Chapter 24

Our Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why isn’t she waking up yet….” Moonbyul slowly asked her wife who is sitting beside her. Head’s on her shoulder. Hands intertwined together playing with each other fingers.

 

3 days have passed, there is still no sign of waking up from their youngest daughter. Solar informed their family about the incident. Yonghee and Seulgi immediately fly to Perth together to help with what is needed. Right now, Wheein is staying with both her aunts at the hotel. They have to transfer Hyejin to Perth General Hospital as the facilities at Rottnest Island is insufficient.

 

They almost lost their heart on the second day Hyejin in the hospital when one of the monitor besides her bed start beeping loudly. Moonbyul remember frantically calling for the nurse to immediately attend to their daughter. The married couple are then pushed out of the room to give space for the doctor and nurse to attend the little girl.

 

Flashback

“Her oxygen count decreases hence why the sudden beeping from the monitor. We have to monitor her more closely afraid that if things like this happen again, she will meet with…” The doctor inhaled large amount of air feeling guilty to be saying what he is going to say next.

 

Moonbyul and Yongsun look closely at the doctor urging him continue with his words.

 

“I’m afraid she will meet with a brain damage that will affect her whole life”

 

Moonbyul knees buckled learning about that new fact that was thrown to them by the doctor. Yongsun hold her wife tightly afraid if she let go her wife is going to fall down.

 

“As of now, she is fine. We will try our level best to make sure that incident like this didn’t happen again. My nurse is going to do regular check up on her so that she will be just fine”

 

 

Two days passed since that incident. The couple are now sitting together at the bed side looking longingly at their still sleeping daughter. They went out for a while to have their breakfast before rushing back to watch over their daughter. If it is not for Yongsun, Moonbyul might still be sitting staring at her daughter without eating anything.

 

“Baby, we need to eat so that we can look after her without any problem…” Yongsun pulled her wife to follow her to the cafeteria to have their breakfast together. “Byul.. pleaseeee”

 

Lost to her wife whining, Moonbyul comply and follow her wife to have their breakfast.

 

This is their routine since Hyejin transfer to Perth General Hospital. During day time they will sit on her bed side and pray so that their daughter will wake up. Moonbyul will always be the one staying behind in the hospital during night because she is afraid anything will happen if she left her daughter alone. Yongsun despite wanting to stay with her wife, Moonbyul will always ask Mr Edward to send her back to the hotel.

 

“Wheein need you okay baby? I’ll be fine here looking after her. Anything I will let you know” was what Moonbyul will always tell her wife. Yongsun gave up and just follow to what her wife want.

 

“Yong…”

 

“Hmm”

 

“She will wake up… right?”

 

“Of course! She is our daughter. She will not back down that easily”

 

“I hope so..”

 

“Byul, have faith. Everything will be alright soon”

 

“If only I listen-“

 

“Byul stop, we have talk about this so many times already. It is not your fault okay?”

 

“But if I listen and went out with you she won’t be there lying, lifeless!” Moonbyul said almost shouting feeling frustrated with her daughter health progress.

 

“Byul.. No one is asking for this to happen.. We didn’t expect that things will turn out to be like this. Please don’t punish yourself like this…” Yongsun sadly said looking at her wife. Eyebags under her wife’s eyes shows how she was not able to get a good night sleep since Hyejin is admitted to the hospital.

 

“Hyejin she…”

 

“Baby calm down..” Yongsun hug her wife rubbing her back hushing her down. Yongsun felt terrible looking at her miserable wife. “Hyejinnie will wake up soon. I can feel it..”

 

“I wish you were right…”

 

That evening Yonghee and Seulgi came to the hospital with Wheein. The two have been such a good support for the couple helping looking after Wheein bringing her out so that she will not feel lonely because her twin sister is not beside her.

 

Wheein cried on the second day after waking up alone in her room. Both her aunts have a hard time trying to sooth the little girl down. Wheein is not used to not seeing her little sister hence why she felt weird being alone and started crying.

 

“Look who came today!” Yonghee excitedly said after sliding open the door to Hyejin’s room. “Wheenie is here!!”

 

Moonbyul and Yongsun head shoot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter