(Episode 3) Chapter 14

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 25, 2017, 02:30 PM --
-- Hallim Park, Jeju --

After a few minutes, they arrived at the park.

“The police are here as well.” Jaewook noticed.

“We are here.” Sunmi said as she got out of the car and looked around.

“He is live-streaming a show here.” Jongmin mentioned. Sunmi opened her phone to the SNS app and loaded Changmin’s broadcast.

“He’s cute.” She said, mostly to herself but she felt a presence beside her. When she looked up, Sehun was already looking down at her. She flashed him a smile as she held out her phone so he could watch the broadcast as well. They watched as he greeted his viewers

“Hello everyone! Changmin's All He Does Is Eat is live-streaming from a special location. Can you see it? You can probably tell where I am right away from what's behind me.” Changmin showed his background.

“To tell you the truth, I am at Jeju Island! Oh, my god. I am in the middle of a beautiful park.” He said in an excited tone. Once he said that the detectives sprung into action.

“He is in the middle of the park.” Minyoung stated. 

“The middle.” The others started looking around trying to see if they could figure out which way to go.

“There is a Dol Harubang.” Sejeong observed.

Sunmi, still absorbed in her phone, started writing a comment.

Oppa, you are handsome. Fighting!

“I want to give a heart to Lee Sunmi. ‘Oppa, you are handsome. Fighting!’” Changmin read out loud. And Sunmi laughed as Sehun took the phone from her to hold it instead.

“Ahn Jaewook wrote ‘Honey’. What? Ahn Jaewook wrote ‘Honey’. Jaewook is a man’s name.” Changmin mentioned on the broadcast. Sunmi laughed out loud as the others made fun of Jaewook.

“I found a Dol Harubang. I found it, but this one is… It's this one. You have no idea what it wants to say just by looking at his face, right? Ta-da! It's making a heart. It wants you to send me hearts. You can make me happy with just one heart.” Changmin mentioned and Sunmi reached over to Sehun to click on the heart icon. Sehun pulled the phone away from her.

“Ah, oppa!” Sunmi said with a laugh as Sehun tried to stop her from giving him hearts. 

“Stop it. This could be the criminal.” Sehun told her and Sunmi was reminded of the reason why they were looking for him.

“Right.” She said as she watched the broadcast again. ‘I don’t think it’s him, though?’ Sunmi thought to herself.

They reached a park map and gathered around it.

“A Dol Harubang that has a heart.” Jaewook reminded them.

“Jae-am Folk Village is that way. It's on the opposite side. Then we should go this way.” Jaesuk instructed as he pointed the others to a certain direction. They discussed it for a bit before deciding which path they were going to take. When Sunmi looked at the phone Sehun was holding, Changmin was now talking about the food he was going to eat.

“It's the popular seaweed soup with sea urchins and bibimbap.” Changmin narrated as he showed the camera his food and started eating it.

“That looks delicious.” Sunmi said, eyeing his food this time.

“I am used to seaweed soup with clam, but not sea urchin.” Changmin explained. Suddenly, he looked at someone off-camera.

“I am live-streaming a show.” He said before going back to explaining his food.

“I think Kwangsoo-oppa found him.” Sunmi observed as they continued walking hopefully to where Changmin was.

“The aroma of sea urchin is so rich that it might as well be sea urchin soup. I hope you will taste seaweed soup with sea urchin someday.” He said as he took a bite. Sunmi watched as he spoke to someone off cam again.

“What happened to your leg?” Then he looked back at the camera.

“I have a lot to eat today. Let's move to the second location. When we go there… Give me a second. When we go there, I will introduce an acquaintance of mine that I met yesterday. I think he is a bit embarrassed. It's okay. It's okay. As you can see, what are you doing? What are you doing? What are you doing? He wasn't like this yesterday.” The detectives watched as Changmin tried to film Kwangsoo who rolled on the ground and covered his face. Sejeong and Sunmi couldn’t help but laugh.

“All right. My goodness. Alright. I understand. Just give me ten minutes.” Changmin spoke to him as he carried on with the broadcast. A few minutes later, Jaewook got a call from Kwangsoo.

“Kwangsoo-ah. Where are you?” Jaewook called out in a low voice. 

“I’m at Osol-gil Two.” Kwangsoo told them.

“Osol-gil two?” Jaewook verified.

“I found Changmin. He is here.” Kwangsoo reported.

“He says Changmin is there. Let’s hurry up.” Jaesuk instructed and everyone started walking quickly.

“Let’s hurry up.” Sehun stated as he kept Sunmi’s phone in his pocket. Jaesuk, Sehun, Sunmi, and Sejeong were walking ahead of the others. They rounded a corner when police stopped them.

“We’d like to ask you some questions.”  The four of them stopped walking.

“What?” Jaesuk asked.

“Have you seen Lee Kwangsoo?” They asked.

“Lee Kwangsoo? We’ve seen his pictures on TV but we haven’t seen him. We’re tourists and we’ve been outside the whole day.” Sunmi acted as if she didn’t know him personally. Because of that, the police let them pass through although Jaewook, who was still on the phone with Kwangsoo almost got caught before he turned back to wait for Minyoung.

“That startled me.” Jaesuk said as they kept walking.

“Let’s take a right.” He pointed in a direction and they stood there waiting for Minyoung and Jaewook.

“Jongmin-ah. Police officers are heading towards Kwangsoo.” Jaewook reported once he reached the group.

“They haven’t spotted you, have they?” Jaewook asked him.

“I am lying down on the grass.” Kwangsoo reported.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter