Wonha's Wedding

Cameras Rolling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She could hear her heart drumming in her ears... and the crowd outside, murmuring in anticipation with the birds, harmoniously chirping along with them..

 

Staring at the mirror for what felt like hours already, she must say, throughout all those sleepless nights of nervousness and anticipation for this very day, she's quite impressed with herself of how lively she looks right now.

 

Heart still hammering in her chest and stomach filling up with butterflies flying crazy... the feeling only intensifies when she heard the door open behind her after three small knocks.

 

"Are you ready?" 

 

Yuna, her maid of honour had asked. 

 

Locking eyes with her best friend through the reflection of the mirror, she saw the way Yuna had tried to hold back her tears.

 

"You look beautiful Eunbi" She added on before walking towards the shorter. 

 

Eunbi could only smile widely and nod before standing up, ready to leave that mirror behind, having served its purpose for the last couple of hours already...

 

Thanking the hairstylists and makeup artists around her one last time. She finally turns towards Yuju, heart feeling light and breath getting quicker and quicker as her time has finally come for this day...

 

"I'm ready"

 

 

___

 

 

The calming melody of Canon in D created a swift harmony with the small cheers of the crowd, the moment Eunbi stepped out.

 

The cheers soon quiet down as Eunbi walked further down the aisle, now with only the calming piano music pushing her and her long white dress trailing behind her gently. 

 

She had had a look at the audience just before stepping out.

 

Sojung and her had decided on a fairly smaller wedding, for the people most important to them. 

 

Because of this, Eunbi had gotten quite a good view of the crowd.

 

Some familiar faces.

 

Some unfamiliar faces.

 

But all the more special to her as they join her for the most important day of her life. 

 

She saw her mother too, tears in her eye... but a big smile on her face... and although her father wasn't there sitting on his guest chair... or here to walk her down the aisle... she had this small feeling that the man was still here... not too far away... perhaps hiding somewhere, too ashamed to show his face... but nevertheless still here.

 

And you know what? That was enough for Eunbi.

 

She was just happy that he's here of all things.

 

Looking forward ahead though... everyone around her suddenly disappears as all her attention shifts onto one person and one person only.

 

Sojung

 

right then... Sojung was all she could see...

 

and by the gods... she doesn't think it's possible for anyone to look more beautiful than the woman in front of her nor does she think anyone in the world suits a wedding dress more than Sojung.

 

She's just so beautiful... and Eunbi felt her eyes go blurry already before she had even finished walking towards the A-lister.

 

Looking up, she realised she wasn't the only one with tears in her eyes... 

 

"You're beautiful" Sojung mouthed to Eunbi as the shorter finally stopped in front of her.

 

Eunbi wanted to say a million things then. 

 

If she was beautiful then Eunbi will have to start looking for Sojung's wings... because the older is no doubt an angel on earth.

 

"You're radiant Sojung"

 

"You're amazing"

 

"You make me breathless"

 

"I'm so freaking happy right now that you're here with me"

 

She wanted to rap that all out to Sojung.

 

She just couldn't contain how happy she is right now... but after hearing the music lower in volume, she decided those words will need to wait for after the ceremony...

 

Because their marriage officiant, being none other than Jung Yerin herself is about to speak.

 

No one should even be surprised by now of this. Sojung and Eunbi had never been big on tradition... and honestly, they couldn't think of a better person to do this than Sojung's goofy yet witty full-time best friend and part-time manager. 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen. We are gathered here today, to celebrate one of life's most wonderful... most important gifts of all... the joining of two hearts and the connections of two wonderful souls. 

 

Today, we come together to witness the most extraordinary event of anyone's lives... and that's two lives joining together. 

 

For them, out of the flips and turns, life has thrown at them, they managed to find each other through all odds and fell in love soon after. Through thick and thin, they stuck together, knowing that as long as they have each other, there is nothing in the world they cannot withstand. Like all relationships, it is impossible for there to be no complications. But those complications are what made their love stronger and that very thing, is why we are here today... to celebrate their desires to love one another... to see them finally tie the knot. 

 

With that said though, today is also a celebration for the rest of us, a celebration to witness the first hand of true love and to be able to participate in the union of two beautiful people. 

 

So sit down and relax

 

and let's get this ceremony started!"

 

Yerin smiled widely at the soon to be wives and waited patiently for the audience applause to lower down slightly. 

 

"Before I ask you two to become wife and wife, I first of all, would like to give some word of wisdom on this marriage."

 

The crowd laughs at this whilst Sojung just playfully glares at her best friend.

 

"Sojung is glaring at me right now, cause she thinks I'm going to say something stupid, but little does she know I have more install for her than that."

 

"Ya! Yerin!"

 

"Alright alright, I'll continue..." Yerin chuckles along with the rest of the audience, before pulling out some small palm cards she had written up all night."In the wise words of Maya Angelou, Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. This very love is what brought you, Kim Sojung and Jung Eunbi here today.  I wish for you two to hold each other hands no matter how many years will past. I want you to remember to always say I love you every day to each other for the rest of you're lives. You must remember that the small things are the big things. Never forget to cherish each other every single second of every single minute. If you two can promise each other this consistency, I don't even think it'll be impossible for you two to face the world. Now.. with my speech coming to an end, I ask you to face each other and exchange your vows."

 

They do as told, facing each other once more and held onto each other's hands gently.

 

Sojung rolled her eyes up and blinked repidly a few times, subtly trying to stop the tears from rolling down her cheeks whilst Eunbi has already given up, unable to contain herself any further from how happy she is right now. 

 

"I'll start then" Sojung spoke up first, smiling at Eunbi in the way the latter loves most and never fails to melt her heart.

 

Warmly

 

"I'm going to be honest Eunbi... I've been quite restless these past couple of nights, trying to write up the perfect vow just for this. I don't think I've ever been so stressed out in my life. Not for my finals in high school and not from needing to memorize 1000 pages worth of transcripts for my job. Because unlike that stuff... this speech will probably be the most important speech I'll ever say in my life. Because it's for you... the love of my life and the love of my next life if I'll ever be lucky enough to have another.... Because it's you.. it's always going to be you... no matter where... not matter when..." 

 

She squeezes Eunbi's hands.

 

"I wanted to make this speech perfect... and although I don't personally think it's quite there yet... I still hope you will be able to hear my sincerity from it..."

"Jung Eunbi... I don't think it's enough to say that I love you because it feels like it's so much more than that. When I fell, you were there to pull me back up, when I was down you will always cheer me up. It didn't matter how many issues there were because you were always with me to face them together. You complete me Eunbi. You gave my life a whole new meaning. You made me see things that I didn't think was possi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter