(Episode 1) Chapter 3

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunmi was driving with Kwangsoo in front and Yeonseok at the back.

“Ah, I wanted to go to the pole dance studio.” Kwangsoo sulked and Sunmi laughed at him. She turned right and Yeonseok started looking out the window.

“It’s near here somewhere… I found it! Brother Catering!” He called out as he pointed to the catering place. Sunmi parked the car in a designated area and they hurriedly exited.

“Wait, hold on, hold on.” Yeonseok called out and they started walking slowly.

“They’re doing something! What’s going on?” Kwangsoo wondered. Parked in front of the building entrance was the same truck that was at M’s house earlier.

“That’s the truck! It’s the same plate numbers.” Sunmi told them.

“Hello, sir!” Kwangsoo greeted the man who was checking on the truck.

“May I ask you something? I was wondering if this morning...” Yeonseok asked the man but was distracted when he saw a string attached to the back of the truck.

“Wait, what is this?” He asked as he bent down to check.

“Oh, because of the previous order, this got tied around the truck so I’ve been working to pull it out.” The man explained to them.

“What is this?” Kwangsoo asked him.

“It looks like a wire of some kind.” The man answered.

“But why is this tied up?” Sunmi asked them.

“I think it just got stuck from somewhere.” The man supplied.

“Did you do a catering near Namsan today by any chance?” Yeonseok asked the man.

“Yes, we did.” He confirmed.

“The blond worker!” Kwangsoo described.

“His shift ended a while ago.” The man informed them.

“So, to be honest, we were at that party and there was a gunshot…” Yeonseok started saying but Sunmi stopped him.

“Oppa, he might be part of it.” She whispered to him.

“Did something happen?” The man asked the three.

“It's just… I don’t want to doubt you, but…” Kwangsoo said with a serious look on his face.

“Loosen up, man.” Yeonseok chided.

“No, it’s just that he looks super suspicious.” Kwangsoo said, gesturing to the man in front of them.

“Where’s the guys with blond hair, by the way?” Sunmi asked the man.

“He’s inside.” The man showed them through the door.

“Isn’t it him over there?” He said, pointing somewhere towards the back of the room.

“Where?” 

“Over there, in the back.” He directed and the three of them went to the direction the man gestured to.

“Isn’t it him?” The man pointed once again and when the blond guy saw them, he immediately made a run for it.

“Hey!” All three of them called out to him. They chased him through the back of the building with Sunmi in front, Yeonseok right behind her, and Kwangsoo behind them. Sunmi was right behind the blond man’s heels and she was so focused that she didn’t notice that Yeonseok and Kwangsoo were no longer behind her.

“Oppa, just a little bit more.” She stopped running to catch her breath and looked behind her only to discover that the men were not there.

“Hey! Stop right there!” She called out to the blond man as he continued to run farther away from her. Pretty soon she heard a noise from behind and realized that Yeonseok and Kwangsoo had seen them from afar.

“Oppas, let’s corner him!” Sunmi told them and in the end, they caught the blond guy.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to!” The blond guy started saying as Yeonseok and Kwangsoo held him.

“What do you mean?” Yeonseok asked him.

“It was so pretty.” The blond man cried out.

“What was pretty?” Sunmi asked him.

“Rena?” Yeonseok asked him.

“No.. the…” The blond man tried to explain.

“M?” Kwangsoo asked him.

“Oppa, what are you saying?” Sunmi laughed at him.

“You saw us, right? You ran away!” Kwangsoo asked and the guy shook his head.

“You did.” Yeonseok insisted.

“I didn’t. I just took the watch, that’s all.” The blond guy admitted.

“Watch?” Sunmi asked.

“You met eyes with me, though.” Kwangsoo insisted.

“Who are you?” The blond guy asked.

“Gosh, hey.” Kwangsoo said and slapped the guy.

“Oppa!” Sunmi said in alarm.

“You saw me, right?” Kwangsoo asked again.

“I think so.” The guy answered this time.

“You did, right?”

“Yes.”

“I knew he needed a beating.”  Kwangsoo said as he hit the guy again. Sunmi just watched as the two men interrogated the guy.

“How long have you been working at Brother Catering?” Yeonseok asked him.

“About 2 months.” 

“How did you end up at the venue today? Were you just…” Yeonseok asked another question.

“Oh, the guy who hosted the party today,  he called me beforehand. He said when two gunshots go off, take the catering car and go.” The guy explained.

“Who? Who said that?” Kwangsoo asked.

“The party…”

“The host?” Sunmi spoke up this time.

“Yes, the host. The young one.” The blond guy said.

“Young?” Sunmi clarified.

“Yes. Someone who sounded young called me.”

“A young person? M is not young though!” Kwangsoo supplied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter