Chapter 2

Cover It Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N

I think I'm overdressed.

I've been standing on the same spot for half an hour now. My legs are starting to hurt because of the shoes I decided to wear for today, just to match with my outfit. From time to time, I'd look around to see if a car had stopped somewhere near the cafe where Baekhyun usually gets his iced americano.

"I think I'm really overdressed." I whispered to myself as I turned around to face the glass window of the dress shop where I'm standing at to see my own reflection. Is this outfit okay? Am I supposed to follow Baekhyun around wearing this? What if I need to run so many errands for him? My feet will surely hurt.

I was contemplating whether to have the white gloves removed or not. It looks good for the outfit but it needs to go if ever I have to hold something fragile so it wouldn't slip off my hands. I was too immersed at deciding that I didn't know a car stopped behind me and missed how the window rolled down and a head peeking out.

"Hey."

That familiar honey voice was enough to make my heart flutter. I was stunned on my place before I composed myself and turned to my heels with a smile. I thought I was on cloud 9 that I feel like falling backwards after seeing Baekhyun staring at me. There he is! Byun Baekhyun! The love of my life!

His eyes were soft on mine that I wanted to faint and dream those orbs staring at me, forever. His gray hair so messy yet so perfect on him. I can't believe I'll be seeing this art everyday.

"Have you seen someone waiting around here?" he asked with a small smile on his face. Oh shoot! I thought my heart jumped out of my chest. He spoke to me!

"Ah, actually. I have been waiting here for my job. Are you Baekhyun?" calm down, Y/n. You're doing great at pretending you don't know him. I was mentally caressing my own head.

His soft eyes turned serious and I've never seen such hot transition in my entire life! "I am Baekhyun." he answered and his sweet voice turned deep too! Oh my gosh, if I get to see him this hot everyday, I'll never leave this job and I'm dying as his manager.

"Well, I'm your new manager. I was told that you will come to pick me up from here." then I rounded his car while mentally squealing inside because it has been my dream to see his car up close and to have a ride in it. I tried to calm my breathing before opening the door and stepping inside, carefully because I don't want any dirt to get into such sacred vehicle. Once I was seated, I smiled at Baekhyun who's seriously staring staright ahead him. "Anyway, I don't know how to drive, sooo I'm sorry about that."

He scoffs. "Why did they even hire a manager who doesn't know how to drive?" his eyes finally landed on mine. "And why are you dressed like that? What did you expected for your job to be? A secretary? Were you told you're going to be a manager of an idol? You are supposed to follow me around which requires a lot of running since sometimes I'm being chased or I have to ask you to run some errands for me. Seeing you in that outift, I don't think you can do your job well. If finding me a manager is as serious as getting a decent job in a company, you wouldn't pass for me."

I blinked my eyes at him in shock. Baekhyun... I didn't know he could be this harsh? I thought he never wanted to see his fans hurt. Why is he hurting me now?

Ah, I am not his fan. That is the fact I have to cover up so I will have to work for him.

Also, I remember Lee Sooman saying something about Baekhyun being harsh when he's stress. I can't blame him, his schedules are drowning him and he's so busy that he can't get enough sleep. That's stressing indeed.

And I vowed to stay no matter what will happen. So I have to understand Baekhyun being moody, this will be a peice of cake.

I remained quiet, looking away as I leaned my back further against the chair and crossed my arms on my chest. If Baekhyun is stressed, he needed a quiet time so I must not speak. In this job, I will not just be his manager but also a secret caring fairy. I will take care of him secretly as a fan and will treat him like a baby. Without him knowing of course.

"Ha!" I heard Baekhyun letting out a breathy laugh as if he can't believe I just ignored him. He started the engine and drove away from that place.

Few minutes after staying quiet, I opened an eye to peek at him and he seems calm now. So I decided to break the chilling silence. "I heard it's your birthday."

"None of your business."

I ignored his rude remark. Remember, Y/n. He's stressed. "Right after I got the job to be your manager just yesterday, I quickly searched some things about you and I just knew that today's your birthday." I took a small box out of the handbag I was holding and showed it to him. "Happy birthday!"

"Can you just keep your mouth shut?! Or else I'm kicking you out of this car!"

"Rude." I pouted my lips and twisted myself to face the back and place my gift on the backseat. "If you're shy to say 'thank you' you can tell me instead of being rude you know?"

He rolled his eyes at me and stopped the car. I confusedly looked around and saw that we're not in front of SM so my curious eyes flew to his face. "Get out." he growls with authority and without looking at me, hands tightening on the steering wheel.

But I didn't faze at his angry aura.

"Come ooon. I was just kidding." I laughed and leaned back against the chair, then closing my eyes and crossing my arms. "I know you're very stressed I'm so sorry. I'm keeping myself quiet now. You can continue driving but I'm keeping my gift for you there on the backseat."

No matter how quiet it was, I never dared to move on my seat or open my eyes to check on Baekhyun. Next thing I knew is that the car started moving again.

"I think this is why Sooman is so fond of you huh?" I heard him whisper something to himself that I didn't understand. But still, I kept my eyes closed.

I would secretly peek to see if we've arrived. Several minutes later, I could see the SM building to I decided to end my pretend sleep until we reached the parking lot of the entertainment building.

"What's your name?" Baekhyun asked as soon as the car stopped. I stared at him with bored eyes but deep inside they are sparkling with excitement!

"I'm Y/n Y/l/n, your new manager." I held a hand out to him while beaming. Baekhyun only smirked at me before turning to his back to leave the car.

I blinked out of embarrassment with my hand still in the air. I was only pulled out of my reverie when Baekhyun slammed the car door closed.

"Yah! Wait for me you rude bacon!" I was about to open the door but it won't budge. I tried pulling the handle harder and it still won't open. Did he just locked me inside?!

I was panicking as I watched Baekhyun walking inside the building. I closed my fists and started hitting the window, still being careful because I don't want to break it. "Baekhyun! You forgot me hehehe." giggling nervously, my other hand continued drumming the window while the other tried pulling the handle that opens the door. "BAEKHYUN!"

Even before he could completely vanish from my sight, he looks back at me and smirked. I thought he finally realized that he forgot me but then he turns his back and continued into walking further inside until I no longer see him. This rude bacon! If only you're not stressed I would've cooked you and have you for breakfast.

Right after Baekhyun disappeared, another person walked out from where Baekhyun had entered and it seems like he had a small conversation with Baekhyun after running into him as he was walking backwards while exiting the building, mouth opening and closing for speaking. As soon as he turned around, our eyes met.

It was Chanyeol of EXO-SC!

I quickly drummed both my fists on the window and screamed for help. Chanyeol at first was scared seeing a girl trapped inside a car and then he dashed towards me, then trying to open the door from outside.

"Are you okay?!" he yelled from outside, his deep voice was muffled while he did some gestures for me to understand his question easily.

I nodded as a repsond to his qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter