Chapter Six

The Brightest Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Donghae kept his worried face from behind, as Jessica briskly walked toward class. Today, Jessica felt very happy and bright, so Jessica started to walk as quickly as she could. "Jess, slow down, you might get tired," Donghae said to Jessica. He tried to catch up with her steps, but it seems like Jessica didn't heed to his warning, because she accelerated her steps, as if she couldn't wait to get to class. Finally, Donghae grabbed Jessica's arm, forcing her to stop. 

"What?" she asked. "Please slow down," Donghae begged. "Oh, sorry, was I going too fast?" Jessica asked Donghae. It seemed like Jessica didn't know that she was walking too fast, she was just excited to go meet someone as soon as she can. Donghae let go of Jessica's arm, exhaling, they both went back together. Donghae did not stop glancing at Jessica to make sure that she wasn't going too fast. 

However, before Donghae could open the door, Jessica already opened it and stepped in the classroom with enthusiasm, and as usual, Yoona was sitting next to her and was reading a book, ignoring her surroundings. Jessica stopped in front of Yoona's desk, and she looked closely at the girl, her beautiful eyes tracing Yoona's luscious long hair from top to bottom. Yoona, who had been serious about reading, then caught Jessica's black shoes next to her desk. 

She finally looked up while frowning, and saw Jessica watching her read her book. Yoona should have felt annoyed, but this time she felt different. Usually, Jessica would watch her with a surprised expression, but this time, Jessica watched her with a smile on her face, and Yoona realized how charming Jessica's smile is. "Umm, what are you looking at?" Yoona asked, she couldn't stand being watched like this.

While all of this was going on, the other students started to whisper with each other. “Hi Yoongie," Jessica said so sweetly it made Yoona and all the other kids open their mouths wide open. For a few moments, Yoona just gawked without blinking, Jessica was still staring at Yoona with that smile, waiting for an answer where Yoona found herself sounding nervous. “H-Hello," Yoona replied.

Yoona thought that Jessica sat down, but not before she could see the reddish hue on Jessica's cheeks before she sat down next to her. Yoona mentally slapped herself in the face, why is she acting so weird? On the other hand, Jessica was silent on her desk, the girl was trying to control her own feelings. She still did not understand why she was so happy to see Yoona, especially after the soccer ball incident, she felt very warm in her chest every time she met and saw Yoona.

-

While Jessica was taking a break, she decided to measure the bean sprouts. She remembered to bring a ruler so she could measure it precisely. "Umm.. thirteen  centimeters?" she muttered softly. Just as she was about to write it down in her book, she saw Yoona walking in front of the library. She thought Yoona would come and measure the bean sprouts, but when Jessica waved to her, Yoona walked to the library instead.

"What?" she asked herself.  Jessica was confused. That's why she never saw Yoona in the classrooms or the canteens. Donghae, who was busy taking photos of birds and plants, turned to Jessica who looked confused. "What's wrong Jess? he asked. Jessica shook her head, her eyes never leaving the library door. "I want to go to the library!" she said suddenly.

"What? Why would you want to go there?" he asked. Donghae and Jessica have never been to the library because of their dust allergies. "I want to read a book!" she said with sparkling eyes. Donghae was about to come with her, but Jessica had already gone to the library. Donghae followed her silently, even though he didn't know Jessica's true intentions, he didn't try to stop her from going.

Jessica's hands gently pushed the grey library door, and her head popped in, gaping when she saw the interior of the library. Besides having a high ceiling, the room was very big, with large windows, along with the neatly arranged bookshelves. Jessica regretted not visiting the library earlier, she didn't know that a school library would look like the ones she would in her father's magazines.

Behind Jessica, Donghae's face showed the same expression. He thought that the library would look like the one he had at home, but this library definitely exceeded his standards. "Welcome," a frie

Please log in to read the full chapter