Memories Pt. 3

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

“Hubby wake up hmm? Chaengie wake up please...Chaeyoung..CHAEYOUNG!”

 

Jennie bolted up, panting, “that damn nightmare again.” She groaned, running her fingers through her hair.

 

It’s been 5 years since the incident but for Jennie, every time she shuts her eyes, it’s as if she lost her again, Park Chaeyoung, her fiancé.

 

“I wonder when I’ll ever move on from you..” Jennie looked at the photo of them on her nightstand.

 

Ever since Chaeyoung died, Jennie has gotten colder and fiercer on the outside, but on the inside she’s broken. It’s mornings like this when Jennie allows herself to wallow in the past.

 

“I’ll never be vulnerable and weak ever again. I won’t allow my heart to feel the pain of loss again.” This is the vow Jennie made a month after Chaeyoung’s funeral, but she couldn’t keep it. Because everyday she feels the pain of her loss. Vulnerable to the memories of them, weak with the thought of her.

 

The taller girl was the love of her life. Chaeyoung was her everything, and she was taken away from her in a snap. She didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye...all that she saw was her lovely girl, laying in the casket, and Jennie wished she was dreaming. Wishes that Chaeyoung was still with her.

 

Entering her office, Jennie was surprised to find her usual coffee and bagel on her desk still hot.

 

“Seems like my new secretary has started.” Jennie smirked, taking a sip of the coffee, surprised by it’s taste, “hmm this tastes better than usual. For now they get a pass.”

 

Once you lose the person you love the most. It changes you.

 

Earlier that morning

 

“Okay you got this. New start right?” Lisa smiled at me.

 

“Yeah new start.” I took a deep breath, before stepping out of the car.

 

“Fighting Rosie!”

 

“Fighting. Goodluck at the studio.” I smiled, before waving goodbye to Lisa.

 

“Okay Rosie, let’s do this.” I held my head high as I stepped into the building.

 

“Hi.” I went to one of the receptionists, “I’m Roseanne Park, the new..”

 

“Ah you must be Ms. Kim’s new secretary, she’ll be here in less than an hour. Let me get Sejeong here to show you where you’ll be working.” The woman interrupted me.

 

“Ah but I’m not..” I tried, but this girl is just not listening.

 

“Here’s a guest badge for now, go quickly. Wouldn’t want Ms. Kim to fire you on the first day.” the girl joked.

 

“But I’m..” I tried while she dragged me towards the elevator.

 

And next thing I knew I was getting a bagel and making coffee for this “Ms. Kim.”

 

“Okay so Ms. Kim usually gets here by 9am, which means you should be here by 8am. She likes to have her coffee and bagel on her desk. Make sure the coffee and bagel are still hot. And..”

 

I was about to tell Sejeong that I really wasn’t the secretary when someone called my name.

 

“Ms. Park! There you are.”

 

“Ah you must be Nayeon.” I recognized her face from our zoom meeting.

 

“Yes I am. I went down to check if you had checked in and found out that Ryujin thought you were Jen’s secretary.”

 

“Wait you’re not Minjeong?”

 

“No..I’ve been trying to tell you.”

 

“Goodness you and Ryujin I swear.” Nayeon chuckled, “Okay let me introduce you. Sejeong this is Roseanne Park, she’s the new Visual director.

 

“Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry Ms. Park. I didn’t know.” Sejeong apologized to me while bowing her head.

 

“It’s fine.” I chuckled, “I should have tried harder to tell you who I am.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Rosie! How’s work?”

 

“It’s fine, just going through the company’s goals and whatnot, before actually getting started. You know the usual on-boarding stuff.” Roseanne chuckled, “How about you? How are you doing? Are there any issues with the language barrier?”

 

“It’s fine and you know my Korean is better than yours.” Lisa teased.

“Please, we both know I’m better at speaking in Thai and Korean.” Roseanne argued back.

 

Having been best friends since they were young, Roseanne and Lisa not only learned English but each other’s native tongue as well. It amazed their parents because they didn’t even know the girl’s were communicating like that.

 

“Right okay sure Rosie. But switching back, everything is good and the model I worked with today! OMG she’s literally the most beautiful person I have ever seen.”

 

“Lili you say that about all your models.” Roseanne deadpanned.

 

“No no I’m serious! In fact she invited me for lunch!”

 

“Oh a date? Man we’ve only moved here for a month.”

 

“Shut up. Anyways, I just wanted to check in. I’ll see you at home.”

 

“Okay, have fun on your date!” Roseanne teases, hanging up before Lisa starts whining about it not being a date.

 

“Hey Roseanne.” Nayeon knocks on her office door, peeking her head through the gap.

 

“Hey what’s up?”

 

“Just wondering if you’d like to have lunch with us? You know get to know the visual team.”

 

“Sure sure, I had no lunch plans anyways.” Roseanne replies, getting up from behind her desk.

 

“Great!”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Alright we already introduced her this morning but this is Roseanne Park the new Visual Director and your new boss asides from Jen.” Nayeon teases her friends.

 

“Just call me Rosie and please just treat me like a friend.”

 

“Okay Rosie, the Good cop, it is.” Seojun jokes.

 

“Good cop?” Roseanne looks around the table.

 

“Seojun.” Nayeon warns.

 

“I know I know Nay. Chill.”

 

“Jen is cool Rosie. She’s just a perfectionist, so she comes off as intense. We’ve been friends for years.” Nayeon smiles, hoping not to scare their new director away.

 

“It’s fine, I went to law school and that’s pretty intense in it’s own way.” Roseanne laughs.

 

“Law school? That’s a 180 from this job.” Jackson comments.

 

“Yeah it is.” Roseanne agrees.

 

“So, what made you switch fields?” Yeri asks.

 

“Didn’t you mention your family owns a law firm in the interview.” Nayeon adds in.

 

“Yeah..so that’s part of the reason, but after working for a year..I realized that I hadn’t changed, even after what happened. And second chances shouldn’t be wasted. I wanted to live for myself. So I told my parents what I wanted. My mom agreed and surprisingly my dad too. So here I am.”

 

“Well good to know that if I’m ever in trouble I can call on you.”

 

“I mean I won’t be much help in Korea, but in Australia then yes.” Roseanne laughs, thankful that no one asked about what she meant of second chances.

 

The lunch went well, Roseanne assimilated right in.

 

“I’m sorry if this is random, but have we met before?” Seulgi asks, as they all headed back to the company. The monolid girl was looking at the blonde intently the entire time, there was something very familiar about Roseanne.

 

“No..unless you’ve been to Melbourne before.”

 

“Melbourne.” The group pauses.

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“Nothing..” Nayeon answers and they begin to walk again.

 

“No I haven’t... but a friend of mine once did.” Seulgi smiles. Roseanne misses the split second sadness on the girl’s face.

 

As Roseanne disappeared into her office, Nayeon, Seojun, Jackson, Yeri, and Seulgi all stared at each other.

 

“Please tell me you all got the same vibe from her.” Seojun speaks up.

 

“She feels familiar...I don’t know..I feel at ease with her.” Seulgi comments.

“Is that why you asked her if you’ve met before?”

 

“Well I could tell we were all thinking it.”

 

“Good thing it’s like that. I don’t think Joohyun would like to hear you flirting with our new director.” Nayeon teases.

 

“I wasn’t flirting?!”

 

“Hate to break it to you Seul, but asking a girl if you’ve met before is like the oldest line in the book.” Yeri smirks.

 

“Whatever...can we just go back to why we all feel this comfortable with her?”

 

“Doesn’t she look like her?” Jackson finally spoke up, causing the others to look at him.

 

“Uhm I think you need to get your eyes checked Wang. Cause I don’t see it” Seojun pipes in.

 

“Actually...in that initial moment, I thought they looked the same, but..”

 

“It’s the eyes.” Yeri interrupts Seulgi, “It’s the eyes..they’re the same...Has Jen seen her?”

 

“Not yet.” Nayeon looked at her friends, and knew they were all wondering the same thing.

 

How would Jennie react when she sees Roseanne?

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Sejeong who made my coffee this morning?” Jennie asks as she’s on her way out of her office.

 

“Ah it was Ms…”

 

“Jen!” Jisoo interrupts Sejeong.

 

“Chu why are you here? I thought your car was fixed.”

 

“It is, the new photographer was picking her best friend up from here and I hitched a ride with her. I had my manager take my car home.”

 

“New photographer?” Jennie questioned.

 

“Yeah, the one from overseas. I told you about her last time.”

 

“Oh right right. The new visual director should have started today too.. I was busy so I didn’t get a chance to set a meeting. But Nay hasn’t complained, so she must be good.”

“Speaking of new, how’s the secretary. Isn’t she supposed to start today? I don’t see her.” Jisoo points out, and the two look at Sejeong.

 

“Oh yes, Minjeong.. Her start date is moved to the end of the week. Her grandmother passed.”

 

“Oh..I..please send flowers on my behalf.” Jennie’s eyes looked solemn.

 

“Yeah it’s be nice. Why don’t we go have some chicken and beer tonight Jendeuk?” Jisoo was quick to stop Jennie from going down that road.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Great! Maybe if we get down fast enough you can meet the new photographer.” Jisoo smirks.

 

“You’re smirking..why?” Jennie asks following Jisoo towards the elevator.

 

“Have a good night Ms. Kim.” Sejoeng bows politely at her boss.

 

“You too.” Jennie nods as the elevator door closes.

 

“So how was your day?” Jisoo asks changing the subject while pushing L instead of G on the panel.

 

“Why are we going to the Lobby? My car is in the garage.” Jennie ignores the question, pressing G.

 

“Okay you caught me.”

 

Jennie raises a brow.

 

“Well that new phot..”

 

“Chu..please I told you to stop trying to set me up with peo..”

 

“Okay Imma stop you right there, cause I’m not. She’s really nice Jen and new to this country. I just want her to feel a little less lonely. It’s only her and her best friend.”

 

“Jisoo.”

 

“C’mon Jen.”

 

“You just said her best friend works here, which means she works for me...I’m not going.”

 

“But.”

“You go alone.”

 

“But but.”

 

“Goodnight Ji...hey!” Jennie whines as Jisoo forces Jennie out of the elevator with her when the doors open at the lobby.

 

“It’ll be quick. You don’t even have to stay.”

 

“Fine.”

 

So the two made their way to the two tall girls standing in the lobby.

 

“That’s Lisa.” Jisoo whispers, motioning to the dark haired girl with the bangs, “And the blonde must be her best friend.”

 

“Hmm.” Jennie was obviously annoyed with Jisoo’s stunt.

 

“Oh...Chu!” Lisa waves her hand when she catches sight of the shorter girl. The two watch as Lisa tells something to the blonde in front of her.

 

And when the blonde turns around...Jennie stopped dead in her tracks.

 

It was only for a moment. A fraction of a second, but in that quick moment of time, Jennie saw her.

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/n: AYY 3 for 3. Also, notice how the chapters are shorter for this one? Well that’s on purpose. I’ll be switching between 3 different POVs (either Jennie’s, Rosie’s, or 3rd Person), which means I can’t just write 20 pages...so this will def have more parts.

 

It should be obvious who’s POV it is, so I won’t mark it. Unless you guys want me too.

 

Anyways, let me know what you think will happen next. Or what’s going on in Jennie’s mind.

 

Let’s see if I can keep this streak up tomorrow too :)

 

Bye~~