(Episode 2) Chapter 7

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s huge.” Jaesuk exclaimed.

“Something is written here.” He pointed out a sign and everyone gathered around it.

“It must have been easy so far. You need luck to find the treasure. Each passage leads to a hint. You need every hint to open the treasure chest.” Jaesuk narrated. They all looked at the maze-like passage in front of them.

“It looks like a Korean ladder game.” Sunmi immediately stated.

“You have to follow the passages.” Jongmin supplied.

“I never got to meet that man, but he must have been very wealthy.” Jaesuk told everyone.

“He prepared all this.” Kwangsoo added and everyone agreed.

“Well, who should go first?” Jaesuk asked.

“What about Sehun?” Minyoung volunteered.

“I choose number 5.” Sehun stated before he started following where path 5 led him.

“How do you do it?” Jongmin asked as they watched Sehun follow the path. Sunmi explained it to him.

“Go further in. Turn right.” Jongmin directed once Sunmi finished explaining it to him.

“Where am I supposed to go?” Sehun asked them.

“To the right.” Everyone responded.

“That’s how it works?” Jaesuk asked them and they nodded.

“Do we have to make turns?” Kwangsoo asked and Sunmi nodded at him as Jaesuk started making background music for Sehun, making Sejong follow his lead.

“So that’s how it works. Interesting.” Jaesuk observed.

“I guess no two people will end up at the same spot.” Jongmin said.

“You need luck.” Jaewook recounted what was written on the board.

“There is something here.” Sehun reported.

“What do you see there?” Kwangsoo asked.

“You stay there for now.” Jaesuk told him. They watched as he bent down for a bit before suddenly standing up.

“Is something wrong?” Sunmi asked as she looked at Sehun who looked like he freaked out over something.

“Hyung!” Sehun called out which caught everyone’s attention.

“Did you open it?” Kwangsoo asked. Sehun looked like he didn’t know how to explain his predicament.

“What’s in it?” The men started asking.

“I found something.” Sehun started.

“And?” Jaesuk asked.

“But I can’t take it out.” He continued.

“Why not?” Jaesuk asked.

“You have to see this.” 

“Take it out.” Kwangsoo asked.

“Hurry here.” Sehun invited.

“What could it be? I’m curious.” Jaesuk wondered. Kwangsoo couldn’t take it anymore and followed path 2 as the others discussed what Sehun could have meant. They observed what Sehun was doing.

“He’s looking very carefully.” Jaweook observed.

“It’s not gonna be snakes, is it?” Sunmi jokingly asked them and everyone shook their heads at her ideas. 

“What is it?” Jaesuk asked again.

“He can’t take it out?” Jongmin added.

“Why can’t you take it out?” They heard Kwangsoo ask Sehun as he neared the end of the path.

“Let me take care of it. Just a second.” Kwangsoo added as he walked faster. The rest of the team watched as Kwangsoo reached the end and looked into Sehun’s chest.

“Look at him. He is surprised too.” Jaesuk stated.

“What is it?” Minyoung wondered.

“I think we have to give up.” Kwangsoo informed them.

“Why?” Jongmin asked.

“Come take a look.” Sehun invited.

“This is frustrating.” Jaesuk said.

“What?” Jongmin asked the two guys.

“Kwangsoo, open your chest.” Jaesuk requested.

“I can just go straight.” Minyoung couldn’t wait anymore and went to path 1. The remaining members watched as she arrived at the other side and started screaming.

“What’s going on? What happened to Minyoung?” Jaesuk wondered.

“What’s that?” Jongmin and Jaesuk asked at the same time.

“What’s going on?” Jaewook asked as well.

“Maybe it really is snakes. Or some kind of reptile.” Sunmi hypothesized.

“I’m so curious.” Sejeong excitedly said.

“I hope there’s snakes. I want to try touching one.” Sunmi stated. Jongmin finally went, choosing path 6. Jaewook was just a few steps behind him, going into path 8.

“I’m going!” Sejeong told Jaesuk and Sunmi as she chose path 3.

“Sunmi, I’m going to go through path 7. You go through path 4 and I’ll start after you.” Jaesuk instructed her and Sunmi nodded. She slowly started walking and following the path which led her to the chest beside Sejeong’s. 

“Be careful when you open it, Sunmi. Something might explode and hit you.” Sejeong advised her. Sunmi nodded and carefully pulled the padlock off. She stepped backward the farthest she could and opened the chest. There was nothing but a compass inside.

“There’s nothing inside it but this, though?” Sunmi asked, confused.

“I think that’s what it meant by needing luck.” Sejeong commented. Meanwhile, Jaesuk had arrived at his chest and opened it. He got hit by some kind of white cream.

“Oppa, are you okay?” She asked as she tried to ask. Everyone was busy laughing and the men teased Jaesuk.

“You should have been careful.” Kwangsoo told him as they started to gather around.

“Let’s look at the clues. Sehun, what did you find?” Jaesuk asked him.

“Open it.” Sehun offered.

“What’s in it?” Jaesuk asked as he peeked inside, only to quickly shut it back closed.

“What’s in it?” Sejeong asked as well. 

“Is it snakes? A reptile?” Sunmi was excited as she approached. Sehun carefully opened it so everyone could see.

“My goodness.” Jaesuk almost cursed. Sunmi saw that it was a snake and wiggled excitedly.

“I want to touch it.” Sunmi said as she approached, only to be held back by Kwangsoo.

“It’s staring at Jaesuk.” Jongmin observed.

“Close it.” Jaesuk ordered.

“Close it. What if the snake gets out?” Jaewook freaked out and Sehun closed the chest.

“Why Jaesuk-hyung of all people?” Sehun asked as he watched Sejeong, Sunmi, and Kwangsoo help Jaesuk get clean. Minyoung was the one handling the tissues.

“You’re completely covered.” Sejeong pointed out.

“He chose the number himself. There were only two left and he chose the one Sunmi went to. Look at Sunmi, she’s the only one who got her compass without any problems.” Jaewook said.

“I guess I was just lucky.” Sunmi blushed a little.

“Are you usually unlucky?” Kwangsoo asked Jaesuk.

“Listen, it should have been someone else. Jongmin, for example.” Jaesuk mentioned.

“Mine was pretty nice.” Kwangsoo bragged, showing the pen and paper he found inside his chest.

“I can see that. What’s that?” Jaesuk said, taking the pen from him.

“Press it.” Kwangsoo instructed and Jaesuk pressed it twice before it shocked him. He slapped Kwangsoo due to his annoyance.

“Did it startle you?” Kwangsoo asked.

“I’m sorry. I lost it.” Jaesuk apologized.

“It felt weird. I kept pressing it, wondering why my finger was tingling.” Kwangsoo recounted.

“Jaesuk falls for every trick. He falls for it every time.” Jaewook teased.

“Gosh, we have to open that chest though.” Jaesuk pointed to the small chest Sejeong was holding.

“Maybe we need to combine our clues.” Jongmin suggested.

“Maybe.” Minyoung agreed.

“Every chest has a compass in it.” Kwangsoo observed.

“What should we do with my snake?” Sehun asked the others.

“We will have to give up on that.” Kwangsoo told him.

“Leave it alone.” Jaesuk added.

“Something is under the snake.” Sehun stated.

“Som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter