Sweet Memories [Youngjae]

We Fell in Love [a collection of oneshots]

 

Description: This might get a bit confusing, I hope you follow though ! Sorry for all the grammatical errors, I have a love for run on sentences.  

 

 

They say when you love someone, that you put them before yourselves, that their happiness and their wellbeing should be your priority. Well then, in that case, we both made the ultimate sacrifice of love; let’s just say we’re no longer boyfriend and girlfriend.

 

Youngjae and I first met at an electronic shop. Now, before you start making any assumptions about me being a total geek or something of a similar sort, I’d just like to say that I was there to pick up a gift for one of my friends- ok and maybe I really wanted to check out the videogames (what exactly is this hype all about battlefield 3???). But back to the actual story, here I was minding my own business when this klutz of a guy bumps right into me and drops all his stuff. And as if the world depended on it, he then proceeded in nonstop apologizing and bowing to me, and not wimpy bows, I’m talking about full 90 degree bows, seven of them to be exact. I practically had to shove him into a wall to get him to stop bowing. After reassuring him that it was perfectly alright, I left.

 

But this kid was like a disease I tell you. He kept showing up, I started to wonder if he was some sort of, you know, stalker.

He later told me that it was fate, I still, to this day, do not believe in that. Anyways, I wasn’t planning on it, but somehow, seeing Youngjae everywhere ended up in us becoming friends.

Well more than friends I guess, he started courting me from the first day he picked up the courage to come up and actually approach me.

 

On our first date, he brought me to the movies. Was I impressed? No. Did I enjoy the date? Sort of, the movie was quite good, and I have to admit, it was funny seeing Youngjae squeal at all the scary moments. Wimp, and he said he’d be the one protecting me.

 On our second date, he took me to an icecream parlor. Was I impressed? No. Did I enjoy the date? Yes, the parlor had sorbets, and oh how I love sorbets.

On our fourth date, he prepared a picnic in the park. Was I impressed? Slightly, no guy has ever prepared a picnic for me before. Did I enjoy the date? Yes, though his idea of singing to me while I ate was a bit on the awkward side, he claims he was setting a pleasant mood, it was quite the gesture, and that I can appreciate.

On our tenth date, he brought me to Lotte World. Was I impressed? Quite so, he insisted on going even though he seemed sick; he didn’t want to cancel on me. Did I enjoy the date? No, not at all, he puked after two rides and we ended up leaving.

On our eleventh date, he brought me to his house, where I continued to nurse him while he puked into a trash can, a scene that I really wish I could forget. Was I impressed? Definitely, I never knew a human being could heave up so much stuff. Did I enjoy the date? Yes.

In between puking sessions, this genius somehow had the grand notion that now would be the perfect time to ask me to be his girlfriend. I said yes. He smiled at me before puking in the trashcan again.

 

We were quite the couple for a while. Our lives, or rather our life, was the perfect image of absolute bliss.

Our connection, was in short, the best.

Our devotion to each other was absolute.

Our love was perfect.

 

But no relationship is without cracks. For me and Youngjae, they weren’t just cracks, we were separated by a huge fault.

And just like the big earthquake in San Francisco along the San Andreas Fault, out world came crumbling down.

 

I should’ve seen it coming. We never really had any common interests. He strived to become a singer, and me? I looked for something more realistic, and practical. We had different goals, different dreams. Neither of which, now that I think about it, included each other.

 

See, if you go back to the sacrifice of love thing I spouted at the top of this story, you’d see that things weren’t going to end up well. Youngjae, being the amazing person he is, wanted to give up his dream for me. And I? I didn’t want that. How could I ever stop him from fulfilling his dreams? What type of love would that be, other than a selfish one? And so the day he got into the company, I ended things.

 

The End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh my god, I can’t believe you just killed me off in your fanfiction, and that didn’t even sound like me” Youngjae said as he poked you in the ribs.

“HEY! I worked hard on this stupid fiction, see if I ever write about you again you ungrateful prick! And ow…that hurt” you replied with a pout.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry…” Youngjae apologized over and over again.

You pushed him softly into the wall, or more like the back of the couch, behind the two of you, he let out a breath “déjà vu, isn’t it,” you simply smiled.

 

“If I ever had a chance to go back to the day we first met, I’d make sure-”

Knowing where this was heading, you let out a soft “awwww” before he even finished his phrase.

“I bump into a nicer girl who doesn’t abuse me and write bad fictions about me” he finished before leaping off the couch and running away.

“YAHHHHHH!” you shouted, chasing him to his room before tackling him onto his bed.

Youngjae looked up at you, “but in the end, I know I’ll find my way back to you,” he murmured before pulling you close and giving you a soft kiss.

 

-x-

 

A/N: Hope this didn't disappoint too much x_______x and that it wasn't too puke inducing (c wut i did there herher)

Sorry if this was confusing, I was sort of thinking of pulling it altogether better, but then I had this grand notion that it'd be more fun if i tried sticking some inception in there, herherher a book within a book. Ok I'm lame. I'll stop talking now.

Comments would be most appreciated <3