Chapter 36

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Ugh, I wish I could go but I'm heading out of town for summer camp." Jeongyeon said, taking a sip of her drink. 

Nayeon sighed, disappointed but tried to not let it show. "That's cool, we could go after you're back."

Jeongyeon nodded happily. "I'll uhm, miss you while I'm uhh, gone." She mentioned hesitantly, fiddling around with the plastic cup of coffee she was holding. 

Nayeon widened her eyes and drummed her fingers on the table, suddenly finding that old stain of liquid on the surface interesting. "I'll m-miss you too. Just so you know." She mumbled unsurely. 

Jeongyeon looked up with a small, shy smile. The two sat in silence, Nayeon avoiding eye contact, before a loud thud was heard from beside them both. 

"I can't take this anymore!" She exclaimed, standing up from her seat. 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon both looked at her with confused eyes. 

"I-I mean I'll just go help food with the Lisa-I mean Lisa with the food-I mean help Lisa with the food." Jennie stuttered out, cheeks flaming from her sudden outburst.  

Walking off to the line, Jennie groaned and immediately placed her head on Lisa's back. 

Without turning around, Lisa smiled knowing that it was Jennie. She reached her hand back and soothingly rubbed the brunette's arm. 

"What did you do this time?" She asked. Jennie groaned once more and nuzzled her face deeper, wrapping her arms around Lisa's waist.

"I had enough of those two." She mumbled. Pulling back, she circled to the front of Lisa. 

"They're just so clueless and shy. Both of them are walking on eggshells around each other." Jennie explained. 

Lisa leaned in to kiss Jennie's lips. "It's okay. Give them some time to figure stuff out. Besides you might be regretting this time when they're both all over each other." She wrapped her arms around Jennie's waist. 

"Just like how we are now." Lisa said. Jennie frowned and pulled away. "We are so not the PDA type." 

Lisa laughed, gesturing to the position they were standing in right now. "Are you sure about that?" 

Jennie blushed realizing, and stepped away, facing the front. 

Lisa only continued to laugh at how cute her girlfriend is. 

"I love you." The silver haired whispered discreetly into Jennie's ear. She grinned once she saw how red those cheeks became. 

"I love you too." Jennie whipped around and placed a quick, barely there, kiss on her lips, before turning right back. 

"Babe, I have to go now." 

"Noooo." Jennie whined and held onto Lisa's hand, tugging her closer to her. 

"Jennie." Lisa playfully scolded her as she fell back onto the bed, Jennie immediately snuggling up to her. 

"What." She said innocently. The silver haired sighed, pushing Jennie to lay on her back and hovering over her. 

"I'll be gone for a week. Two at most." 

"But that's so long. And I'll miss you." Jennie hugged Lisa close to her. 

Lisa chuckled lightly at how clingy the brunette was. "Trust me, I'm not thrilled to go to my Dad's either. It's gonna be a boring and irritating trip."

"But" The silver haired sat up, struggling slightly with Jennie's arms still wrapped around her, not wanting to let go. 

"I'll call and text everyday. And I'll send you constant boring updates of my dad and his new girlfriend being annoying." 

Jennie gasped. "Lisa, that's not nice." She swatted her shoulder. 

The younger only shrugged. "It's true though." 

Feeling her phone buzz, she pulled it out to see a message from her ride.

"Okay I've gotta go, my ride is coming is here." 

"Is your dad not picking you up?" Jennie asked, confused. Lisa got up from the bed and straightened her clothes, picking up her bag. 

"Exhibit A of my dad being annoying." She said, leaning in for a kiss. 

"I love you. See you in a month." 

Jennie pouted. "I love you too, and stay safe. And don't forget to send me updates!" She reminded after her as Lisa only laughed and waved goodbye as she walked out of her room. 

After Lisa left, Jennie sighed and fell onto the bed, already feeling the boredom seep in somehow. 

"What do I do now?" 

She talked to herself, staring at the ceiling. 

Feeling her phone ring, she furrows her brows as she sees that it's Park Chaeyoung's name on the screen. 

"Hello?" She said, warily. 

Although she was not scared of the blonde anymore, she still was a little cautious around her. 

"Oi, Jennie!" The brunette winced and moved her phone away from her ear. 

"Jisoo?" She asked, unsurely. 

"Yep it's me!" 

"Why are you calling from Chaeyoung's phone?" 

"That's not important. BUT we're picking up up in a couple of hours. Get ready to have the time of your life tonight!" 

Reaching the doorstep, Lisa sighed heavily before ringing the doorbell. 

Contrary to where her mother's house was, her dad owned a house far off from other humans. It was a cabin of some sort surrounded by trees and ponds.

The door swung open after a few seconds to reveal an unknown woman. 

"Ah! You must be Lisa!" 

The silver haired nodded a little hesitantly. "And you are..." 

"Yerin, your dad's girlfriend." 

Lisa gave a polite smile. "Where is my dad?" 

"Oh." Yerin looked at her with a surprised look. "He's gone out of town for a business trip. But he'll be back before nightfall." She explained. 

Lisa pinched the bridge of her nose, closing her eyes. "Of course he is. Did he even know I was coming today?" She grumbled to herself. 

The woman in front of her only offered her a wide smile, opening the door wider. "You could come and settle in, in the meantime. I'll arrange for some dinner afterwards."

The silver haired listened and made her way up to her temporary room. Placing the bag onto the bed, she sat down and huffed.

Pulling out her phone she ringed to Jennie, just wanting to talk to her. 

"Hello?"

A smile came on Lisa's face hearing her girlfriend's voice, but something in the background made her confused. 

"Jen, is that music?"

"Uhm, maybe?- Ooh are you talking to Lisa! I wanna talk!" 

Lisa furrowed her brows. "What are you doing with Jisoo and loud music? Oh my god. You went to a party, didn't you?" 

She was meant with silence on the other side of the line, meaning that she was correct. 

"Jennie?"

"Baby trust me I didn't want to go! But Jisoo and Chaeyoung dragged me here!" 

Lisa laughed hearing Jennie's pain. "It's fine, just make sure you don't get too drunk and puke all over Chaeyoung. Unless you want too." 

"Oh shoot! Okay I won't drink. I'll talk to you in an hour, after I've escaped the clutches of evil." 

"Were you talking to Lisa?!" Jisoo yelled to the brunette. 

Jennie winced at the loud voice. "Yes, and can I please go home?" 

Jisoo frowned. "Come on, you've gotta learn to embrace your fun life without your wife around!" She said, handing Jennie a red solo cup with liquid in it. 

"Wife?!" 

At that, Chaeyoung came back and wrapped her arm around Jisoo. "Come on, you guys are like a married couple. You guys do everything together. So tonight, you're gonna have fun all by yourself." 

The blonde leaned in and ran her fingers through Jennie's straight hair, giving it a tousled look. 

"There, now get some." Chaeyoung encouraged giving the brunette a smack on her behind. 

Jennie yelped and jumped up in surprise. "P-P-Park Chaeyoung!" She stuttered out with red cheeks, putting her hands protectively over her backside. 

Jisoo laughed loudly. "Now let's go have fun!" 

Two hours later, Chaeyoung and Jisoo giggled drunkenly over the pictures they had of Jennie. 

After given two cups of gorilla juice, Jennie Kim was definitely drunk and definitely out of it. 

Scrolling through, they laughed loudly seeing the brunette attempting to play beer pong, only to pick up one of the cups and downing it, almost choking on the ping pong ball inside. 

Another one was of her jumping onto the kitchen counter top and doing a drunken toast to everyone. 

And one of the last pictures were her wailing as she cried out Lisa's name, saying how much she missed her. 

"Those two are so in love it's disgusting." Chaeyoung murmured, snuggling into Jisoo's neck. The older girl grinned and nodded drowsily. She put down her phone and wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung. 

"We should really wash up and leave now." She said although it sounded like she didn't mean it. 

The blonde cheerleader huffed and leaned up to kiss Jisoo's lips. 

"We could go and crash at my place? My parents are at a business dinner?" She said bit her lip suggestively. 

Jisoo gulped. "Yes please." 

They both laughed and slowly got up from their position on the couch, but Chaeyoung's leg bumped into something. 

Jennie groaned from her spot on the floor and grumbled to herself, turning around and going back to sleep. 

"Oh god, we have to take her back too." Jisoo realized. 

Chaeyoung pouted. "Do we have too?" 

The raven haired looked at her girlfriend with a blank look and Chaeyoung shrugged. 

"First of all, I would never leave Jennie passed out on some stranger's floor, and second of all even if I did, Lisa would definitely leave me passed out in a dumpster." She explained, holding onto Jennie's arms and tugging her upper body off the floor. 

"Here, grab her legs and we'll put her in the Uber when it comes." 

Chaeyoung stumbled off of the couch and leaned down grabbing the brunette's legs. 

Together, they hoisted the sleeping Jennie and waddled out of the door. 

Once the cool breeze of the outside hit, Jisoo snickered. 

Chaeyoung furrowed her brows. "What's so funny?" 

Jisoo snickered once more before breaking out into full out laughter. She doubled over cackling and her face turned even redder. 

"W-What is it?" Chaeyoung asked, feeling laughter come out of her just looking at Jisoo. 

"We" Another round of laughter. "We look like we're carrying" She paused to take a deep breath and calmed down for a second. "We look like we're carrying a dead body!" 

At that the both of them started laughing loudly. Their grip loosened involuntarily and slumped Jennie to the ground, gently of course.

The two sat down onto the doorstep and waited for the car to com, on the verge of passing out. 

"Okay, we do not tell Lisa we did this. We'll just say we took Jennie to a party and she got a little tipsy." 

Chaeyoung nodded her head. "Jennie won't remember any of this either. But I'll show her the pictures and videos we took of her." She snickered. 

Soon the Uber arrived, and the two lifted Jennie up normally, by putting their arms around her and sat her in the seat. 

Lisa woke up when her stomach grumbled loudly and she opened her eyes to darkness. 

With a huff she rolled out of bed and went down the stairs. Entering the unfamiliar kitchen she rolled her eyes seeing her dad wasn't here yet. 

"Your dad's coming in fifteen minutes. Said that traffic was heavy. Do you want to eat with me in the meantime?" Yerin asked, holding the takeout she just got.

Although her dad's girlfriend was being very polite and nice, Lisa still felt a little uncomfortable. 

"Uhm, is it alright if I eat it in my room instead? I'm still tired from the drive up here and wanted to get some sleep. I'll come down later tonight when my dad arrives." 

"Alright dear, goodnight." 

Lisa smiled awkwardly and took the food, heading back up. 

Huffing once more after she closed the door, Lisa groaned. 

"This is the worse night ever."