(Episode 9) Chapter 40

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were walking for a bit already and everyone wanted to make sure that Yeonseok couldn’t escape.

“Hold him. Hold him tightly.” Jongmin told Sehun and Kwangsoo.

“Yes, like that. He shouldn't move.” Jaesuk agreed with him. Soon they reached the train station and had to get onto the escalator.

“Surround him. He'll run away.” Jaesuk told the others and the girls decided to board first with Jongmin, Sehun and Yeonseok behind them and the other 3 men behind Sehun and Yeonseok so the suspect was surrounded.

“Let the ladies hold me.” Yeonseok asked Jaesuk who ignored what he was saying.

“Stay on alert. There are a lot of people here.” Jaesuk kept telling everyone. Once they got off the escalator, Jaesuk decided to hold onto Yeonseok himself. They came across a led board with the train schedules.

“Hey, 11:32 AM.” Jaewook pointed out to them so they’d know which track to go to.

“Okay. Let's go. Let's get it.” He said again as he continued moving towards the tracks area.

“We just have to transport him safely.” Jongmin stated as the team was riding another escalator, this time going down. They were surrounding Yeonseok once again with the girls in front, Sehun and Jaesuk on either side of him and the other men behind him.

“Right.” Jaewook agreed with Jongmin’s words.

“Don't try anything stupid. With my elbow… We've changed.” Kwangsoo told Yeonseok, demonstrating how he would hit the man if he tried to escape.

“Let's go.” Jaesuk told Yeonseok to keep him moving on the escalator until it reached the end.

“It's 11:29 AM now.” Sunmi told everyone. She then looked around and saw a snack stand, secretly walking over to buy food.

“I'm hungry. Is there a store around here?” Jaesuk asked out loud as he looked around.

“Over there.” Yeonseok answered him, pointing to a food stall.

“Where?” Jaesuk asked again.

“Is there?” Jongmin asked as well.

“I'm not talking to you. Be quiet.” Jaesuk realized who was giving him directions.

“It's just for us. Just be quiet.” Kwangsoo told Yeonseok as well.

“You're treating me so poorly.” Yeonseok told them.

“Eat in prison.” Kwangsoo answered.

“But… He should eat too.” Sejeong defended him.

“He shouldn't try to in.” Jaesuk answered.

“In any situation, you should eat first.” Yeonseok defended himself this time.

“What?” Jaesuk asked him.

“You and I seem to have a lot in common. Right?” Sejeong asked Yeonseok, having developed a crush on him.

“What?” The other men asked in disbelief.

“I can't believe her.” Jaesuk said out loud. During this time, Sunmi came back with food in a bag. She was already eating a kimbap roll.

“Oppa, eat. It’s almost lunch time.” She said as she offered teh kimbap she was eating to Sehun who smiled at her before taking a bite off it.

“Hey, Sunmi-ah, do you only think about Sehun? What about us?” Kwangsoo complained to her which made her laugh and she handed him the plastic bag which was filled with food. Everyone gathered around to dig in and Sunmi pulled 2 kimbap rolls from the bag. She handed one to Yeonseok  before looking at Sehun.

“Since you have to hold him, I’ll feed you, oppa.” She said which made Sehun smile at her. He could just use one hand but with Jaesuk distracted as well, he didn’t want to risk losing his hold on Yeonseok. Yeonseok watched the pair interact before butting in.

“Can you feed me too, Sunmi-ah?” He asked and she looked over at him with wide eyes. Sehun pulled him back unhappily.

“Hey, hyung, Sunmi’s my girlfriend. Go find someone else.” He told Yeonseok who laughed at him.

“Ah, little Sunmi grew up in the last few months, huh?” He teased and she blushed a bit but decided to ignore his words and focused on feeding Sehun. After a few minutes, the train arrived. By that time, they were all done eating.

“Train number 1206 that is bound for Seoul which will be departing at 11:31 will arrive at the train station at 11:53.” They listened to the announcement as the train rolled in.

“It's this one.” Yeonseok told them as they came across the right car of the train. Everyone got on.

“It's so cold outside. It's warm in here. It's nice.” Jaesuk complained as the warm interior of the car greeted them.

“The heater is on.” Jongmin narrated as everyone took their seats.

“I'm so relieved. I was worried something would happen. I've been on alert the whole time.” Jaesuk told the team as the train began to move. Everyone else agreed and shared their thoughts regarding the whole situation as well. Meanwhile, Sunmi, who was sitting in front of Yeonseok, looked at everyone in the car. She saw a man sitting alone and a man and woman seated on the aisle across him. She looked at her group and saw that one was missing.

