Gone with time

Cameras Rolling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 a.m.

"Unnie... Yuna called me, she said you didn't come home last night..." Yewon states out softly when entering Sojung's hospital room, after being greeted by the sight of Eunbi sitting next to Sojung's bed.

.

"No..." Eunbi responds matter-of-factly, clearly exhausted, "I was here with Sojung"

 

"Did you even eat? Should I get you something?" 

 

"No, it's ok, I'll be fine Yewon...it's still early, you should get yourself something. Don't worry about me"

 

"But you-"

 

"I'm really okay Yewon" Eunbi locks eyes with Yewon and smiles assuringly. 

 

Knowing Eunbi's stubborn nature,

 

she saw no point to argue with the woman, so... hesitantly Yewon agreed.

 

Walking out of the room and closing the door behind her, she felt a tear trail down her cheek, knowing fully well, the lies behind Eunbi's words. 

 

12 p.m.

 

"Eunbi?" Yerin was shocked to see the younger woman wiping away the sweat beads from Sojung's forehead. 

 

Well... what shocked her wasn't exactly what Eunbi was doing for the A-lister. She was more or less just greatly concerned of the fact that the latter didn't seem to have moved from her spot since she last saw her over a day ago, when Sojung was admitted. 

 

"Ah, Yerin.. hey" Eunbi greets quietly

"Hey" She says again after coughing once or twice, trying her best to get rid of the tiredness that was clearly evident in her voice. 

 

Giving Eunbi a sad smile of empathy, Yerin pulls a chair beside her and sits down.

 

Minutes pass by as the two women just stared at the unconscious A-lister in silence.

 

"Seventy-two hours and she's still sleeping like a baby. She's always had a bad habit of sleeping in" Yerin tried to cheer up the atmosphere a little with a rather small, yet dry, joke. 

She received a small chuckle from the younger, but for some reason, a particular dark aura was still surrounding them.

 

Feeling herself needing to say literally anything else, Yerin's mind sets onto something more... serious. 

 

"Jin's getting trialed as we speak. I have a feeling he's not going to come out in a long time..." 

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

"I'm... glad to hear that" Eunbi finally replies before settling back to being quiet and just staring at Sojung. The latter had dark circles around her eyes. Her face was unhealthily pale and her eyes...

 

Just the look in those eyes made Yerin felt her heart clench at the sight. 

 

"She'll wake up Eunbi..." Yerin places a hand onto the shorter's shoulder. "The doctor's had assured us and besides" She turns towards the A-lister again "She's strong Eunbi... so Strong."

 

"...I know" Eunbi sighs, and breaks her stare before looking down at her lap. "I... I just wonder... what was going through her head right before she was struck."

 

"I'm no psychic myself but... being her best friend for years, I think I'm somewhat qualified to speak for her mind" Yerin holds onto Eunbi's hand and puts on a reassuring smile. "I have a feeling the only thing that filled her mind then was how to protect you." 

 

Eunbi slowly raises her head to look at Yerin before reciprocating the smile.

 

"Thank you, Yerin"

 

1:30 p.m.

 

"Don't know how you can stay in this position for so long Eunbi" Yerin stands up and stretches out her back which had been beyond sore for sitting in one position for too long. 

 

"Takes a lot of emotional bombshells and a lot of love" Eunbi chuckles, before reaching out and grabbing hold of Sojung's hand.

 

"Young love" Yerin shakes her head before going back to stretching.

 

"You're like one year younger than Sojung and a year older than me, calm down." 

 

"Alright alright... I'm going to grab a bite, want anything?"

 

"No, I'll be ok"

 

"Eunbi..." Yerin furrows her eyebrows "Did you even eat at all today?"

 

...

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter