Chapter 9

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

AN:

Am I the only one who kind of prefers the Japanese versions of Blackpink's songs over the Korean version? lol guess I'm crazy like that. 😂

Lisa groaned and squinted her eyes as she felt sharp rays of sun hit her eyes. Rubbing her eyes, she slowly opened them to see a head of hair in her face. Lisa widened her eyes in surprise and back away, unwrapping her arms around the body. 

"Holy ." Lisa whispered in fear and lifted up the covers, thankful that she was wearing clothes. "Oh, thank God." The girl said, sighing in relief. She winced feeling her head pound in her skull. 

"What did I even do last night?" Lisa questioned herself and picked up the glass of water and pill that was on the nightstand. She placed the tablet in and drank the rest of the water, putting the glass back. Looking around the room properly, she noticed that it was familiar. 

"Jennie?" Lisa asked in confusion and leaned over to see the other person in her bed, surprised that it was her tutor. "Jennie." She nudged the sleeping brunette, trying to wake her up. 

"Ugh." Jennie groaned feeling her body wake up without her approval. "Stop Ella." She grumbled in her sleep and sunk her head further into her pillow. 

"It's not Ella, it's Lisa." Lisa whispered into Jennie's ear. The brunette's eyes flew open and she jolted up, hitting Lisa's chin along the way. "Sorry." Jennie panicked seeing Lisa wince holding onto her face. 

"It's fine." Lisa said, smiling at the distraught Jennie. "So, mind filling me in on what happened last night?" She asked as she leaned on her side and placed her head on her hand, looking at Jennie.

The brunette stifled a yawn. "You don't remember anything?" She spoke in disbelief. "Why? Is that a bad thing?" Lisa said playfully. Jennie sighed. 

"No, it's not." She softly replied and looked into the younger's eyes.

Lisa breathed out and stared into Jennie's cat like eyes. "You have beautiful eyes." She said in a daze. Jennie blushed and almost squirmed under the intensity of Lisa's soft gaze. 

"Jennie! Mom made breakfast!" The two widened their eyes and looked at each other in alarm. 

"W-What should I-" Lisa didn't get the chance to finish her sentence as the door slowly opened. 

The brunette sat up and shoved Lisa off of the bed, causing her to land on the floor with a thud. 

"What was that?" Ella questioned and entered the room, seeing Jennie awake and sitting on her bed, way more alert than usual. 

"I'm fine Ella. I'll be down shortly." Jennie responded curtly, feeling nervous under her younger sister's suspicious gaze. Ella put her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrow. "What are you hiding?" She said slowly. 

Jennie gulped. "Nothing." She said unconvincingly. The brunette got up and smiled and Ella. "Bye now." She walked over to her and pushed her out of her room, closing the door and locking it afterwards.

"Lisa?" She whispered. Jennie crouched under the bed to come face to face with a wide eyed Lisa under her bed. "It's safe now." 

Lisa carefully scooted out of the bottom of Jennie's bed and grimaced. "You really had to shove me like that?" She rubbed her lower back, where it had slammed onto the floor. Jennie winced. "Sorry about that. Seems like I've been getting you hurt a lot lately." Jennie reached her hands out for Lisa to take. 

Grunting, Lisa got up and stretched. "What should I do now? Jump through the window?" She walked over and looked through it. 

"Wait? Is that Chaeyoung's room? Woah, that's crazy." Lisa said as she peered through the window. Jennie walked behind Lisa. 

"It won't be a good idea jumping out. It's too high." Lisa huffed. "Well, what am I supposed to do then? Walk down the stairs and have breakfast?" Jennie rolled her eyes. "No." She responded. "Just wait up here until my mom heads out. She probably has work today." The brunette walked over to her closet to throw on a hoodie, feeling a little cold. 

"You're not wearing your snowflake pyjamas today?" Lisa teased and plopped down on Jennie's bed, watching her. The older girl poked her head out with a cute glare on her face. "Don't judge me." She said and resumed changing. 

Jennie walked out after and headed to her bathroom, brushing her teeth. "Do you mind bringing some food up at least? My hangover is going to be the death of me." Lisa groaned and laid down on the bed. Jennie spit out the toothpaste and rinsed . 

"I'll try, but I don't want my parents to catch me stuffing pancakes up my shirt. It will be a weird talk. " She said and opened the door to her room. She turned back to look at Lisa. "Don't make any noise, and I'll try to get some syrup too." Lisa smiled widely at that and nodded her head. 

Walking down the stairs, Jennie checked her phone and was immediately blown up with messages. 

"Where are you?!" 

 

"You ! You left me here!" 

 

"Fine then, you and Lisa aint getting my blessings anymore."

 

Jennie scrolled down to read a message that was sent a few minutes after. 

 

"Alright you can have my blessings, but I'm serious."

 

"Actually, I really love you rn, cuz this cutie decided to drive me home instead!! Ha!" 

 

"PS: I still am pissed at you." 

 

-Nabongs 💞

 

Jennie furrowed her brows at this mystery person. Ever since the game, Nayeon had been talking about that cute basketball player, but never gave her the name. Reaching the breakfast table, she smiled and sat down. 

"Now I have to steal some pancakes." She said to herself, staring at the stack in front of her. "And syrup." 

"Oh God." Lisa breathed out a sigh of relief once she safely exited the house. After being cramped up in Jennie's room for an hour, her mom finally left and she was allowed to come down the stairs. Although she wasn't able to enjoy her freedom, since Jennie kicked her out right after. 

Without a goodbye, she got sent off on her own. And now she was pedalling her bike to Jisoo's house, not wanting to come back to an empty house once again. 

She had no idea when her mom was supposed to come back, and frankly she didn't care. It didn't matter anyways, since she would be gone for work most of the time. 

Lisa stopped her bike and hopped off, calling Jisoo. 

"Open up . I'm here." She said into her phone, ending the call afterwards. A couple seconds later, Jisoo opened the front door with a glare. "You know, I didn't have to open up my lovely home to you for me to hear such demands." She said and Lisa walked passed her without talking. 

"Where's Aunt Kim and Irene?" Lisa asked, seeing the house empty. "Oh, mom went on set to work." Jisoo spoke, closing the door and heading to the kitchen. "And Irene is somewhere, just don't know where." 

"So, where'd you go on Friday? You left early." The older girl said handing a soda to Lisa, and took one for herself. They both sat on the bar seats. "Well, I got drunk so I guess Jennie took me home." Lisa took a sip and smiled thinking about the brunette. 

Jisoo rose one of her brows. "The tutor? If you ask me, it seems like something other than tutoring is going on here." She teased. "No one asked you, so you can shut up." Lisa spoke quickly, not wanting to hear anymore of Jisoo's taunts. Jisoo threw her hands up in surrender. "Sorry." 

Lisa sighed. "It's just, maybe I do like her." She admitted quietly. Jisoo's eyes went wide and she almost spit out her drink. "You like someone?! Holy , the last time that happened was back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth." Lisa shoved Jisoo, and put her head down low, trying to cover up the colour that came up on her cheeks.

"Kidding. But not really." Jisoo said. "So why don't you just, you know, get her?" She asked in confusion. Lisa ruffled her hair with her hands in frustration. "I can't. It's not that simple you know? And I don't even know if I really like her yet." Jisoo waved her off. "Excuses, excuses." 

"You're Lisa Manoban. If you want someone, you just get them. No need to wait in line or something. Besides, she's all heart eyes for you anyways." Jisoo finished up her drink and stood up to throw it away. Lisa sighed heavily. "It's not that easy. And you've met her like once or something." 

"Yes, but I could just tell. I have great intuition." She patted herself on the back for her hard work. 

"That's enough about me." Lisa said, getting exhausted over this conversation. "What's with you and Park Chaeyoung? Hmm?" The captain playfully nudged Jisoo in the shoulder. 

"Oh, g-great." Jisoo stuttered at the mention of Chaeyoung. Even just her name gets her stomachs to do backflips and other stunts. Lisa laughed at Jisoo becoming nervous. 

"Come on, let's go do something. Enough of this talk." The raven haired said, a little embarrassed. Lisa chuckled, but listened and walked after her. 

≈ 

"You little mother er." Jennie heard as she turned around in her chair and saw Nayeon glaring at her. If it was a cartoon, Jennie was sure there would be smoke coming out of her ears. 

"No! I can explain!" Jennie shot up out of her chair and held her arms out in front of her in defence. "Save it!" Nayeon yelled and marched towards her. 

"It was an emergency!" Jennie yelled in vain. "Lisa got drunk because of me so I had to drag her out of the party and take her home. She crashed at my place and then some weird things happened and all of sudden she told me she likes me but I don't really believe it since she was-"

"What!" Nayeon said in surprise. "Hold up. Can you repeat everything you said, but like ten times slower." She asked in confusion. Jennie took a deep breath in and sighed, feeling out of breath from talking too fast.

"Lisa told me she likes me, I think." Jennie plopped onto her bed and put her head in her hands. Nayeon's first reaction was to scream, but seeing Jennie upset made her confused. "Wait, I thought you liked her?" She sat next to Jennie. 

Jennie sighed and took off her glasses, running her hand over her face. "I do." Nayeon furrowed her brows. "Then what's the problem. Where I'm from, when two people like each other, they become a thing." 

Jennie groaned. "I don't even know if she really likes me. She told me yesterday thinking I was someone else, and she didn't even remember in the morning." She complained. Nayeon rolled her eyes. "Yah, no sherlock. She was drunk. You told me yourself that she was completely wasted thanks to you." 

"It wasn't thanks to me." The brunette protested. "She's the one who took your shots. That's like true love these days." Nayeon teased. 

"Shut up. You're no help." Jennie shoved Nayeon and put her glasses back on, wanting to see clearly again. "Hey, be thankful I didn't kill you. You were the one who left me alone, stranded and afraid." Nayeon pointed her finger accusingly at Jennie. 

"Didn't you end up getting a ride anyways?" Jennie asked. At that, Nayeon left her glare and put on a happy expression. She sighed dreamily like she wasn't angry in the first place. "Yah. This cutie from the ball team offered. She was like my knight in shining armour, minus the knight part, and the shining armour too." 

"Who is this mysterious player? You've been talking about them all the time, yet you never gave me a name." Jennie stood up and stretched. "Oh." Nayeon giggled at that. "Her name is Kim Jisoo." 

"What!" Jennie snapped her head to look at Nayeon in shock. 

"You like Kim Jisoo?!"