“Where’s Jaewook-oppa?” She asked herself and right on cue, Jaewook entered the car, laughing by himself.

“What's wrong?” Jaesuk asked him.

“I was trying to open the door the wrong way.” Jaewook explained and reenacted how he was trying to open the door. Everyone laughed at him, Yeonseok being the loudest.

“I haven't been on a Mugunghwa train for a long time.” Jaesuk shared his thoughts to everyone.

“I’ve only been on a train outside of Seoul City a handful of times.” Sunmi admitted.

“That’s because you’re daddy’s princess.” Sejeong and the others laughed while Sunmi blushed. 

“What time are we arriving in Seoul again?” Jaesuk asked them.

“Around 12 PM.” Jongmim answered.

“You will answer our questions when we arrive?” Kwangsoo asked Yeonseok.

“Just tell us now.” Jaewook told him.

“Yes.” The others agreed.

“I've been watching your investigation process. The treasure hunt in Jeju Island…” Yeonseok started enumerating.

“How do you know that?” Kwangsoo asked him. Yeonseok turned to him and said.

“You were accused of murder too.”

“You know that?” Some of the guys asked him.

“I know a lot of things, but… I'll tell you the rest when we arrive.” Yeonseok told them after holding in suspense for a few moments.

“Then what's the point of knowing a lot?” Jaewook asked, irritated.

“Let's give up.” Jaesuk stated.

“I'm not asking him anymore.” Jongmin agreed.

“I guess this is his way of making sure we transport him safely to his destination.” Sunmi spoke up with a laugh and Yeonseok sent her a wink which made Sehun elbow him on the side. All of a sudden, he stood up and everyone was immediately on high alert.

“Where are you going?” They all asked.

“I have to use the bathroom.” Yeonseok said with a laugh.

“You can't. Stop being absurd.” Jaesuk told him.

“Can't I even go to the bathroom?” Yeonseok asked him.

“No. Someone should accompany you.” Jaesuk answered.

“What? To the bathroom?” Yeonseok asked in disbelief.

“I almost hit you. But I didn't.” Kwangsoo told him once Yeonseok was seated once again.

“Right? I could have kicked you.” Jaesuk added, demonstrating what he was going to do.

“We reacted right away. We have changed.” Jongmin warned Yeonseok. The whole time, Sehun was still looking at Yeonseok suspiciously. It didn’t help the fact that he looked like he was flirting with Sunmi earlier.

“Why are you looking at me so suspiciously?” Yeonseok asked him once their eyes met. Sunmi turned back to look at the both of them and started giggling to herself.

“It was because you were flirting with Sunmi earlier.” Sehun defended himself.

“Oppa, he was not! And besides, even if he was, I have you.” Sunmi defended.

“But by the way, you two look alike. They look alike. They look like brothers. ” Jaesuk pointed out the similarities that Sehun and Yeonseok had.

“To be honest, the three of us look alike.” Kwangsoo stated, and the women started giggling.

“What?” Jaesuk asked in disbelief.

“I mean, a little. I was hesitant to say it.” Kwangsoo explained.

“I'm out of here.” Yeonseok jokingly said.

“Stop provoking the criminal.” Jaewook told Kwangsoo.

“What? I didn't.” Kwangsoo defended.

“I'm leaving. I'm out of here.” Yeonseok joked, once again.

“Such nonsense might lead to another crime.” Jaewook told Kwangsoo.

“Hyung, you're wrong.” Sejeong .

“Wait and see.” Kwangsoo told her.

“You look like Jaesuk.” Jongmin told Kwangsoo.

“Gosh.” Jaesuk reacted.

“In my opinion, I think those who look alike are sitting together.” Kwangsoo stated.

“Wait.” Jaesuk started saying but was cut-off by Jaewook standing up next to Kwangsoo.

“What? I might take my hands off this case.” Jaewook told him in a joking manner.

“Come on.” Kwangsoo told him to loosen up.

“We are approaching Suwon Station.” The announcement came overhead.

“We're in Suwon now.” Sunmi repeated.

“The train is supposed to stop here, right?” Jaewook asked everyone.

“Yes. Of course the train is supposed to stop here.” Jaesuk laughed a bit as even the train was suspicious now.

“Stay on alert.”  Jaewook reminded everyone.

“Why?” Kwangsoo asked him.

“In movies, cars turn over and enem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter