The One

Cameras Rolling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy to see all of you guys here on time. Now without further ado, let's get started shall we." Sung Jin greeted to his entire crew members who were all huddled up at the set together.

 

Everyone bowed and wished each other good luck and a great first day, including the A-lister and the now not-so-rookie actress who both seemed a bit dishevelled after practically running like maniacs to get here on time, especially since, no matter how much Sojung had begged Yerin to drive faster, her manager kept giving her the "safety is number one priority speech."

Little to say after Yerin mentioned the statistics of car crashes involving idols and actresses as a result of speeding as the means to be on time for schedules, Sojung eventually just made peace with the fact that she was going to need to run once she was on foot.

 

Despite their frenzy of a morning though, they did, however, arrive on time.

 

In fact, they managed to arrive early. 

 

"Oh! Sojung, Eunbi! It's so nice to finally see you guys again." Sung Jin had greeted them with a wide genuine smile, turning his head from side to side to look at the two. "Arrived here together?"

 

"Yeah-"

 

"We actually saw each other at the entrance and decided to walk here together" Sojung unintentionally cuts off Eunbi quickly, leaving the girl to raise an eyebrow at the taller, but eventually came to an understanding realisation. 

 

You see,

 

They've been seeing each other for a while now, but just as it was a secret in the beginning when nothing was official between the two yet, it is still a secret now even after the two became exclusive.

 

It was a decision they both strongly agreed on.

 

They just weren't ready to come out to the public yet. Plain and simple.

 

Although this decision is, indeed, mostly a result of them not wanting to mix their personal life with their professional one, it was also hugely influenced by Korea's conservative outlook on the LGBT community.

 

For people who have stepped into the spotlight, have tasted fame and have accumulated a big gathering of fans, they can all tell you that coming out to the public that you are dating someone is one thing to deal with.

 

But Coming out to the public that you are not only dating someone, but the other person is also the same gender as you, is an entirely different stressful situation on its own.

 

Now adding on to the fact that they are also both co-lead actresses on a highly rated drama right now... well... if words of them were to go out, that's just going to be scandalous at this point. 

 

Although one can definitely say that all this is actually quite ironic considering what the drama actually is about... however..

 

That doesn't change the fact that just even imagining the potential uproar of backlash that will arise if the two did in fact announce their relationship, quite frankly scares the hell out of them.

 

So for that reason, despite the numerous months that have passed by, Sojung and Eunbi still have yet to reveal their relationship to anyone, apart from a few exceptions. 

 

Heck, no family members of Eunbi's have even the slightest clue of any of this and despite Sojung having the utmost respect and trust for Sung Jin, she does not, however, trust the industry enough to confine with the man about it either.

 

These days, you don't know who's actually listening to you without your knowledge. 

 

But to Eunbi's surprise at least, it wasn't actually that hard to see Sojung so often without being caught by the paparazzi. Both of them being co-actresses and of course, both being girls, had allowed them to not raise any suspicions thus far.  

 

Which was definitely a huge sigh of relief.  

 

"Well, I'm glad the two of you have gotten so close. Heard that people have seen you guys going to Cafe's together or something" Sung Jin continues. "Happy to know my drama had enabled a new beautiful friendship to be born"

 

"Don't know what we would've done without you then" Sojung giggles her response before getting herself pulled away to the mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter