Chapter 35

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

"I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! Aaaah!"

"It's not funny."

He's looking at me, annoyed, while I scrunched up my face and shook my head, mimicking his words just to . We just got off the Rollercoaster and I'm still cracking up at how Baekhyun screamed during the entire ride. Good thing everyone who rode with us were too scared to notice that it's an idol screaming along with them.

We have tried several rides after the Ferris Wheel. Since we don't want to get so much attention, we can't get into those extreme ones as everyone has their eyes on them. Also, both Baekhyun and I can't take such rides or we'll faint in the middle of it.

Still chuckling, I strode to catch up with his huge steps. "That was hysterical." Baekhyun huffs and even walked faster to leave me behind. "Aww, don't be shy about that, I was scared and screaming too." he only ignores me.

"Such a baby," I mouthed and pulled my phone out of my pocket, pressing the camera to take pictures of the sulking Baekhyun. "My man is upset." I switched into recording him trying to get away from me as fast as possible.

He was looking down, his cap partially covering his eyes and he must be so focused on getting away that he didn't see the girl coming up and bumped into her. "I'm sorry," he deepened his voice for it to be unrecognizable as he picked up the things that fell from the girl's arms. "I wasn't looking, I apologize."

"It's okay." she smiles and took her things from Baekhyun's hands. My eyes widened when her hand grazed over his and she looked up to meet his orbs with her sparkling ones. Girly giggles were heard somewhere ahead of them and when my eyes found where it came from, it was a group of girls looking at them as if they're manifesting for their seemingly love story to go on.

Oho! That's my man! I strode towards them and immediately wrapped my arms around Baekhyun's arm that was holding out to the girl, he didn't have any choice but to let go just so I could properly clung on to him. I tilted my head to look at the girl, raised my brow, eyes running up and down in a manner that I'm judging her whole existence, and while cryptically telling her to back off.

She gives me a dirty look and twirls around before stomping her way back to her group of friends. As soon as the group had vanished from our sights, awkwardness took over. My arms tensed around Baekhyun's and my head that was still tilting to the side, stiffened.

It was kind of rude for me to like that - actually I just don't have any idea how to get away with this awkwardness. I took a deep breath before turning to look at him, pressed one side of my cheek on his bicep and twinkled my eyes at him cutely accompanied by my lower lip pushed for a childlike pout. Ah, whatever! He was never swayed with what I usually show him, might as well try something he never saw from me before.

Instead, disbelief filled in his expression when he realizes that I'm trying to act cute, his mouth fell agape as his eyes stilled on mine. "What the... Hell?"

I guess no matter how hard I'd try to sway him with my charms, it would never work. I will never be that someone he'll like to be able to do so. I quickly untangled myself from him, avoided his gaze to look around and find something to help myself in getting away from what the heck I just did.

As my eyes roamed, I caught a glimpse of a kid holding an ice cream in her hand. I do need something cold that will cool down my whole being heating up. Without a second thought, I sprinted away from Baekhyun, cursing under my breath while figuring out where to buy that ice cream.

He could just tell me to stop than swearing at me? During the Jian era and I'm stuck behind, torturing myself by watching them flirt, he adored her when she acts cute for him with all that sweet smile and loving eyes as if that manipulative girl is the most precious that existed in this world.

I came into a halt and slumped my hands on the either sides of my hips. Of course he'd adore her when she does aegyo, he likes likes her! That may be the case but... "I'm way more adorable than Jian though!" my thoughts came out into words as I whipped my head to look back, hoping to see that he followed after me.

Nothing. And I must be too occupied by my thoughts that I didn't know. I stood still and dropped my hands on my hips and as I waited for Baekhyun to appear, I realized that I ran off to the part of the amusement park that I'm not familiar with. I want to go back to where I left him but I forgot the way to, every directions were suddenly confusing either.

So I decided to just stay on my spot and wait. A minute, five minutes and even ten but he's still nowhere to be seen! I can't call him since I have his phone with me and I don't want to move incase he knows where I went and will look for me right here.

Is he mad at me for teasing him? What if he went home and left me alone in this place? Such thoughts started invading me the longer I don't see him, that familiar feeling of panic seeps through the veins of my heart. "Maybe he's on his way," I tried to convince myself despite the anxiety growing in me.

I can't take it anymore! Just when I was about to take one step to leave and look for Baekhyun, I caught a glimpse of the string around my wrist. The girlfriend radar! I literally felt hope when I raised my hand for the strawberry balloon to float higher.

All around the place, my eyes went. I couldn't help the heavy sigh of relief from breaking out once I saw Baekhyun emerging from the crowd giving way as he passed by them.

Was I that in love with him? I've read about that moment when you only see one person standing out among the crowd, time running slow, everyone else disappeared. It was said that only then, you are looking at the person you're in love with. I don't deny that, I have always been in love with Baekhyun. But I never thought that when such time strikes, it would be so... Magical.

He was staring up at the balloon and slowly, he tilts his head down to confirm that it is what was tied on my wrist. When our eyes met, there was this tingle in my heart that's making it giddy, washing away the anxiety I felt when we were separated. We stood few feet apart, gazing at each other mindlessly. So... Is this love? I always say I'm in love with him, but I never really understood its perception as to why I could say so. I just purely love him.

Breaking our eye contact as he pulled his mask down, probably to assure it's him that I'm staring at, he looks away smirking shyly along with a shake of his head. Then he looks back at me and started taking steps towards where I am. Now I'm panicking for an unknown reason, my heart doubling its beat with every step he takes.

Of course I didn't want him to notice that so I pouted. "Baekhyun," and I cried out his name while running up with my arms reaching out to him, eventually meeting his approaching figure with a tight hug. I pressed my face against his chest, just to hide that I'm blushing out of embarrassment.

"You're scared of getting lost yet you run around as if you knew the whole place." one of his hands went up to the back of my head so he could caress my hair. "I got you, calm down now."

"I am not panicking," I lied, accompanied by a childish pout as I pushed myself away from him. "And I'm not scared of getting lost."

"You panicking with your arm upraised is hysterical though." seems like he isn't buying my lie when he carried on, "Don't lie to me, it doesn't seem like it is but I pay attention to whatever you tell me. I still vividly remember when you told me about how it scares you getting lost." he then tries to keep himself from giggling.

And he gazes up at the balloon and reaches a finger to poke it. "And you did a great job, too." he tells the innocent floating strawberry.

I squinted my eyes at him, slightly offended that he finds it funny that I panicked, but hearing his laugh changed my mind. "Okay, we're even now. Shall we proceed to the next ride?"

"Don't you want your ice cream first?" he showed me cup of ice cream he has been holding. "I know what you were looking for and I didn't know what flavor to get, so I got a mix of chocolate and vanilla."

That must be why it took him long to look for me. "Ooh, very charming, Mr. Byun." I took the ice cream from him, my eyes sparkling in amusement. "Just like what I wanted, thank you." then I cracked a smile for him.

He does a hand gesture, encouraging me to go to the bench that he spotted. As we walk, I noticed that he'd look at my back and when I turned my head to check what he's up to, he quickly retracts his hand to hide it in his pocket.

What is he planning to do?

"Oh my, we're you trying to pull my hair? Baekhyun that would be rude, especially when you don't have any reasons to do so!"

"No! I thought I saw something in your hair but it fell." he looks at the opposite side and clicks his tongue as if he failed doing a task, the way his hand fisted inside his pocket didn't escape my eyes either.

We sat on the bench and good thing no one wants to sit with us, now we could talk as much as we want while I eat my ice cream. Baekhyun asked some few questions about what Hyunwoo and I used to do when we were a fling. It was weird at first that he's asking such questions, but then I found it unfair that I knew what he had with Jian so I answered him with honesty, while cringing as I forced myself to look back.

And when things got a little personal, with me giving more sincere answers coming from my heart, it must've touched him, I could see it to the way his eyes softened as I spoke and his ears turning pink. Can he stop being cute at least for once? I gave him the same look to which made him feel awkward and quickly dismisses the topic by waving a hand off and told me the next thing we'll do.

"We'll take the merry-go-round and wait for the fireworks show and then go home?" he hums to confirm that. "That's it?"

"I already have lots of ideas with me. I can't risk being seen in here. I think I saw few girls with my photocard on the back of their phones."

I jutted my lip for a pout. I couldn't tell him that... I didn't like the merry-go-round for some reasons, I already told him a lot and I don't want him to think I'm being petty about this one.

"That's not and will never going to work with me." he stands up, ignoring me acting cute. "Come on."

"But," I looked around to find something to ride just to get away from the merry-go-round. "Haunted house! Let's do that one instead. Please, Baekhyun. I always wanted to try it."

He was hesitant but knowing how he likes it when someone says please, I'm sure he's going to give up. Baekhyun sighs. "Fine. But stay close to me."

"You can hold me if you're scared." I grinned teasingly as I extended out a hand for him to hold. Even when they're hidden behind his mask, I saw how Baekhyun stuffed his cheeks with air before accepting my hand.

As he trailed behind me with our hands connected, I couldn't help the smile from breaking out and the heat spreading across my face along with my racing heart. Out of all the moments we had today, this is my favorite and the most heart-fluttering for me. Holding hands may appear as something cliché, but Baekhyun holding on to me felt like he trusted me with his life, it's one of the things that could tell we've come a long way from what we started off as.

"Don't let go!" he frantically tightened his grip around my hand. It hasn't been that long since we entered the Haunted House and encountered few dead people suddenly showing up, Baekhyun has been screaming every second when they literally do nothing but breathe and growl.

I turned to him and placed my free hand on my hips. "You are a scaredy-cat."

"I'm just worried that you might get lost and can't find your way out. Besides, I get jump scared, who wouldn't scream at that?"

My brows furrowed when I sensed a movement behind him, I gasped and pointed a finger towards it. "What's that?"

His grip around my hand loosened as he tilted his head to look behind. A zombie jumps out of nowhere making us scream in panic, I ran away as fast as I could due to adrenaline rush and only realized that I left Baekhyun behind few moments after I found a safer place to standby.

"Y/N-AH!" he's somewhere near but I guess he couldn't find his way to me as there were several confusing doors he has to pass by. "Please! Yah! Yah! Aaah!"

"Don't follow after her, I swear I'm not going to let it slide!"

Just when I was about to call out his name for him to find me, two panicking girls suddenly turns up into the room I am in.

"Did you hear that? I swear it's Baekhyun's voice! That's how he sounded like when he went to a Haunted House in a reality show." said that one girl as she shook the other one by her sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter