Home

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

“So Jen has no idea? Like seriously?” Lisa whispered yelled over our facetime call.

 

“For the hundredth time yes, but if you keep asking then she’ll eventually find out.” I replied.

 

“Don’t mind her Pasta, you can trust me. Don’t worry this will be a great surprise.” Jisoo smiled, grabbing the phone from Lisa.

 

“Babe~~~” Lisa whined, while Jisoo just shook her head at her very dorky girlfriend.

 

“AH but Chipmunk I saw that your song won again. Congratulations~” Lisa was jumping up and down, while Jisoo just followed along.

 

I laughed at the two glad that they are still the hyper duo. It’s been almost 5 months since I’ve taken the internship at BLACKLABEL and it’s been pretty crazy. I wasn’t expecting the songs that I wrote/produce to do so well, especially since I’m still learning but I’m thankful to the singers that are able to express the emotions I wanted to convey in my songs. And it’s because I’ve been doing well that the label wants to send me back to New York to finish my studies as well as work with some of the artists they have in the states. Of course, me being me I decided to surprise Jennie by just showing up on campus with Jisoo and Lisa.

 

“Oh yeah and how is it working with IU? Tell me?! Is she as freaking gorgeous and hot in person as she is on screen?” Lisa and Jisoo demanded.

 

“Unnie is cool and yes she is definitely more gorgeous and hot in person. When we first met I was literally like visually attacked. My heart was racing and I was so nervous and oh my God her voice. It’s like an angel was singing to me. Like when she started to sing I swear I fell in love. Like everyone else disappeared and it was just her, like I was so mesmerized that I didn’t even realize she finished singing until she tapped me on the shoulder.…” I trailed off, noticing the two face palming themselves and when I took a closer look I realized that Jennie was in the back. Looks like she just got in.

 

“Hi Wifey, your back?” I tried to pretend that her death glare wasn't piercing my soul.

 

“Mhm.” She nodded her head, arms still folded looking very much annoyed.

 

“So how was your day?”

 

“Fine.” She replied, before storming off. The slamming of the door confirmed that she was mad MAD.

 

“In our defense we tried to get you to shut up but you were lost in your little bubble.” Jisoo spoke up.

 

“I’ll call you guys later.”

 

“Okay, good luck.” Lisa teased before ending the call.

 

I quickly facetimed Jennie right away. I knew she was pissed because she didn’t answer the first time...or the second...or even the third...but I wasn’t going to give up.

 

“What?” Jennie finally answered after 10 tries.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked.

 

“Peachy.” She sarcastically replied.

 

“You mad mad huh.” I tried to joke, but she just rolled her eyes at me.

 

“Okay I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for all that to come out like that.”

 

“Really? Cause it didn’t sound like it.”

 

“Wifey you know that I only love you.”

 

“Yeah but you fall in love with idols that sing like an angel.”

 

“I didn’t mean like love love. I was just in awe that someone’s voice can sound like that. Like a fan love.”

 

“Really?” Jennie looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

 

“Absolutely 100%. You’ve got me for life babe.” I beamed.

 

“Oh did Hubby just indirectly propose?” Jennie teased and I felt my face get hot.

 

“Ah uhm so how was your day?” I changed the subject, which earned a chuckle from Jennie. Whew I’m glad she’s not mad mad anymore.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Weeks passed and I was finally back home. I arrived on Saturday but have been trying my best to not see anyone.

 

“Okay here we go.” I gave myself a quick pep talk before heading out.

 

“CHIPMUNK!” Lisa practically crushed me in half with how tightly she hugged me.

 

“Okay babe let her go, you might break her and then Jen will break you.” Jisoo ripped Lisa’s arms from me and then decided to also give me a bone crushing hug.

 

“Ji...I can’t breathe.” I tapped her back and she let go.

 

“You guys have no idea how happy I am to be back though.” I smiled, while we piled into Lisa’s car.

 

“We’re happy that you’re back too Chaengie...but….” Lisa trailed off, trying to suppress her laughter but failing miserably.

 

“What’s so funny?” I asked, not understanding why the two were about to die from laughing.

 

“Well Pasta our Jendeukie has been all pouty and moody since a certain someone hasn’t called or facetimed her all weekend.” Jisoo finally got out in between her chuckles.

 

“But I’ve been texting her.” I defended myself.

 

“Look all I’m saying is that she will be very happy to see you, but also very...oop and speaking of the devil.” Jisoo held her phone out with a playful smirk.

 

“Hey Jen what’s up.” Jisoo put the call on speaker.

 

“Jisooooooooooo~~ Rosie hasn’t texted me today….” Jennie cutely whined on the phone.

 

“Okay and?” Jisoo deadpanned.

 

“CHUUUUUU my Hubby doesn’t love me anymore.” She sounded like she was about to cry and I couldn’t stop smiling so hard cause she’s being too adorable.

 

“Jen chill okay, your Hubby still loves you. Although she said she was gonna be with IU in the studio allllll niiiighhhhttt.” Lisa pipped in and I glared at her. This brat she’s gonna get me killed.

 

“WHAT?! Oh hell no. I’ll see you guys in a bit.” Jennie quickly ended the call and I smacked Lisa’s arm.

 

“OW! I’m driving! You want us to die?!” Lisa pouted.

 

“Why would you push her buttons like that?” I huffed, showing the incoming call from Jennie. I couldn’t answer it because thing 1 and thing 2 in the car might say something to ruin my surprise. So, with a heavy heart I declined the call and sent a text instead.

 

I can’t talk right now. I’ll call you in a bit. Love you. -Hubby

 

“Cause it’s fun seeing you be in the dog house.” Lisa chuckled, but stopped after she caught Jisoo glaring at her.

 

“Okay okay, sorry Chaengie.” Lisa apologized, while pulling into the campus parking garage.

“Yeah yeah, oh.” I quickly spotted my girl who was angrily typing on her phone. I know she’s texting me a long paragraph, because of the 3 little dots that have yet to go away since I texted her.

 

“Okay you guys head out and cov…who the hell is that?” I frowned seeing some dude go up to Jennie. He is standing way too close.

 

“Ugh it’s Taehyung again.” Lisa groaned.

 

“Why can’t he just get over the fact that she’s taken?!” Jisoo shook her head.

 

“Tae who?” I questioned the two.

 

“Kim Taehyung, He’s in her design class and they were partners for their final project and he’s caught some feelings for you Wifey.” Lisa quickly explained.

 

“Change of plans guys.” I quickly said before getting out of Lisa’s car. I know that the students recognized me right away, some said hi and waved, but my eyes were only focused on the girl in front of me.

 

“C’mon Jennie just one dinner, one chance that’s all I’m asking for.” This Taehyung guy was practically begging. Can this guy not take a hint?

 

“Taehy…”

 

“I don’t think my Wifey will have any time in this lifetime to have dinner with you. So I suggest you just run along now” I responded, snaking my arm around Jennie’s waist. I noticed the way Taehyung looked at my arm and I raised a brow.

 

“I’ll see you in class Jennie.” Was his quick reply before running off.

 

“Hubby?” Jennie found her voice.

 

“Hey.” I smiled at her.

 

“Your back.” Jennie quickly engulfed me in a tight hug, lifting her legs up and wrapping them around my waist, practically straddling me in public.

 

“Yeah I’m back.” I chuckled, while she just tightened her hold on me.

 

“Jen you look like a koala hugging a eucalyptus tree.” I heard Lisa and I couldn’t help myself from laughing at the comment. Jennie turned her face towards the two and glared at Lisa, putting her feet back on the ground while still hugging me tightly.

 

“Of course you two knew.”

 

“It was supposed to be a surprise Jen.”

 

“Chill with the tone Jendeuk aren’t you glad Rosie is back?” Jisoo smiled.

 

“Yeah but for how long?” Jennie pouted.

 

“Hmm I was thinking for good, but I mean I don’t know.” I teasingly replied.

 

“REALLY?” Jennie asked in a high pitched tone, like a kid that’s about to be given her favorite toy.

 

“Yes really.”

 

“Ahhh!” She squealed, engulfing in a tight hug again.

 

“You missed me this much?” I chuckled after she released me.

 

“Of course you idiot.” She playfully hit my shoulder, and clung onto my arm again.

 

“Okay stop being so sickenly sweet, and let’s go to class or else we’ll be late.”

 

“Come on, I’ll walk you to class.” I smiled, before we separated from Jisoo and Lisa who had class elsewhere.

 

When we arrived in front of Jennie’s lecture hall she had a huge pout on her face.

 

“Hey what’s wrong? You’ve been quiet the whole time.” I softly asked, tugging at her hand so that she faced me.

 

“You didn’t notice?” She asked.

 

“Notice what?” I was confused with what she was asking. So I took a quick glance at her. Did she get a haircut? No. Nails done? No. Her outfit is obviously new, but that’s a given. I was racking my brain for an answer when she suddenly pulled me down and kissed me in the middle of the hallway in front of everyone that was passing by.

 

“I-I..what was that for?” I asked, after we pulled away, I could feel my face turning red and I swear I caught some kids watching.

 

“That was for everyone to know that you’re taken. Did you really not notice everyone staring at you?! They were literally undressing you with their eyes.” Jennie complained, and I chuckled.

 

“Ayyy that’s not true. I didn’t see anyone stare at me like that..well asides from you.” I but she just whined cutely.

 

“No Hubby, they were staring. Why does my girlfriend have to be so attractive?” She groaned and I couldn’t stop myself from chuckling at how cute she was being right now.

 

“Okay don’t worry. My girlfriend is even more attractive, so I think we’re even. Plus, you know I only have my eyes on you. So don’t worry.” I hugged her tightly.

 

“Sweet talker.” She mumbled, before tightening our hug.

 

“Now, go to class. I’ll be here when it’s over.” I tapped her shoulder and she reluctantly let go.

 

“Okay…” She turned around, I was about to leave when she jerked me back, “Oh why?” I asked when she suddenly hugged me tightly.

 

“I just wanted to.” She whispered, hugging me tighter.

 

“Hmm I missed you too. I promise you I’ll be here Okay?” I gave her a tight squeeze before pulling back.

 

“Now go, I’ll be right here later. I promise.”

 

With a nod, Jennie let me go and went into her lecture hall.

 

I went to my music composition class and was greeted with a giant welcome back from my classmates. They all heard about the internships and were asking so many questions.

 

“Okay that’s enough everyone. It’s good to have you back Ms. Park, but just because you have a few hit songs now that doesn’t mean you’ll get it easy in this class.” Professor Craft teased and I just nodded my head before settling in a spot.

 

After class I quickly made my way back to Jennie’s class. As I navigated the campus, a feeling of nostalgia suddenly overwhelmed me. Checking my watch, I noticed I still had about half an hour before her class got out, so I decided to just sit in the open Quad for a while.

 

“So it’s true. You’re really back.” A familiar voice suddenly sat down next to me.

 

“Oh Nayeonie~” I cheerfully greeted the girl and hugged her tightly.

 

“Welcome back Chaeyoung.”

 

“How are you?” I asked her after we pulled apart.

 

“Hmmm I think I’ve been the happiest I’ve been for a while.” She sincerely replied.

 

“That’s good. I’m happy for you.”

 

“You?”

 

“Me?”

 

“Mhm you, Park Chaeyoung. How are you? Really?” Nayeon asked me while placing a hand on my shoulder.

 

“I’m happy.”

 

“But?”

 

“But I..it’s just so hard to believe for me. First I found out the girl I’ve been in-love with loves me back, I got accepted to the study abroad program, I managed to help write and produce songs with famous artists. It’s just so surreal, to have all my dreams come true like this, that I can’t help but wonder what the universe will want in exchange.”

 

“Oh Chae…” Nayeon slightly chuckled.

 

“It’s not funny. I’m seriously worried.” I sighed.

 

“I know, but nothing has happened to you Chae. You’ve worked hard for everything, harder than anyone I know. You deserve this and more. You deserve to just be happy with everything. So don’t overthink it. Just enjoy it.” Nayeon beamed.

 

“Why do you always know the right things to tell me?” I asked, wiping the stray tear that I let fall.

 

“Maybe because you always seem to be in deep mental trouble whenever we have a talk?” Nayeon chuckled.

 

“I guess.”

 

“YAH PARK CHAEYOUNG!” A loud voice yelled out and I suddenly felt someone jump on my shoulders from behind me.

 

“Ah Joy, get off of me.” I chuckled, while the girl just back hugged me tightly.

 

“I can’t believe you told Jisoo and Lisa, and not me.” She pouted, hitting my shoulder lightly.

 

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t going to tell anyone...but I think Jisoo has a sixth sense or something.” I chuckled, turning to face her.

“Fine, you’re forgiven for…” Joy trailed off and started to grip my arm tightly, “Yah Park Chaeyoung pinch me.” She whispered in my ear.

 

“No way.” I heard Nayeon whisper next to me.

 

“Why are you guys acting…” I trailed off, when I turned around and saw what got my two friends so shocked.

 

“Hey Babe.”

 

“Hyeri unnie?! Jieun unnie?!” I was shocked to see them both here.

 

War flashbacks of the two in Seoul, gave me chills. I don’t know what their history is, but they hated each other the second I introduced them to one another.

 

“What are you two doing here?! And together?” I looked at the two.

 

“I had some work stuff to do here.” Hyeri unnie ran up to the empty spot behind me and looped her arm around mine.

 

“I had a photoshoot in the city.” Jieun unnie came over towards me, and with a quick glance towards Naeyeon, was on the other side of me her arms looping around mine as well.

 

It’s just like Seoul all over again. I don’t get these two, why are they so clingy and why do they even hate each other?

 

“Ah..I see.” I awkwardly chuckled while the two girls were glaring daggers at each other.

 

The sound of someone clearing their throat tore the two from their heated gaze.

 

“Aren’t you going to introduce us Chaeng?” Joy spoke, while Nayeon looked at me with an amused but somewhat terrified look in her eyes.

 

“Oh yeah, Hyeri unnie, Jieun unnie, these are my friends Im Nayeon and Park Sooyoung or Joy as she likes to be called. Nayeon, Joy this is my friend Hyeri unnie and…”

 

“Lee Jieun, stage name IU, of course I know you.” Joy squealed, and Jieun unnie and I just chuckled.

 

“Okay, well Chaeng I better get going. I have to pick-up Mina from her class.” Nayeon excused herself first, reminding me that I had to go grab Jennie as well.

 

“Ah okay. See you later.”

 

“Okay, bye.”

“Ah Joy are you free right now?” I asked and Joy nodded her head yes.

 

“Great, can you keep my unnies occupied?”

 

“Of course!” Joy agreed right away.

 

“What about you?” The two asked me.

 

“I have to go somewhere. I’ll be right back. You two please behave.” I smiled, before I ran off.

 

I only have a minute before her lecture gets out.

 

“You’re late.” Jennie pouted, the second her eyes landed me.

 

“I’m sorry. Something happened on my way.” I panted, breathless from running across campus.

 

“Is that something more important than your promise?” She asked with crossed arms.

 

“Wifey, of course not! Something unexpected just happened and…”

 

“You idiot why’d you run off?” Someone suddenly hugged me from behind.

 

“Lee Jieun-shi please let go of her, before I break your arms.” Hyeri unnie came up right next to me, wrapping an arm around mine.

 

“HA! I kne…” Lisa and Jisoo came next, but Lisa trailed off.

 

“Babe is that IU? Is she here?” Lisa smacked Jisoo’s arm, while squealing.

 

“YAH LEE HYERI!”

 

“LEE JIEUN YOU!”

 

“Ah unnie why.” Jieun unnie’s manager grabbed her and pulled her away quickly.

 

“You brat we need to prepare for your shoot. We’re on a tight schedule.” SooAh unnie smiled at me and I smiled back and bowed respectfully.

 

“Unnie that hurts.” Hyeri unnie complained after her manager pinched her.

 

“It was supposed to. C’mon let’s go, we’re going to miss our flight if we stay any longer. Jeez I turn around for one second and you disappear.” Minji unnie scolded Hyeri unnie.

 

“Sorry for the trouble Chaeng. You know how she is.” Minji unnie apologized.

“Ah it’s okay unnie. No worries. Have a safe flight back to Seoul.”

 

“We will! Call us when you're in town okay.” Minji unnie smiled back while she dragged Hyeri unnie with her.

 

“Those two.” I breathed out, shaking my head, turning my attention to a very angry looking dumpling and an amused couple.

 

“My twitter is probably blowing up right now.” Lisa spoke up first.

 

“Wah, Pasta that was something else. Are they fighting over you?” Jisoo asked, but before I could even answer, Jennie was already dragging me away. I silently followed, because she was mad. I can tell, her eyes were burning with rage.

 

“What the hell was that Park Chaeyoung?” Jennie asked, after she dragged me in a secluded area.

 

“What was what?”

 

“Don’t act dumb. You know what.” She glared, hands on her hips.

 

“Hyeri unnie and Jieun unnie are here for work. They are just like that with the people they are close with and for some reason they hate each other. I don’t know why though.” I summarized it all, but it didn’t look like it appeased her at all, she looked angrier.

 

“Tch, yeah okay sure. We both know that’s not it. Everyone with eyes can see the truth.”

 

“They don’t like me that way. I promise you.” I engulfed my cute little dumpling in a tight hug.

 

“That’s not what it looked like to me Hubby.” She huffed, leaning her chin on my chest, staring up at me with a pout on her face.

 

“My cute baby, don’t be jealous. They are just clingy friends, it’s been like this since Seoul.”

 

“So you're telling me that you let them hug you and stuff while you were over there?” Jennie asked, pulling out of my arms.

 

Wrong choice of words Park Chaeyoung. I scolded myself, I just unleashed her green monster even more.

 

“Wifey c’mon. Trust me okay, I already asked them this before. They said it’s not like that at all. They both only see me as a friend. I promise you.”

“You did?”

 

“Yep I did. Plus, I told them that I had someone that meant the world to me. More than anything else.” I booped Jennie on the nose and she just showed me her cute little gummy smile.

 

“So I mean the world to you huh.” She smugly replied.

 

“You? I was talking about Alice unnie.”

 

“YAH!” Jennie smacked my arm pretty hard.

 

“AH! Wifey, I’m just teasing.”

 

“You better.” She suddenly jumped onto me again, tightly hugging me.

 

“What’s with the sudden hug?” I asked.

 

“I just felt like coming home.” She replied.

 

“What?”

 

“Your arms. Whenever you hold me, it always feels like I’m home.” Jennie whispered, burying her face on the nook of my neck.

 

“Well then, welcome home Wifey.” I hugged her tighter.

 

“Hmm I’m glad I’m home.”

 

“Me too.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: I’m not satisfied with this chapter, but here it is anyways.

 

I already have an idea of the next shot, but I’m just curious: angst or something romantic?