Chapter 17

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

AN:

Forgive me if this chapter seems all over the place 😔

"Heyyy." Nayeon dragged out, trying to sound as calm as possible, but her voice was raised two octaves by how terrified she really was.

The blonde headed cheerleader crossed her arms and walked closer to her. Chaeyoung looked her up and down before giving her an irritated expression. "Are you gonna move your to the side today or not?" She spat out and Nayeon squeaked. 

"S-Sorry." She stuttered and jumped out of the way. Chaeyoung said nothing else and entered the restroom. 

Jennie and Nayeon both sighed in relief as she left. "I thought she ing heard us." Nayeon whisper yelled and Jennie nodded in agreement. "Thanks to the lord above, she didn't." Jennie did a quick prayer thanking God. 

"Alright, Imma head off to my dead frog now. I have to cut Kermit open." Jennie said and adjusted her glasses. Nayeon gave her a weird look. "Do you really have to name every animal you dissect? And why Kermit?" 

Jennie ignored her best friend and made her way to the lab.

≈ 

"Wrong." 

"Arghh." Lisa groaned and ruffled up her hair, frustrated that she couldn't get the answer right. She put her head down on the table, defeated. 

Jennie chuckled at her behaviour and patted her head. "Don't be frustrated, you're still improving quite a bit." She reassured her. Lisa frowned, lifting her face so she could look at Jennie. 

"You're only saying this because you like me." The silver haired woman said with a pout. Jennie averted her gaze and lowered her face so she could hide the blush that surrounded her cheeks. "T-That's not true." "Lies." She thought in her head. 

"Your test is tomorrow and we still need to go through the rest of the play." The brunette reminded her, scooting closer to Lisa and picking up the book. "And don't forget, my offer still stands." At this, Lisa perked up. 

"So if I pass you'll do anything I say?" She asked, rather excited. Jennie looked at her suspiciously but nodded in agreement. "Yes, but don't make me regret it." She said more to herself.

Jisoo yawned and stretched, feeling exhausted from spending her whole night playing a new video game she had bought. 

Rubbing her eyes, she became startled when a sudden figure appeared before her. 

"Nayeon! Don't scare me like that!" She scolded. Nayeon smiled apologetically. "I'm so sorry, but I have to talk to you about something important." She said quietly, looking around as she did. 

Jisoo scrunched her face in confusion. "What is it?" Nayeon looked around one more time before pulling her off to the corner of the school. 

It was way after classes and Jisoo was waiting for her sister Irene to come pick her up before she got dragged away by Nayeon.

"She knows! They know!" Nayeon exclaimed and flailed her arms about. Jisoo looked at her weirdly. "Girl, what are you on?" She asked and received a smack on her arm. "I'm not on anything. I'm talking about Park Chaeyoung and her two musketeers." 

The older girl became interested hearing Chaeyoung's name, but she made sure not to show any emotion. "What did they hear?" 

At that, Nayeon went on explaining what Chaeyoung had said to Lisa earlier in the day.

Jisoo rose her brow at that. "It doesn't seem to me that she even knows that I was hanging out with you. And if she knew, what's the big deal anyways?" She shrugged. Nayeon's eyes almost bulged out of her sockets when she heard that.

"What's the big deal? Oh nothing, only that a few days ago you told me you were perfectly single, and now Park Chaeyoung's apparently going after your !" She ran her fingers through her hair, feeling stressed and afraid.

Jisoo noticed how genuinely terrified she looked in the moment and went closer towards Nayeon, engulfing her in a hug. "Don't worry. I'll handle this and remember, none of this is your fault." She said firmly. 

Feeling her phone buzz, she stepped back and took it out of her pocket. "I've gotta go, my sis just pulled up. Bye Nayeon." She smiled and gave the young girl a wave before lightly jogging to the front of the school.

Nayeon stood there, mostly in disbelief. She got a hug from an incredibly hot and pretty basketball player, but now the head cheerleader is currently hunting her down, and won't stop till she's mysteriously found dead in a ditch.

"This is all Jennie's fault!" She fumed inside her head, not knowing what else to do in the situation except blame someone else. 

"It's not my fault!" Jennie defended herself, but Nayeon didn't back down. "No no. It's your damn fault that I was even confident enough to go after Jisoo! But that failed." Her best friend protested.

Nayeon had come over to Jennie's house, crashing her and Lisa's study session by fighting with the brunette. 

"Oh hell no." Jennie pushed her glasses up and stood up from her spot in her bed. "Don't blame any of this on me." Nayeon followed her pose and they both stood in front of each other, eyebrows raised and hands on hips.

"This isn't my fault." Nayeon shook her head and Jennie huffed. 

They both opened their mouths at the same time. 

"It's Lisa's fault!" "Then it's Lisa's fault!" 

Nayeon and Jennie blurted out and turned their heads towards the figure who was laying down on stomach, on her phone. Hearing her name, Lisa poked her head up and looked at them with disbelief. 

"Why is it my fault?" 

"Shut up!" 

They yelled out again and Lisa widened her eyes, nodding her head and obeying their order. 

Jennie was the first to back down, and she sat down on the bed, laying next to Lisa. She nuzzled her head into Lisa's shoulder and the younger girl lifted her arm so she could tuck Jennie into her. 

Nayeon fake gagged. "You guys are already acting like a couple, it's sickening." Lisa and Jennie both didn't pay her any attention as they were now watching a funny video on Lisa's phone. 

"Why do I even bother." She whispered to herself. 

"Lisaaaaa." Jennie whined suddenly and looked at her with puppy eyes. Lisa immediately turned off her phone and looked at her. "What's wrong?" 

"I want some ice cream." She pouted. Lisa chuckled and was about to respond but Nayeon interrupted. 

"Yep. I'm out of here." She excused herself and rushed down the stairs. 

"Nayeon, are you leaving now dear?" Chaerin called out from the living room, watching some soap opera.

"Yes auntie! They are being too cute for comfort up there. Bye!" She yelled out and opened the door. Rushing down the steps, she became surprised at the sight of someone else who was outside. 

Nayeon yelped and ducked down when she saw the blonde head of hair turn around.  She ninja rolled around so Jennie's mom's car was covering her.

Park Chaeyoung groaned as she tossed the heavy bags of trash into the bins. "I'm never taking out the trash again." She whispered to herself, grimacing as she stared at her hands, imagining the millions of germs on her. 

She huffed, causing a puff of air to escape from her lips, which was visible thanks to the cold weather that they were having lately. 

Hearing a loud thud come from the house over, she turned around and looked to see Jennie's house.

Furrowing her brows, she walked ahead a few steps, reaching the edge of where her lawn ends and Jennie's starts.

"Hello?" She let out a little scared. 

Nayeon, who was still crouching behind the car covered so she didn't laugh or scoff. Which resulted in her huffing with still partially covered. 

Of course Park Chaeyoung would be that one dumb person in a horror movie who would move closer to the weird sound. 

The blonde gulped when she heard heavy breathing coming from the car parked in the driveway. 

"Roseanne! Come back inside already, it's freezing out there." Chaeyoung jumped when she heard her mom call out for her. She whipped her head around and mentally sighed in relief when she saw her poke her head through the front door. 

The head cheerleader complied, giving one last glance at the car before heading in. 

When she heard the door shut close, Nayeon released a loud exhale. "Roseanne?" She asked herself, remembering the name Chaeyoung's mother, she assumed, called out.

Releasing a loud snicker, she felt around in her pockets for her phone so she could call and tell Jennie that.

"No way, really?" Jennie spoke into the phone. Lisa looked over curiously but didn't keep her attention on her for long, since she was in the middle of a movie.

"Wait, why the are you hiding out in my driveway in the first place?" Lisa overheard the brunette ask harshly, and she snorted. After hearing Jennie and Nayeon argue back and forth for some time, she finally heard the dial tone.

"You guys argue an awful lot." The younger girl said, rolling over onto her back, letting her head lean off of the bed. She gave Jennie, who was standing in front of her a dopey smile. 

Jennie chuckled. "Well, she's a pain in the sometimes. But she's still my best friend." She walked closer and leaned down so she could peck Lisa's lips.

"Now shouldn't you be heading home now?" Jennie asked with a teasing smile. Lisa pouted and whined. "Heyyy, more kisses please." She puckered her lips, but got lightly smacked by Jennie's hand instead. 

"I'm serious, it's half past ten now." The older girl said seriously, but chuckled a little. Lisa groaned. "I don't wanna leave. Can't I stay here for the night?"

"But school-" "I'll wake up extra early so I could go home to get ready." Lisa interrupted and leaned up for another kiss. Jennie pursed her lips. "I'll ask my mom." Lisa grinned and sat up, immediately hopping off the bed and racing down the stairs.

"Hey! Quiet! Ella's sleeping and I don't wanna wake her." Jennie whisper yelled, right on Lisa's tail. The silver haired woman turned her head to face her with an apologetic smile.

Turning the corner, they reached the family room where Chaerin was now flipping through the channels. "Oh Lisa, leaving any time soon?" She teased and Lisa laughed. "Actually I was wondering if I could stay the night here. Only since it's dark and cold outside." 

Jennie chimed in as well. "It would be better for her since she also has a test tomorrow, so Lisa needs as much sleep as she needs." 

Chaerin raised an eyebrow hearing that. "Are you saying that as a tutor or a girl having a crush." The brunette opened , but nothing came out. Instead her cheeks turned a tint of red. 

Lisa came to her rescue. "As a tutor, Miss Kim. I assure you." She said formally. Chaerin laughed and nodded her head. 

"I suppose you can stay over tonight, but this better not be a regular occurrence, and trust me it hasn't nothing to do with you Lisa." The basketball player rubbed her back of her nape and laughed. "Of course."

"Let's go now." Jennie snapped back to reality and took hold of Lisa's arm, dragging her up the stairs. 

"You know, this kind of reminds me of that night I got wasted." Lisa commented, seeing Jennie rummage through her closet for some pyjamas. The brunette smiled remembering the moment when Lisa confessed that she liked her. 

"Yep. That was one crazy night." She agreed. Picking a pair of shorts and an oversized long sleeve, she tossed them at Lisa. Picking out some snowflake pyjamas for herself, she headed into the bathroom to get changed.

When she came back, Lisa was already changed and snuggled in her bed. 

Getting a sudden idea in her head, the brunette stopped and stepped back a little before charging towards the bed. Jennie jumped onto it and into Lisa's arms, which her awaiting her. 

They both chuckled as the younger one tucked in the latter and kissed the tip of her nose. 

"Goodnight."