Chapter 2

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

Jennie shut her locker after getting her books and turned around to see the certain girl who had invaded her dreams last night. "Lisa." 

She breathed out as she saw the captain stride down the hallway. Of course there was a huge crowd around her, like birds flocking for her attention. 

"How can anyone look so effortlessly hot?" Jennie wondered in awe, looking at Lisa's legs which were exposed thanks to the denim shorts she wore today paired with the school's varsity jacket. Her legs were very toned but lean by the way. "Oh god." Jennie said and rushed down the opposite side of the hallway, not wanting to melt Lisa with her laser like stares any longer. 

"So, I was thinking that before your game next Friday, we can go grab some dinner? Just us." A girl who approached the basketball player said to Lisa who was busy taking her books out of her locker. The captain winced before turning around with a gentle smile. 

"I'd really love that-" "Yeri" "Yeri, but I'm kind of packed right now. Sorry." Lisa continued on and let down the blonde haired girl slowly. "Maybe next time?" Lisa asked looking at the downcast expression on Yeri's face now.

Her face lightened up slowly and she showed that bright smile again. "Of course! Bye Lisa!" She waved bye and went on her tippy toes to quickly peck Lisa on the cheek before leaving. 

"Will you stop being so nice to everyone? That's why half the school is obsessed with you." Jisoo's voice came out from behind her. Lisa turned around with a small smile and shrugged. "Whatever." She closed her locker and walked along with Jisoo to her class. 

The shorter girl shook her head and ruffled up Lisa's hair playfully, causing the other girl to scowl. "Hey! My bangs!" She exclaimed and stop to stare at her reflection through a glass trophy showcase to fix them. "You know it takes forever to style these, ." Lisa turned around and shoved Jisoo away from her. 

Jisoo laughed behind her obnoxiously. "Well, I'm going to class now. Bye stink face!" She said before jogging into chemistry before the door slammed shut. 

Lisa stood staring at her reflection, suddenly getting reminded of the events of yesterday. "I'll find you, pretty stranger. Mark my words." 

Upon entering, Jisoo searched the class for straight blonde hair, and she found a head at the back of the class. She strode confidently, turning everyone's heads except for the one she wishes to turn. 

"Park Chaeyoung." Jisoo said with her usually charming smile that would get any guy or girl to fall on the floor, and pulled the chair next to her so she can sit down. 

The head cheerleader turned her head and looked at her with straight face. "Yes?" "I've got an extra movie ticket with your name on it. So what do you say? Me, you in a crowded dark room watching the most romantic movie ever." Jisoo said confidently. 

Park Chaeyoung said nothing but shook her head and went back to facing her friends. "Try harder next time Kim." 

Jisoo could swear that she saw a hint of smile on her face. That alone got her blushing like a madman. "S-Sure. Bye for now Park Chaeyoung." The raven haired girl got up and went to her seat before class started. 

"Are you ever going to say yes to the poor girl? She's been trying for months. I don't see the problem. She's popular, hot, and nice." Park Chaeyoung's best friend said from the seat beside her. The blonde rose one of her eyebrows and turned to face her. "I'll say yes when I feel like it." She responded sternly. "Alright, Joy?" The cheerleader named Joy gulped and nodded her head, getting intimidated by her friend.

 "Ya, I mean she's like the whole package, next to Lisa of course." Yeri piped from beside her. 

"Oh I know!" The younger blonde straightened up like she had the greatest idea in the world. "You and I can have a double date with Jisoo and Lisa!" She exclaimed. Park Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and turned to face the front. Done with the conversation. 

"Sure. If you ever get Lisa." She ended the talk as the teacher walked in. 

"God, I'm starving." Nayeon complained. Jennie Kim chuckled seeing her state. "Don't worry, only a couple more seconds till we reach the place of your dreams. The cafeteria." Upon hearing that she straightened up her back and speed walked, dragging her best friend with her. 

"H-Hey!" Jennie complained as she was pulled into the busy area. She fixed her tilted glasses and looked at Nayeon with a glare. The older girl just shrugged.

"Oh, shut up. It's the basketball team." Nayeon said, looking straight ahead to see a  group of girls walk into the cafeteria. Jennie perked up at that and she whipped her head around to scan through the girls. 

She even went on her tippy toes, but with no luck, Jennie pouted and slouched back down. 

No sign of Lisa.

"Oooh, trying to spot a certain captain?" Nayeon said in a teasing voice and poked Jennie in the stomach. "N-No. Let's just eat now." The brunette went up to grab her tray and sat down at one of the tables in the corner of the room. Nayeon rushed to catch up with her. 

"Ah it's okay to admit it. Everyone is practically in love with her." Nayeon continued on with the teasing. Jennie punched her friend in arm harshly, her cheeks becoming red. "Ow!" Nayeon exclaimed. "You !" She whimpered and rubbed on the sore spot on her arm. 

"I don't know why everyone thinks you're so innocent. You're evil." Nayeon exaggerated. "Stop acting like I stole your kidney. You're fine." Jennie rolled her eyes and began to eat her sandwich. The older girl grumbled some more but began to eat as well. 

"I wonder where she is tho, she usually always comes here for lunch." Jennie wondered aloud, trying to ignore the smirking Nayeon beside her.  

"Lalisa Manoban? May I speak with you please?" A loud low voice was heard over the girl's shoulders as they were on the way to lunch. 

The captain turned around with a confused face. "Sure." "Come with me." The teacher turned around and walked to the principal's office. "Good luck." Jisoo said to Lisa and the other girls patted her on the back before heading off without her. 

"Alright, Lalisa. I'm here to talk about your school performance. I understand that you are extraordinary in basketball and in sports in general." Lisa smiled proudly at that statement. "But looking at your academics, you seem to be lacking in Math and English. At the rate you are going, you will be failing your junior year here and will be put off the basketball team." The principal informed. 

Lisa didn't say anything but looked down at her shoes. "If I try to boost my mark now, will I still be able to play?" She asked hopefully, running through all the possible scenarios in her head. 

The principal sighed. "I presume so. Which is also why I am going to recommend you to have a tutor. I have a few students lined up here. But I believe that the best one for you will be Jennie Kim. She's in the same grade and is able to explain things very clearly."

He handed Lisa a paper with her name on it. "Jennie Kim?" She said the name out loud and no face came in her head. "Alright then. Thanks for letting me know." The captain smiled thankfully before exiting the office. 

"Jennie Kim? Where are you?" She asked herself wandering down the halls. She checked various classrooms around the school and even asked a bunch a students, but no one seemed to know where she was. Very little seemed to know who she even was. 

Lisa gave up and headed to the cafeteria. "Great, now I have two people to find. I got the face of one, and the name of another." She laughed at her situation. 

Without watching where she was going, she collided into someone else. "Are you okay?" Lisa asked first. The blonde winced and lifted her head. 

"Oh, Park Chaeyoung." Lisa said. The head cheerleader straightened up her clothes before giving Lisa a small smile. "Didn't see you there, Lisa." She said. 

Lisa chuckled and scratched the back of her nape. "Sorry, just had a lot on my mind. With school and everything." "It must be tiring, trying to keep track of the games and school at the same time." 

"Oh you have no idea." Lisa said exasperated. Chaeyoung let out a snicker before returning back to her straight face. "Anyways I have to go back to my cheer squad now." The blonde said and before she could leave, Lisa called out. 

"Wait, I was wondering if you've ever heard of someone named Jennie Kim? She's supposed to be my tutor from now on." Lisa handed her the paper and Chaeyoung smiled. "Oh, she's my next door neighbour. Although I gotta tell you, she's a huge nerd." Park Chaeyoung handed the slip back to Lisa and waved a goodbye before leaving. 

"A nerd, huh?" Lisa whispered. For some reason, the pretty stranger from yesterday popped into her head. "God, I wish she was my tutor." Lisa silently wished for it to happen, thinking back to how adorable the stranger looked in her glasses and messy bun. Especially with her snowflakes pyjamas. 

"See you tomorrow Lis!" Lisa turned around to give one last wave before heading outside of the school. "Ah, I gotta go to Jennie Kim's house now. Who knows how far she lives." Lisa said. "I don't even know where she lives." She groaned loudly and rubbed her face, trying to take the stress away. 

Lisa had just got out of practice, and didn't even bother to take a shower or change out of her practice clothes. She had to hurry up and get some tutoring done so she can get home and practice some more. 

"I can give you a ride there." Park Chaeyoung called out from behind her. Lisa turned around to see Park Chaeyoung and her two cheerleading friends. Lisa mentally groaned this time seeing Yeri again. 

"Thanks for that. But I have my bike with me." Lisa went towards her bike and undid the lock. "Just put it in the trunk smart one." Chaeyoung said and walked towards her convertible opening up the trunk. 

"Thanks." Lisa smiled gratefully and placed it inside. "You can sit beside me Lisa." Yeri said opening up the back door. "There'e enough room for me and you." The youngest said with a playful wink. Lisa chuckled uneasily. 

"I was thinking that I should just sit in the front, I'm a little sweaty right now." Lisa declined her offer and walked to the other side of the vehicle. "Hey, I sit shotgun!" Joy said walking up to Lisa. 

Park Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and honked the horn. "Make up your minds already, or I'm leaving both of you two bimbos behind and only taking Lisa with me."

Lisa kept looking at Joy in the eyes, but eventually backed off. She sighed and went to the back. "I'll just sit here then." 

"Yay!" Yeri said and immediately hooked her arm around Lisa's as she sat down. Park Chaeyoung muttered something under her breath but started the car and began to drive. "So Lisa, why do you have to go to this Jennie Kim's house anyways?" Yeri asked cutely as she placed her chin on the captain's shoulder. 

"She's going to be my tutor from now on. I really need help with Math and English. At least that's what the principal says." Lisa says with a bright smile. "I can be your tutor. You can come to my place and I can teach you a lot of things." Yeri said with a smirk as she trailed her hand up and down Lisa's arm. 

"Yeri. The only thing that you are capable of teaching her is how to be an idiot." Chaeyoung spoke up looking up at the mirror. Yeri pouted and straightened herself up, still keeping her arm intertwined with Lisa's. 

A moment of silence passes before Joy leans back to look at Lisa with a smirk. "So how does it feel to be in a convertible with three cheerleaders, captain?" Lisa rose one of her brows. "It's amazing." She replied sarcastically. 

"Yah? Well a bunch of people would wish to be in your spot right now." Joy extended her seatbelt so she could lean closer to Lisa. "People also wish to be in my spot right now too. And Yeri's. Chaeyoung's maybe." She laughed and finally moved to face the front again. 

Lisa leaned her head back and closed her eyes, hoping she could get some rest before they arrive. "Lisa?" She heard from beside her. The silver haired girl stayed with her eyes closed, hoping Yeri would take the hint. She knew it was rude, but she couldn't help herself. 

The blonde cheerleader beside her huffed. ""Alright then, we can just cuddle." Yeri said and Lisa felt a body press into her. 

"We're here girls." Park Chaeyoung said as the car stopped. Lisa's eyes immediately flew open and she opened the door, stepping out of the car. Yeri fell forward, not having a body to lean into anymore. 

"Thanks, Chaeyoung! I owe you!" Lisa said as she ran off to her neighbour's house. The basketball player followed the little stone path up to the porch and ascended the stairs. She pressed on the doorbell and waited patiently. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees Chaeyoung and her friends enter her house, not without Yeri sending a flying kiss towards Lisa's direction though. 

The door opened revealing a small girl. 

"Wait, aren't you...Ella?" Lisa asked, perplexed. The girl looked up at her confused, but a second after, her face split open to a wide smile. "Lisa!" She exclaimed and hugged the player's legs tightly. "Uh, hey. Sorry about that, I must have the wrong house." 

Lisa tried to pry herself away from the hug, but it was useless, she was stuck like glue. "No, you've come to the right house." 

"Have I? I'm looking for a Jennie Kim." 

"That's me." 

Lisa heard a voice come from inside the house. She saw the form of a figure come closer, but she couldn't see who it was due to the shadow cast upon her. 

"L-L-Lisa?" Jennie said in surprise as she came forward and noticed the familiar silver hair and basketball jersey. 

"You're Jennie Kim?" Lisa asked in awe as she saw the pretty stranger with glasses and another messy bun. "I-"

"Oh God." Jennie didn't let Lisa give any other explanation as she shut the door harshly, leaving her and her sister out.