Chapter 22

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"What's wrong with you?" Lisa asked as she saw Jisoo daze off into the distance. 

"N-Nothing." Jisoo snapped out of her trance and shook her head. 

"Well, start playing the game then. We're down by five and we only have two possessions left." 

Jisoo sighed and nodded. She looked into the bleachers once again and spotted an excited Nayeon talking animatedly to Jennie, who was reading a book and not paying attention to a word her friend was saying. 

The raven haired then directed her gaze off to the sidelines where the cheerleaders were standing, waiting to perform another routine. Her eyes landed on Park Chaeyoung, who looked at her and gave a wink. 

Jisoo's cheeks turned bright red almost instantly and she whipped her head the other direction. Luckily the coach called on her and she jogged up to the court. She remembered Lisa's words and stopped thinking about the two girls running around her mind all day and focused on the game. 

"Great game guys!" Lisa congratulated everyone on the team with a pat on the back and compliments. 

They managed to close the gap to only one point, and Jisoo made an assist to Lisa, letting her down a three pointer. 

As they celebrated in the middle of the court, Jisoo was suddenly pulled aside. 

"Hey!-" Jisoo yelled in anger at whoever did that, but she closed when she saw the head cheerleader look at her with a certain gaze in her eyes. 

"C-Chaeyoung." 

Park Chaeyoung smirked. "You played well today." She complimented the older girl and Jisoo almost fainted on the spot. 

"Y-You did well today as well." Jisoo said awkwardly. Chaeyoung chuckled. "You're cute." 

Jisoo turned red and she showed a small smile at that, eternally wondering what had happened to Chaeyoung to make her so compliment her so much. 

Suddenly, the blonde leaned in to Jisoo and hooked her arms around her neck, pulling her in. 

"C-C-Chaeyoung." Jisoo stuttered pathetically as she was within kissing distance of her crush. "Shh." She whispered, but the older girl managed to hear it clearly. As much as she resisted, Jisoo let herself melt into the blonde's touch and fluttered her eyes closed. 

As she sensed Chaeyoung move closer, her breath hitched and she waited for something to happen. 

But before anything did, her arm was yanked away and she felt Chaeyoung's arms around her neck disappear. Opening her eyes, Jisoo looked into Lisa's eyes. 

"What the hell are you doing?" The captain asked angrily. 

Jisoo opened to answer, but realized that Lisa was questioning Park Chaeyoung, who was behind her. 

Park Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes towards the silver haired girl. "None of your business. Go back to your nerd now." She shot back and attempted to move closer to Jisoo, but Lisa stepped in between. 

"You should go back to your cheer squad. We have a win to celebrate." 

Lisa said and turned around to pull the shocked Jisoo behind her. 

"What was that?" 

Jisoo asked, taking off her jersey and ruffling through her bag to find a new shirt. 

Lisa glared. "You know exactly what that was." She sat down on the bench and looked her teammate and best friend in the eyes. 

"I thought you had a thing with Nayeon." 

"I do-" 

"So why were you and Park Chaeyoung about to lock lips in the middle of the court!" 

Lisa exclaimed, frustrated at her friend. 

Jisoo hurled her shirt onto the floor. "I don't know!" She responded back, their voices becoming louder with each word they spoke. 

The teammates around them stopped what they were doing and looked at the duo. 

It wasn't unusual to find them bickering over small things and annoying one another, but they had never seen this before. 

Lisa breathed in deeply and exhaled before talking. 

"Listen, you have such a good thing going on with Nayeon right now. Both of you care for each other equally and-" 

"You think I don't know that! Nayeon is so ing sweet and here I am, pathetically chasing after someone who wouldn't even give me the time of day a month ago!" 

Jisoo squeezed her eyes shut and forced herself to calm down before opening them again. 

She sat down on the bench beside Lisa and ran her fingers through her hair. 

"It's Park Chaeyoung." She said in a much quieter voice, that seemed to echo in the locker room.

The teammates had quickly left, wanting to give the two some privacy. 

"Why did she have to come on to me after I stopped chasing after her. I gave her weeks, months! And as soon as I met Nayeon she starts acting like she cares for me." Jisoo vented out in frustration. 

A moment of silence passes and Lisa remains silent. 

"Why am I even telling you this, you wouldn't understand." Jisoo scoffed and picked up her shirt, throwing it over her head and began collecting her things. 

Lisa hummed. "Ya, there's no way I would understand. It's not like I dated the girl before, right?" She said sarcastically.

Jisoo paused at that. 

"Jennie." 

"Huh?" The brunette blinked away from the book she was emerged in to look at her dad, who was standing at the door of her bedroom. 

"Come on, I'll drop you off at school today." 

Jennie grinned and hopped off her bed, grabbing her backpack and a light coat before following her dad downstairs. 

Grabbing a granola bar from the kitchen, she stuffed half of it in as she tied her shoelaces and headed out the door. 

"I'll just go check the mail real quick. Sit in the car in the meantime, Jen." Her dad called out to her as he lightly jogged down the sidewalk. 

The brunette complied and walked down the steps. 

Hearing footsteps, she turned her head to the side to see Park Chaeyoung come out of her house as well. 

The blonde snapped her neck towards Jennie and the brunette squeaked as she turned around hastily. 

"What are you looking at?" Chaeyoung exclaimed and Jennie hesitantly turned around to shake her head. 

Today Chaeyoung was definitely the scariest she's ever been. 

She had on a baseball cap that had covered most of her face, leaving a dark shadow looming over her eyes as well. 

Not pleased with her answer, Chaeyoung marched down the stairs and walked over to the brunette. 

Jennie gulped and walked a timid step backwards. 

"N-Nothing. I-I was just headed to school." Jennie struggled through speak through her granola bar filled mouth. 

"Oh lord, I'm about to die. I'm about to die with a granola bar in my mouth!

Park Chaeyoung opened to say something, but her vision caught Jennie's dad walking back to her driveway. 

With quick thinking, the blonde grabbed hold of the brunette's arm. 

"I can drop you off at school today." She exclaimed loud enough for Mr. Kim to hear. 

Jennie's eyes widened dramatically and her half eaten granola bar almost fell out of . 

Jennie tried to turn around to warn her dad, but the grip on her arm made her wince and stay put in fear of her life ending. 

"Oh, is that true Jennie?" 

Her dad asked, mindlessly going though the various envelopes he brought back.

The blonde glared into Jennie's eyes, and the older girl gulped before nodding. "Y-Yes." Her voice came out shaky and scared. 

Park Chaeyoung's innocent smile slowly turned into a smirk and Jennie felt her stomach twist into knots. 

The loud slam of the door shutting made Jennie flinch and shut her eyes tightly. 

"Park Chaeyoung please don't kill me. I still have so many things I Want to accomplish in my life." Jennie please put. 

The blonde scoffed at her attitude. "Oh man up. I'm not a ing murderer. Just someone that'll make your life a living hell if you don't listen to me." She added the last part in with a smirk. 

Jennie took a deep breath and opened her eyes to find Chaeyoung looking at her. 

"Tell Lisa to back off." She ordered. 

Jennie furrowed her brows. "Sorry?" The brunette asked, confused. 

"She snooped into my business yesterday, so tell her to mind her own." The blonde rolled her eyes just thinking of what had happened yesterday. 

She had never felt so humiliated and rejected in her entire existence. 

Jennie furrowed her brows. "Yes I will. Now can your please drive me to school now? I don't want to miss first period." She said in a timid voice, not wanting to upset the devil beside her. 

Park Chaeyoung reluctantly started her car and off they drove. 

"Dear god, I was a minute away from peeing my pants." 

The brunette admitted, out of breath. 

The head cheerleader managed to bring the brunette to school on time, and as soon as the car hit the brakes, Jennie bolted out of the vehicle and dashed into the building to find the person who would give her answers and most importantly, comfort. 

Lisa gave her a pitiful look. She opened her arms and Jennie immediately went in between them.  

"Oh, you poor thing." Lisa said and gently rocked them side to side. 

Jennie calmed down with a few deep breaths and leaned back to look the silver haired in her eyes. 

"Now, do you mind telling me what the hell is going on?" 

Lisa's soft gaze turned hard. She shook her head in disapproval just thinking about it. 

"Park Chaeyoung's just being a to Jisoo again."

She explained simply. 

"I'll tell you the rest at lunch, alright?" 

Lisa said, the first bell already ringing.  

Jennie pouted and kept her hold on the basketball player a little longer. 

"I don't wanna go." Jennie whined. Lisa's eyes widened as she heard the brunette's cute whiny voice. 

The younger girl smiled widely and leaned down to give her a slow, soft kiss. 

"Now who's the one who is irresponsible. I guess you'll be the one to go late and get a slip." She teased with a smirk. 

Jennie plied her grip off and pushed her glasses up. 

"Not me. See you at lunch!" 

She called after her as she already scurried off to class. 

"Cute." Lisa chuckled to herself and turned to her locker to get her books and head to her class as well.