Reasoning

Cameras Rolling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knock knock knock

 

"Go awayyy" Sojung mumbles under her blanket

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

 

"Oh my god..." The a-lister whips the blanket off her body and marches towards the door, ready to give whoever was on the other side a piece of her mind. "It's bloody Sunday morning, do you mind!?" The usually nice and bubbly woman swings open the door aggressively but was taken aback by the person standing in front of her. "Yewon...?"

 

"Seems like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" The shorter girl chuckles, holding up the paper bags in front of Sojung's face. "I bought breakfast, come on" Yewon walks straight past the taller and invites herself in.

 

"Yewon..." Sojung followed her to the kitchen "What are you doing here?"

 

"Is it wrong for me to check up on my older sister once in a while?" The younger woman places down the bags and proceeds to take out the food inside of it before placing it on the table. "Besides, with your packed schedule, it feels like I never get to see you anymore." She continues, now giving the woman in front of her a small sad smile.

 

"No, you're right" Sojung sighs to herself before sitting across from Yewon in the dining area "Sorry, you just got me by surprise"

 

"That was the plan." Yewon laughs out.

 

The two sisters ate in comfortable silence. 

 

Yewon isn't wrong it did in fact feel like it's been forever since Sojung's gotten the opportunity to hang out with her little sister. An actress's schedule can be too demanding sometimes and it really takes away from your personal life.

 

"How's the cafe going?" The A-lister breaks the silence amidst taking a bite of her bacon and egg roll.

 

"Business seems to be going quite well so far"

 

"That's good, I'm happy you managed to find something you enjoy doing"

 

"I'm happy too!"

 

The two then continued on to talk about nothing and everything, something they'd always do back when they were younger. To this day it still pleasantly surprises Sojung, how much Yewon had grown. 

 

It brought great proudness and perhaps a little bit of sadness, seeing how mature the girl has grown and how much of a wonderful, beautiful young lady she had turned out to be.

 

"But that's enough about me Sojung," Yewon said, wiping a tear away from the corner of her eye after the two had shared a couple of laughs from the stories Yewon had gathered over the last few months of running her own Cafe. "How have you been doing, how's work?"

 

"The same the same" Sojung answered nonchalantly, suddenly staring at the rim of her coffee mug like it's the most interesting thing in the world.

 

"Really?"

 

"Why wouldn't it be?" The A-lister raised an eyebrow to her sister's sudden behaviour.

 

"I don't know, the world is unpredictable sometimes." The younger woman took a sip out of her coffee "For example, a person might believe in something for a really long time, but then someone or something might then pop up into their life and open up their eyes to other possibilities."

 

"That's oddly specific" 

 

"Is it?"

 

...

 

The comfortable silence they once had slowly begun turning more awkward.

 

Letting out a quiet sigh, Yewon cut to the chase. "Does love still scare you Sojung?"

 

And there it is.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter