Chapter 6

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Alright! Whoo!" Jisoo slammed onto the locker as the rest of the team continued preparing for the game. 

Lisa brought her knee up to her chest and stretched, side eyeing Jisoo. "You do know that you aren't allowed to take any 'enhancements', right?" She brought her leg down and cracked her knuckles. 

Jisoo rolled her eyes as she rested her foot on the bench, stretching out her leg. "What makes you think I took drugs, I'm just excited. For the game and also because Park Chaeyoung promised she'll go together with me to the party if we win." 

"So" She walked closer to Lisa and poked her finger on her chest. "We better win." Lisa scoffed and chuckled, swatting her finger away. "Of course we're going to win. Now come on and continue stretching. I don't want you to pull that bull excuse of that player fouling you just because you got a cramp in your leg, again." Lisa reminded her before heading off to the other teammates, giving them a pep talk. 

Jisoo mumbled under her breath as she caught up with Lisa. 

"Nayeon, please." Jennie pleaded once again. Nayeon kept her gaze ahead, pretending not to hear her best friend. 

"Come on, you've once told me you would do anything for me. Even kill." Jennie mentioned as she took a bite of her granola bar. "Yah, that didn't mean that I would go as a third wheel for you." She turned to face Jennie and took the granola bar out of her hand, putting the rest of it in . 

"Hey! I was eating that." Jennie protested but Nayeon continued on chewing. "You can have it back in 1-2 business days." She said, swallowing it. Jennie grimaced and shook her head. "Never mind. And you're not going to be a third wheel. You and I are going, remember?" 

"No, you and Lisa are going, and you are dragging me along." Nayeon scooted back as another couple of people filled up the bleacher they were sitting in. 

They both were currently waiting for the game to start, just like the rest of the gym. 

"For the last time, me and Lisa aren't going together. She's just picking me up, taking me there, and dropping me off-God! Are me and Lisa going together?!" Jennie said in realization, saying it out loud. 

Nayeon rolled her eyes. "For a tutor, you're awfully slow." She commented as she craned her neck to see the cheerleaders run in. "And obviously you and Lisa are going together. You know, it seems to me that she kinda likes you." She teasingly nudges Jennie as the brunette blushes over that fact. 

Jennie fixes she glasses and clears . "She isn't into me. Why would she be?" She says as her gaze lands on Yeri, who was doing the routine, and Park Chaeyoung beside her. "That kiss probably meant nothing." She whispered to herself, but Nayeon heard it. 

"What! Excuse me, what?" She held onto Jennie's shoulders and looked her in the eyes. "You and Lisa kissed?!" She whisper shouted, feeling the stares of others on her back. 

Jennie took her hands off of her and fixed her now wrinkled top. "Kind of. It wasn't even a real kiss, sort of like a brush of our lips. A car had come up and made us snap out of it." Jennie grumbled, feeling a little angry at that damn car for driving up when it did. 

"So, you guys would've kissed if you weren't interrupted?" Nayeon asked with one eyebrow raised. Jennie contemplates for a second before her cheeks turned red. Nayeon squealed, already getting the answer. 

"Oh my God! I'm already planning your wedding in my head." She exclaimed as Jennie shoved her away. 

She didn't have to tell her best friend to shut up as the lights dimmed and people began to cheer. Soon, the home team came out of the door, everyone yelling loudly for them. 

Jennie sat a little straighter to see the last person to come out, which was the team captain. 

Lisa smiled brightly and waved to everyone as she jogged into the court, already feeling the energy bursting into her.

"God, isn't she cute?" Jennie whispered as she felt her breath being taken away from her as she saw Lisa in her jersey and shorts, which were showing off those legs. "Those damn legs." She thought. 

Not long after, the game began with the tip off, which was won by Lisa's team. 

Jennie had always went to these games, so she knew what everything meant. She had gone partly for Lisa and also because she had a general interest in the sport. Unfortunately, her body didn't agree with her mind as she couldn't shoot a basketball for her life. 

The first bucket was easy as Lisa ran down the court and Jisoo grabbed hold of the ball, tossing it to the captain so she could make a layup. 

"Whoo!" The cheerleaders on the side cheered. 

"Go Lisa!" Jennie yelled and waved. Lisa turned back to look at where that was coming from and smiled seeing the familiar brunette sitting in the stands. She mouthed back a hey and winked. 

"Manoban? Pay attention." The coach yelled from the sidelines and Lisa got out of her trance, shaking her head before running towards the opposite end of the court. 

"Oh God, I won't be able to survive this game." Jennie murmured as she felt her heart palpitating from Lisa's wink. "Neither will I." Nayeon whispered back from beside her as her eyes trailed one basketball player in particular.

Jennie closed her eyes as she put her arms above her head and yawned, feeling them water up. "Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick, be right back." Nayeon said before heading down. 

The game had finally finished, with 68-73. The home team winning. Everyone immediately stood up and began to pile out, but Jennie sat there, scrolling through her phone. 

"Hey." Jennie heard from in front of her and looked up to see a sweaty, panting Lisa. "So, how'd I do?" She asked with a smug look on her face.

The brunette blushed a little and stood up to head down and see Lisa up close. "Hey." Jennie smiled sweetly at the captain. "Ooh, don't get too close yet, still sweaty." Lisa warned. "You did amazing." Jennie said, recalling just how many points and assists Lisa made. 

Lisa shook her head at that. "Nah, I think it was the team that all did great, especially Jisoo and Momo." She took the towel that was wrapped around her neck, and wiped her face off. "I'll go wash up and come meet with you again, alright?" She said as she walked backwards. 

"Don't you want to go with your friends?" Jennie raised her voice as Lisa went further away. 

"No. I'd rather hang out with you." The captain simply said before turning around and walking off, leaving Jennie a blushing mess. "Oh my God." 

"Alright, let's go." Nayeon said as she returned. Jennie faced her with a shocked face and scarlet cheeks. Nayeon groaned loudly seeing that. 

"Seriously? Why do I keep missing you two!" She exclaimed. 

"Boo!" Jennie gasped and flinched intensely as Lisa laughed from behind her shoulder. "Oops, didn't know you were such a frightened human being." She apologized, but still chuckled a little.  

Jennie put her hand over her heart and sighed. She stood still for a few seconds before facing Lisa with a glare, smacking her with her sleeves. "Why. Would. You. Do. That!" She hit her with every word. 

"Ow, ow. Sorry. Sorry!" Lisa grabbed hold of Jennie's arms and pulled her closer. "You can finally come close now. I'm clean." She mentioned as she stared down at Jennie's eyes. The brunette stopped and stared in awe at Lisa's face. 

The captain carefully moved a lock of hair out of Jennie's face, tucking it behind her ear. "You wore your hair down today." She said with a smile. Jennie shrugged playfully. "Felt like it." She whispered. 

"Oh my God! It's happening!" A loud voice appeared from beside them. Lisa and Jennie both detached from each other and put their hands behind their backs, as if they were caught doing something wrong. 

Nayeon smiled brightly at Lisa and enthusiastically shook her hand. "Hi. Hello, I'm Nayeon, if you didn't remember me from the other day." She spoke quickly. Lisa smiled back and detached her hand from hers. 

"Ya, I remember you. You're also in my calculus class if I remember correctly?" Lisa titled her head to side. Nayeon's smile brightened even more if that was possible, and she nodded her head. 

She didn't stop looking at Lisa until she heard Jennie clear . 

"Weren't we just heading out now?" Jennie asked her, discreetly nudging her in the arm. Nayeon opened to agree, but she smirked instead. 

"Actually, Jihyo from Chem offered to give me a ride today. So, here you guys go." She reached into her pocket to pull out the keys to her car and handed them to Jennie. "There. Practice your driving while you're at it, but if there is one scratch on my baby then I'm going to war with you." She said with a sweet smile before waving at a pleased Lisa and shocked Jennie. 

"Well I guess I'll go with you then." Lisa said as she pulled up her hood over her head, feeling cold from the breeze that passed by. 

Jennie nodded, not being able to form words with the things that were happening in the moment. 

"I'm going to give Lisa a ride. I'm going to give Lisa a ride! I'm going to give The Lisa Manoban a ride!" 

She silently squealed in her head and mentally jumped up and down. Having to release her outburst in some way. 

"A-Alright, l-let's go then." She stuttered as she walked ahead, hearing Lisa's footsteps behind her. 

"You know how to drive?" Lisa asked, curious seeing Jennie turn on the ignition and adjust the car flawlessly. The brunette shrugged. "Ya, I just never get the chance to since my parents mostly use the car." Jennie explained, pulling out of the parking lot. 

Lisa nodded, speechless by her thoughts that were thinking how hot Jennie looked with her hands on the steering wheel. But also how cute she looked as well. "How can she hot and cute at the same time?"

"It's getting cold outside now." Lisa commented seeing a tree get shoved by the wind. "You should start wearing some heavy clothes." She turned to see Jennie looking over at the road. 

"Y-Ya, I should." The older girl said, fixing her glasses, trying to hide her giddiness over the fact that Lisa seemed to care for her. 

"You should start covering yourself up as well. Start wearing less shorts." Jennie said. "So no one can look at those legs." She said, but in her mind. Lisa hummed. "I should."

The car became quiet again, with both of them trying to think of things to say. 

"Is it alright if I come around 8 to pick you up? The party starts at 7 but no one's coming till later on." The captain asked. Jennie nodded. "Yes, that's fine." 

"Great." 

"Lisa, can I ask a question?" Jennie stopped at a red light and turned to face her. Lisa looked over and waited. 

"Why me?" The brunette asked simply. Lisa put on a confused face at that. "What do you mean?" "I mean, you could hang out with anyone else right now, why did you chose the most boring person?" Jennie's voice became quieter at the last part. 

Lisa's face softened at that. "If you think that I'm doing it out of pity or because I have to, then you're wrong. I'm doing this because you're interesting Jennie Kim. You don't check yourself in every mirror that passes by or obsess over your looks. Which you don't have to by the way, because you're drop dead gorgeous. You spend your time reading books and with your family. You wear sneakers to school everyday, and put your hair up in messy bun most of the time, and you wear your adorable frames." 

Jennie's breath stopped listening to that, and Lisa leaned in closer to brush her thumb over her cheeks. 

A loud honk made them both jolt and Jennie pressed on the pedal, moving the car. The brunette didn't look over at Lisa, afraid that if she did, she would instantly press her lips against hers. 

"You're interesting Jennie Kim. And I love interesting." Lisa said once more as Jennie pulled up along Lisa's house. 

Jennie shot her a shy wave before Lisa left. 

Once She was inside, Jennie slammed her head against the steering wheel. 

"Holy , holy mothering . Holy mothering !" She exclaimed, her mind malfunctioning. She took off her glasses so she could run her hands across her face, afraid she was dreaming. 

"She called me interesting. And Lisa Manoban loves interesting!" Jennie exclaimed giddily to herself.