(Episode 9) Chapter 41

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We need to get off.” Jongmin stated.

“Okay, let's go.” Jaesuk said as he stepped off the train. 

“You guys, be careful. We should hurry.” Jaesuk instructed Jaewook.

“Right. Let's go.” Jongmin agreed, calling out Sejeong and Sunmi.

“Who am I going with? He's going with me?” Jaewook gestured to Jongmin.

“Yes, since he's wearing a cowhide leather jacket.” Jaesuk told him.

“We have no choice.” Kwangsoo added.

“Gosh, he's…” Jaesuk started saying while Sunmi’s phone beeped.

“Jaewook-oppa, my car is here. I’ll drive us.” Sunmi stated as she started heading a certain direction.

“Let's go.” Jaewook told Sejeong and Jongmin, although the latter with hesitancy.

“You should trust me.” Jongmin told him.

“Sejeong, let's go and follow Sunmi.” Jaewook called out to the other girl. 

“He only cares about Sejeong and Sunmi.” Jaesuk commented. Sunmi was walking slightly ahead when Yeonseok was suddenly beside her.

“Oppa? Aren’t you supposed to be on the 671 bus?” She asked him as she stopped walking and at the same time, Sehun noticed that Yeonseok was now standing beside Sunmi.

“Yeonseok-hyung, where are you going?” He called out as he jogged towards Sunmi and Yeonseok.

“Yeonseok-hyung! You're coming with us.” Kwangsoo called out to him as well.

“Where are you going?” Sehun asked him as he held one of Yeonseok’s arms.

“What's up with you? He goes off whenever he can.” Jaesuk stated as he held the Yeonseok’s other arm. Sunmi, Sejeong, Jongmin and Jaewook exited the station and made their way to the parking lot where a car was parked with Minsung, Sunmi’s head guard standing there.

“Oppa, thanks for coming on short notice.” Sunmi thanked the man once they approached him and he handed over the keys.

“Miss Sunmi, your father is asking what the situation on the transport is.” Minsung asked her as she opened the car and everyone else got on.

“Not good. Someone powerful is behind the scenes controlling this transport so we can hand over Yeonseok-oppa to them. We’re dealing with a situation right now. I’ll let you guys know if we need any help.” Sunmi told him and he nodded before approaching another vehicle and getting on. Sunmi watched as the other vehicle drove away before getting in her car, behind the wheel.

“Can someone tell me the address to where we’re going?” Sunmi asked as she loaded up the GPS on her car. Sejeong, who was sitting in the passenger’s seat, helped her enter the address.

“This is a different car. Is it yours?” Sejeong asked her.

“It’s family owned. I asked them to bring a bigger one in case everyone needed to ride the vehicle.” Sunmi answered as she adjusted her mirrors and her seat as well.

“Okay, everyone fasten your seatbelts. We’re going.” Sunmi let them know as she adjusted her safety belt to get comfortable and started driving away from the parking lot.

“Do you guys think the bomb threat is real?” Sejeong asked everyone in the car.

“Well, we don’t know who we’re dealing with but we have to take this as a real threat. We don’t know what they’re capable of.” Jaewook answered her and Sunmi nodded. 

“We’re looking for a tall and good-looking man, right?” Sunmi asked them and Jongmin nodded.

“It’s not easy to be tall and handsome. Look at Kwangsoo, it’s difficult.” He commented and Sejeong laughed a bit.

“Yes, he’s lacking something.” She added.

“Kwangsoo-oppa is handsome in his own right.” Sunmi defended with a small laugh, Sejeong and Jongmin laughing along with her. She continued driving to the restaurant and after about 10 minutes, they reached their destination.

“There it is.” Jaewook pointed out the building and Sunmi made a move to park her car.

“We're here?” Jongmin asked as he looked at the building.

“Let’s go.” Jaewook told the team and everyone got off.

“It's this building.” Jaewook pointed to the building in front of them. Sunmi looked around at the surrounding buildings and commented.

“If a bomb really goes off here, it's going to be a disaster.”

“It is.” Everyone else agreed.  

“Let's go inside.” Jaewook instructed as he led the way in. Suddenly, Sunmi’s phone started ringing.

“Oppa, I’ll answer this call first and catch up with you guys inside.” She told Jaewook who nodded at her before leading Sejeong and Jongmin inside the restaurant.

“Hello?” Sunmi answered the call which came from an unknown number.

“Subject 1. It’s nice to finally get in touch with you.” The person on the other line said.

“Who is this?” Sunmi asked, looking around to see if there was anyone suspicious in the area.

“You don’t need to know who I am as of yet. I need you to listen to me carefully. Follow the instructions that I’ve given the group. You will meet me soon. Whatever happens, you need to go with Yoo Yeonseok.” The person on the other line instructed.

“And if I don’t?” Sunmi asked in a threatening tone.

“Well, you don’t want anything to happen to your precious teammates, right? I have people watching all of you, remember that.” They threatened back.

“If you hurt them, I swear I’ll--” Sunmi started saying but the person cut her off.

“You can’t do anything, Subject 1. You don’t even know who I am or what I can do. Follow the instructions or else someone gets hurt.” The person threatened before ending the call. Sunmi stared at her phone for a few moments, a serious expression in her face before she sighed out loud and made her way into the restaurant. 

“Hello.” She greeted the man at the counter with a small smile.

“Welcome. Party of 1?” The man asked her and she shook her head.

“I actually came with friends. They came in a few minutes before I did?” She asked and the man made a sound of realization.

“Oh, they are already upstairs. I am just preparing their order.” The man gestured towards the stairs.

“Ah, sir, please charge whatever they ordered in my card. Can I use the restroom first?” She asked and handed her card over. The owner showed her where the restroom was and once Sunmi got out, the man handed her back the card. 

“The food is already upstairs, Miss. Enjoy.” The owner told her with a smile.

“Thank you.” Sunmi thanked the man as she made her way up the stairs to where Jaewook, Jongmin and Sejeong were at. Once she reached the stairs, she saw the three of them eating already.

“Sunmi-ah, hurry up. The food’s delicious.” Jongmin waved her over. Sunmi laughed as she took a seat beside him.

“Aren’t we supposed to be investigating? What’s this?” She asked as she saw the rib bones on the table.

“It’s a clue that the man we’re looking for left behind. We noticed that the owners took away two bones so that’s not the complete clue.” Jaewook kept her up to speed.

“We’re eating right now to make the two bones, so dig in.” Sejeong told her as Sunmi laughed before using her chopsticks to take one of the pieces on the grill.

“This is yummy.” Sunmi said as she started to dig in as well.

“Detective Ahn, eat a big one. Eat them, and we can add two more.” Jongmin told Jaewook. After a while, the three were finished eating while Sunmi finished the last of the ribs on the grill.

“Okay, let's say we have two more bones.” Jaewook said as he held one of the bones.

“This could be letters or it could be numbers.” He continued to say.

“It could be an address or a name.” Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter