(Episode 3) Chapter 15

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-- October 25, 2017, 05:00 PM --
-- Crime scene, Kwangsoo’s Lodging --

“It seems like they took the body. They must have done stuff here.” Sehun observed.

“That looks like ‘Woo’. It’s not an ‘S’.” Jaesuk said, pointing to the words on the sheets.

“Why would she have written ‘Woo’ first?” Sehun asked. Kwangsoo stared off into space before approaching the blanket on the floor and picking it up.

“I think we should look for things that are different from before.” Sejeong suggested.

“There's a lot of blood.” Sehun stated, looking at the blanket Kwangsoo picked up. Kwangsoo shifted through the blanket until he saw what looked like characters on the other end.

“Oh!” He cried out as he took a closer look which caught Sehun and Jaesuk’s attention.

“What is it?” They both asked, taking a closer look as well.

“I just got goosebumps.” Kwangsoo told everyone.

“Look. It’s Kiwoo.” Jaesuk said as he positioned the blanket just where the other letters were written on the bedsheet.

“Oh, my gosh. I'm getting goosebumps.” Minyoung shared.

“Lee Kiwoo.” Jaesuk read again.

“It’s Kiwoo-ah.” Kwangsoo declared.

“Lee Kiwoo is the killer.” Jaesuk said.

“Let's get him!” Jongmin said as they started to make their way out the door.

“Get him! But where did he go?” Jaesuk questioned.

“Gosh, why did she have to write his name like that?” Kwangsoo complained.

“We have to think about where he could have gone.” Jaewook instructed.

“We have to get him first.” Jaesuk insisted.

“They said that he just left.” Kwangsoo said.

“He might have gone to the airport.” Jaesuk suggested.

“Shall we look at other rooms too?” Sunmi suggested.

“Lee Kiwoo's room. Let's go to the room where he was. This was my room, let's go to his.” Kwangsoo instructed.

“Is there a second floor?” Jaesuk asked as he saw the stairs.

“There's a second-floor here.” Jongmin said as he and Jaesuk climbed up the stairs.

“Here's another room.” He mentioned once he reached the top and saw the bed.

“Do you see anything?” Jaesuk asked as they rummaged through the bed and pillows. He saw a notepad at the side and picked it up before turning it over.

“What's that?” Jongmin asked him.

“He wrote something here. There are marks left.” Jaesuk explained as he started shading the piece of paper to show the marks.

“He wrote something.” Jongmin explained to the others who just arrived.

“He ripped out the paper.” Kwangsoo guessed.

“‘Pier!’ It says, ‘7:30.’” Jaesuk read as he continued shading.

“The second pier?” Jongmiin couldn’t see clearly.

“The fifth pier. Jeju Port. Let's go.” Jaesuk said in an urgent tone as the detectives moved to go downstairs.

“At 7:30?” Kwangsoo clarified.

“Yes, at the port.” Jongmin answered.

“We don't have much time.” Kwangsoo said as he made his way downstairs as well.

“It's good we didn't go to the airport.” Jaewook stated as they all got out. Once they reached the car, Minyoung and Sejeong were already inside.

“We're already in the car. Jongmin-oppa, get in here as well.” Minyoung told him and he moved to enter.

“I'll drive.” Sehun volunteered.

“All right.” Jaesuk agreed.

“I'll be the guide.” Sunmi informed them before looking at Sehun.

“My phone.” She said as she held out her hand and he gave it to her.

“Come on, hurry.” Jaesuk told everyone.

“I'll drive fast.” Sehun informed everyone once they were on the road.

-- October 25, 2017, 06:58 PM --
-- Jeju Port, Jeju --

“We are here.” Jaewook pointed out as they entered the port area.

“This place is too big though.” Sehun mentioned.

“We have to go to the fifth pier.” Jaewook reminded them as Sehun drove to the fifth port.

-- October 25, 2017, 07:05 PM --
-- Jeju Port, 5th Pier --

The detectives finally arrived and got off the car as Sehun finished parking.

“This place is too big.” Kwangsoo observed.

“He must be around here somewhere.” Jaesuk guessed.
“Yes.” Jongmin agreed.

“We only have 30 minutes left to catch him.” Sejeong stated.

“We have less than 30 minutes left.” Jaewook said as he looked at the time on his phone.

“We have to find him quickly.” Sehun said.

“We should split up and look for him.” Sejeong suggested.

“I think we should split up.” Jaesuk agreed.

“All right, let's split up.” The detectives agreed.

“We will shout if we find him.” Jaewook informed as he walked away from the others. 

“Where could he be?” Sunmi asked herself as she thought of all the possible places he could hide.

“Inside the containers? Possibly. But, there are only a few open. In the shadows? But, with the number of people looking for him, he’ll likely be seen at one point. Then that only leaves…” Sunmi trailed off as she looked at the containers that were in front of her. 


She walked a little bit before she spotted an unlocked container. She opened the door and used the ledges that were there to climb up. She then started walking around on top of the containers. She then heard someone scream and she looked around, trying to see if they found Kiwoo already.

“Sunmi-ah!” It was Jaewook’s voice and Sunmi looked around her but couldn’t see anything.

“Yes, oppa?” She called back to him in a loud tone.

“What are you doing? Get down from there. That’s dangerous.” Jaewook told her.

“But Oppa, he could be using these containers to get around.” Sunmi told him. Unknown to her, Kiwoo was hiding behind a pile of rope nearby.

“You should have asked another guy to go up. You might fall and hurt yourself.” Jaewook called again.

“Okay. I’ll come down.” Sunmi agreed as she started to look for an open container nearby she can use to come down.

“Goodness.” Jaewook said as he looked around and couldn’t see anyone else aside from the team.

“You can't see him?” Jaesuk asked him.

“I can see everything below, but I don't see him.” Jaewook reported.

“Isn't it scary so high up?” Jaesuk deduced.

“I can't find him from here.” Jaewook stated. 

Sunmi was still trying to find a way to go back down. She could hear the others and guessed they were nearby. She finally found an open container and used the door to go down again. As soon as her feet touched the ground, though, someone grabbed her from behind and covered so she can’t scream. She began to struggle and was dragged as Kiwoo moved to hide behind a parked truck. She struggled a bit more and managed to loosen the hand that was covering while he was distracted, trying to see where the others were.

“Oppa!” Sunmi screamed which caught Jaesuk’s attention. He looked just in time to see Kiwoo push Sunmi to the ground and start running.

“There he is!” Jaesuk cried out as he ran after Kiwoo. He wanted to stop and make sure Sunmi was alright but he needed to catch Kiwoo first. Everyone started running after him.

Sunmi gritted her teeth in pain as she felt scratches on her thighs and hands. Her shoulder hurt from being hit against the truck when she got pushed. She brushed the pain aside and stood up to go to where the others were. When she got there, she saw that Kiwoo was able to get on the boat and that the others were stopped at the base of the stairs.

“Hello, officer. We are private detectives and we’re after that man. May I ask where this boat is headed?” She asked in English once she got to where the captain was.

“This is an international boat. It’s going to Canada.” The Captain informed her. Sunmi looked around at everyone who was out of breath.

“Geez.” They heard someone say.

“Over there. Hey!” Kwangsoo pointed at Kiwoo who was already on the deck.

“Come down here!” Jongmin ordered.

“You jerk!” Jaesuk called out.

“Kwangsoo.” Kiwoo called.

“Yes?” Kwangsoo answered.

“Stop drinking so much.” Kiwoo advised.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter