Smile

Cameras Rolling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She doesn't know how long she's been sitting there, face in her palms and eyes still wet.

 

It's as if her world was crumbling down and this position was the only thing keeping it all together.

 

Sojung honestly felt like she would stay in this position forever...

 

Nothing would've made her move... except for this constant poking on her knee.

 

Poking an eye out through her fingers, what greeted her was a small child.

 

A boy, staring back at her warily, who looked around 6 or 7.

 

"Sister, are you ok?" The little kid had asked. 

 

A simple question that just pushed her suppressed emotions back up again. 

 

It's kind of funny how words of sympathy or worry, whilst completely unintentional, can push a person to feel worse than they already did. 

 

Feeling tears build up once again, Sojung quickly rubs her eyes before forcing a smile back at the kid.

 

"Yes, yes I am fine..." Sojung replied.

 

Hoping that all those years of acting would've made her statement somewhat convincing.

 

"But your eyes are red... sister looks like she's been crying..."

 

"I-" Convinced it was pointless to lie to him any further, Sojung just pats the boy's hair and continues to smile. "Hmmm, sister can't hide anything from you can I?"

 

"No, I was told by my teacher that I'm a smart student!"

 

"Hahaha I'm sure you are" Sojung chuckles in amusement but stops when she sees the boy staring down at her lap, or more specifically the ring box that was on top of it.

 

"Is that a ring box?" The kid points at it. "Is sister getting married to someone?"

 

No longer able to keep up her facade, her smile turns into that of a sad one as she responds... "I want to, but I don't know if I can marry that person..." The A-lister felt a little bit embarrassed to be completely honest, she didn't know why she was here confining with a little kid, but she felt too out of it to question it.

 

"Why not? Do they not like sister back? but- but" the small child fiddles with his hands "Sister is so pretty... I- I'll marry sister if they don't want to!" He gathered up all his courage and yell out the last part.

 

Chuckle turning into a wholehearted laugh, Sojung engulfs the little boy into a hug "Ahhhh you are so cute! And confident too, we just met and you're already proposing" Sojung said in between her laughter, leaning back, she felt a sincere light hearted smile curl on her face. "Sister is too old for you, but I promise that one day you'll find someone even prettier"

 

"Really!?" The child asks in excitement, jumping up and down, still holding onto Sojung's arms.

 

"Really" The A-lister assures.

 

After that the kid went silent, smiling to himself whilst daydreaming to who knows what. Sojung can only assume it was something only the youthful would understand. Their easy-going and worry free spirit. 

 

If the A-lister were, to be honest, she really missed that feeling.

 

To just do what you want to do.

 

To be able to love who you want to love.

 

Must be nice... She thought to herself.

 

"But Sister... why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter