Chapter 31

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

Yawning loudly, Lisa squirmed around in her bed a little, relishing in the soft feel of her blanket that she knew she would have to give up. 

Her phone buzzed and she opened one of her eyes, seeing Jennie's name flash on the screen. 

 

"Good morning baby ❤️" 

 

Lisa's heart fluttered in her chest and she bit her lip, trying not to let out the goofy smile that was spreading on her lips. 

 

"Is it cool if you come around my house in a few? My mom is taking up gardening so we could have flowers in time for summer and I need help :(" 

 

-Jen💕

 

Lisa texted back an 'of course' and rolled out of bed, taking a quick shower before drying off and throwing on a pair of old sweatpants and a tank top. 

"Honey, you're up already?" Lisa's mom looked up from her phone, surprised to see her daughter up at 9 on a Sunday morning. 

"Yep. I'm heading over to Jennie's to help her plant flowers. Her mom wants to have some for summer time." The basketball player said, running her fingers through her still wet hair. 

She opened up the fridge and pulled out a bottle of fresh juice. 

Her mom looked up at her curiously. "You've been with this Jennie for a long time, haven't you?"

Lisa took a sip from her juice and rose one of her brows. "Why?"

The latter only laughed at how defensive her daughter sounded. She put down her phone to give her all her attention. 

"I mean, it's serious, isn't it? I've seen you with all your other relationships and you have never gotten ready on a Sunday morning to go garden with them. Especially after having a practice the night before and a game later today". 

Lisa widened her eyes at how observant her mom really is. "You know my schedule?" 

Her mom sighed. "I might be a distant parent, but I really hope you don't think I'm a bad one." She got up from the bar stool and walked over, affectionately fixing Lisa's messy bangs. 

The silver haired froze, not really knowing what to do with the action. It wasn't every day her mom would just hug or show affection to her. 

She slowly relaxed and exhaled. "Thanks mom and I don't think you're a bad mom. I-I love you." She added in the last part shyly. 

Her mom chuckled and pulled her in for a hug. "I don't think I'm the only person you love anymore, am I right?" 

Lisa turned tense again and pulling away, her mom saw how red her cheeks became.

"I-I've gotta go." She stuttered out and wiggled herself out, rushing out the front door. 

Her mom only shook her head at how love sick her daughter seemed to be. 

Pedalling up to her girlfriend's house, she smiled seeing the Kim family all outside already. She pulled up and hopped off her bike seeing a happy Jennie run up to her. 

"You're here!" She exclaimed and jumped into the silver haired woman's open arms. Lisa giggled and swung her around a few times. "Jennie, I saw you just two days ago." The younger said in disbelief over how clingy the brunette was. 

But Lisa was also just as happy to finally see her again. These days the two could barely go a day without at least seeing or contacting each other. 

Jennie leaned up for a quick peck, cautious of her parents and grabbed onto Lisa's hand, dragging her up the lawn. 

"Lisa!" Ella put down the small plastic shovel she was holding and wrapped her arms around Lisa, who crouched down to be at eye level. 

Ella placed sloppy kisses on the side of Lisa's cheeks and the Kim's all laughed at that. 

"Hi Chaerin." The silver haired said as she finally got up and detached Ella from her. Chaerin pulled her into a hug and gave her a pat on the shoulder. 

"Thanks for showing up Lisa." "No problem." Lisa brushed it off and when to greet Jennie's dad as well. 

"Finally, someone with actual strength will help us out." Jiyoung commented playfully. 

Jennie laughed loudly at that. 

Ella pouted. "Hey! I'm strong." She put her arms up in exasperation. 

"Oh, I'm not talking about you honey." He winked at his youngest and Jennie furrowed her brows at that. 

"Hey!" She exclaimed, finally understanding. 

Lisa broke out into laughter and put on the gloves, picking up a shovel. "It's alright, babe." The basketball player kissed the top of Jennie's head before heading off with Jiyoung to dig up some dirt. 

Jennie grumbled under her breath as she kicked the ground with her boot. 

"Don't worry, if you drink lots of milk, maybe you'll grow up to be big and strong too!" Ella said happily. She laughed loudly at the glare she received from her sister. 

"Ella!" Jennie yelled and chased around her sister, who was still giggling loudly.

"I think it'll be really pretty if we put the white lilies over there by the bushes." Jennie said. Lisa nodded, bringing them out of their pot and putting them in ground. 

As they were busy crouching and planting the flowers, the neighbour's door opened and the Park's walked out. 

"Oh, hey there Chaerin." Mrs. Park greeted, seeing her whole family outside. Jennie's mom waves back in acknowledgment. 

"You guys headed to church today?" Jiyoung asked, digging the shovel into the dirt. 

At that, Lisa's and Jennie's heads shot up and they both looked at each other in shock. 

"Yep. I'll see you two at brunch tomorrow right?" Mr. Park chimed in as he unlocked the car and got in. 

Jennie's parents both did a thumbs up in acknowledgment. 

A couple seconds later, the last Park came through the door wearing a cute white dress. 

"Park Chaeyoung." Lisa and Jennie both said in surprise and disbelief. 

"Did you know she went to church?!" Jennie nudged Lisa and whisper yelled. Lisa looked at her with wide eyes and shook her head. 

Chaeyoung walked out the door and was mortified to find that not only Jennie was outside, but Lisa was as well. 

Park Chaeyoung blushed deeply and rushed down the stairs, stuttering over her steps in embarrassment. 

Jennie and Lisa covered their mouths with their hands, trying their hardest to not burst out laughing at that sight. 

"Shut up. If you two little s tell anyone I will end you." Chaeyoung spat out quietly, glaring at the two idiots snickering. 

"Oh come on Chaeyoung, it's not nice to curse before going into the house of the Lord." Lisa reprimanded her, managing to say it without wheezing. 

"I swear to god-AH!" Chaeyoung yelled out in frustration, realizing she swore again. 

Jennie laughed out loud at that and the head cheerleader practically had steam coming out of her ears at this point. 

"Come on Roseanne! Or else we'll be late and you'll have to sit at the back! And I know you hate the view from there." Her mom called out to her from the car. 

Jennie and Lisa were laying on the ground, doubled over with laughter at this point. 

"You've gotta get going Roseanne." Lisa said as she wiped her eyes. 

The blonde gritted her teeth. "I'll remember this." She said, still red in face as she walked over and got inside the car.

Lisa and Jennie laughed some more before the brunette looked down to see one of the flowers all stepped on. 

"Heyyy." Jennie whined. "She stomped on our flower." She pouted. 

"We should've gave her one so she could put in her hair for church." Lisa joked out once again. Jennie smiled once again and giggled. 

Both of them stood back up and took a proper look at their clothes and faces, seeing each other covered in dirt due to falling over. 

"Wow, you two need a shower." Ella commented as she walked by with a small flower pot. 

"So, my final game of the year is happening in a week." Lisa mentioned as she looked at the older girl through the mirror from her seat. Jennie rubbed the towel through the younger girl's wet hair. 

Jennie put it down and took out a brush, carefully combing through Lisa's silver locks. 

"Well I'll be sure to be there, cheering you on." Jennie smiled widely through the mirror. Lisa chuckled and stared at her appreciatively. 

Her heart swelled at the sight of the crinkle between Jennie's brows as she concentrated on taking out the knot of Lisa's hair and her lower lip slightly jutted out into a small pout. 

"I love you...r'e support." 

Lisa cleared and sat up straight at the slip-up. 

Jennie's hands stilled on her hair and she widened her eyes. "Uhm, t-t-thanks." She stuttered out. 

The two stared at each other through the mirror. Lisa coughed into her hand. 

Feeling her body warm up and her heart contract in her chest, the captain felt light headed at the heat she was engulfed in. 

"Uhm, maybe I should get going now." Lisa said awkwardly, slowly standing up. She waited a couple seconds, but Jennie only nodded in agreement. 

"I-I guess." 

The air was still as Lisa slowly collected her stuff and headed out the door. Jennie followed her down the stairs and opened the front door. 

"See you tomorrow." She said. Lisa nodded and pursed her lips. "Yeah."

Lisa ran her fingers through her hair and exhaled. "This is awkward." 

Jennie breathed out a laugh, trying to keep her racing heart still and make her palms less sweaty. "Yep." 

"Sorry for slipping up like that, I didn't want to say it in that situation." Lisa apologized, red coating her cheeks. 

Jennie's eyes shot up. "So...you still wanted to say that?" She asked unsurely. 

Lisa's eyes widened at yet another slip-up. She groaned. "Ugh, I should just go before I embarrass myself again. 

"N-No! I-I also been wanting to say..." Jennie trialed off. 

"Lisa you're leaving?!" Ella ran to the door and wrapped her arms around Lisa's waist and arms, trying to trap her. 

Lisa chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah, I've gotta get back. I have a ball game later tonight." 

At that Ella gasped loudly. "Can I come! Can I come! Pleasepleaseplease!" She pleaded, looking up with a pout and puppy eyes. 

Lisa smiled widely and ruffled up her hair. The silver haired only shrugged and looked up at Jennie. 

"It depends on what your sister says." 

Ella quickly got off of Lisa and clinged onto her sister instead. 

Jennie, who was still reliving the past few moments in her head, snapped out of it. "Huh?" 

"Unnie, can I please go to Lisa's game!" Ella begged. Jennie exhaled a shaky breath before smiling. 

"Of course. I'll bring you with me." 

"See you tonight then." Lisa said stiffly and waved her hand. 

Jennie nodded, but leaned in to place a quick kiss on the corner of . She leaned back and covered her face shyly.

 "Bye." 

Lisa's cheeks warmed up and she giggled, saying her goodbyes before leaving. 

As the door closed, Jennie went to the nearest couch and fell onto it, squealing into the pillow. She thrashed around her arms and legs as she went through the rush of emotions. 

Chaerin walked into the room and looked at Ella who was still standing there curiously. 

Ella shrugged. 

"Jennie Unnie's just malfunctioning again." 

AN: 

You two should just say I love you already 🙄