Chapter 40

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

AN:

Ahhh, can't believe this story is finally over! This last chapter has  a time-skip so I hope you enjoy :) 

"Holy mother of chicken heaven!" 

Jisoo exclaimed loudly as she rummaged through her room and the various articles of clothing thrown about. 

"Babe, please don't tell me you lost your graduation cap." Chaeyoung finished putting her mascara on and placed it down, looking at her girlfriend through the mirror. 

Jisoo whined and began to search even harder. "Chaengie, I can't find it!" She flopped onto her bed, not caring for her black dress as it poofed around her. 

The blonde fixed her hair one last time before turning from the mirror and looking through Jisoo's closet. She found the graduation cap in no time and she flung it across the room towards her girlfriend. 

Jisoo gasped as it landed on her. "Ooh, Park Chaeyoung you're a lifesaver!" She got up and fixed her dress. 

The former head cheerleader just grinned and shrugged. "I try." 

"Now come on, we have to go pick up Lisa and Jennie before the brunch starts." Chaeyoung said as she grabbed her own gown and cap. 

"Chaeyoungie!" Jennie exclaimed and waved her arm out as she saw the familiar convertible pull up into the street. 

The car pulled up in front of them and Chaeyoung pushed her sunglasses up from her eyes, shooting Jennie a wink. 

As the brunette piled into the backseat, Jisoo looked around for the final member of their group. 

"Where's Lisa?" She asked. 

"Oh she lost her grad cap, so she's looking for it now." The brunette explained as she buckled up. Chaeyoung laughed from the front. 

"You two definitely are best friends." She said to Jisoo, who rolled her eyes and grumbled quietly to herself. 

"Lisa's a much bigger idiot than I am though." She said quietly. 

A few moments after, Lisa emerged from the front door, cap held in hand. "Found it!" 

Jennie cheered from her seat while Chaeyoung honked the horn. After everyone was in, the blonde drove to the pre graduation brunch that the school was holding. After that it would be the ceremony in the afternoon.

As the group of four, drove through the roads, Jennie cuddled up to Lisa, who gladly put her arm around her and gave her a kiss on her head. 

"I can't believe we're really graduating." She whispered into Lisa's ear. Their hair was flowing freely through the air and although they had spent hours getting ready, none of them seemed to mind it. 

Lisa grinned and looked down. "I know. It feels like yesterday when it was the first day of high school. And now we're finally going to move on." 

Lisa turned her attention to the front and she smiled brightly seeing Park Chaeyoung put out her hand on the centre counsel, only to see Jisoo intertwine her fingers with hers. The blonde looked over and brought their hands up to give the raven haired a kiss on her knuckles. 

"We all grew up so much in these years." She said. Jennie sighed beside her. "And we have much more growth left." 

"And now I would like to call upon this year's class valedictorian. This individual not only excelled in all academic classes, but they were heavily involved in the fourth consecutive victory of this year's chess tournament. They have shown great interest in helping others as they tutored one of their classmates and have shown extreme generosity and kindness throughout their high school experience. I am honoured to call upon Jennie Kim to give her speech."

The crowd whooped and hollered as the principal called upon Jennie's name. Lisa immediately turned to the side and gave Jennie a squeeze on her hand. 

"You got this, beautiful." She said and kissed her forehead. The brunette swallowed her nerves down and gave her girlfriend a smile. "Thank you." 

She stood up and made her way to the front of the crowd, stepping onto the stage and walking towards the podium where the principal was standing with a friendly smile. 

Jennie took one last look at the script in her hands and put it down. She raised her head up and spoke into the mic. 

"Hello everyone. My name is Jennie Kim and I am a senior-or well-used to be." She heard resounding chuckles through the space and she loosened up a bit more. 

"Now I would be lying if I said my high school experience was perfect. There were quite a few bumps on the road and ups and downs. But, I wouldn't ever trade this experience for the world. My first two years, I was a timid, shy nerd, who would combust from the inside whenever I had to do a presentation or a speech. And don't get me wrong, I still am a shy nerd, I'm just able to handle myself better." 

She looked in the crowd and spotted Lisa grinned with nothing but a proud and loving expression on her face. 

"A big part of high school is the people you meet. Whether it be the jocks who chug down three cans of red bull at 8 in the morning just because someone bet him two dollars," 

Her classmates chuckled, looking towards Jungkook who was laughing loudly. "Hey! It was a good deal!" He exclaimed, causing everyone to laugh louder. 

"Or the cheerleaders who make you jump out of your skin every time they turn the corner, and make you run out of the washroom when they enter," 

Park Chaeyoung sent Jennie a soft smile, while Yeri and Joy nudged each other's shoulders.

"It's also the ones who get so distracted when someone they're crushing on walks in the room, they get knocked to the ground by taking a basketball to the face, twice" 

Jisoo pouted and Chaeyoung brought her in closer, leaving a kiss on the side of her face. 

"And the best friend that you make along the way. The one who steals your granola bars, or makes you stay in the washroom for an extra five minutes, just so she could go back to class earlier and not have people thinking she was taking a number two in there. And the person who listens to you whine about the homework you have that night, and are always there for you to talk to, whether it be about what outfit you should wear to that party, or advice on what to do next" 

Jennie looked towards Nayeon, who was busy trying not to burst into tears right there. 

The brunette took a deep breath and looked into her girlfriend's eyes next. 

"And finally high school is about meeting the people, or person that changes your life for the better. The one that makes you reach you full potential. The one who breaks you out of your awkward, weird, shell. And I'm happy to say that I have found that special someone. This person helped me along my high school journey and without her, I don't think I would be standing up here, saying a speech to the very same crowd, who truthfully made me want to pee in my pants from fear.

So in conclusion, my high school experience was full of running away from a certain head cheerleader, crushing over a basketball captain who needed help with english, and sitting on a couch drinking red fruit punch during parties that I always vowed to never go to again. But through these four years, I have gotten to grow so much from my past self and I know some of you were able to as well." 

Chaeyoung smiled and nodded hearing that part. 

"High school wasn't perfect, but it was a successful journey. And I want to give a thank you to all the staff, teachers, and students who aided my classmates and I on this incredible journey in our lives." 

With that, Jennie stepped back and bowed, getting startled at the thunderous applause that sounded through the space. Everyone stood up and cheered at the top of their lungs, some even wiping away tears that escaped.

Lisa grunted as she placed the last box on the floor. Wiping off some sweat from her face, she ran her hand through her short, black hair. 

"Was that the last of them?" She asked, looking around the open space, taking count of the boxes that were laid about.

She looked up when another figure came through the door, holding a tray of that had two cups of lemonade. 

"Yep. The movers said that our other things will be coming later in the evening." 

Lisa smiled brightly as she saw her love walk in. 

"Thank you, Jennie." 

She took the glass and downed half of it right away. "I still can't believe we were able to get such a nice deal on this house." She said. 

Jennie put the tray down on the kitchen counter and nodded in agreement. "I love it so much, Lisa. It's perfect." She said. 

Walking out to the front porch, with Lisa tailing behind her, they both held each other in their arms as they took in the view outside their home

It was a three bedroom house that was on the bottom of a small hill, with a pond behind it. It had chipped, yellow paint on the outside of it and shaggy carpeting inside. 

It wasn't as grand as the house that Lisa had grown up in, but she vowed to fill it up with ten times more love than her house had. 

Looking out, Jennie and Lisa already pictured their little family growing up in this place. 

Lisa imagined herself rushing to get ready in the mornings, while Jennie would calmly wake up from her last night shift at the hospital. 

And she imagined her little baby girl, who would start crying from her crib at the crack of dawn, and having to pick her up and soothe her. 

Lisa pictured her little girl getting bigger, and her and Jennie growing older. She imagined that she would learn how to bike by riding down the small hill, and she would fall down a few times. 

She might even give up, but Jennie will crouch down beside her, and hug and kiss her, and whisper encouraging words into her ears before she would get back up and ride down the hill again. 

Jennie imagined herself coming home from her tiring night shift as a nurse in the nearby hospital, to see Lisa and their baby cuddled up on the couch together. The television still on, playing some children's show. She pictured herself slowly running her fingers through her wife's hair and waking her up, but being careful not to rouse their daughter. 

She pictured fun, lazy Sundays, full of baking and messes. With flour decorating their cheeks and three matching aprons adorning their bodies. Jennie saw movie night Saturdays with her little family, where they would watch old Disney classics. 

Jennie saw Lisa slowly being promoted in her company and becoming one of the head managers there. She pictured the bright, dazzling smile on her love's face when she comes rushing home to tell Jennie the good news. 

And lastly, they both picture themselves slowly shuffling around the house, slippers on their achy feet, as they bend over slightly due to their old back. And they both see love on their faces. 

They see love in every corner of their yellow painted home, with shaggy carpeting, at the bottom of a small hill, filled with memories of having picnics and teaching their daughter how to ride a bike and someday a car. 

Lisa and Jennie both turned to each other and leaned in, giving each other a long, loving kiss. 

"I love you so much Jennie, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, in our home." Lisa nuzzled Jennie's cheek in her hand. 

The brunette smiled widely, her eyes squinting shut. "I love you, and I can't wait to grow old with you, my love." 

Soooo, the epilogue has left a huge opportunity for me to write a sequel to this book with Jennie and Lisa's adorable little family, but I'm still thinking about it. Anyways, I hope you guys loved reading this fluffy story as much as I did writing it! 

Thank you and peace out! ✌️🎤