The Reveal

Cameras Rolling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you're ok?" Yerin asks in concern, knowing the exact answer to that question instantly, seeing her best friend shaking in her seat with her hands covering her face.

A familiar scene she had really hoped she wouldn't witness again since the first time she's witnessed her like this... but life had other plans and this would be the second time since the first.

 

"I'll get you some water, Sojung... I'll call Eunbi as well"

 

"No!" Sojung quickly grabbed Yerin's forearm to stop her from moving. "Don't"

 

"She needs to know Sojung"

 

"..."

 

"She's your fiance"

 

"She's going to be worried.."

 

"As she should be! Heck, I'm worried! What good is it going to be for you keeping all this to yourself? Haven't you learned anything these past years? Can you stop being a stubborn idiot for one second and think properly!?" Yerin's voice was louder than she had anticipated. She didn't mean for it to come out like a lecture but watching her best friend hurt like this... It made her flip out without really thinking. 

 

So taking one deep breath, Yerin lowers her voice and kneels down in front of Sojung to face her. 

"As your best friend, I'm worried about you and for you, I've seen what that man has done to you and I honestly, HONESTLY, don't think you should carry this burden alone. Eunbi needs to know, it'll make dealing with Jin a lot more easier, I promise."

 

"What am I even meant to say? Hi honey, just letting you know my ex-boyfriend is back in town and probably wants to ruin my life, but not to worry, let's just sleep on this matter for now and get back to work tomorrow as if I hadn't said anything"

 

"If that's what's going to get the message across then I guess?" 

 

Sighing, Sojung removes Yerin's arm from her shoulder. "He was someone I never planned on revealing to Eunbi. He was the darkest part of me I never wanted to shed light on. I don't what her to have anything to do with that man... not even have the sheer knowledge of him... and even though he's back, I still want to keep it that way, I don't need him in the way of us-"

 

"But he's going to be and you know it. Anyone that has watched even one single drama in their life knows it." Yerin's phone begins to ring but she just ignored it. "Do the right thing and avoid further complications Sojung" Her phone rings again and this time, annoyedly, she picks it up.

 

"Yes, what?" Her tone was irritated, but her annoyed expression soon turned into shock, eyebrows raised, eyes wide and mouth opened "Yes..ok I understand." Turning off the phone, she stared at Sojung uncertainly.

 

"You're scaring me Yerin, what is it?" 

 

Scratching her head, Yerin did her best to deliver this message in a way that wouldn't cause any unnecessary panic.

"So, it seems like you don't have to worry about bringing Jin up with Eunbi after all..." Seeing Sojung raise an eyebrow at her, reluctantly, she continues "A paparazzi must've been at the bar and took photos of you when you were not looking Sojung... there's pictures of you and Jin all over the internet right now... including ones today... and your old photos with him..."

 

Eyes widening, and mouth agape, Sojung really couldn't believe her ears right now... everything was falling apart and they are breaking even more by the second.

 

Covering her face once again in her palms, Sojung resisted the urge to smash the glass of water on the table next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter