Chapter 1

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Sweet mother of chicken heaven." 

A raven haired woman stopped in the middle of whatever she was doing to stare at the masterpiece that had just walked through those doors. 

There she was, in all her blonde haired glory. 

Park Chaeyoung 

Wait let me rephrase that, 

The Park Chaeyoung 

as in, The head cheerleader of the school, Park Chaeyoung. 

Standing at courtside, watching the girls ball practice. 

Jisoo hesitantly lifted her hand to wave at the cheerleader, but was unable to as she felt the familiar rubber of the basketball collide with her cheek and knock her off balance, and face plant onto the gym floor. 

"Ah, shoot. Kim! Get your head out of your and do four laps!" The coach yelled from the sidelines and shook her head at her player's antics.

"Nice one, Chu." The captain of the basketball team said as she helped Jisoo off of the floor. The captain bent down to Jisoo's level and inspected the now bright red cheek.

"Well, at least it just looks like you were slapped and nothing worse. You're probably used to that though." 

Jisoo scrunched her face up and shoved her friend away. "Shut it, Lisa." Immediately whipping her head afterwards to spot Park Chaeyoung snickering behind her hand. 

The basketball player sighed sadly and walked away from the court, not bothered by faint throbbing of her cheek. She began to jog around the gym, complaining under her breath. 

"Hey, don't worry about it. She wasn't going to date you anyways." Lisa yelled at Jisoo before running back onto the court and continuing the practice. 

"Alright team, gather round!" Lisa barked out and watched as the girls rushed towards her. 

"So, the season's starting up again so we all gotta be on our feet. Not like Jisoo on the floor, understood? We gotta defend the championship at all costs." Everyone nodded their heads and put their hands in for a cheer before running off into different directions.

"Be here for practice tomorrow after school! If you're late, you're doing suicides for the hour!" The coach yelled out and blew the whistle, indicating the end of practice. 

Lisa retightened her pony tail and rearranged the bangs that were now matted down onto her forehead by her sweat. 

"Need a ride home?" Lisa asked Jisoo who was on her final lap around the gymnasium. The raven haired stopped in front of the silver haired girl and bent down, keeping her hands on her knees. Jisoo panted as she tried to catch her breath.

"That's alright. My sis is getting me today. If she's not busy faces with Kang right now." She stood up straight and winced as she touched her still red cheek. "Do you think I have a chance with Park Chaeyoung? Be honest." Jisoo asked Lisa, who rose one of her brows.

"You want me to be honest? Geez, that's hard to do." She teased and laughed as Jisoo shoved her playfully. "Alright alright. Honestly, you might have like a ten percent chance." Lisa threw her arm over Jisoo's shoulder and walked along her out of the gym. "I mean, she's like around my height, so 5'4, while you are 4'5. See the problem?"

"Height doesn't matter if you're soulmates, and that's exactly what me and Chaeyoung are." Jisoo said confidently. Lisa scoffed. "Please, I bet she doesn't even know your full name." The two players bickered around until a car pulled up along the curb and a tinted window rolled down.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping." 

A raven haired woman said with a straight face. Jisoo sighed and shook her head at her sister's antics. 

"Irene, you don't have to quote that line every single time you pick me up." 

Jisoo reminded her. Lisa chuckled at her and waved a goodbye to Jisoo before walking off. Behind her back, she heard the same old arguments that two sisters have daily.

"Excuse me, don't put your sweaty body onto my passenger seat. Besides that's for Seulgi baby only." "Well when is your baby coming? I'm hungry." Jisoo complained loudly and Lisa heard some more shouting before she turned the corner to find her bike locked and secure. She undid it and hopped on the bike, pedalling out of school. 

-

Lisa got off of her bike and left it stood against the side of her house. Or rather mansion. 

"Mom? I'm home!" 

Lisa shouted as she opened the large front door. After she was greeted back with silence, Lisa sighed and removed her sneakers, hopping up the stairs to her room. 

An empty house once again. The silver haired woman pulled her hoodie over her head and threw it across the room, not caring where it ended up. She did the same with her basketball shorts and hopped into the shower. After her quick shower, she pulled on a pair of sweatpants and a shirt before going downstairs to grab a snack.

"Ooh, chips." Lisa pulled the bag out of the pantry before opening them and then was about to snack on them before she heard the doorbell ring.

"Did Mom come home early?" Lisa said to herself and placed the bag on the counter before opening up the front door. Which revealed a small girl who was crying.

"Oh no, are you okay? What happened?" Lisa crouched to be at her level and looked over at her worriedly. "Where's your mom?" She asked and was taken aback as the girl hugged her tightly. 

"I got lost." The girl muffled into the crook of Lisa's neck. Lisa nodded and straightened herself up, carrying the girl in her arms. She brought them into the kitchen and placed her onto the counter. 

"Here, stay right there while I go make a phone call, okay?" Lisa pulled her phone out from her pocket and left the kitchen. She dialled 911 on her phone before she heard a worried voice yell out from outside. 

"Ella!" 

"Ella! Where are you?!" 

"I'm here!" 

Lisa heard the little girl yell from in her kitchen. The silver haired woman ran back there to see her chips being eaten by the girl named Ella whose tears were no longer seen. She squinted her eyes and pouted. "Hey, I was planning on eating those." 

"Ella?" Lisa heard a knock on the already open front door and walked down the hallway to see a brunette who had on snowflake pyjama pants paired with fluffy slippers, and a sweater. Lisa smiled seeing the attire, considering that it was not even Christmas time yet. She looked up to see round rimmed glasses and her hair up in a messy bun. Also porcelain skin that was unblemished, with cat like eyes that were now squinted with worry. 

For the first time ever, Lisa opened and nothing came out. She was just awestruck by this stranger who was just standing there trying to look over Lisa's shoulder, probably looking for that Ella girl. 

"Ella are you in there- Oh." The pretty stranger said in surprise as her gaze finally shifted from behind the tall girl's shoulder to face. The shorter girl's eyes widened dramatically as she stumbled back a few steps. She felt her cheeks light up red as heat emitted from them. 

"I-I-Lisa?" She asked in surprise and disbelief. 

Lisa smiled brightly at the pretty stranger knowing her name. "Yep. That's me. How do you know my name?" She asked a little confused. She had never seen this girl before. She would have remembered such a pretty face. 

"I-I go to the same high school as y-you." The stranger said with a slightly wavy voice. 

"Oh, what's your name?" Lisa asked as she walked a few steps forward, not knowing she was causing the stranger's heart to beat out of control.

"Oh, I'm Je-" 

"Unnie!" The little girl pushed past Lisa and jumped into her sister's unexpecting arms. The brunette immediately casted her gaze downwards. "Oh, god! Ella, don't you ever run off like that again." Her older sister said, picking her up into her arms. 

"Sowwy..." Ella pouted and turned her head to smile at Lisa. "Bye Lisa!" 

"You know my name too?" Lisa questioned. "Of course I do! Unnie can't stop talking about-" 

"A-Alright, I guess I'll be going now. Thanks, bye." The older sister clamped her hand over Ella's mouth and ran off of Lisa's porch, dashing down the fresh green lawn, that evidently had a "Do not step on" sign. Lisa cringed seeing the stranger's footprints squish down the grass, but she decided against calling her out. 

She was too cute for that. Lisa thought. 

Dazed, Lisa shut the door and whispered a quite, 'Woah', before returning to the kitchen counter to find the bag of chips gone. "What? Oh that little brat!" 

-

"Ella, what's that crinkling noise?" "Oh, chips. You want some Jennie Unnie?" Ella asked nonchalantly as her sister was a few steps away from their house. Jennie had begun panting ten seconds after she had starting running, so Ella had to make her journey by foot. 

"You should start doing some sports." Ella commented seeing her sister double over and try to catch her breath. "Hey, I'm on the Chess club. And that qualifies as a sport." Ella rolled her eyes and walked beside her. 

"I meant a real sport. Maybe you should make Lisa help you. You know, up close and personal." Ella smirked seeing Jennie's cheeks turn dark red and watched her tuck her face into her oversized sweater. "Ahh, stop that." Jennie said, embarrassed by the thoughts she had of Lisa actually touching her and helping her. More importantly talking with her. And touching her. Couldn't forget touching her. 

Their house was approximately a fifteen minute walk away from Lisa's. Jennie had known this fact, but she did not expect that it would be exactly that distance. Halfway there, Jennie became convinced that the crinkling sound was real and not just in her head. 

The older sister, who was named Jennie, widened her eyes and looked down at Ella. "You stop chips from Lisa Manoban's house?!" She yelled out in panic. "Quiet down, woman! You're screaming up a storm here." Ella said with a glare as she reached under her hoodie and pulled out a half eaten bag of lays. 

"Can't believe Lisa would get Lays tho. Half of it is just air." Ella said looking at the bag with a confused face. She couldn't stare at it long since it was snatched by Jennie, who had a weird look on her face. 

"I'm leaving." Ella said as she figured out her sister was going through that weird phase again. She hopped up the steps to her house and barged in the front door, already getting scolded by her mom for running off. 

"You know you're meant to eat them, right?" A voice called out from behind Jennie's shoulder. She jumped out of her trance and turned around to see the head cheerleader on her front lawn.

Park Chaeyoung. 

"Uhh, T-Thanks for letting me know." Jennie said shyly and tried to hide the bag of chips away from Chaeyoung. 

The blonde haired cheerleader smirked and looked at Jennie questionably. "So, what were you doing staring at potatoes like they are the love of your life?" Chaeyoung crossed her arms over one another and leaned onto her right foot. 

Jennie cleared . Already feeling intimidated by the cheerleader's stare and stance. "Nothing." She answered quickly and speed walked into her house. 

The brunette shut the door behind her with a sigh of relief. "God, that was nerve wracking." She whispered as she peeked through the window that displayed the front of her house. 

Park Chaeyoung sighed and shook her head as she walked next door to her own house. 

Yes, Jennie Kim lived right next to Park Chaeyoung. 

"Jennie? Are you here?" Jennie backed away as she heard her mom's voice call out through the house. 

"Here." Jennie walked into the kitchen and put on a tired smile. "Thanks for finding Ella, sweetie." 

"No problem. Although I would appreciate it if you told her not to steal chips from stranger's houses." Jennie said and saw how Ella opened in disbelief. 

"Hey! I trusted you with that." The younger sister said in shock. 

"You stole a bag of chips?!" Her mother asked in shock and saw Jennie hold up the bag. 

"They weren't from a stranger, it was from Lisa." Ella said. Jennie rolled her eyes and snickered at her mom scolding her sister once again. 

Jennie ascended the stairs quietly, not wanting her mother to notice her again and start talking to her about responsibility and whatnot. She walked into her room and closed the door behind her, falling onto her bed with a sigh. She laid down her back and outstretched her hands. Staring up into the ceiling, Jennie pursed her lips. 

"Lisa Manoban." 

At that, Jennie turned over and buried her face in her pillow, squealing and kicking her legs excitedly. "I just talked to Lisa!" She whispered to herself and had a wide smile on her face.  

That smile soon turned into a terrified expression. "I just talked to Lisa." Jennie said slowly, the actions sinking in. 

The brunette sat up and ran her fingers through her anxiously. "Oh god, she must think I'm a loser or an idiot." Jennie said looking down at her clothing attire. 

"Who the hell wears snowflake pyjamas in September?!" Jennie yelled out in embarrassment as she tugged on them. 

She fell back onto her beg with another sigh. "But I still talked to Lisa." 

And without meaning to, another smile appeared on her face. 

≈≈

AN: 

I live for Rosé having a y attitude. Sorry not sorry. 😂

Also, I started another story. So sorry for not updating the others, but I've been experiencing major writer's block and I thought that it was better to at least write another story than not write at all :)