the famous works of the artists here, Vincent Van Gogh is the one who has something related to a painting filled with stars. Oppas, do you trust me?” Sunmi asked them. Sehun immediately nodded while Kwangsoo and Jaewook were a bit hesitant. Finally, they nodded.

“Please give us a ‘Vincent Van Gogh’.” Sunmi ordered once again.

“All right.” The barista said as he made the drink. After a while, the drink was served to them and it was exactly like the one Lee Juck was drinking earlier.

“Ah! Sunmi, you really are heaven-sent. Without you, we probably would have ordered the wrong one and realized it later.” Jaewook told her and she blushed. She looked at the cup and took note of the color blue.

“So the color of her eyes is blue.” She stated.

“Let’s try to drink it. Maybe we can find something else at the bottom.” Jaewook suggested and Sunmi passed it to Kwangsoo.

“Sorry, oppa. I’m not looking to drink something hot right now.” She stated before standing up and asking the barista if she could order a boba.

“She’s a talented one, that girl. Who knows the kind of trouble we could have gone through if she wasn’t here.” Jaewook said. After a bit, Kwangsoo finished the drink and the three men looked inside the cup.

“I can't see anything.” Kwangsoo stated.


“Sunmi must have been right and it was the blue color we saw before drinking the coffee.” Sehun stated. That moment, Sunmi came back to the table, her drink in hand.

“Oh, oppa, you finished it. Did you find anything inside?” She asked and Kwangsoo shook his head.

“You were right, the blue we saw is the color of her eyes in the painting. ‘I felt like the color was completely conveyed in my eyes.’” Jaewook said as he read the clue again. They bid goodbye to the staff at the cafe and went to where the 8th clue led them which was a mini stop. Once they got in, they saw the other team was just about to leave.

“Oh! You guys are finished?” Sunmi asked with a smile.

“Yeahp, it looks like you’re losing to us, Mimi.” Namjoon called her by the nickname he used to use long ago.

“Don’t count us out just yet.” Sunmi laughed.

“We’ll get going. See you later, I hope.” Namjoon said as he left with his teammates. Sunmi entered the store to see Kangbuk behind the counter.

“Hello, Mr. Kangbuk. We meet again.” She greeted him.

“Welcome.” He greeted her back.

“I have a question. If we eat ramyeon, do we get a prize?” Kwangsoo asked him.

“The long-haired man took 3 minutes and 34 seconds. You must set a new record.” Kangbuk told them.

“Should I do it?” Jaewook asked and the rest of them encouraged him.

“Give it to me.” He volunteered.

“Okay. What?” Kangbuk was confused for a bit.

“Ramyeon.” Kwangsoo supplied.

“Ramyeon? Pick one.” Kangbuk told them.

“Pick a spicy one.” Kwangsoo suggested.

“Let's take an egg.” Sehun told him.

“An egg?” Jaewook said out loud as he changed the ramen.

“Let's go with a mild one.” He stated. They took a seat as Jaewook went to go cook the ramen.

“I hope Jaewook-oppa can do it.” Sunmi stated and everyone else nodded. Soon, he arrived and Kangbuk readied him.

“One. Two. Three. Start.” Kanngbuk started the timer and Jaewook started eating.

“I guess years of doing stakeouts made him eat a lot of Ramyeon.” Sunmi observed. They got even nervous as the 3-minute mark came, cheering for him and telling him to hurry up. In the end, he finished with 3 minutes and 30 seconds on the clock.

“Three minutes and thirty seconds.” Kangbuk declared.

“Okay!” Kwangsoo cried out as the others happily cheered. They went back upstairs where Kangbuk handed them a ring pop as a prize. Jaewook handed it to Sunmi who opened it and placed it on her finger.

“She must have put a ring pop on her self-portrait.” Sehun stated and everyone agreed. Sunmi began eating the ring pop. Soon, the other half of the team met up with them.

“Do you guys know where to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter