Chapter 8

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

Lisa pursed her lips and looked back at Jennie once again, before turning right back around and taking three shots. She grimaced as she felt the bitter liquid run down . "Ugh." She shut her eyes and shook her head, trying to get rid of the taste. 

Jennie stared at her in shock, not knowing whether to feel thankful that Lisa didn't makeout with her in front of everyone, or offended that she would rather become drunk as hell. 

"Ah! Such a !" Momo called out as Lisa groaned and laid down with her back against the floor. "Oh god, the room's spinning." The captain said in astonishment. Jennie leaned over her, blocking the sight of the spinning ceiling. 

"Hey, are you alright?" Jennie asked in concern. Lisa rubbed her eyes and nodded, sitting back up. "Yep. I'm fine. But let's go do something else now." 

She stood up with some difficulty, and held onto Jennie's hand, letting the brunette lead them out this time.

"You shouldn't have taken so many." Jennie said as she tugged Lisa's arm, trying to keep her on track. "And thank you for doing that for me." She added on quietly. 

Lisa smiled and faced Jennie. "I'd anything for you." She slurred with her eyes half closed. "Okay." Jennie said cautiously as she held onto Lisa's shoulders. "I think you're drunk now, maybe we should just head back to my place?" Jennie suggested, trying to look Lisa in the eyes, which was hard since her head was starting to droop. 

"No no, I'm not drunk now, I'm still Lisa." Her face split into a wide grin, trying to stifle her snickers. Jennie sighed. "I'm not drunk enough to take care of a drunk Lisa and her jokes." She whispered to herself before lifting Lisa's arm and putting it around her shoulder. 

"Come on, let's get some fresh air." The brunette suggested as she waddled them through the crowd, Lisa's head completely down. 

"Ay! Lisa!" She was stopped by what Jennie presumes is Jisoo, who had red lipstick all over her lips, cheeks, and neck. Without wasting another second, Jisoo pushed Lisa's head back and downed a cup of whatever was in there, laughing loudly as the captain grimaced and coughed. "Thanks man!" 

"What the hell?" She said groggily, feeling the room shift side to side. 

Jennie widened her eyes in alarm as she tried to look for Jisoo, who ran off again, probably back to playing truth or dare. Sighing, the older girl rubbed her eyes, feeling her contacts pretty irritating. 

"Come on." She said as she dragged an even drunker than before Lisa outside. The cold breeze hit them both, causing Jennie to shiver. 

Lisa wobbled but was able to stand up on her own, seeing Jennie hug herself, she took off her varsity jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders. "There, a pretty girl shouldn't feel cold." She half murmured. 

Jennie froze and blushed, not believing what she was hearing. "T-Thanks." She stuttered out. "But what about you?" She asked, eyeing the thin shirt Lisa was wearing. The captain stumbled in her steps and waved her off. "I'm fine. I'm actually immune to cold. I feel like a superhero sometimes, you know?" Lisa slurred and Jennie supported her again. 

The older girl nodded along, realizing Lisa didn't know what she was saying anymore. 

Pulling her bike upwards, Jennie struggled trying to balance it and Lisa at the same time. 

"Need a hand?" 

She heard from behind her and Jennie whipped her head at that voice, making the bike and Lisa, almost fall. 

"Park Chaeyoung." Jennie said aloud, seeing the blonde cheerleader wearing a smirk on her face. 

Said girl took Lisa from her and supported her. "Tall person advantages." She merely said and continued walking, Jennie stood still but hurried to come beside her.

"T-Thanks." Jennie said. 

"Jennie?" Lisa asked as she felt her body shift to something a little taller. "Nope. It's me." Chaeyoung said. Lisa squinted and rubbed her eyes. "Woah, you've turned into Park Chaeyoung." The captain said in astonishment. 

"No, I"m right here." The brunette said, making Lisa turn her head. "Oh." Her face broke out into a wide smile. "Great." She said happily. 

"Alright, you'll take it from here? I've gotta get back to the party and make sure no-one breaks anything." The cheerleader said, hooking Lisa's arm around a railing, making her lean on it. 

Jennie nodded and placed Lisa's bike against the wall before helping Lisa up the steps and into her home. 

The brunette sighed in relief seeing as the lights were off, meaning everyone went to sleep. "Jennie?" The captain murmured. Jennie brought her through the door and seated her on the bench, taking off her shoes. "Yeah?" 

Lisa smiled widely and shook her head, giggling. "You're a cute drunk." Jennie whispered, thinking Lisa would probably forget everything in the morning. "There, come on." She pulled Lisa up and dragged her upstairs to the bedroom.

Coming upstairs, Jennie shut her door quietly and headed towards the closet as Lisa flopped onto the bed, laying down like a starfish. 

"Here, you want shorts or sweats?" Jennie questioned, going through her pyjamas. "Shorts it is." The brunette murmured to herself, not hearing anything from Lisa. 

She pulled out a shirt and shorts, coming over to Lisa. "Here, get changed." Jennie said poking Lisa on the cheek. Lisa groaned and rolled over, forgetting where she was. 

"No." She whined as she felt her arm being tugged continuously. "Come on. I wanna go to sleep too, and it won't happen if you're being like this." Jennie said tiredly, her sleepiness come on her watching Lisa sleep. 

"Ugh, fine." Lisa said groggily and sat up, immediately taking off her shirt, not caring about whoever was watching her. 

Jennie widened her eyes and her cheeks flushed seeing a shirtless Lisa with only a bra, whipping her body around she closed her eyes. "T-Tell me when you're done." She stammered. Lisa hummed in confusion but put on the pyjamas shorts. The brunette finally turned around when she heard no noise coming from behind her. 

Jennie sighed in relief and picked up the clothes Lisa throw on the floor. She folded them up and placed them on her chair before heading into her closet and quickly changing. 

"I'll go get you a glass of water real quick so you can sober up." Jennie said to an almost knocked out Lisa. The silver haired woman dazedly nodded and blinked her eyes, convinced that the ceiling above her was moving in circles. "Woah." She breathed out in amazement.

"Here." The older girl came back and shut the door quietly, before placing the glass of water and a pill at the nightstand. "That's for tomorrow, but drink some water now." She brought the glass unto Lisa's lips. Lisa sat up straight somewhat and drank a few sips, shaking her head and rubbing her eyes. 

"I guess I'll take the couch downstairs then." Jennie said placing the glass back on the nightstand. Lisa fell back and shook her head. "No." She whined out, reaching her arm up towards Jennie. "Sleep here with me." She slurred and tugged Jennie onto the bed. 

"O-Oh." Jennie said in surprise as she felt Lisa lay her down beside her. "A-Are you sure?" She asked dumbly, feeling her cheeks turn red as Lisa wrapped her arms around her. 

"Mhmm." The captain hummed and closed her eyes. 

"Holy frickety frick." Jennie whispered to herself as her heart threatened to burst out of her chest by how loud it was beating.

She couldn't believe it. Lisa Manoban was sleeping next to her. She was sleeping with Lisa. "Lisa slept with me!" Jennie screamed in her head as she worded it differently. 

"Dear God." She murmured and tried to shift away from Lisa's grip on her. It didn't work as Lisa just scooted herself closer to Jennie. 

"Hey." Lisa said next to her. Jennie turned her head to see Lisa with her eyes closed. "Hi?" Jennie questioned. Lisa smiled, knowing that someone was there listening to her. 

"Can I tell you a secret? You have to promise not to tell anyone though." The younger girl said, still not sobering up. Jennie pursed her lips, trying to not let a quiet chuckle go through . "Uhm, sure." She hesitantly agreed. "She probably doesn't even know it's me." Jennie thought. 

"You can't tell Jennie Kim either." Lisa murmured afterwards. The brunette tensed and furrowed her brows. "Oh, she definitely doesn't think it's me!" She exclaimed in her head, feeling a little angry at the fact that Lisa was keeping something from her. 

Now that Jennie thought back to it, her and Lisa weren't even good friends. Hell, Jennie didn't even know if Lisa even truly considered them friends. Pushing the hurt aside, she responded to the very drunk Lisa. 

"Okay, what's your secret?" Jennie asked curiously. Sure, that was the wrong thing to do, but Jennie couldn't help herself. A drunk Lisa Manoban wanted to spill her secrets, so who was Jennie to object?

The brunette waited patiently, and pushed Lisa slightly, waking her up. "O-Oh?" Lisa asked, feeling sleep come onto her and wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep. "You were going to tell me a secret." Jennie said. 

Lisa yawned and nodded, closing her eyes but still keeping herself awake. 

"I think I might like someone."

Jennie's eyes widened and she resisted the urge to sit straight up and stare at Lisa in shock. Instead she hummed nonchalantly, not trusting her voice to speak at the moment. It didn't matter if Lisa was drunk, she just did not want to hear her own voice crack from hearing that news. 

"W-Who." Jennie cleared trying to make herself sound more clear. "Who do you like?" She egged on, hoping that Lisa would answer this question. 

At this, Lisa smiled widely and giggled. Jennie internally melted at the cute sound. "You better not tell anyone, pinky promise?" Lisa asked tilting her head off the pillow and opening her eyes slightly to hold out her pinky. 

Jennie swallowed the lump in and shakily brought up her own hand and interlocked their pinkies together. "Pinky promise." She said. 

The captain of the basketball brought her head back down and sighed. 

"I think...I like..." Jennie felt herself grow anxious as Lisa took pauses between her words. 

If Jennie didn't like Lisa as much as she did, she probably would have yelled at her to hurry up and answer the question already. 

"Jennie." Lisa whispered the end. Jennie tilted her head in confusion and mild irritation. "Yeah?-Wait." She stopped herself as her mind went into shut down. 

"Did Lisa just say...she likes me?!" Jennie asked herself and squealed before covering .  "." She whispered to herself, praying that she didn't wake anyone up. 

"So, you like Jennie?" She said to Lisa, trying to act cool about it. "I-I mean, why not am I right?" She spoke on. "Right?" She asked, and turned her head wondering why Lisa wasn't responding. 

"Oh." She said in realization and dissappointment as she saw Lisa with hung open, in deep sleep. 

"How am I supposed to sleep now?" Jennie whined to herself and hid her face under her covers to try and cool down her face and heart. 

"Lisa likes me. Lisa said she likes me! Oh God Lisa Manoban likes me!" She screamed on in her head continuously, still trying to accept it. 

"Oh , my contacts." Jennie spoke in panic as she opened her eyes and sat up, still struggling with Lisa's limbs tangled in her. 

AN:

Are y'all enjoying this book so far? Cuz I know I'm having fun writing it :)