(Episode 6) Chapter 26

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s try to figure them out one by one.” Jaesuk told everyone.

“The Itaewon that Hayoung introduced me to was, indeed, See-through. I decided to drink a cup of painting. After I drank the painting filled with stars, it felt like the color was completely conveyed in my eyes.” Sejeong read the first clue out loud.

“I think that the color she saw in the drink is talking about the color of her eyes.” Minyoung stated and everyone agreed.

“The way she wrote the first sentence was weird. Can we try looking up See-through in Itaewon?” Sehun asked as he took out his phone. After a few moments, he found it.

“It’s a cafe in Gyeongnidan-gil.” Sehun reported.

“Okay, let’s talk about who goes where after we solve the others.” Jaesuk suggested.

“She has an unconventional appearance, and the drawing on her fingernails reminded me of my childhood days. HSFFO HSBQF.” Minyoung read the second entry this time.

“What does that mean?” Jongmin asked, confused on what the random letters meant.

“Geez, this is too…” Jaesuk trailed off, hating the fact that they had to think about it more. Sunmi looked at the set of letters and her mind ran through all the possibilities of what it could be.

“Oh! I know this, you need to replace the letters with the letter before it to form the hidden words.” Sunmi stated and everyone looked at her.

“H S F F O. That’s GREEN. Next, H S B Q F. That’s GRAPE. Green Grape.” Sunmi stated and that’s when everyone got it.

“Ah! The English letters…” Kwangsoo said as he stared at the paper Sunmi showed them.

“This is a Caesar cipher, a method used during the Second World War where you have to replace each letter in the text with a letter in an agreed-upon number up or down the alphabet.” Sunmi explained and the other detectives made noises of realization before nodding.

“In her diary entry, she was talking about her nails. So, her nails have green grapes depicted on them?” Sejeong suggested and Sunmi nodded in agreement. 

“So, the obvious addresses stated in the entries are Itaewon and Insadong. We’ll split into 2 teams and go to one location each.” Jaesuk instructed.

“We have to go to Insadong and Itaewon now, right?” Sehun asked Jaesuk to which he nodded.

“Sehun-ah, Sunmi-ah, what should we do? Go?” Jaewook stated as he stood up and fixed his jacket.

“Yes.” Both detectives in question said together.

“Let's go.” Jaewook told them. He then looked at the remaining group.

“One more person. Who wants to go?” He asked.

“I'll go.” Kwangsoo volunteered.

“Yes, Kwangsoo, you go.” Jaesuk encouraged.

“No. Someone who really trusts me.” Jaewook stated. It was obvious that he wanted either Sejeong or Minyoung to go with his group. At this point, Sunmi was beside Sehun, the both of them looking at his phone, where pictures of the diary entries were.

“Did you get all of them?” She asked him and he nodded.

“Let's go!” They heard Jaewook say and they started walking after him.

“Come on, Kwangsoo-ah. Let's go.” They heard Jaewook call Kwangsoo but Sunmi was still checking out the other clues. 

They rode Jaewook’s car with Sehun in the passenger’s seat and Kwangsoo and Sunmi in the back. They were currently stuck in the middle of traffic when Kwangsoo spoke up.

“Why did you try to leave without me earlier?” He asked Jaewook.

“I don't even know where to begin.” Jaewook answered him which made him laugh in disbelief while Sehun and Sunmi laughed silently as well.

“Okay, I'm really going to do it today. I really am.” Kwangsoo determinedly said.

“Oppa, fighting!” Sunmi cheered him on.

“Find the Trojan horse.” Jaewook asked him.

“Sehun-ah, please read it for me.” Kwangsoo asked him.

“Okay. ‘I found some of my old works in the workroom where I first started to learn art. I made it thinking of the Trojan Horse. My pet is always here with me. I’ll make sure to paint my pet in the painting.’” Sehun read.

“There’s also another one about the memos, right?” Jaewook asked and Sehun nodded before reading it.

“‘I visited my workroom for the first time in a long time. My secretary mixed up the schedule memo I wrote. I'm not sure I’ll have the time to sort it out.’” He read. Everyone in the car was silent, trying to figure out what the clues could mean and what awaited them when they got to Cesar Elle Kim’s workroom. 

-- November 07, 2017, 05:13 PM --
-- Cesar Elle Kim’s workroom, Itaewon-dong, Seoul--

“At the corner of the alley. That's it.” Jaewook pointed out as he parked the car and everyone got out.

“There are art pieces up there. There is a painting up there.” Kwangsoo said, pointing to the top of the building.

“Let's check the top and go down.” Jaewook suggested.

“Okay.” Sehun answered as they all went up the flight of stairs leading to the rooftop.

“What is it?” Kwangsoo asked as he reached the top and looked around.

“ Look.” Jaewook started walking towards something and Kwangsoo followed.
 
“Is this the schedule? What is that? Hold on. Oh, this is the schedule.” He stated once he took a closer look.

“They are all numbered. From one to five. Doesn't it mean the order is wrong?” Sehun asked.

“Yes.” The other three agreed with him.

“They are all mixed up.” Kwangsoo stated.

“Tennis appointment with Ayeong at 10 a.m. Send the artwork that was sold.” Jaewook read.

“Oppas, come up here. There’s a horse here.” Sunmi said as she left the men behind to climb up another set of steps.

“The Trojan horse?” Jaewook asked, looking up.

“It looks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter