Together pt. 2

Chaennie Shots (Volume 1)

“Oh oh it looks like you guys are good ehh?” Lisa decided to interrupt Chaeyoung and Jennie’s moment.

 

“Yeah..we’re good.” They answered while smiling at each other.

 

“Cool! Let’s go out and celebrate! The girls are already waiting at the restaurant.” Lisa beamed, grabbing the two girl’s by their arms and pulling them out with her.

 

“Eh? Already?” Chaeyoung was baffled, while being dragged out.

 

“Of course. We all know you have a soft spot for Jen Chong-ah...and after finding out the truth there’s no way in hell you won’t forgive her..so c’mon I’m hungry and I haven’t seen Chu in days!” Lisa whined, not even bothering to look at the two behind her.

 

“Okay okay let’s go see Chu.” Jennie chuckled. Everything was slowly starting to return to normal..

 

~ ~

 

“Mommy!” Ella ran towards her mother with open arms.

 

“Hello princess, did you have a good day at pre-school today?” Jennie hugged her daughter, noticing a familiar scent on her, “Ella was Auntie Chipmunk here today?”

 

“Oh! How did you know? Auntie Chipmunk was here today! We played together with the others! Oh oh mommy can we ask Auntie Chipmunk to come with us to the zoo this weekend? Pleaaasssseeee?” Ella pulled out her puppy dog eyes.

 

“I think that can be arranged.” Jennie smiled as she placed the seatbelt around Ella’s small frame.

 

“Yay!” Ella was ecstatic, she loved spending time with her Auntie Chipmunk that much.

 

After making up, Jennie and Chaeyoung would often try to hang out with each other. Be it lunches at Jennie’s office or dinners at the hospital. Sometimes the blonde would even take Ella home from pre-school. It was great. They were like a family.

 

Once they arrived back home, Mrs. Lim took Ella for her bath, while Jennie’s parents, well mostly her mother, cornered the girl for a talk.

 

“Jennie come sit here for a second sweetheart.” Mrs. Kim called for her daughter.

 

“What’s going on?” Jennie raised a brow, her mom looked a little sad, while she was snuggled on the side of Mr. Kim, who had a small smile on his face.

 

“Your father and I had lunch with Seojun and Chaeyoung today.”

 

“You did?” Jennie frowned, Chaeyoung didn’t mention anything to her.

 

“It was very spur of the moment. We ran into them at the restaurant.”

 

“Oh..And? Why do you look so upset?” Jennie asked, tired of beating around the bush.

 

“You see..” Mrs. Kim had a small pout on her face and Mr. Kim couldn’t help the small chuckle from escaping, “Honey! I’m so sad...even when I saw her again after all these years..”

 

“Okay okay I’m sorry..” Mr. Kim coaxed his wife, “You see Jennie, your mother here..was complaining on how Chaeyoung was calling her Mrs. Kim during the lunch.”

 

“She’s been calling me ‘Mrs. Kim’ since we saw each other here. Like if she’s mad at my daughter that’s fine, but she shouldn’t take it out on me right? Like I’ve always been like a second mom to her and she used to always call me Auntie....” Mrs. Kim’s pout grew.

 

“Wait wait! Pause.” Jennie was dumbfounded, “Mom are you seriously sulking because Rosie’s been calling you Mrs. Kim?”

 

“Yah! You..Chaeyoung’s my favorite. Of course I’m sad.”

 

“Excuse me..I’m here?”

 

“Yes and?”

“Wow! All these years and you still favor her.” Jennie acted disappointed, when she’s really glad her parents love her Rosie just as much as she does.

 

“Of course, Chaeyoung is such an endearing young woman. When you used to blow me off to go on some date, she would spend the day with me. She’d come by with a smile and ask me if I’d like to go somewhere or do anything together. She used to also help your father with some documents.”

 

“She did?” Jennie never knew any of this. No wonder her mother looks so sad.

 

“She did...Chaeyoung cared for all of us. Right honey?” Mrs. Kim turned to her husband, who nodded in agreement.

 

“Okay..so why am I the one sitting here then? Why don’t you call her?”

 

I would, but you two are adults...You can fix your own problems.”

 

“Right...but mom we..”

 

“But it’s been weeks since that first day I saw her again and then today she was still being so distant calling me Mrs. Kim...and I’ve had it because the only person that can fix this is you and you're not doing anything to makeup with my Chaeyoungie.” Mrs. Kim interrupted her daughter.

 

“But Mom we’ve al..”

 

“Atatat, go upstairs change out of your work attire and go over to Chaeyoung’s place and ask for forgiveness!” Mrs. Kim got up and pulled Jennie with her to the brunette’s room, “I’ll have Mr. Lee drive you, so I know you actually went.” Mrs. Kim commanded after leaving Jennie’s room.

 

Once alone, Jennie couldn’t help herself from laughing, “Oh mom...I tried telling you.” Grabbing her phone, Jennie called the blonde her mom favors so much.

 

“Jen hey? What’s up?”

 

“Rosie..are you still at the hospital?”

 

“I’m actually about to head there now, I’m on night shift. Why? Is something wrong?” Chaeyoung asked worriedly.

 

“No no..actually.” Jennie explained her mother’s wishes.

 

“Really?” Chaeyoung laughed after hearing the story.

 

“She’s very upset Rosie. Like I feel like if she could, she’d ground me or something.”

 

“Your mom is so cute.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

“Ro..”

 

“Jennie are you not done yet? Mr. Lee is already out front with the car.” Mrs. Kim barged into her daughter's room, “Why aren’t you ready young lady?”

 

“Mom? I’m on the phone with Ro..”

 

“I don’t care if it’s the board of directors Jennie. Go get ready now.”

 

“I gotta go.” Jennie whispered on the phone.

 

“I heard, don’t worry. I’ll talk to her.”

 

After ending the call, Jennie sheepishly smiled at her mom, feeling like a little girl again.

 

“Yep, my Chaeyoungie will never call me Auntie again and I’ll never see her again because of my unfilial daughter.” Mrs. Kim whined.

 

“Mom! I’ll go get ready! Tell Mr. Lee to just give me 5 minutes.” Jennie held her laughter in.

 

“Okay!” Mrs. Kim's mood changed, “Oh let me go get some side dishes packed for you to take.”

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung who was almost at the hospital decided to change directions.

 

“Hello? Wendy? Hey can you tell Kibum I won’t be able to come in tonight..I have an emergency. I have my phone on me like always, so don’t hesitate to call if you guys need me.Yep yep, thanks Wen. Bye.” Chaeyoung hung up, zooming faster.

 

Arriving at the giant manor gates, Chaeyoung rolled down her window and when the guards saw her, they let her in immediately. No questions asked, they all knew her from before.

 

“Oh Chaeyoung, the Madam had asked me to take Ms. Jennie to you, why are you here?” Mr. Lee asked.

 

“Jen called, I think I might have upset Mrs. Kim unknowingly.” Chaeyoung laughed lightly, “Is it okay if I head inside?”

 

“Yes, let me get the door for you.”

 

“It’s fine I can do it.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

Once inside, she made her way to Mrs. Kim’s favorite part of the entire house, the library.

 

“I knew she’d be in here.” Chaeyoung smiled to herself, after peeking her head inside and seeing the older woman engrossed in her book.

 

“Knock knock.” Chaeyoung called out, knocking on the door while simultaneously opening it.

 

“Oh...Chaeyoung-ah!” Mrs. Kim quickly got up from her seat and went towards the blonde, hugging the girl, “Why are you here?” She asked, patting Chaeyong’s back affectionately.

 

“Well a little cat told me that I might have upset you.” Chaeyoung replied, looking very apologetically.

 

“Now who would say such a thing? You’ve never done so!” Mrs. Kim denied, “Now come with me, let's go have some dinner? Have you eaten yet?” The older lady brushed the topic aside, holding onto Chaeyoung’s arm and leading her towards the dining room.

 

“Ah no not yet.” Chaeyoung smiled, letting the older woman lead her out.

 

“Perfect! Ella’s bath should be down soon, let’s wait for my cute little grandbaby and eat together okay? Your uncle had an emergency in the office and had to leave. Jennie’s upstairs, she should be down..Omo..” Mrs. Kim’s eyes widened in realization.

 

“I know it all Auntie.” Chaeyoung made sure she enunciated the word ‘Auntie’ for the older woman, seeing her flustered, “Don’t worry Mr. Lee should tell her I’m here, so he won’t have to take her to me.” Chaeyoung laughed lightly.

 

“Aish that brat.” Mrs. Kim pouted, “But I was upset...I was like why is my Chaeyoungie calling me Mrs. Kim? I know my daughter upset you but..”

 

“It’s okay Auntie, I’m sorry that I made you feel that way.” Chaeyoung stopped the older woman from explaining herself.

 

“Oh don’t be, I’m just more emotional in my old age” The older Kim laughed lightly, “I’m guessing everything's better with you and Jennie then? Since she told you all this.”

 

“Hmm we’re good, we’re friends.”

 

“That’s great! I’m glad. I’ll be seeing you more often then!”

 

“Of course, I’ll try to come by as often as…”

 

“AUNTIE CHIPMUNK!” Ella ran to the blonde as soon as she saw her at the dining table with her grandmother.

 

“Why hello there Ella.” Chaeyoung smiled, lifting the little girl onto her lap.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“Oh I just wanted to see my favorite girl.” Chaeyoung playfully booped Ella’s nose.

 

“You wanted to see me?”

 

“Of course, I missed hanging out with you.”

 

“Really? Then can you come with mommy and me to the zoo this weekend?” Ella asked.

 

“I think I can do that.” Chaeyoung agreed and the little girl squealed in delight, hugging Chaeyoung tightly.

 

“Now what’s going on here?” Jennie asked, hearing all the ruckus in the dining room, her eyes also lighting up when she saw Chaeyoung, “Rosie.”

 

“Hey, thought I’d come say hi.”

 

Getting off of Chaeyong’s lap, Ella ran to her mother, “Mommy guess what!”

 

“What is it baby?”

 

“Auntie Chipmunk said she’ll go to the zoo with us this weekend.”

 

“Oh she is.”

 

“Mhm! Now c’mon let’s go have dinner with Auntie Chipmunk.” Ella dragged her mom to the table.

 

As Jennie was about to sit next to Chaeyoung, her daughter stopped her.

 

“That’s my spot mommy.” Ella stood in front of her mother.

 

“I’m sorry what?” Jennie looked down at Ella.

 

“I get to sit next to Auntie Chipmunk..Hmm..ah..come here mommy, you can sit here.” Ella made Jennie sit across from the blonde.

 

This..wow...my own daughter..the betrayal. Jennie pouted in her seat, while watching Chaeyoung take care of Ella from across the table.

 

“Isn’t it a nice sight.” Mrs. Kim whispered to her daughter.

 

“The best.” Jennie smiled, seeing how Ella and Chaeyoung got along so well. Her little bout of jealousy towards her own daughter was forgotten.

 

~

 

“Okay Ella time for bed.”

 

“Aww but mommy.” Ella whined.

 

After dinner, Ella dragged Chaeyoung to her playroom, asking her auntie to play dolls with her.

 

“No buts missy..c’mon let's go.”

 

“No...I want to stay with Auntie Rosie.” Ella suddenly started to call Chaeyoung by the nickname Jennie gave her.

 

“Hey Rosie is mine.” Jennie let the words slip out before she could stop herself.

 

“No Auntie Rosie is mine mommy! She said I’m her favorite girl.” Ella went to Chaeyoung who was sitting on the ground and clung onto her.

 

“Okay okay...how about I get you ready for bed Ella?” Chaeyoung stood up, lifting Ella up with her.

 

“Okay!” Ella agreed, hugging the blonde tighter.

 

“Show me where everything is?” Chaeyoung turned to Jennie, holding a hand out for the brunette to take.

 

“Sure.”

 

But Ella, noticing this, tugged at Chaeyoung’s arm until the blonde let go and held onto her tightly, afraid that the girl would fall with all her tugging. And for once in the 4 years since Ella’s been born, Jennie was mad at her own daughter.

 

This kid how dare she try to take my Rosie from me. Jennie scoffed in her mind, her possessive side getting the best of her.

 

After settling Ella in bed and making sure she was asleep, Chaeyoung made her way out of the girl’s room.

 

“Took you long enough, I thought you fell asleep too.” Jennie sarcastically commented, she was kicked out by the little girl when it was time for her bedtime story.

 

“I just wanted to make sure she was sound asleep.”

 

“Hmm okay.” Jennie nodded, still not giving Chaeyoung the time of day.

 

“Is something wrong?” Chaeyoung asked, taking a seat next to Jennie on the couch.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“I think there’s something.”

 

“It’s nothing Rosie. You should go, don’t you have work tonight?”

 

“I told them I had an emergency.” Chaeyoung smiled, taking Jennie’s hand in hers, “Tell me what’s on your mind?”

 

“I already told you it’s nothing. Just tell me about your lunch today? You didn’t even tell me.” Jennie tried to change the subject, while she absentmindedly played with Chaeyong’s fingers.

 

“Even if you don’t tell me, I think I already know what it is.” Chaeyoung shook her head, remembering a little trait the brunette seemed to have passed on to her daughter.

 

“You do?”

 

“Hmm...but you don’t have anything to worry about. I’m sure Ella prefers you over me. I’m just a new person in her life, so she’s a little excited right now.”

 

“Yep that’s it.” Jennie agreed right away, too embarrassed to admit the truth, “And I know that...it’s just…it’s always been just me and her you know. Like we had my parents and the girls..but at the end of the day, it was just me and her. Ella has also always kept mostly to herself, never really warming up to strangers easily, but with you..she’s so comfortable.”

 

“Maybe it’s cause I’m also a kid sometimes or maybe it’s because I’m just so charming.” Chaeyoung laughed.

 

“Yeah yeah okay.” Jennie laughed along.

 

As their laughter died down, a comfortable silence enveloped the two girls. Jennie still mindlessly playing with Chaeyoung’s fingers, as Chaeyoung watches on.

 

“What is it?” Jennie asked, noticing Chaeyoung’s eyes on her.

 

“Nothing..it’s just…me being weird.” Chaeyoung smiled, but before Jennie could push for an answer, the blonde’s phone rang. It was the hospital, which meant that Chaeyoung really had to go now.

 

“I’ll walk you out.”

 

“It’s fine, you go on up.”

 

“Just let me okay?”

 

“Alright alright.” Chaeyoung relented, letting Jennie walk out with her.

 

“Drive safely and text me after you get there.” Jennie whispered, pulling Chaeyoung for a quick hug, “And thank you..for mom and Ella.”

 

“It’s nothing and I will. Promise.” Chaeyoung returned the hug, giving the girl one last squeeze before letting go, “Go on in. It’s cold out here.”

 

“I will after I see you go.”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Rosie.”

 

“Just head inside as soon as I reach the gates okay?” Chaeyoung commanded, placing her cardigan over Jennie’s shoulders.

 

“I will now go.”

 

With a final nod, Chaeyoung got in her car and started the engine.. As she was about to drive off, a teasing smile appeared on her face, rolling the window down she called out to Jennie, “Hey Jen.”

 

“What is it?” Jennie stepped closer, leaning down a bit so she could see Chaeyoung’s face.

 

“Just wanted to let you know Rosie is yours, but share the name with Ella okay? You’re both my favorite girls after all..”

 

“Ya! You! I-- that’s not...I..Rosie..” Jennie was embarrassed at getting caught, covering her face with one of her hands.

 

“You’re still the same Jen..even after all these years. I’ll go now okay? Goodnight.” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, rolling her window back up and driving off.

 

“Goodnight Rosie.” Jennie softly spoke to herself, snuggling into Chaeyoung’s cardigan that smells just like her and like she told Chaeyoung, when the girl’s car reached the gates, Jennie made her way back inside the smile never leaving her face.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Days later, Chaeyoung was back at the Kim’s manor dressed casually, having told the hospital she won’t be available all day, because she promised Ella to go with them to the zoo and spend the whole day with her.

 

“Auntie Rosie you're here!” Ella smiled seeing the blonde at her door.

 

“Hey there.” Chaeyoung smiled, ruffling the girl’s hair a bit.

 

“You're early, I thought you’d meet us at the zoo?” Jennie asked, coming out of Ella’s closet with a change of clothes, the smile already on her face after seeing the girl.

 

“I promised her I’d spend the whole day. So here I am. Do you need help with anything?”

 

“I’m good, just grabbing an extra shirt and jacket just in case.” Jennie thanked Chaeyoung for the offer.

 

“Alright, if you guys are all set then we can go.”

 

The drive to the Zoo was filled with Ella’s chatter about pre-school and how sad she is that in a few months she’d have to say goodbye since she’ll be starting “big girl school.”

 

When they reached the zoo, Ella was practically jumping out of her booster seat.

 

“Mommy I wanna see the pandas first! Can we?? Then uhm the giraffes!”

 

“Okay okay, we can go see the pandas first.”

 

“Wait Jen, shouldn’t you wear a disguise or something..what if they recognize you and Ella?” Chaeyoung asked, grabbing Ella’s bag and slinging it over her shoulder.

 

“Even if they did, they can’t do anything. There’s a team dad hired that spends all day sweeping the internet and removing any photos/Videos/discussions of us. The news companies also won’t dare to post an article, they know better.” Jennie nonchalantly replied like it was the most normal thing in the world.

 

“Oh..that explains why there’s not a bunch of reporters around you anymore.”

 

“Yeah it’s quite nice..” Jennie smiled, before turning her attention on Ella, “Okay sweetie, make sure you don’t run away from mommy or Auntie Rosie understood?”

 

“Yes mommy!” Ella nodded, holding onto both Jennie’s and Chaeyoung’s hands.

 

“Alright now let’s go find the pandas.”

 

The trio spent a good amount of time wandering around the zoo. They saw the pandas, the giraffes, tigers, lions. Then the mother-daughter duo found out the zoo had baby capybaras, they were both so excited to see the baby rodents, practically jumping in delight.

 

“Alright guys let’s say goodbye to the capybaras, we still have to eat lunch.” Chaeyoung said, after having spent a little over an hour with the capybaras.

 

“But Auntie Rosie.”

 

“But Rosie.”

 

Both Jennie and Ella spoke at the same time, with a matching pout and puppy dog eyes. And Chaeyoung knew right then and there, that this mother-daughter duo is the most dangerous thing for her heart.

 

“Alright...you two stay, I’ll go grab some corn dogs okay?”

 

“Yay!” The two cheered.

 

“It’s like they’re both kids.” Chaeyoung chuckled to herself before heading out to find her girls some food.

 

“Mommy..” Ella called out to her mom.

 

“Yes baby?” Jennie turned to her daughter, who was still focused on the capybaras.

 

“Why do some kids have a mommy and daddy, some two daddies, and some two mommies..but why do I only have 1 mommy?” Ella innocently asked, not knowing how heavy the question is on Jennie.

 

“Ella I…” Jennie was surprised by the sudden question from her daughter, “Are you not happy with just mommy?” Jennie changed the topic, deciding it wasn’t the time to explain things to Ella. The girl was too young.

 

“I am, but it’s more fun when you're here mommy with Auntie Rosie.” Ella admitted.

 

“Don’t you like hanging out when we’re with Auntie Chu and Auntie Lisa? Or with Auntie Seulgi, Auntie Yeri, or Auntie Joy?”

 

“Mhm, but mommy smiles the most when she’s with Auntie Rosie.” Ella finally turned towards her mom, “And mommy never smiles like that with the other aunties.”

 

“Ella…” Jennie started to get emotional, how could her daughter notice something as small as that? And if Jennie thought that was all her daughter would say she was dead wrong, because Ella once again opened and asked, “Mommy...can Auntie Rosie become my mommy too?”

 

“You want Auntie Rosie to be your mommy too?” Jennie asked the question back, her mind and heart trying to catch up with the words her little princess is saying.

 

“Mhm then she can be my mommy Rosie and she can be with us all the time which means that mommy will be smiling all the time.”

 

“Sweetie...that’s not how that works..You see, before you can have another Mommy or daddy...I would have to marry them..and I can’t marry just anyone..Mommy and Ella would have to love them even more than all your aunts, grandma, and grandpa..plus they would have to love us just as much back.” Jennie tried her best to explain things to Ella.

 

“Well don’t you love Auntie Rosie mommy?”

 

“I…” Jennie looked around making sure Chaeyoung wasn’t back yet, “I do sweetie very much.”

 

“And I do too! So then in order for mommy to marry Auntie Rosie...Auntie Rosie just has to love mommy? Because Auntie Rosie told Ella she loves me.”

 

“She did? When?”

 

“After bedtime, she said ‘goodnight, I love you.’ I was just pretending to sleep, so I heard it.” Ella admitted.

 

“But does it have to be Auntie Rosie..what if it’s someone else?” Jennie asked, she didn’t want to get either her or Ella’s hopes up. If Chaeyoung one day finds someone else to love, no matter how much it’ll hurt, Jennie will have to really try to move on this time.

 

“Have to be me for what? Someone else for what?” Chaeyoung interrupted, hearing the question.

 

“Ella was just asking about something..it’s nothing.” Jennie brushed the topic off, grabbing one of the corn dogs from the blonde, “Ella come here let me wipe your hands and eat first.”

 

“Auntie Rosie!” Ella ran to Chaeyoung ignoring Jennie, “Do you love mommy? Do you want to be Ella’s mommy too?” She asked so bluntly, Chaeyoung nearly choked on her corndog.

 

“Rosie..here.” Jennie patted the blonde’s back, while opening one of the bottled waters they packed.

 

“I..Ella..I..” Chaeyoung began after clearing her airway, “I..why do you ask?” Chaeyoung asked, suddenly feeling her heart race.

 

“Well mommy said if I want you to be my mommy too...you have to marry her, but you can only marry if you love her and Ella too..and mommy and Ella also has to love you...and I love you Auntie Rosie and mommy says she loves you too.” Ella explained in the most endearing voice.

 

“I..uhm...Ella you see..” Chaeyoung bent down to match her height with the little girl, “I love you and your mommy very much, but there’s different types of love out there. I know your mommy loves me very much, but not in the way where she would want to marry me..does that make sense?” Chaeyoung asked, wiping the stray tear from the little girl’s eyes, pulling the little girl into her arms to comfort her, “But I’ll always be here for you. Remember that.” She whispered in Ella’s ear.

 

“Auntie...if you could, would you marry mommy and be my mommy too?” Ella asked in Chaeyoung’s ears.

 

“In a heartbeat Ells, but don’t tell your mother okay?” Chaeyoung answered honestly, only for the little girl to hear.

 

“Rosie.” Jennie called out to the blonde, pulling away from the little girl, Chaeyoung turned her attention to Jennie, and just knew that Jennie needed her too.

 

“It’s okay, I understand.” Chaeyoung now wrapped her arms around Jennie, and the girl returned the hug, clutching tightly onto Chaeyoung’s shirts trying to just keep it all in, “I know Jen..I know..it’s okay. I’ll be here for you both, no matter what.”

 

“Rosie..” Jennie clenched her jaw, she just wanted to tell the blonde what Ella said was true, that she did love Chaeyoung so much that she would marry the blonde right now if she could, but she didn’t...same goes with Chaeyoung….the two have just reconnected and neither wanted to ruin that. So they both thought it’ll be okay..that things right now, like this would be okay.

 

It was today that Ella also decided that she wouldn’t want anyone else to be her second parent then her Auntie Rosie.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

The months flew by, the seasons changed from fall to winter to spring. Everything seems to be changing, but at the same time things stayed the same.

 

“I don’t get you two.” Jisoo walked into Jennie’s office, plopping herself on the lounge chair the brunette keeps for when she needs a little power nap throughout the day or when Ella comes to visit.

 

“I’m lost here...me and who?” Jennie asked, eyes still focused on the report in front of her.

 

“You and Pasta duh.”

 

“Me and Rosie...what about us?”

 

“I don’t understand how you two can be so domestic, but yet not have a label?”

 

“We’re not domestic. What are you even talking about?” Jennie finally looked up and gave Jisoo her full undivided attention.

 

“Right. Suuuree..Like you and Ella aren’t practically living at her place, that she didn’t move to a bigger condo so Ella can have her own room, how you two sometimes alternate picking Ella up from school, and how you try to have at least one meal a day together..yeah not domestic at all. Yep. Super platonic.” Jisoo sarcastically replied.

 

“We...it’s complicated okay.” Jennie puffed her cheeks out, frustrated as well.

 

“Then un-complicate.”

 

“How?”

 

“Tell Pasta how you feel. Jeez sometimes I wonder if Uncle was sane when he decided to retire early and leave the empire to you.”

 

“Excuse you! I graduated top of my class.”

 

“Yes yes your so booksmart but when it comes to life you’re just as dumb as the rest of us. Look Jendeuk, if you don’t tell Pasta she’ll never know. And you’ll end up losing her.”

 

“I will okay..I’m just waiting for the right timing..I just want it to be perfect y’know.”

 

“You’re not asking her to marry you, it doesn’t have to be perfect.”

 

“Look I’ve wanted to….hold on, it’s Rosie.” Jennie smiled, seeing the caller ID on her phone,

 

“Hey Rosie, what’s up?”

 

“Tell her now.” Jisoo mouthed and Jennie waved a dismissive hand at this, turning around to face the window.

 

“Oh...no it’s fine..yeah..next time..mhm..okay I’ll let Ella know...yeah it’s no worries Rosie..really..okay. See you..Bye.” Jennie hung up, her shoulders slumping as she turned to face Jisoo again.

 

“What did she say that made your megawatt smile disappear and turn into this pouty kid?”

 

“Rosie can’t have dinner with us tonight.”

 

“That’s it? Jeez..you clingy dumpling.”

 

“Excuse me, like you're any better.”

 

“I am, but that’s not the point. Why’d she blow you off?”

 

“She didn’t say. Just that something came up.” Jennie frowned.

 

“Interesting... might be a date then.”

 

“She wouldn’t go on a date.”

 

“And why not?”

 

“Because...she...I...we... she just won’t.”

 

“See Jen, this is how it starts.”

 

“No Chu..it’s fine. I mean it’s only one day and she’s never backed out last minute before. This must be important. I’m not going to let you in my head with these thoughts. Now, I need to go and get Ella.”

 

“Alright alright, hey since Pasta bailed can I be her proxy?” Jisoo clung onto Jennie.

 

“If you stop spouting nonsense then maybe.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Chong-ah is that..” Lisa turned to the blonde and to the other doctor with her.

 

“Hi Lisa, it’s been a while.”

 

“Yeah it’s been since the last time I went to Australia to visit that one there.” Lisa returned the hug from the new doctor, “I thought you were staying in Melbourne?”

 

“I was, but a good opportunity came and so I thought why-not. I knew you and Chaengie were here so yeah..”

 

“Well it’s good to have you on board Suzy.”

 

“Yeah, I’m excited.” Suzy smiled, looping an arm around Chaeyoung, “It’ll be like old times right?”

 

“Oh great, someone please save me.” Chaeyoung joked.

 

“Ha ha, I wasn’t the….Oh, that’s me..I gotta go. But I’ll see you guys around yeah?” Suzy suddenly got a call, the two nodded at Suzy before the girl ran off.

 

“Suzy Bae huh.” Lisa spoke up after Suzy was clear out of sight.

 

“Okay I don’t like that tone...what are you trying to imply?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Nothing...I’m just saying...It’s her.”

 

“What about her?”

 

“Don’t act dumb, from all the flings you’ve had, and you’ve had many, she was probably the closest you got to a really serious relationship…like I know you liked her. I just don’t get why you never took it into anything more..”

 

“Can you not call them flings? It wasn’t like that okay..and who said we didn’t?”

 

“Wait WHAT?” Lisa yelled, scandalized.

 

“You guys were an actual thing??? I thought it was your usual fling..”

 

“Did I not tell you guys? We dated up until before I moved back.” Chaeyoung admitted nonchalantly.

 

“WHAT?!?!?!?! Wait wait, let me just process….you, Park Chaeyoung, who is terrified of commitment, actually had a serious relationship?!”

 

“I wasn’t scared of commitment, the people I went out with..we just didn’t have that connection you know.”

 

“Okay...sure sure. But still! This is huge! I’m so telling the others about this. I just know Joy and Yeri are going to flip out. Wait wait have you told Jennie?”

 

“Uh..no..she doesn’t even know about Suzy.”

 

“She doesn’t? Have you told her anything about your past?”

 

“No? I mean she doesn’t need to know about that. It’s all in the past, plus why would it even matter?”

 

“Oh you poor soul...Jennie’s a Kim ,have you forgotten that?”

 

“And what does being a Kim have to do with anything?”

 

“Do you not remember what happened to me when Chu found out about my hidden past? She was so mad like MAD. She literally ignored me for 3 months. THREE! I thought she was gonna breakup with me when she wanted to talk again.”

 

“I remember that! You whined on the phone so much.”

 

“Okay not the point, the point is the women in that family are very possessive it doesn’t matter if it’s your past, the point is you were intimate with someone other than them.”

 

“Right..but we’re just friends now. I don’t think it’ll be like that.”

 

“That’s even worse! Jen is probably frustrated enough that you guys don’t have a label but now this.” Lisa threw her hands in the air.

 

“Lisa...we’re not like that okay? Just friends.”

 

“Honestly, the rest of us don’t know what else to do with you two.” Lisa threw her hands up in defeat.

 

“Lisa, we’re friends. Nothing more, nothing less. How many times do we have to tell you guys that?”

 

“Look Chaeyoung...you and Jennie are both smart, but your also both very stupid when it comes to your own feelings. Actually it’s not stupidity, it’s fear. You both let your fears stop you from turning this so-called friendship into anything more and if you keep on this path, then you’ll just end up hurting each other.”

 

“It’s complicated okay..plus I’m not even certain of her feelings for me. She’s always been like this towards me, and it’s never turned into anything.”

 

“You won’t know unless you tell her Chae. You can’t treat this like a diagnosis...don’t go based off of history, go based on the present, because you should really look and see how she looks at you.”

 

“Okay...maybe I’ll try to tell her.”

 

“That’s all I ask, trust me..you won’t regret it.”

 

“Yeah yeah.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“So you’re going to come with us for the gala this year right?” Jennie asked, settling on the lounge chair in Chaeyoung’s office at the hospital.

 

“Yes, your mother asked me before you did, she wanted me to make sure my schedule is clear that day.” Chaeyoung chuckled, “Do you think it’ll be okay though? I mean you guys always arrive as a family only.”

 

“Right, she mentioned that, and of course, mom adores you..your practically family. Don’t tell dad I told you, but he gets a wee bit jealous with how much mom gushes about you.” Jennie chuckled, “Just what is it about you that gets all the females in my family so attached hmm?”

 

“I don’t know, I guess I just have a magnetic personality. I mean I am charming.” Chaeyoung gave a charming wink towards the brunette, who rolled her eyes, “How humble of you.”

“No but seriously, from my mother, my aunts, my daughter...me..” Jennie admitted shyly, “Just what is it about you?” She looked at Chaeyoung.

 

“Don’t forget Chu.” Chaeyoung chuckled, her attention on a patient’s chart.

 

“Chu?” Jennie frowned, getting up from the seat, walking towards the blonde, “My cousin Kim Jisoo? That Chu???”

 

“Mhm.”

 

“Ayy no way, she was such a cold hearted brat to you and the others in high school.”

 

“Don’t tell Lisa this, because Chu made me SWEAR to never let her know, plus I’m scared Lisa will kill me...but do you remember sophomore year when Chu suddenly started calling me pasta?”

 

~ Flashback ~

 

Park Chaeyoung was always nervous around Kim Jisoo...it’s been a year and the other Kim is yet to fully warm up to her and her friends. Chaeyoung thinks Jisoo stays friends with them because of Jennie...but that’s not the case.

 

Jisoo is actually very fond of Chaeyoung and her friends, but she’s always been cautious with people. Scared that their kindness has a hidden meaning. That’s why it seems like she hasn’t gotten close to them, but in her own way she has.

 

“I guess we're partners this time Jisoo.” Chaeyoung smiled, it was the first time she wasn’t paired with Jennie, much to Jennie’s distaste.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So...I was thinking we can get started by doing some research at the library. Our topic is pretty fun, the evolution of music in the 1900s.” Chaeyoung smiled, she loves music so when Mr. Seo gave them their topic for their year end project, she almost jumped up from her seat.

 

“Yeah.” Jisoo nodded along.

 

“Cool. So after school then?”

 

“Okay.”

 

~ ~

 

“Chae I’m already hungry, can we take a quick break please???” Jisoo whined childishly, it’s been about 2 months now, the two have gotten way closer… one might even argue as close as Chaeyoung is to Jennie.

 

“But Chu, we’re almost done with the 60s, it’s the Beatles’ Era! We can take a break after yeah?”

 

“But Chaeeeeeeeeee” Jisoo whined like a child, grabbing Chaeyoung by the arm and swinging it while pouting, “I’m really hungry.”

 

“Alright okay.” Chaeyoung playfully ruffled the girl’s hair, “I guess we can have dinner then call it a day.”

 

“Assa! You’re the best Chaeng.” Jisoo smiled, wrapping an arm around Chaeyoung’s arm, resting her head on the girl’s shoulder, “Yeah yea, I’m paying even though your rich.” Chaeyoung teased, earning herself a soft jab from the shorter girl.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“I can’t believe we’re all done with this!”

 

“I can’t believe it took this long, who knew music evolved so much in one century.” Jisoo was amazed, 3 months and the two have finally summarized all the main musical genres of the 1900s from jazz, to swing, to blues, to Rock ‘n Roll.

 

“Yeah..it’ll be weird not spending every other day with you anymore.”

 

“Aww is Jichu going to miss spending time with me?” Chaeyoung teased.

 

“I will. I love it when I spend time with you alone.” Jisoo admitted.

 

“You can always ask me to hang out with you Chu, it’s not like I have anything else going on.”

 

“I know...what I meant is..when I’m with you I feel calm. Like you make me feel calm Chaeyoung.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“Don’t tell Jendeukie, but I think I have a crush on you Park Chaeyoung.” Jisoo smiled, she knows her feelings for the girl have definitely grown a tiny bit more than as platonic friends, since she began to constantly crave the girl in her life.

 

“What? I...Chu..I..”

 

“Don’t freak out Chae, it’s just a crush. I don’t know if it’ll turn into anything more, so don’t be all weird you got it Pasta?” Jisoo’s voice was stern.

 

“Pasta?”

 

“Mhm, because you made me like pasta.”

 

“I’m lost.” Chaeyoung frowned.

 

“It’s okay. Just know, your pasta from now on, my pasta.” Jisoo smiled, “Now let’s go celebrate finishing this project with food...my treat this time.” Jisoo clung onto Chaeyoung and dragged her out of the library.

 

~End Flashback~

 

“I didn’t understand it until Joy jokingly told me ‘all spaghetti is straight until wet’ and I asked Chu and she was like ‘yeah, but I’m over you now, thanks for helping me figure it out Pasta.’ And then threatened to shave my eyebrows if I breathe a word about it to anyone..Oh..Jen? Hey where are you..” but Chaeyoung’s words were all ignored, as Jennie stomped out of the blonde’s office.

 

“Kim Jisoo.” Jennie barged into Jisoo’s set, causing the girl to halt filming.

 

“Cut cut!” Jisoo yelled out, before turning to her fuming cousin, “Someone better be dying for you to interrupt my shoot like this.”

 

“We need to talk.” Jennie grabbed her cousin by the arm and took her away from earshot.

 

“Okay what is it?” Jisoo asked, trying to hide her nervousness, because Jennie looks like she’s seconds away from ripping her head off.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me the real reason why you started to call Rosie, Pasta?”

 

“That stupid idiot. I’m going to kill her.” Jisoo grumbled, “Look Jen, it was over a decade ago, and it was just a silly crush. I’m not trying to steal Pasta away from you.”

 

“Stop calling her that.”

 

“No. Pasta is mine. It’s special.”

 

“Chu!!” Jennie whined.

 

“Jendeuk it was years ago really. It was just a silly little crush that never grew into anything more. The nickname is just a funny little reminder and somewhat of an inside joke between the two of us, well I guess now your part of it too. Chill okay.”

 

“I..I’m sorry Chu...I’m just..I’ve just been on edge lately.” Jennie sighed, letting her shoulder slump. Anger disappearing.

 

“Yeah I can tell. Look, the galas coming up right? Why not tell her that night? Pull her away from the party and just tell her. Trust me.”

 

“You think I should? I mean..what if she doesn’t feel the same way?”

 

“Just take the risk Jen.”

 

“Okay.” Jennie nodded.

 

“Good now, I have to go...don’t want to be too far behind schedule. But I’ll see you guys tonight.” Jisoo smiled, hugging her cousin briefly before running back, “OKAY EVERYONE PLACES PLEASE!”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Mommy since Auntie Rosie can’t come home tonight, can we go visit her work?” Ella asked while Jennie helped with her seatbelt.

 

“Should we get some dinner and visit her then?”

 

“Can we??”

 

“Sure sweetie, I’ll text her so she knows we're coming.”

 

“Yay!”

 

The drive to the hospital didn’t take long from the vietnamese restaurant they frequent. Walking through the hospital, Ella was holding the small bag that had the fresh spring rolls while Jennie carried the bigger bag with pho.

 

Meanwhile, as the two were excitedly walking to Chaeyoung’s office, the blonde had another visitor.

 

“So you’re really staying?”

 

“I told you this already..don’t believe me?”

 

“It’s not that..I just...”

 

“I told you I’d come for you didn’t I? To just give me a bit of time.”

 

“I know….”

 

“You told me you’d wait...no matter how long it takes.”

 

“I did...but we also decided to separate right?”

 

“We’re on a break Chaeyoung..that’s different. It’s a pause, not a stop….why? Did something happen?” The girl cupped Chaeyoung’s cheeks, forcing the blonde to look at her.

 

“No..nothing happened..I just..I wasn’t..I’m..” Chaeyoung sighed, avoiding the girl’s searching eyes once again.

 

“I missed you y’know. God, it’s only been a year but it felt like forever.”

 

“Suzy….” Chaeyoung sighed, letting Suzy lean her forehead on Chaeyoung’s chest.

 

“I know I made you wait, but I’m here now. Can that be enough?” Suzy asked, her arms snaking around Chaeyoung’s waist, holding her tightly. Silently begging Chaeyoung to tell her that she missed her too..that she’s happy she’s here.

 

But before she could get a word out, the door burst open and a loud, “Auntie Rosie!” rang out, followed by a giggle.

 

“Hey there Princess.” Chaeyoung moved away from Suzy, lifting the little girl in her arms, “Mommy and I wanted to surprise you with dinner.” Ella happily lifted the plastic bag in her hand.

 

“Wow. Thank you.” Chaeyoung smiled, kissing the little girl’s cheek before setting her back down and smiling at Jennie who was staring at her with a raised brow.

 

“Chaeng.” Suzy called out, her voice soft but stern. Turning back towards the girl, Chaeyoung knew she wanted an explanation.

 

“Rosie.” Jennie called out, making the blonde turn back towards Jennie and Ella who were also looking at her questioningly.

 

Chaeyoung literally felt like she got caught cheating, which is why the first thing that came out of while facing Jennie is, “It’s not what it looks like.”

 

“Chaeyoung.” Suzy grabbed the blonde by the arm, forcing Chaeyoung to look back at Suzy, “Let’s talk later.” Chaeyoung whispered to the girl, Suzy scoffed at this and stepped around Chaeyoung putting herself in between Chaeyoung and Jennie.

 

“Hello who might you be?” Suzy bent down, smiling at Ella sweetly.

 

“Mommy?” Ella turned to her mother who just nodded her head.

 

“Hello, my name is Ella Kim.” Ella respectfully introduced herself.

 

“Well it’s nice to meet you Ella, my name is Dr. Bae, Dr. Suzy Bae.” Suzy smiled at the younger girl, before standing back up and looking at the cat-eyed girl who’s been eyeing her like prey, “And you must be Jennie right? Jennie Kim?” Suzy looked at the girl up and down, as if she was sizing her up.

 

“Suzy Bae...don’t tell me your Joohyun’s cousin.”

 

“I see you know our family.”

 

“Joohyun..you mean that Bae Joohyun?” Chaeyoung interjected, “The Baes who own this hospital?”

 

“Uh surprise?” Suzy turned to Chaeyoung, chuckling awkwardly, “Chaengie I was going to tell you sooner...but my aunt got sick, so I had to manage our company there for a bit.”

 

“Wait wait, so you..we..you..I..hold up.. Let me just…” Chaeyoung sat at her desk chair, totally surprised by this new found information about Suzy.

 

“Auntie Rosie...I’m hungry.” Ella whined after a few moments of silence.

 

“Oh..okay..why don’t we eat. Suzy.” Chaeyoung turned to Suzy, pulling her away from the staring contest she was having with Jennie, “Let’s talk later. Okay?”

 

“I’ll wait for you then.” Suzy nodded, about to step out, but three steps in she turned back to where Chaeyoung, Jennie, and Ella were now sitting and placed a chaste kiss on Chaeyoung’s lips who was stunned in place.

 

“You guys have a good meal.”

 

After the door shut, Chaeyoung released the breath she didn’t even know she was holding.

 

“So..what was that?” Jennie asked, sounding indifferent, but Chaeyoung knew better. She knew that behind that soft sweet voice, is a predator ready to pounce on her prey.

 

“I..uhm..I..” Chaeyoung pulled at her collar, suddenly feeling very hot.

 

“Auntie Rosie.” Ella tapped her shoulder.

 

“Yes?” She asked, thanking the little girl for buying her some time.

 

“Bend down a bit.” Ella smiled, and when Chaeyoung did, the little girl took her napkin and wiped Chaeyoung’s lips, “You have sauce on your lips Auntie Rosie.” Ella laughed.

 

“Oh did I?” Chaeyoung chuckled lightly, “Thank you Ella.” She cooed.

“Park Chaeyoung.” Jennie called out to Chaeyoung, who stood up straighter in her seat. Jennie only ever called her by her full name when the girl is upset at her.

 

“Let’s eat first, then we can talk okay?” Chaeyoung tilted her head towards Ella’s direction.

 

“Fine.” Jennie relented.

 

“Auntie Rosie, do you love Dr. Bae?” Ella asked, causing Chaeyoung to choke on her noodles.

 

“I...uhm..Why do you ask?”

 

“Because she kissed you. Mommy says that kisses should only be shared if you love each other.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah Oh.” Jennie chimed in.

 

“Jen please.” Chaeyoung sighed, she really feels like she just got caught cheating. Like is this how stressful it is?

 

“Sweetie, hurry up with your food. It’s getting late, we should go soon.”

 

“Jennie c’mon.”

 

“What?”

 

“Ella, do you want to go look for auntie Lisa? She said she has something cool to show you. Your mommy and I will just talk okay?”

 

“Really?” Ella got excited.

 

“Sure.” Jennie agreed, and Chaeyoung texted Lisa right away.

 

SOS I need you to get Ella for a bit. - Chipmunk.

 

What happened? Is Jennie okay? Are you okay? - Lil Monkey

 

Suzy happened..it’s...it’s a long story. -Chipmunk.

 

I FREAKING TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! - Lil Monkey

 

Okay I’m on my way, give me a few minutes. - Lil Monkey

 

Oh btw, do you want to be cremated after Jen kills you or???

LMAOOOOOO - Lil Monkey

 

Just get over here. I don’t even know if the food is going in my mouth or up my nose it’s so awkward. And she’s making it feel like I cheated or something. -Chipmunk

 

….OOF...but you brought this upon yourself Chaeng… - Lil Monkey

 

“Where’s my favorite god-daughter??” Lisa barged inside Chaeyoung’s office, winking at the blonde.

 

“Auntie Lisa.” Ella giggled, “I’m your only god-daughter.”

 

“That you are, now c’mon let’s take your meal and finish it in my office and then I’ll show you something super cool.” Lisa took Ella’s bowl in one hand and the little girl’s hand in the other, “You two behave in here alright?” Lisa commanded, walking out with Ella.

 

“It’s really not what it looks like. And she kissed me okay? I was caught completely off guard.” Chaeyoung explained after the door clicked shut. The food in front of her forgotten.

 

“Mhm, yeah okay sure.” Jennie folded her arms across her chest. She’s been so on edge lately especially since Chaeyoung seemed to be cancelling their plans more often that this was the not so sweet icing on the cake.

 

“Look Rosie, if she’s your girlfriend that’s fine with me. You didn’t have to hide it you know. I’m cool with it.” Jennie lied, her aura changing 180 degrees. Trying to keep her composure.

 

“Are you really?” Chaeyoung studied Jennie.

 

“Yeah of course, I just don’t like that you would hide it y’know.”

 

“So you’d be fine with it, if I was dating Suzy.”

 

“Yes.” Jennie nodded, trying not to physically wince at her own response. Because who was she trying to fool here? Chaeyoung or herself?

 

“You were never a good liar Jen.” Chaeyoung smiled softly.

 

“I’m not lying.”

 

“Right okay. Glaring at her the entire time was just you being nice.” Chaeyoung couldn’t hold the small chuckle back.

 

“I wasn’t glaring. I have a resting face you know.”

 

“We dated though..or are..dating..I don’t know it’s complicated.” Chaeyoung turned serious.

 

“So which is it? Dated or dating?”

 

“We’re on a break. I had to come here and she had to stay there. She asked me for a break and to wait for her.”

 

“And were you?”

 

“Was I what?”

 

“Have you been waiting...for her”

 

“I told her I would,” Chaeyoung admitted, “because at the time my heart was yelling yes..but then..” The taller girl trailed off, her gaze softening as she watched the brunette in front of her try to keep herself in check. To try and keep her composure.

 

“Then?”

 

“Well then I ran into a little girl and for some reason we always crossed paths...and that path led me to her mother...and it changed everything for me...it made me realize why Lisa had been so convinced that I was afraid of commitment, why I had so many flings..why I just couldn’t settle down. Why I’m able to live in this little bubble we’ve made...in this little family that I can’t really call my own...Why I see myself finally settling down.”

 

“Rosie.”

 

“I’ve been so in-love with you Jennie Kim. I thought I had forgotten that I’ve moved on...but then you and your little bundle of joy came into my life and all these feelings just came back to me. They hit me so strongly, that I just let myself dive straight into it. I thought I could wait for Suzy, but I can’t..because I don’t think I can choose anyone else but you and Ella. I told you right...you’re both my favorite girls.”

 

“Rosie..I..uhm I..”

 

“Look you don’t have to answer me or anything...I’ve always known where I stood with you. Just know that I love you and that won’t be changing anytime soon..so don’t be too awkward around me okay?” Chaeyoung tried to joke to ease the mood, but Jennie was just staring at her softly.

 

“Rosie.” Jennie smiled, getting up from her seat, cupping Chaeyoung’s cheeks in her palms.

 

“Jen?” Chaeyoung raised a questioning brow at the girl, and before she knew it. Jennie’s lips met hers.

 

It took a moment, but Chaeyoung responded to the kiss right away, her hands finding Jennie’s hips, letting the girl sit on her lap as she deepened the kiss.

 

“I..that’s my answer.” Jennie smiled shyly, burying her face in the crook of Chaeyoung’s neck, “Don’t let us go okay?”

 

“I promise.”

 

“Hmm.” Jennie hummed, hugging Chaeyoung tighter.

 

“Jen?” Chaeyoung softly called out, after a few moments of Jennie clinging onto her.

 

“Just let me have you to myself for a little bit longer before I have to share you with Ella.”

 

Chaeyoung chuckled fondly at this, “I can’t believe you get jealous over your own daughter.”

 

“I am not.” Jennie whined like a child.

 

“Alright alright, you’re not.”

 

The two stayed like that, Jennie hugging Chaeyoung while the latter played with her hair.

 

“Are you good now?” Chaeyoung asked with a smile when Jennie finally lifted her head up from her shoulder.

 

“Let’s go find my baby.”

 

“Okay.” Chaeyoung nodded.

 

While the two were hunting Ella and Lisa down, the two, well one of the two in question was in a tiny, just a tiny little bit of trouble.

 

“My goodness her mother is going to k word me.” Lisa was pacing while Dr. Yoon was stitching the little girl’s forehead.

 

“It’s just a small wound Dr. Manoban, she’ll be just fine. And it’s only 2 stitches.”

 

“You don’t understand Dr. Yoon! Oh God her and Chae they’ll both murder me.” Lisa again ignored the calls from Jennie and Chaeyoung, in hopes of trying to prolong her life a little longer.

 

“Okay well...I’m all done here..just be careful next time okay? She should be up in a few hours.” Dr. Yoon patted Lisa’s shoulder before walking off.

 

Lisa’s phone rang once again...and again the girl declined, opting to call for backup instead.

 

“Babe where are you? Are you near the hospital?” Lisa asked in a hushed tone, hoping that Jennie and Chaeyoung aren’t nearby.

 

“I’m not...but what happened?”

 

“You see...Jennie or Chaeyoung might k word me once they find me.”

 

“Oh boy...what happened..what did you do? Lalisa I swear..” Jisoo breathed out heavily, pinching her nose bridge, questioning how her girlfriend became a doctor when she’s so chaotic.

 

“Okay so...something happened and I had to take Ella...and we went to the garden and...she tripped and hit her head and now she’s in the emergency room with stitches.”

 

“Lalisa you! How’s my little girl? How could she have...just..I..we’ll talk at home..if those two don’t kill you first, I will. I’m hanging up.”

 

“But ba-baby...it wasn’t..hello? Chu?? Aish...I’m so dead.” Lisa closed her eyes.

 

“Yeah you are.”

 

“Oh you shocked me.” Lisa jumped up, landing in a fighting stance, “Ya! Wannie you. I thought you were Ch…..Chong-ah..hey..Jen..ah hahah..” Lisa awkwardly chuckled, when she saw Chaeyoung and Jennie glaring at her.

 

“Sorry they cornered me.” Wendy whispered before running off.

 

“Lalisa Manoban, do you want to explain to me why my daughter is lying on a hospital bed with stitches on her forehead? Or should I just end you know?” Jennie asked with a smile on her face.

 

“Jen..my bestest friend, Jennie Kim the ever forgiving Jennie..it was an accident..you see we were out in the garden and she tripped..and I’m so sorry I couldn’t catch her in-time.” Lisa bit her lip, bowing her head.

 

“Wendy mentioned Dr. Yoon tended to her, how’s her head? Did you get an X-Ray? CT? MRI?”

 

“Everything is good Chae. It was just a deep cut, that’s it. There shouldn’t be a big scar.”

 

“That’s good. I know you care for Ella Lis..and I know you didn’t want her to get hurt. Accidents happen. It’s okay. I’ll take them home tonight. Cover my night shift okay?”

 

“B-b-but Chong-ah I’ve been here since this...I mean yes, yes go take them home..I’ll be happy to take your night shift.” Lisa nodded her head furiously after seeing the threatening smile on Chaeyoung’s face.

 

“C’mon Jen, it was an accident. Let’s get you both home okay?” Chaeyoung went to Jennie’s side, taking the brunette’s hand in hers, successfully calming Jennie.

 

“Alright.”

 

After discharging Ella, Jennie and Chaeyoung began to drive back to Chaeyoung’s place.

 

“There we go.” Chaeyoung smiled, pulling the covers over Ella’s body. The little girl was still asleep, partly from the anesthetic and from exhaustion as well.

 

“Hey she’s okay.” Chaeyoung comforted Jennie again, the girl was shaking ever since Wendy told them Ella was in the emergency department.

“I know..I just…”

 

“It’s okay. It’s normal, you’re her mother.” Chaeyoung held Jennie in her arms.

 

“How are you so calm?”

 

“I’m a doctor...I have to stay calm in situations like that. If I lose my composure I can lose my patient.”

 

“My Dr. Rosie has become so capable huh.” Jennie teased, feeling better.

 

“I have.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Okay wait so...what are you guys then?”

 

“Well I don’t know.”

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?! What was the point in the confessions then?”

 

“But you kissed her though right?”

 

“I just..yes.. I told you that.” Jennie blushed.

 

“I know, I just like seeing you so flustered.” Jisoo chuckled.

 

“Kim Jisoo you!”

 

“Look Jendeuk...just go claim your Rosie already, before Suzy does.”

 

“Don’t even say her name. She’s so...ugghh!” Jennie groaned.

 

“Well then why are you still bothering me? Go get your girl!” Jisoo chuckled.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Hey are you at your office?” Jennie asked, on the phone with Chaeyoung.

 

“I’m doing rounds now, are you here?”

 

“Yeah I’m….oh I’m so..” Jennie lost her voice seeing who she bumped into.

 

“Jen? Hello?”

 

“Jongin….” Jennie muttered.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: So...I was going to end it at this chapter, but one more chapter for the drama. Don’t worry it won’t be bad...or will it? Idk...haven’t decided.

 

Anyways...I hope everyone had a good holiday!

 

Happy New Year!